Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Mariana Horchata posted:

specifically i mean by using it subjegate/divide/mislead the public thru inspiring fear, or terror... What's the difference?

*liberalishly, helping them with legal definitions* "well actually, "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Princess Died
Jun 29, 2017

Sir Tonk posted:

calling out senators that voted against background checks, prepare for maximum whataboutism from the right starting like immediately

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

mormonpartyboat posted:

its bullshit op

its no less bullshit than anything else

though trying to define and categorize runs into the old problem of too narrow too broad really quickly when you're dealing with a thing that's different in every system it encounters :hai:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Al! posted:

i think

i apologize

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HZfuCisTz8

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I've dumpstered people at 400m with the Gauss SAW now that I think about it

silly little fucks who thing that they're facing off with some VS spergin' HA with The One True Loadout who is useless past 100m

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

YOU A loving HAT posted:

that's the story, except for the agonizing butthole foaming. Apparently it hurt a LOT. I guess when you mix baking soda and acid, it DOES neutralize it...eventually. it just foams up and heats up and fizzes the acid around spreading it even more. That's what I remember from science class, anyway.

That is one science project I would not want to have up my rear end. One of many, if i'm being honest.

that kid was full of poo poo and deep down you knew it

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

back when I used to work at the pharmacy I made a lot of friends of old people on fixed incomes when I told them that they could substitute dirt cheap tums for their expensive rear end calcium supplements because it's the same loving poo poo

the bioavailability difference between the various types of calcium is all marketing

:0

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Schnorkles posted:

its no less bullshit than anything else

:agreed:

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Intel&Sebastian posted:

lmao @ infowars cucked by good old fashioned guns/christ/paranoia conservatism

wrap it up alexailures

you know the best place to target god-fearing christians is in the middle of Las Vegas, Nevada.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/funnyordie/status/913450987989303296

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

it has gotten plenty of revision, IR as u might imagine is a very very responsive field to how the world is actually working and also takes in a whole bunch of things that we never hear about like burma and indonesia and such when trying to inform on system wide definitions.

the point is that this is the field of academia and people who talk about things for a living with a high degree of specialty and the people choosing our elected officials do not care and actively spurn these people so roy moore gets elected and welp

the point is the academia doesn't know poo poo and just plays catch up and explaining away of facsist purges when it comes to poo poo like this so there's no point in giving two shits about what any of them think except historians, who will mostly just tell you what you already know

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Schnorkles posted:

it has gotten plenty of revision, IR as u might imagine is a very very responsive field to how the world is actually working and also takes in a whole bunch of things that we never hear about like burma and indonesia and such when trying to inform on system wide definitions.

the point is that this is the field of academia and people who talk about things for a living with a high degree of specialty and the people choosing our elected officials do not care and actively spurn these people so roy moore gets elected and welp
kinda makes you think "what was the point of all that discussion and speciality and academic rigor and revisionism and rerevisionism and devisionism"

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

mormonpartyboat posted:

i choose to believe that it made a bunch of salts and they caused horrifying, wilting instant dehydration

you know when i first shared this story, it was with the intent of having a larff at a dumb person, and then not thinking about chemical reactions in his butthole ever again.

but here we are.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzhPzHhnFl0

again

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
why you rear end so salty

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

hello, friend

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

kinda makes you think "what was the point of all that discussion and speciality and academic rigor and revisionism and rerevisionism and devisionism"

i wrote a book, that said how to fix things, and they're not fixed, even though

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

YOU A loving HAT posted:

yeah, but i guess they're IN your stomach which has a protective lining used to acid. a quick google says the neutralization does occur rapidly, but while they're interacting it can heat the mixture up quickly and the acid may fizz around and spread.

i guess the major difference being that the tablets are solid and react much slower than a bunch of straight powder. i'm pretty sure i did this as a high school chemistry experiment actually

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

reminder that Zizek was a redcap

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
Fwiw dutch news uses the same language as it does with terror attack's. So it's a politics thing not naming it terrorism. For the people still going 'well actually'

I cba to look it up in more languages

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

mormonpartyboat posted:

why you rear end so salty

saltybutt

hey whatever happened to saltybet

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

what's going on

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5o4x_B2HvU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Schnorkles posted:

like i was basically the definition of centrist like 12 months ago and i'm now c-spam as poo poo and advocate punching nazis

another cspam success story!! :toot:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

basically the reality of all of this is that u should ignore my posting unless its about health care policy :hai:

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Al! posted:

saltybutt

kia by baking soda buttcano

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Schnorkles posted:

that is the problem though, accuracy and facts to definitions is facetious as shiet because they are disingenuous.

Like ya, I get why there are parameters to define terrorism for an organized effort to give appropriate measured responses especially with the international community. I think domestic terrorism needs a re-evalutation yet they could talk to the right wing until they're blue in the face about it and the right wing will be like "na, that guy was a loner :o:, its out of my hands, sad but too bad."

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

saltybutt

waifu overdose

:rip:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Thatim posted:

Fwiw dutch news uses the same language as it does with terror attack's. So it's a politics thing not naming it terrorism. For the people still going 'well actually'

I cba to look it up in more languages

the hell do i care what some ferriners think about the scope of our gun violence problem that they can't possibly even pretend to comprehend

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Epic High Five posted:

the hell do i care what some ferriners think about the scope of our gun violence problem that they can't possibly even pretend to comprehend

thought you wrote farriers

loving HORSESHOE MONGERS

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
oh no the polarization who will think of the centrists

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Lastgirl posted:

that is the problem though, accuracy and facts to definitions is facetious as shiet because they are disingenuous.

Like ya, I get why there are parameters to define terrorism for an organized effort to give appropriate measured responses. I think domestic terrorism needs a re-evalutation yet they could talk to the right wing until they're blue in the face about it and the right wing will be like "na, that guy was a loner :o, its out of my hands, sad but too bad."

pretend i posted something about heidegger and clashing horizons and then went on a long derail about the fact that heidegger was a goddamn nazi so who cares

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

YOU A loving HAT posted:

thought you wrote ferriers

loving HORSESHOE MONGERS

those fuckers are on a different but equally virulent list and I'll get to them in due time

THEY KNOW WHAT THEY DID

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Epic High Five posted:

Yes

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
haven't watched it yet but here ya go
https://twitter.com/ScottAukerman/status/915048910502031361

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Epic High Five posted:

those fuckers are on a different but equally virulent list and I'll get to them in due time

THEY KNOW WHAT THEY DID

well yeah, they made horseshoes

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

YOU A loving HAT posted:

well yeah, they made horseshoes

That's certainly the.....

THEORY

:ninja:

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl