Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Wolfsheim posted:

I've never played Dragon's Dogma but this kind of AI retardation makes it sound kind of amazing
It is and you should play it. I think I'm on NG+8 on PS3 or something equally ridiculous. The enemies don't scale on NG so you keep all of your skills and OP weapons so that you just destroy everything and each playthrough gets shorter.

The pawn AI is an inscrutable beast but also amazing at what they learn to do. I usually run strider so I can use bow/daggers and my pawn is a sorcerer. Except one time I had been running her as a rogue while I was doing warrior poo poo, and then switched back to my usual setup. In the middle of a dragon fight instead of casting spells she climbed up on it and started punching it in the face :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Sounds more like bad WiFi reception than DNS issues to me. Probably worth investing in a better router, or Powerline equipment.

Do you have any USB 3.0 devices connected to the PS4 that could cause interference?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Noted PS4 exclusive Nioh has announced they will be releasing it on PC with all 3 DLC rolled into it in Mid-November.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
The best action RPG in the world would be if you took Witcher 3 and just bolted Dragon's Dogma combat onto it.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

I never played dragon's dogma on ps3 but i've got over 100 hours in the pc version on steam, by the end i was playing some broken magic archer build that just obliterated everything with homing missiles or i could climb all over monsters and stab them in their eye(s) with daggers. one of my fav games ever and i'll probably pick it up on ps4 again even though there's so much other awesome stuff coming out this month

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

RichterIX posted:

The best action RPG in the world would be if you took Witcher 3 and just bolted Dragon's Dogma combat onto it.

Dragon's Dogma lets you climb a cyclop's leg and then stab the crotch while being set in fire. I'd play that mix.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I love Witcher 3 (peep the av) and really enjoy its combat but it would absolutely be improved by being able to Igni myself and then hurl my flaming body at noonwraiths.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Be the change you want to see in the world

If you haven't spotted it, I am. I want more positivity in this world and that can absolutely start with me.

Also Macarius I really appreciate you thinking that here in Games. I am glad to know that I have helped in some way!! :D

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!

Bad Parenting posted:

I never played dragon's dogma on ps3 but i've got over 100 hours in the pc version on steam, by the end i was playing some broken magic archer build that just obliterated everything with homing missiles or i could climb all over monsters and stab them in their eye(s) with daggers. one of my fav games ever and i'll probably pick it up on ps4 again even though there's so much other awesome stuff coming out this month

You do know that the PS4 version is the PC version, right?

???

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Yep, but it's a great game and i'll buy it on every platform i own in the hope that one day they will make a sequel.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

More like bad financing

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I've bought Dragon's Dogma 4 times already and absolutely nothing you say will stop me from giving Capcom more money for it again.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Policenaut posted:

I've bought Dragon's Dogma 4 times already and absolutely nothing you say will stop me from giving Capcom more money for it again.

Not an empty quote.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Policenaut posted:

More like walletnaut

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Dragon's Dogma is a good game

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Coughing Hobo posted:

Not an empty quote.

More like—oh, your name already works.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Despite constantly losing I can't seem to stop playing stupid fortnite battle royale and I hate myself

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I was super excited for DD:DA re-release but then PS+ gave me MGSV for free which I'd never gotten around to playing and I know myself well enough to know the I can't hold down multiple games at a time. If I start one, I'll not go back to the other. So I guess DD:DA will have to wait a bit.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
It's not like they'll take the game away, go wild on MGSV then climb some cyclops next month.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Finally got around to episode 3 of Life is Strange a few weeks after the first two and I'm hoping that's considered the worst one. The puzzle of getting the guy to take his keys out was really weak, I guessed the climactic reveal like 10 seconds too early for it to be effective and this one was little too obvious about the choices turning into an Ethics 101 trolley problem.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Montalvo posted:

Despite constantly losing I can't seem to stop playing stupid fortnite battle royale and I hate myself

Welcome to my life.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I wish it could get you in and out of games quicker. the 5 minutes in between games really makes dying 5 seconds in frustrating and I usually just lose interest.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Huh. Looks like Andrew House is stepping down at Sony. Wonder who's going to be the face at PSX? I quite enjoyed his presentations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Fix posted:

Huh. Looks like Andrew House is stepping down at Sony. Wonder who's going to be the face at PSX? I quite enjoyed his presentations.

I hope the contracts involved in the Andrew House Benevolent Foundation for the Advancement of Hideo Kojima are watertight.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Fix posted:

It will absolutely be Shawn Layden, just like last year.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It's been a long road, getting from there to here...

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It's been a long road, getting from there to here...

U R NOT(*e)

*red

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

System software 5.0 just dropped:

You can leave party from quick menu
Clock in quick menu
No more notifications during video playback if you want

:worship:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Episode 2 of Batman is neat. They've mixed up the Harley/Joker a bit so she's carrying the power.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Quantum of Phallus posted:

No more notifications during video playback if you want

:worship:
Does that mean no "you can't record here" notifications?

Also for the PSVR surround sound for bluray movies but I can't tell the difference...or I don't know how to turn it on? Either way, virtual surround sound is nothing compared to the binaural representation PSVR games get.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Samurai Sanders posted:

Does that mean no "you can't record here" notifications?

You've always been able to disable these.

This new function suppresses all notifications during video playback (Bluray, Streaming etc)

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Fame Douglas posted:

You've always been able to disable these.
How?

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Fix posted:

His replacement, John Kodera, has a background in network services. We can always hope for changing usernames.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sean layden is too smug looking. I miss kaz but i guess his charisma was needed elsewhere

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Go to Settings -> Notifications -> Pop-Up Notifications -> uncheck "Blocked Scenes for Video Recording"

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
[quote="“Fame Douglas”" post="“477009718”"]
Go to Settings -> Notifications -> Pop-Up Notifications -> uncheck “Blocked Scenes for Video Recording”

[/quote]
Well what do you know. I assumed there was no easy way to turn it off since people in this forum and others have been complaining about it for years.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm on firmware 5.00 beta 4. With the release of 5.00, will my beta invitation end if I get it? Will I be able to install future betas or do I need to send a request for that again?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's always had that option but it used to be a lot more hidden than it is now.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I never knew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Seems like there's a new PS4 Pro model, the CUH-7100

quote:

PS4 Pro Gets Minor Hardware Update; Changing Model from CUH-7000 to CUH-7100
Sony Interactive Entertainment is updating its PS4 Pro to CUH-7100 models, featuring a minor update in the internal components.

Yesterday, Sony Interactive Entertainment has changed the model number of the Jet Black PS4 Pro in Japan from CUH-7000 to CUH-7100 as discovered by the Japanese website 4Gamer.

The upcoming PS4 Pro “Rathalos Edition” coming with Monster Hunter World also features the new model number.

4Gamer inquired with Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan and Asia on the reason behind the change, and the house of PlayStation clarified that the new model number was required due to an update in the internal components of the console.

That being said, they also made sure to specify that there will no change in actual features or specs for the PS4 Pro.

This change is in line with Sony’s model numbering standards, with incremental alterations in the second digit of the number indicating minor hardware updates that have no influence on the console’s performance and looks.

If you bought a CUH-7000 PS4 Pro, you don’t need to worry, as your console is not becoming obsolete.

Normally this kind of change is made during the process of reducing the production costs of a console, with new parts that are cheaper to manufacture being swapped in to improve the margin per unit sale. It’s an entirely expected procedure that is often done several times during the life cycle of a game machine.

Source: https://www.dualshockers.com/playstation-pro-hardware-update/