Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Let's go with block, I enjoy Agent's rants about bad dice as much as everyone else, gimping his saurus would be too much this early in the lp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

a dodgesaurus isn't that bad. he'll have five others anyway, and the block-frenzy one will cover most of the blitzing.

namad
Nov 7, 2013

namad posted:

Yes we can expect to roll doubles 1/6th of the time. Which means yes we'll probably get dodge at some point in the not to distant future.
However +ma or +av is a very rare roll! you get what? 1/12th? or 1/18th of the time?

It's a shame we didn't get +ma on the saurus with frenzy, that would've made for an amazing blitzer. On the flip side having an extra point of AV means that when you don't have block and you roll both down, you're much less likely to die.

So of course I'm voting for Dodge Agent355 has been avoiding an elf team all along, this will finally open him up to facing off against some crazy elven coaches.

EDIT: Also if we're going to only give 5/6 saurus block, it makes sense that the one that doesn't get block at level 1 should be one with a special roll. Maybe people should be voting for wrestle? who knows. Block is a bit boring though considering that the next two level up's will also be block 100%.

EDIT: my option isn't going to win, so like a baby I'll change my vote to Dodge.

I officially change my vote from Diving Tackle to Dodge. Assuming that's legal.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Yeah that's fine.

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:
Voting block, as much as I enjoy agent's anguish at the numbers not going his way, I also am tired of having to see saur-ball every time he reaches the endzone.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Block because more punching

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Votes are closed. My sanityBlock won, many thanks.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
That's what, four Block Saurs now? While I was a jerk and voted for schadenfreude, I am excited by the prospect of games where you handle the ball with Skinks and maybe even get to click the 'End Turn' button.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Yeah, I think if I had 5/6 block saurs I'd just stop playing saurus ball, but the next game is vs. nurgle so I won't be playing saurus ball there anyway! We'll see if a +ag skink can actually do +ag skink things.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Voyager I posted:

That's what, four Block Saurs now? While I was a jerk and voted for schadenfreude, I am excited by the prospect of games where you handle the ball with Skinks and maybe even get to click the 'End Turn' button.

If you ever hit the "end turn" button in Blood Bowl, you aren't taking enough risks. This is how champions play the game.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
This weekend was an excellent one for BB fans.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Oooh boy!

Mightypeon
Oct 10, 2013

Putin apologist- assume all uncited claims are from Russia Today or directly from FSB.

key phrases: Poor plucky little Russia, Spheres of influence, The West is Worse, they was asking for it.
I have way more games then I care about on fumbbl and pretty much hit end turn pretty often.

I kind, once I have 3 rerolls, consider taking mighty blow first on some of the lagging Sauri.
It is trivial to get a 2 dice block, and still fairly easy to get a 3 dice, and mighty blow does a lot for you in slugging matches. It does even more for you in these AV7 is solid games because you can actually remove players.

And it actually makes it somewhat iffy for an opponent to just tarpit your guys with cheap linemen.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Im at work so cant access it but if an Amerifriend could post the two CAS box pictures from my games over the weekend that would be great. Esp my Pelf vs Delf match agaisnt Gaghskull

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Game 6 - Nurgle

Evil Urchin plays a Nurgle team with pony names because playing nurgle isn't bad enough. Mozic's microphone is a weird backup and the quality isn't great. It's fixed next video.

Post Game Spoilers:

Game was fine. I was super annoyed about turn 2 but overall I can't be upset with a cool tie. No level ups though so we got a second game where the voting will happen Friday.

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Oct 3, 2017

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
If a player stays on the ground to avoid getting punched, it is always okay to step on them instead :colbert:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
ABF- Always Be Fouilin'

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Gridlocked posted:

Im at work so cant access it but if an Amerifriend could post the two CAS box pictures from my games over the weekend that would be great. Esp my Pelf vs Delf match agaisnt Gaghskull

I think this is one of them.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Glad Nurgle is done early. Nurgles are like smelly dwarves in that they're slimy hitlers.

I'm sad I missed the vote for doubles Saurus, because Shadowing is the prince of skills!

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Agent355 posted:

I think this is one of them.

Yep and I still won 3-2 hahaha

megane
Jun 20, 2008

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a saurus failing to stamp on a human face — forever.

EvilUrchin
Jun 13, 2007

Sigmar's Fist: 5 Star Crash Rating
I disagree with the sentiment that the Beast of Nurgle isn't a good big guy. Sure he's unreliable, but he starts with Tentacles, so he is just fine standing there and doing nothing.

Also, that elf marked for death is Tad Vanderdick, and he shall live forever thank you very much.

EvilUrchin fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Oct 3, 2017

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Nice to see the super skink do a thing after spending all last match in the injury box.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Skunt, you poor bastard.

Also, orc cheerleaders are best cheerleaders.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
the holy trinity of good big guys is the beast of nurgle, kroxigor and the rat ogre. they are good because they are useful even when you dont touch them.

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

EvilUrchin posted:

I disagree with the sentiment that the Beast of Nurgle isn't a good big guy. Sure he's unreliable, but he starts with Tentacles, so he is just fine standing there and doing nothing.
I agree with this.

Sure, it's got Really Stupid, but once the Beast has a couple people in tentacle range, there's not much reason to activate it. I see it having Mighty Blow (and later possibly Claw) as mostly to discourage throwing -2dbs against it to try to free up players without anteing up the assists for a more favorable block. So it's a big dumb punching bag that you have to go after to free up the 2-3 players already uselessly stuck to it. Oh, and it took Stand Firm after leveling, so you'd better not roll pushes after setting up a 2db against it or you accomplished nothing beyond getting another dude stuck and I will laugh at you.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Game 7 - Professional Elves

This is Gridlock playing, this is his second appearance as he also coached the vampire team we played a few weeks ago. Elves are av7 so I'm hopeful that this goes pretty well~!

Post Game Spoilers
Yeah that went pretty well! Didn't get all that many cas for having thrown 73 blocks but I can't really complain about that when everything else went swimmingly. We have a bunch of cool level ups this time as well as a few other votes so it's going to be a busy weekend.

Same rules as normal apply, I'm not suggesting poo poo in terms of skills, just giving a little info dump about the general use of things.

Skunt rolled normals, that gives him strength access skills. As you've probably noticed skunt works best when he just stands next to things that I want him to stand next to. He's bad at punching and has cas'd himself almost as often as he's cas'd enemy players. Things that make him better at punching or better at standing next to things are generally considered good.

Two Sauruses rolled normals, we've seen these guys before and we kinda know what they do. They get general and strength access on normals.

And Fleetfoot Mac rolled doubles which is a pretty exciting roll on a skink let alone a +ag statmonster skink, so this is a pretty cool level up for him. Lots of useful choices.

Also we're going to take our first cheerleader vote, do we keep orcs or switch to dwarves or humans for the next video?

We have a big ole pile of money right now so we can afford some stuff. Namely we could buy another reroll, or an extra skink or two, or we could upgrade our stadium so that we can work toward getting some stadium enhancements that are a BB2 exclusive thing that are pretty cool and we'll talk more about them in specific when we can actually get them. For now we'd need to dump 100k into the stadium and another 100k sometime in the future into an enhancement to actually get em. They do things like change the kick off result options or give bonuses to both teams that may be more beneficial to one or the other. For instance the classic goblin favored one gives each team a bribe at the start of the game.

Lastly GOOOOONBOWL is going to be starting fairly soon and since it's going to be run by me and mostly consist of people who are in this thread/discord I thought I'd do a quick poll over something I've been mulling over. Namely, do we ban dwarves from goonbowl?. The reason to ban them is they are just awful and no fun to play and literally nobody wants to play against them, on the other hand it feels sort of childish to ban something just because nobody likes it and maybe we should live and let live? This is the only vote I'm actually going to vote in and I say Fukkin ban the bearded assholes because they are something not-fun smack dab in the middle of something that supposed to be nothing but fun.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
I vote do not ban dwarfs since the rules are a holy thing you do not mess in goonbowls. Past goonbowls allowed dwarfs and so shall all future goonbowls.

ProZocK
Apr 22, 2013
Here, to make up for dicing you, multiple times, have some nice, calm text.
Skunt = Break Tackle
You have enough strenght that guard is not REALLY needed right now, and break tackle will let you move him where his tail is needed

Papa G = Tackle
Almost said mighty blow but you need someone to deal with dodgers

Fleetfoot Mac = Block
Yeah, agi 4 blodge stuntie is not something you pass up.

But most importantly
Dont you DARE change the cheerleaders. ORC CHEERLEADERS FOREVER

And I am fine with draves on goonbowl on ONE CONDITION: Only if a newbie wants to play them.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

This match is a real hoot! A jiggle physics, green pair of hooters if you would.

I'm just pausing on turn 9 to say you missed a flashy surf. The lineman marking the frenzysaurus was five pushes from a surf. I'm not good enough at numbers to know if it was likely to succeed.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Oct 6, 2017

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

ProZocK posted:

Skunt = Break Tackle
You have enough strenght that guard is not REALLY needed right now, and break tackle will let you move him where his tail is needed

Papa G = Tackle
Almost said mighty blow but you need someone to deal with dodgers

Fleetfoot Mac = Block
Yeah, agi 4 blodge stuntie is not something you pass up.

But most importantly
Dont you DARE change the cheerleaders. ORC CHEERLEADERS FOREVER

And I am fine with draves on goonbowl on ONE CONDITION: Only if a newbie wants to play them.

Voting dis and another REROLL to make the team pretty well whole in terms of what's needed.

Stupid Skunt not rolling dubs. That would have turned it into something really special.

Petterwass
Oct 2, 2012
Break Tackle for the Krox
+ Agility for the Saur, just because.

Don't care about the rest

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
My elves are no Tad Vanderdick

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Fleetwood: Wrestle.

Papa G: Tackle.

Skunt: Break Tackle.

Money: Level 2 Stadium upgrade.

Cheerleaders: Orcs.

Goon bowl dwarves: I agree that new players should be allowed to play them.

I think wrestle is the thing to make Fleetwood a cage diving rear end in a top hat. It will get him killed, but until that happens he'll be a lot of fun.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Oct 7, 2017

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

I agree with giving Fleetwood Wrassle. It's a solid combination of giving him block and giving him strip ball.

Papa G needs Tackle so he can murder more elves.

Break Tackle seems good for Skunt if he behaves him with Bonehead? He's got pretty high movement for a big guy so he might as well get the most of it instead of staying on the line with guard.

Money: Get another reroll, not that you super duper need it with all these kick off events.

Cheerleaders: Orks forever

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Can we get a full list of all the Pelf names, just so we can see the angry ranting in full?

Arban
Aug 28, 2017
Going with the principle of maximum torture for the player:

Skunt: Break Tackle so he can be doing something more useful than punching random linos when he boneheads.

Papa G.: Mighty Blow so agent can be even saltier about the lack of cas

Fleetfoot: Wrestle so the biggest foul magnet on the team spends more time on the ground.

oh and keep the orcs so the co-commentator gets tortured a bit as well.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Rorahusky posted:

Can we get a full list of all the Pelf names, just so we can see the angry ranting in full?

namad
Nov 7, 2013
First I just want to say frenzy has been really really good. It's caused a lot of interesting things to happen, at least mildly interesting. The opponents fear it. Agent is using it. Glad we picked it, even if it wasn't strictly optimal.

My votes:
Papa G Wrestle
Papa G Wrestle
Papa G Wrestle
Papa G Wrestle

Rest: who cares? You promised us we could vote for a wrestle saur. You gave all the other saurus block without asking us. This is our one voting chance to give a saur wrestle instead of block. We need to take it. Otherwise we'll have to wait for a saurus to die. If we'd been voting normally I think we would already have had a Wrestle saur by now. Tackle is going to be better on one of the other regular old block saurus anyways. A saurus who just has tackle will result in the elf just being happy to stand next to him and eat up a risky block. With tackle and block combined though they're doomed to dodge and doomed to mark.

namad fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Oct 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.
The orcs stay.

• Locked thread