Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR77LZoJ3uY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bitey Bunny
May 26, 2009

c h o m p
boyfriend broke up with me

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Mood

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
This borders on a FWP, but I just remembered that the hosts of The Katering Show are doing another show, and all day at work I was looking forward to binging what they have. Turns out, you can't watch the show outside of Australia, even if you sideload the app on a tablet or something.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 06:00 on Oct 3, 2017

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
I've had bronchitis all week and can't get an appointment with my doctor until Monday. I'm completely useless and missing work. :(

[quote="“fizzymercy”" post="“476663213”"]
Jeza you were right, no paranoia needed. You probably saved my drat life dude. Not going into specifics, but once I read your post I realized I was loving up and went to the ER. I’m in the ICU and doing better. My job is even giving me time with pay!

I can’t believe I’m dumb enough to think I was going to work like that. Goddamn US working conditions had me seriously convinced risking horrible death was worth trying to show up anyway.
[/quote]

Yikes, I'm glad you went in. I hope you're okay!

I'm reminded of the time I slipped in the shower and hit my head; I knew I wanted to go to the ER but couldn't read the keypad on my phone to dial 911, so I decided to just drive in. :doh: it's a miracle I'm still alive.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Caught a cold at the end of my honeymoon but went back to work anyways. I started to recover but woke up today feeling miserable, getting worse as the day wore on. Driving myself home was a test of willpower because of how sick I felt. Turns out the food I had at the workplace cafeteria a few days ago gave me food poisoning :v:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I very clearly have alcohol intolerance and possibly an allergy that I've refused to acknowledge until now. I get flushed across my chest, breathing gets laboured, and hangovers consist of severe dizziness, tight throat, and racing heartbeat. So I guess no more wine or beer for me.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
gently caress you kenny where's my $40 it's been over 2 years you chickenshit I will ask your parents if I have to.

crowtribe
Apr 2, 2013

I'm noice, therefore I am.
Grimey Drawer
Just worked a whole Saturday of overtime, been cutting back on luxuries to make sure I can afford my wedding next year, as well as the honeymoon. I make good money and I definitely splurge too much/too often, but I was getting on top of it and making some savings after being hit with some unexpected vet bills and travel for funerals/weddings.

I clipped a car on the way home on my motorbike and snapped the left foot controls and damaged the car. So there goes all the hard work in the form of my insurance excess to repair the damage to both.

gently caress.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I grew a beard which I hate but everyone else seems to love, which I guess means I was ugly before, I don't know

and that beard plus my bedhead and sleepy eyes makes me look like I orchestrated the 9/11 attacks

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Besesoth posted:

I've had bronchitis all week and can't get an appointment with my doctor until Monday. I'm completely useless and missing work. :(

Yikes, I'm glad you went in. I hope you're okay!

I'm reminded of the time I slipped in the shower and hit my head; I knew I wanted to go to the ER but couldn't read the keypad on my phone to dial 911, so I decided to just drive in. :doh: it's a miracle I'm still alive.

I've started ubering to the hospotal/ urgent care whenever I need to get because a) ambulance always take some me to the shittiest hospital within a 10 mile radius and b) uber is $20 and an ambulance ride is at LEAST $300

Recently I got some really nasty cuts, doc said one apparently hit a vein because it would NOT stop bleeding. Had to uber myself to the urgent care. The problem with UCs is that they mostly employ the doctors that were at the bottom of their class. The stitches closed up the wounds but they left giant red scars because the doc didn't do the stitches properly. I had to get stitches before and I couldn't see the scar now if I tried.

Oh yeah and recently my health issues flared up which is cool (sarcasm) because I've been missing a lot of work. Luckily I'm not fired yet but who knows.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 03:06 on Oct 9, 2017

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
My state's on fire

Plus I got depression

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

My day turned lovely when I remembered I'm deeply in debt and stuck in a job I hate with no way out except winning the lottery or suicide.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My province is on fire. Again. Whole communities being evacuated.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I just don't want to do anything.

Maybe watch TV or something. There's a couple games I like.

Pretty grey lately.

Nermal.
Mar 16, 2003

Hello!
My shiny new Audi took a stealth poo poo today.

That's when the car breaks with zero lights on the dash. It is a rare occurrence, due to the fact Audis have 7,420,911 sensors monitoring every goddamn square inch of the engine Bay looking for things to complain about.

No lights today. Just failed to turn over and a cloud of smoke. Towed to the dealership, got a repair estimate for

EIGHTEEN

THOUSAND

DOLLARS

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Going to a see a gig by someone I've been a fan of for ten years. I'm deaf in my left ear. My right ear seems to have gotten blocked and I can barely hear anything. Terrific.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

quidditch it and quit it posted:

Going to a see a gig by someone I've been a fan of for ten years. I'm deaf in my left ear. My right ear seems to have gotten blocked and I can barely hear anything. Terrific.

Your earwax just decided to make itself in to an earplug. You should be grateful to it.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

quidditch it and quit it posted:

go see an ENT doc, impacted wax sucks.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Had intense pain in one of my upper right molars wednesday night, went to the dentist thursday after work, they were like "you've got an infection in the root of this tooth, you need a root canal. Here's a recommendation and some antibiotics." took'em and went to bed because it was like 4 hours before work and I needed SOME sleep. Only got 2 hours before waking up to intense pain around 10PM, called the recommended local root canal dentist and went to leave a message asking for an appointment the next day, find out they're closed on fridays and won't be open until monday. Went to work after taking some ibuprofin. four hours in it wears off, and I'm back into Intense Painsville for the rest of the shift. To the point I was literally shaking in pain. Like, imagine someone pinched a good, sizeable part of your cheek, hard. Then twisted it, and didn't let go. And every single beat of your pulse, it would throb and stab pain through your head, relentlessly. No mere toothache, the entire right side of my face was throbbing agony. I resorted to using the ice machine to fill a big bag and periodically refilled a sandwich bag with ice to slightly dull the pain. It barely worked and I was constantly checking the time to get out ASAP and get some stronger painkillers at home.

Finally got out of work, went to get another recommendation for a dentist who does root canals from my general dentist, and they sent me to a place a half hour away. Get there, spend like an hour filling out paperwork and figuring out insurance bullshit, get in and sit down, get x-rays taken(they insisted despite me having ones already taken the day before), dentist pokes around in my mouth a bit with the mirror/pick combo. Sets up to begin operating, but first asks me to sign the confirmation form for the root canal price. I've had a few root canals before, always been 250-350 bucks out of pocket. This place wanted $1,078. Up front, immediately, in full. Insurance only covered like 700 bucks of the 1800 total cost they charge there. I was like "yo that's nearly two paychecks worth, I can't do that, I got a mortgage to pay" and they were like "we understand, we'll change this to a consultation instead" and I was like "that's cool, sorry for taking your time"(even though the entire office was empty of patients). So I go to check out and everything, secretary hands me a bill for $180 for the consultation. Supposedly insurance will kick in and reimburse me for most of it, but still, gently caress off with that. They didn't even do anything besides take x-rays they didn't need to.

Then I got home and my dog Rosie is injured somehow, I don't know how, we're taking her to the vet tonight. She keeps slipping and falling, and I think her back is injured. I don't know how it could have happened, and she was totally fine last night. But she's leaning to one side, head tilted to one side, and has bad footing and keeps slipping, so I hope it's just a back injury at worst and not a stroke or something. :(

(old photo)

edit: good news to balance out the bad poo poo from today! Rosie only has Vestibular Disease(and possibly an ear infection), which should clear up in a week! Yay! Here's some photos of the poor girl while she was at the vet! She tried to do the full body shake thing dogs do and wound up sending herself flying because she's got no equilibrium right now

ghost dog

OH NO, HOIVS

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 21:54 on Oct 20, 2017

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

A guy on the train smelled like poo poo and I can't help but think of those guys who think it's gay to clean their buttholes so they never do.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
Had less than a week and a half to find an apartment for a new job downstate. Surprise, surprise, the the new place is a scam. Thankfully, it's enough of one that I might be able to worm my way out of the lease at least.

Still a shity thing to find out after driving 6 hours the night previously, another 2 hours to get to the job in question, working 9 hours thinking the whole time that I had accidentally left my debit card in a fast food restaurant window the process (miracle #2: just dropped it below a bunch of random poo poo I packed into my car) and being cajoled by my parents to just go to a hotel for the night instead because hey, rampant dwickery, it's still better than sleeping on the floor.

You know, since 90% of my stuff, including my bed, is still in my old apartment upstate and won't be with me for another two weeks.

:suicide:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My day started mildly lovely, just because it's cold, raining and grey enough outside that it felt like even being indoors with the lights on felt somehow off-color. That was at work; now at home I feel like poo poo with such a random mishmash of symptoms, because I didn't get much sleep last night and ugh.

merwu
Oct 23, 2017

Say it to my face, ~motherfucker~
I was writing about how lovely my day was, including losing my second engagement ring, the horrors of being at school for over 12 hours tomorrow and the fact that it’s midnight and I have to get up at 6

But this loving app crashed so gently caress me i guess

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Lost my job I’d been at for 12 years which I had just gotten a big raise at, because of lies cooked up by a temp and a known troublemaker

Aeryk posted:

Sorry Mr Weinstein

It wasn’t anything molest-y. It was bullshit about sleeping at work on third shift.

Anil Dikshit has a new favorite as of 23:10 on Oct 25, 2017

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe
Sorry Mr Weinstein

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
None of my co-workers do their loving jobs so I end up doing poo poo all day and not doing what my actual job entails. This wouldn’t bother me so much but our management tries to trot out lovely incentives if we do great and I’m sick of telling them I won’t ever hit those incentives.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.
I work in an extremely male-dominated field, so most of my closer friends are guys. Most of them are a year or two younger than I am, as well. Just one of those things; somebody has to be the oldest in any group. So, their wives - with whom I'm also friends, though not as close, of course - are at least 5+ years younger than me, thanks to the eternal age difference.

All of them are now pregnant, or raising their first kids.

I don't have kids, and never wanted any. I don't mind babies; I just can take 'em or leave 'em. I'm about as "good with kids" as the next random dude... except I'm a lady. Now that all of my lady friends are going FULL loving TILT BABY MODE, I'm utterly lost in the middle.

At any gathering, the ladies now all gather in the kitchen or dining room and talk HOLY poo poo BABIES!!!! PRE-NATAL VITAMINS! MUCOUS PLUGS! the whole time. The men gather in the living room, or outside, and talk about their various extreme sports.

I was always somewhat lost in the middle, as I was one of the few women in the group to begin with. I could talk to the guys about work, and I could at least talk with the ladies about everything else. I was always the weird offshoot because of my gender and role, though.

Now, I can't really talk to either group. My precarious position is basically entirely eroded by this point. Even my own birthday celebration devolved into a loving sitcom-ready experience where my lady friends all shared pregnancy tips and the guys leafed through a mountain biking catalog. I feel like I'm living in a basic-bitch sitcom. What a stupid problem... except it hurts like loving hell that I'm being slowly cut out from my own friend group because I don't have kids.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I am almost certainly coming down with a cold. Last night after I got home from work, nasal spray opened me up enough so that I wasn't a total gasper, but this morning, the whole facial breathing apparatus is clumsy and leaky.

This will be my first cold with a beard; I've gone clean-shaven all my life until about a month or so ago. This complicates things way more than I had planned for and if I could go home and shave the drat thing off, I would.

I'm grumpy about this, too, because tonight was the Halloween party at work (not, like, a cool party or anything; it's more for people to bring their kids, but the camaraderie and goofing off is always a pleasant event) and tomorrow is the chili cookoff which there's no way I'm going to lose unless I'm either too sick to cook/show up OR someone brings in another one of those crockpot dishes that's, like, shredded chicken and cheese whiz and noodles with the word "chili" sloppily and incorrectly affixed to it like the word "TAXI" on the side of the titular love bug in Herbie Goes Bananas (1980)

Pastry of the Year has a new favorite as of 12:31 on Oct 26, 2017

Tiresias2
May 31, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I miss the fan art thread...

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
My last 45 minutes at work were just waiting for a call to drop in. I accomplished nothing in that time.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Intoluene posted:

My last 45 minutes at work were just waiting for a call to drop in. I accomplished nothing in that time.

but nothing went wrong in that time, either, which is pretty remarkable whenever human beings are involved

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
just use your beard and moustache to absorb snot

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Slime posted:

just use your beard and moustache to absorb snot

My cold went away overnight :)

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
stomach pain day 2

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

The Sexual Shiite posted:

Lost my job I’d been at for 12 years which I had just gotten a big raise at, because of lies cooked up by a temp and a known troublemaker

Like, surely there is a way to respond to these lies as lies, right? You had a job for 12 years and don't get a chance to defend yourself at all? You must be leaving something out.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Listen this is a bitching safe space. Don't question. I already made that mistake.

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Listen this is a bitching safe space. Don't question. I already made that mistake.

I'm not bitching I just really wanna know the rest of this story

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Seems pretty accusatory. Everybody leaves something out. That's the point here I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

Like, surely there is a way to respond to these lies as lies, right? You had a job for 12 years and don't get a chance to defend yourself at all? You must be leaving something out.

It was two against one, and our HR has always been really tough on anything they consider ‘stealing time’