Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

ManlyGrunting posted:

I genuinely thought it was just female Patrick and this is like a thought of his he's purging. Then again its not like you can tell characters apart when they have close-ups either.

Is... is that definitively not the case? That was my first assumption too.

Other guesses: actual intruder who's causing this mess (doubtful), weird sibling absorbed before birth who exists only as a psychic presence in Patrick's mind because superpowers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

The Lord of Hats posted:

Is... is that definitively not the case? That was my first assumption too.

Other guesses: actual intruder who's causing this mess (doubtful), weird sibling absorbed before birth who exists only as a psychic presence in Patrick's mind because superpowers.

Cassandra Nova would gently caress this setting UP
I hope she does honestly

E: they're not going to do this, but given Patrick's powers he could reasonably have copies of every personality he ever read deeply in his mind. All their memories and mental habits. In that case his entire internal world could be a microcosm of the world he wants to build, a systolic mindscape created by his own basically authoritarian tendencies. But they're not doing anything that cool.

Joe Slowboat fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Sep 29, 2017

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

ManlyGrunting posted:

I genuinely thought it was just female Patrick and this is like a thought of his he's purging. Then again its not like you can tell characters apart when they have close-ups either.
So what you're telling me is that in side of Patrick is a strong female protagonist fighting against a system that seeks to get rid of her?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Strong Female Protagonist: Sympathy for the Clevin

Brought To You By posted:

So what you're telling me is that in side of Patrick is a strong female protagonist fighting against a system that seeks to get rid of her?

OK, that's exactly the kind of dumb I'd expect from this writing.

Paladinus posted:

I just want to say that Goodbye to Halos is a terrible webcomic that is not even nice to look at. It's painful to look at, in fact. If you like it, you probably have some webcomic-induced brain malfunction, like some sort of a reverse troll-mirror.

Goodbye to Halos is perfectly fine.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
I kind of hope the next scene the unknown lady getting killed instantly cause allison has no powers in his head.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Discendo Vox posted:

Isn't Goodbye to Halos the one where the main character lives with a man dating an underaged boy? Because that's not very fine.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Discendo Vox posted:

Maybe I am not a very sophisticated perceiver of the arts but this hurts me to look at, for a few reasons but the biggest one being it is ugly as gently caress:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I am the hands.

That are hard to draw.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Those sure are some geometric shapes there. Very Monster Pop

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Monster Pop is easy to follow with some nice character designs. It's everything else about the comic that's garbage.

The last panel of the Goodbye to Halos page actually hurts my eyes; the character details bleed into each other. Is it representative of the comic in general?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Flesh Forge posted:

Maybe I am not a very sophisticated perceiver of the arts but this hurts me to look at, for a few reasons but the biggest one being it is ugly as gently caress:

The last panel looks like someone is standing behind the character putting them in a weird elbow headlock, wtf

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Falstaff posted:

Monster Pop is easy to follow with some nice character designs. It's everything else about the comic that's garbage.

I think it is the coloring that makes me feel like that. I am not a fan of monster pop art in the slightest, it feels like I am reading a comic made for blobs. :moonrio:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

You don't have to believe me but I actually tried to pick a page that looked GOOD.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I think this is some sort of action scene but tbh I have no idea really

GHOST KNIVES !!!??!?!!?!?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
What the hell is wrong with her face?? That last panel is Goblins level of incompetence in conveying action.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I am not at all familiar with Goodbye to Halo but if I had to choose I'd take amateurishly incomprehensible over competently bland.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Sep 30, 2017

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Falstaff posted:

The last panel of the Goodbye to Halos page actually hurts my eyes; the character details bleed into each other. Is it representative of the comic in general?

It is. GtH is one of the most badly composed comics I've ever seen. Many webcomics are bad, but Halos' art is so hosed that it's often difficult just to tell where a character's head is located.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Flesh Forge posted:

I think this is some sort of action scene but tbh I have no idea really

GHOST KNIVES !!!??!?!!?!?

*teleports behind you and draws ghost knife*

Heh, it's nothing personal, kid...

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Joe Slowboat posted:

Cassandra Nova would gently caress this setting UP
I hope she does honestly

E: they're not going to do this, but given Patrick's powers he could reasonably have copies of every personality he ever read deeply in his mind. All their memories and mental habits. In that case his entire internal world could be a microcosm of the world he wants to build, a systolic mindscape created by his own basically authoritarian tendencies. But they're not doing anything that cool.

I missed this, it's a great idea for a thing this comic is much too up it's own rear end to do.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
e; OOPS WRONG THREAD

wow this comic sure is a thing, huh?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mazerunner posted:

e; OOPS WRONG THREAD

wow this comic sure is a thing, huh?

Did someone photoshop Marcille from dungeon mesh onto the doll from bloodborne?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
It's going to be hilarious if that is female psychic dude and this whole plotline just ends with the revelation that he was trans the whole time and nothing else.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Paladinus posted:

What the hell is wrong with her face?? That last panel is Goblins level of incompetence in conveying action.

The face is the worst but let's not forget the hands that look like elephant feet.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

super sweet best pal posted:

The face is the worst but let's not forget the hands that look like elephant feet.

It's a world where everyone was born without knuckles.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

goodbye to halos is extraordinarily poor, and clevin is an extremely powerful sexlord and should be considered as an equal to the most effective lovers of our age

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I mean, it's undeniable that GtH has colors. They're used poorly and assault the senses, but they do exist.

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
i have colours in an unexpected place, like the iridescent interior of an oyster shell

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Yes, but in that instance it's not the colours that assault the senses.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i was disgusted to find earlier that when given certain words as feedstock, my phone's predicative text will assume i want to type "longdog clevin" as the next two words

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
That doesn't sound wholesome.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I want inside Clevin. Sorry, my phone completed that phrase.

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
clevin is a good day 😊

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i was disgusted to find earlier that when given certain words as feedstock, my phone's predicative text will assume i want to type "longdog clevin" as the next two words

Your phone is starting to predict your clevin.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
The thought does occur to me that, given Clevin's endless round blandness, "unwholesome" would still probably be an improvement all in all.

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
update and yes that's definitely a patricia

i'm so glad they've decided to tackle this subject, and have full confidence in their ability to handle it sensitively and with grace

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

I thought it might be interesting if Allison didn't have any powers in Patrick's mind and had to deal with not having physically unstoppability to fall back on. Guess not.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Galvanik posted:

I thought it might be interesting if Allison didn't have any powers in Patrick's mind and had to deal with not having physically unstoppability to fall back on. Guess not.

What you really think this ding dong is going to reinforce the entire theme of the story of not being able to punch away all your problems

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Calaveron posted:

What you really think this ding dong is going to reinforce the entire theme of the story of not being able to punch away all your problems

Yeah, this comic is very good at disappointing. I thought the only interesting way for this would be her to not have powers, but nope. Too interesting.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Oh man, that is totally fem Patrick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The problem with this comic could be solved with punching its author in the face (don't actually do that).do what you must

• Locked thread