Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo

The Repo Man posted:

Piranha is up for pre-order, if 145 kph 12 machine gun lights are your jam.

https://mwomercs.com/piranha

:negative:

GOD drat IT. Now i have to give PGI money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

"Imagine if we made a Locust but taller, and it didn't benefit volume-wise from being a box with legs!"

On the other hand, 20-ton Clan battlemech. Unless they make it the size of a Firestarter it'll be good, and should handily outperform the Locust and Commando in the ultra-light robit bracket.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Oct 3, 2017

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
The mech might have decent gun geometry if the in game model matches the art. The upper arms are very short, meaning that the in game gimp pose will have the arm mounted weapons sitting fairly high. If the side torso guns slot from high to low, those are also at a decent height, and that CT gun is almost as high up as it can go. Peeking builds might be doable, if that's your thing.

I'm just going to shoot robutts with my all of the machine guns.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
The Piranha will be a beast if released with the current machinegun mechanics in place, no matter the geometry. It could be a square box, it would still be good. I hope it counts towards the loyalty bonus this year because this one is in the bag. If you like machineguns, light mechs or just plain overpowered mechs you need to buy it. Also, it's cheap.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

If you're gonna buy it, skip the reinforcement pack. The PIR-A has 4 AMS mounts but lacks the tonnage to use them all, and PIR-B is a worse version of the Hero.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Skippy McPants posted:

The PIR-A has 4 AMS mounts but lacks the tonnage to use them all

What if you mount an XL100 or something? You don't need to go 145 kph to play the AMS bitch for your deathball, if that's what you want to do.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

NihilCredo posted:

What if you mount an XL100 or something? You don't need to go 145 kph to play the AMS bitch for your deathball, if that's what you want to do.

I mean, the KFX-C has 3 AMS and is available for C-bills. You'd need a pretty big hardon for AMS to pay $10 for the pleasure of bringing one more into a match.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Skippy McPants posted:

I mean, the KFX-C has 3 AMS and is available for C-bills. You'd need a pretty big hardon for AMS to pay $10 for the pleasure of bringing one more into a match.

Oh I'm not arguing for the purchase in the slightest, just saying that the (gimmick) build ought to be possible that way.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

NihilCredo posted:

You net a half ton per engine heatsink you force to be shoved into your critspace.

Even with clan endo/ferro, there's gonna be a limit of convenience.

For people thinking of buying: the loyalty rewards page claims the deadline for everything is "November 14th 2017 at 10:00 AM PST (6:00 PM UTC)."

You have about six weeks to decide if you want to pull the trigger give :pgi: :10bux: or :20bux:

TheParadigm fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Oct 3, 2017

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
I noticed yesterday that they have finally fixed the encoding problems with MWO. Not sure if PGI changed something or if it is on the Twitch side but previously it was impossible to see anything because all the names, percentages et.c. were a blurry mess.
Compare these 2 pictures:

It's actually possible to follow the game now, the commentators are also really good, it's pretty cool. I would not suggest watching a live stream though because there is much downtime. https://www.twitch.tv/piranhagames/videos/all

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Maybe my favorite thing about the Piranha is that it finally opens up a Assult/Heavy/Heavy/Light as an option for Clan dropdecks.

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

Skippy McPants posted:

Maybe my favorite thing about the Piranha is that it finally opens up a Assult/Heavy/Heavy/Light as an option for Clan dropdecks.

You can already do that.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Piranhas and kodiaks.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

johntherussian posted:

You can already do that.

Ehh, technically, but you can't do 90/65/65 which is what you really want because that means a MCII and EBJs or HBRs.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Cool, you'll now have the ability to sit in a foreverqueue with even more optimization?

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

Skippy McPants posted:

Ehh, technically, but you can't do 90/65/65 which is what you really want because that means a MCII and EBJs or HBRs.

I wouldn't take a MCII either way cause its slow and often a priority target. I run 2 GAR/HBR/HBR/ACH setups which do very well.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Does anyone know if these mechs count toward the clan reward: https://mwomercs.com/clan-heroes-two ?
It says specifically " or a combination of any 6 Wave 1, Wave 2, IIC Clan Hero 'Mechs, Hero Add-ons, or Reinforcement Add-ons." it doesn't mention the Clan Heroes II but it would be weird if they didn't count.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Those count, yes. Those are the "wave 2" that they're talking about. They did "wave 1" as heros from the huge initial clan pack, then "wave 2" was heros for the 8 mechs (and Mad Dog) that came later as the 2nd and 3rd clan packs.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
PGI added a "frustration bonus" to the current event.

quote:

Mode Challenge Frustration Compensation
Anyone who obtained more than 5 Victories in any FP mode will receive an additional 100 MC and 2 Million C-BIlls
This is compensation for the Mode Challenge Section of the event and is exempt from the Tournament supporter pack double reward

Great event guys, don't think I've heard anyone participate in it since the rewards were so bad for what you had to endure. Also, why is WoL clan? Shameful.

Edit: Mechtoberfest starts this weekend
Day 1 - Complete 5 QP matches with over 150 matchscore. 12500 GXP + 500k cbills

Day 2 - 2000 damage in QP. cockpit item: flash bang grenade. 500k Cbills

Day 3 - score 1 headshot kill in qp. cockpit item: atlas head, 500k cbills

Day 4 - destroy 25 components in qp. cockpit item: urbanmech warhorn. 500k cbills

Day 5 - 5 kills in qp. cockpit item: black radio warhorn. 500k cbills.

Day 6 - 3 victories in qp. 2million cbills, 200MC

TjyvTompa fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Oct 6, 2017

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

TjyvTompa posted:

Also, why is WoL clan? Shameful.

It's extremely UnZell! Although I guess sorta understandable the second anyone looks at the faction play map. Faction play events used to be pretty good back when we could get a majority goon faction drop on the reg. Dropping with pubs is just prolonged suffering once the first pub wave fails miserably.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Axetrain posted:

It's extremely UnZell! Although I guess sorta understandable the second anyone looks at the faction play map. Faction play events used to be pretty good back when we could get a majority goon faction drop on the reg. Dropping with pubs is just prolonged suffering once the first pub wave fails miserably.

The problem is that people joined WoL because it is the IS group, GIRL is the Clan group. I know that when we did the tour we went clan for a bit to get the free mechbays but after the change of the rewards this is not useful any more. There is no point in putting WoL as a clan outfit for a short while, I assume it was picked because the c-bill bonus was the largest at the time.

WoL has enough money in the coffers, and several space rich members, to make it possible for people to leave the group and then get re-invited if they feel they want to go clan for a short while.

LIAO FOREVER!

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
I bought a Gargoyle. It's actually pretty fun.

That's my hot take for the day. Thanks for listening.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

It's cool team don't attempt to engage the enemy or even move or shoot or anything like that, I got this fam. #JustHellbringerthings. Real talk though this might be my favorite mech in the game right now it's got it all, even ECM and a 30% cbill bonus, just perfect. As long as we are going to be clan I guess I should make a drop deck for them. Something like Marauder IIC/EBJ/HBR/Myst lynx should be pretty ace right?

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

if you have 3 hellbringers, you can bring those and have 45 tons left over.(shadowcat?) If your third mech's a lynx, you get 20 tons to play with.

If you have the loyalty summoners you can go Summoner, Summoner, HB + 1 35 ton or less of your choice.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I was playing with a friend today and just realized that his king crab is a loyalty crab, and i do not have one. Is it just "play during this interval" or something? We usually play together, so it's weird he has a loyalty mech i don't.

Fumblemouse
Mar 21, 2013

STANDARD
DEVIANT
Grimey Drawer

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I was playing with a friend today and just realized that his king crab is a loyalty crab, and i do not have one. Is it just "play during this interval" or something? We usually play together, so it's weird he has a loyalty mech i don't.

I think that was gifted for purchasing a resistance pack in 2014, not just for having played.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Hmm, i don't think he did.
He's also a legendary founder, so they're probably just included in that.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
The king crab was the "any top tier pack" reward back when, so yeah, legendary founder, top end phoenix pack or a big first wave clan pack.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Been a while since I have dropped CW (or at all) but HBR/HBR/SCR/SCR is a nasty loving dropdec, would probably replace the SCRs with NVAs today though, most likely the 8er ml build and the twin er PPC build. Also had a lot of success with WHK/HBR/HBR/light on defense, the WHK Prime and C are both very nasty on some of the colder and more open maps like Boreal and Portico. When the clans are at 240 weight the light has to be a Mist Lynx and your plan is to hope you don't need to use it (I personally used the MLX-C with ECM, one ER ML and one ER LL, it's not good but at least it means you don't have to be up close in a MLX in CW). When the clans are at 250 I personally brought an Adder, with its quirks it's easy to rack up an additional 1000 damage since nobody pays attention to you and most of the maps are so open. You can bring a Jenner or ACH or whatever your preference is though.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Fil5000 posted:

The king crab was the "any top tier pack" reward back when, so yeah, legendary founder, top end phoenix pack or a big first wave clan pack.

If I remember right, the Urbanmech pack was included too.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

I *think* that the King Crab reward was pre-Urbanmech. I think.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Fil5000 posted:

I *think* that the King Crab reward was pre-Urbanmech. I think.

BattleTech posted:

If I remember right, the Urbanmech pack was included too.

You're both right! The loyalty King Crab is from the first year's loyalty reward program, which predates the Urbanmech. However, PGI later did a second chance promotion for the first year, which did include Urbanmech top-tier buyers.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Hooray! What did we win?

Edit: One for the old timers - my boss just said "communication is key" while on a conference call and I nearly did a spit take with my coffee.

Fil5000 fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Oct 9, 2017

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Fil5000 posted:

Edit: One for the old timers - my boss just said "communication is key" while on a conference call and I nearly did a spit take with my coffee.

drat, I miss that guy. :v:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

The Repo Man posted:

Piranha is up for pre-order, if 145 kph 12 machine gun lights are your jam.

https://mwomercs.com/piranha

gently caress I THOUGHT I WAS DONE

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Fil5000 posted:

One for the old timers - my boss just said "communication is key" while on a conference call and I nearly did a spit take with my coffee.

I told my boss that i credit online competitive gaming for my ability to herd idiots to all push in the same direction.

This was because he asked "What is the least 'normal ' place you've learned a lesson about leadership, and what was it? " I told him 'communication is key '

Anyone hiring production quality engineering managers?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

I told my boss that i credit online competitive gaming for my ability to herd idiots to all push in the same direction.

This was because he asked "What is the least 'normal ' place you've learned a lesson about leadership, and what was it? " I told him 'communication is key '

You should also add "I won a robot competetion so hard that they never did ran it again".

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Don't forget to add your champion dragon creds to that res... and that you :toxx: to it like a champ.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

armchairyoda posted:

Don't forget to add your champion dragon creds to that res... and that you :toxx: to it like a champ.

That's if they ask about mechatronics experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

ZenVulgarity posted:

gently caress I THOUGHT I WAS DONE

I know, right?

• Locked thread