Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

white sauce posted:

Has this been posted?

bornonthetide posted:

Don’t you find it odd that the shooter had no motivation? Have you seen the born identity super soldier concept? They basically program shooters to act when given a command.

this sounds like something a teenager would write.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

"yeh maybe this old white guy didnt go postal, he was a manchurian candidate programmed by the chinese to discredit old white people" - r/thedonald probably

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

I did a thing posted:

kids these days don't know their grammar

quote:

Don’t you find it odd that the shooter had no motivation? Have you seen the born identity super soldier concept? (((They))) basically program shooters to act when given a command.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Donkwich posted:

im demo-commie trash
muslims

them: "we need to ban all muslims to prevent the terrors"
me :"you are more likely to die in a car accident or slipping in the shower than be killed by a muslim"
them: "loving lying liberal sympathizer"

guns:
me: "how bout we do something bout these guns?"
them: "if you really cared about saving lies, you'd take away cars."

literally a gun is more of a person. that sure is a well-adjusted mentality lmao

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Unperson_47 posted:

muslims

them: "we need to ban all muslims to prevent the terrors"
me :"you are more likely to die in a car accident or slipping in the shower than be killed by a muslim"
them: "loving lying liberal sympathizer"

guns:
me: "how bout we do something bout these guns?"
them: "if you really cared about saving lies, you'd take away cars."

literally a gun is more of a person. that sure is a well-adjusted mentality lmao

TBF there are no well-adjusted mentalities in the US

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

punchymcpunch posted:

"yeh maybe this old white guy didnt go postal, he was a manchurian candidate programmed by the chinese to discredit old white people" - r/thedonald probably

alex jones yesterday actually.

he also said it was timed to deliberately coincide with the anniversary of the Bolshevik revolution and OJ's release from jail to ensure that media outlets would be in vegas to cover the story.

and something about November there is going to be some kind of revolution. :tinfoil:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

I did a thing posted:

the_donald

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

white sauce posted:

This is why I fully embrace the teachings of beautiful insane person Azealia Banks.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Noted piss drinker shows up for Tories

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/915166894096830470

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

FactsAreUseless posted:

This is why I fully embrace the teachings of beautiful insane person Azealia Banks.

Azealia Banks posted:

I think white men all need to be locked away in a psych ward… Considering the atrocities committed by white men ON THE WORLD

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/914810896236589057
https://twitter.com/Peston/status/914807423805923330

bing bong

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Good morning after 8 years of being put on Oxycodone to attend highschool I am now fully weened off of it.

Nice job! Also

quote:

fully weened

lol

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
gonna jest keep calling all of it terrorism because then you'd actually have to address it because thats how people respond these days

shifting the definition is exactly how they leave the issue alone and make people succumb to the idea of "isolated incidents and lone wolves" as if it's some freak occurrence when its so intermittent and regular that the idea of an isolated incident is a loving oxymoron because they all have the same patterns with how firearms are obtained jesus fuckign christ you loving insane moneygrubbing arsewipes

it impacts families and communities constantly, it needs to go into a broad umbrella of terrorism so people's lizard brains respond to action because post 9/11, the buzzwords makes it

terrorism = it bad, go get em :911:

lone wolf = it cant be helped, thots n prayer

im done with gunchat.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

gradenko_2000 posted:

I was watching a bunch of "bump-fire" videos last night, and apparently you can get those even for semi-automatic pistols - it's goofy to have a pistol with a stock long enough to brace against your shoulder to produce the blowback effect, but apparently it exists.

And then a couple of months back there was this NowThis video showing off a special glove that makes your trigger-finger twitch often enough to shoot a gun in rapid-fire.

I guess my point is that I wonder if drawing the semi-automatic distinction is even worth it.

There still is a significant difference in pulling a trigger as fast as you can like the glove which I've never heard of and an automatic weapon. The difference is several hundred rounds per minute.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

UK Prime Minister Theresa May has defended her refusal to discipline or sack her foreign secretary, Boris Johnson, over his recent disloyalty, insisting it was a sign of her strength that she was not surrounded by “yes men”.

cuck

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Good morning after 8 years of being put on Oxycodone to attend highschool I am now fully weened off of it.

It took you 8 years to graduate high school? Jeesh

Seriously tho that's awesome man, grats

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The guy from Top Gear?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
i offer my fats and poops

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Lastgirl posted:

gonna jest keep calling all of it terrorism because then you'd actually have to address it because thats how people respond these days

shifting the definition is exactly how they leave the issue alone and make people succumb to the idea of "isolated incidents and lone wolves" as if it's some freak occurrence when its so intermittent and regular that the idea of an isolated incident is a loving oxymoron because they all have the same patterns with how firearms are obtained jesus fuckign christ you loving insane moneygrubbing arsewipes

it impacts families and communities constantly, it needs to go into a broad umbrella of terrorism so people's lizard brains respond to action because post 9/11, the buzzwords makes it

The bad part is, that your definition of terrorism is so broad almost every crime is terrorism. Under your definition simply threatening to punch someone is terrorism

Lol weren't you excited to counterprotest Richard Spencer. Under your definition of terrorism you'd get locked up and so would many other left activists

The only one shifting any definition again is you by broadening what terrorism is

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Lastgirl was Lastterrorist all along

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/RepSteveIsrael/status/914988003428327424

extremely heartening to see the GOP fighting against white supremacist gun control like this

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Phi230 posted:

There still is a significant difference in pulling a trigger as fast as you can like the glove which I've never heard of and an automatic weapon. The difference is several hundred rounds per minute.

It's this thing, called the AutoGlove

https://youtu.be/DPWuyP5AwTk

I don't dispute that there's a difference in literal rates of fire.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
In a 5-4 decision...

https://twitter.com/jackiefell/status/915177892132376576

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Serf posted:

how about the "gun control started as a way to disarm and lock up black people and will continue to do so in all forms under white supremacy" take

luv when ppl defend gun rights against any ounce of encroachment but completely change their tune when talking about black ppl

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/915179824012042241

not the tweet I was expecting

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

gradenko_2000 posted:

It's this thing, called the AutoGlove

https://youtu.be/DPWuyP5AwTk

I don't dispute that there's a difference in literal rates of fire.

People are dumb lol looking for loopholes around the ban

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Phi230 posted:

The bad part is, that your definition of terrorism is so broad almost every crime is terrorism. Under your definition simply threatening to punch someone is terrorism

Lol weren't you excited to counterprotest Richard Spencer. Under your definition of terrorism you'd get locked up and so would many other left activists

The only one shifting any definition again is you by broadening what terrorism is

considering richard spencer would be in jail first for organizing a loving klan tiki torch rally while yelling about blood and soil, yeah, i'm fine with people getting locked up for counterprotesting people who are already in jail

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

Sinners Sandwich posted:

son of a bitch all I had back then was a few packs of marlboros and I got grounded for those!

gj tho

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

I thought for a second there that James May was running for something

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

why won't young people vote for us? :confused:

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

did the country give him two scoops of ice cream this morning or something

what did you all do i just woke up

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.
isn't the whole automatic/semi-automatic thing really a made up distinction in any case? everyone i know who shoots calls a gun with automatic action an "automatic". if someone tells me they have an automatic pistol, my first thought isn't that it's some kind of rapid-fire machine pistol

it just seems like the kind of thing both sides use to muddy the waters.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

redneck nazgul posted:

considering richard spencer would be in jail first for organizing a loving klan tiki torch rally while yelling about blood and soil, yeah, i'm fine with people getting locked up for counterprotesting people who are already in jail

Love to give the state the ability to disappear whomever they want whenever they want

Serf
May 5, 2011

alnilam posted:

luv when ppl defend gun rights against any ounce of encroachment but completely change their tune when talking about black ppl

blow people's minds by telling them about ronald reagan's assault weapons ban

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

if it was anyone else I'd say he had learned that just posting empty patriotic rhetoric was a great way to get the media calling him presidential and to get the heat off of him

but it's Donald tromp so lol can't wait to see the unhinged tweets later

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

GOD BLESS AMERICA
GOD drat AMERICA

augias
Apr 7, 2009

white sauce posted:

Take it from the foreigner living here you are all absolutely insane

Serf
May 5, 2011

anything beyond a single-action is unnecessary unless you are literally fighting a war

then again, loving charles whitman

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Lastgirl posted:

im done with gunchat.

this is really dangerous bc the patriot act etc means you basically have no rights if accused of "terrorism"

the loosening definition of terrorism since 9/11 has always been one of my biggest concerns (of many) about the patriot act, people increasingly basically refer to any large violent crime they don't like as terrorism and if doing so becomes hypernormalized then it seriously erodes our already ailing civil rights

The criticism that people only call things terrorism when it's brown people is spot on though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Anyone have tots for breakfast? I kinda want some now

• Locked thread