Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Urthor
Jul 28, 2014

Did someone make a goon pick em leaderboard already or should I go right ahead?

Feels like this year just doesn't count because Group D is a fucker but might be nice to have one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Group A feels hard to predict because both C9 and EDG are historically comically unreliable at worlds. EDG has come in hyped only to do nothing so many times, and C9 has come out of the gate strong day one only to instantly fall apart two years in a row. Never forget the powerful 3-0 week one followed by 0-4 (they lost a tiebreaker) week two.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Urthor posted:

Did someone make a goon pick em leaderboard already or should I go right ahead?

Feels like this year just doesn't count because Group D is a fucker but might be nice to have one

There ya go. Also more people need to :getin:

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

mistaya posted:

There ya go. Also more people need to :getin:

I'm trying but it won't let me make picks. I'm logged in but whenever I hit the "join" or "create" buttons, it flashes on the login page for a second then returns me to the group page. If I click on the 'My Picks" tab it will endlessly loop through the login screen though. Top quality.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Are you logging on to the correct region ?

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Savage Cracker posted:

Are you logging on to the correct region ?

Yeah. I've logged in and out several times, cleared cookies, changed browsers, etc.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Hmm well that was my issue. Then I guess the answer is :riot:

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Savage Cracker posted:

Hmm well that was my issue. Then I guess the answer is :riot:

Yeah, opened a ticket yesterday, crickets so far.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
LS:

https://clips.twitch.tv/GlutenFreeAlertFishPunchTrees

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
"cut the western poo poo" he says on a server where players in high elo run it down mid at 12 minutes because they all play from pc bangs and want the games they're losing over with quicker

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
pc bungs

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I need PC for my Banghole

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
hey alexa, define unlovable

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
They redid the entire All-Stars event to just be another regular tournament with no fun game modes and also the 1v1 tournament has been shrunk down to 2 players per region and only features the top 8 regions from worlds

It's also just at the NA LCS studios

what are you doing riot

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

RealFoxy posted:

They redid the entire All-Stars event to just be another regular tournament with no fun game modes and also the 1v1 tournament has been shrunk down to 2 players per region and only features the top 8 regions from worlds

It's also just at the NA LCS studios

what are you doing riot

Well you see they want the All Star event to be an actual competition everyone wants to win and not a goofy fun weekend of sick playz and everyone showing off and generally putting on a show for the crowd.

Because a bunch of other sports decided to put actual stakes on the All-Star Game for some loving reason and sap the fun out of it so why shouldn't Riot do the same.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Riot made NA LCS Bo1 to make it more entertaining then made All-Stars a tournament to make it less entertaining

Meanwhile H2K is still threatening to pull out of EU LCS and possibly League because of how poorly managed the EU LCS is

riot water you doing

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
That rules, but also, where would h2k even go? Riot kinda has a monopoly on this thing.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Reality Winner posted:

That rules, but also, where would h2k even go? Riot kinda has a monopoly on this thing.
I think they had originally wanted to go to NA with Franchising but Riot denied them. fwiw so did Misfits and FNatic but they've mellowed on that since the apparent leaked split of EU into four regions.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

RealFoxy posted:

I think they had originally wanted to go to NA with Franchising but Riot denied them. fwiw so did Misfits and FNatic but they've mellowed on that since the apparent leaked split of EU into four regions.

there was an interview on thescore with one of the owners and he claimed they didn't apply. h2k seems real frustrated that they're willing to be the only org in eu that points out how riot is failing the eulcs and no one else is backing them.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I'm so torn on bo1s. Bo3s are way better from a competitive standpoint but I guess that means I can actually watch more teams because I don't have time to chew through more than one or two Bo3s on a normal weekend

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Dragongem posted:

I'm so torn on bo1s. Bo3s are way better from a competitive standpoint but I guess that means I can actually watch more teams because I don't have time to chew through more than one or two Bo3s on a normal weekend

Yeah, that's kind of where I'm at. I generally prefer the Bo3 format for watching a specific team play but I definitely find myself watching way fewer team's games with that format. With the change to franchising and (presumably) more revenue streams for teams via merchandise sales I can see the point in making it easier to watch all of the games in a week.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Bo1s were better for just turning the stream on and chilling all day but who cares dude I'm not a little baby and I'm not watching baby best of ones for casuals.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

It's not like anyone wanted to watch dig v vulcan any more in a best of one you'd just tab out for 45 minutes instead of turning the stream off for two hours.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i think the real thing we're all missing here is why is nobody investigating keanes new job at riot making decisions about lcs

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

there was an interview on thescore with one of the owners and he claimed they didn't apply. h2k seems real frustrated that they're willing to be the only org in eu that points out how riot is failing the eulcs and no one else is backing them.

I find it more entertaining that of the 4 EU orgs (3 of which are US owned, the other has a ton of US funding) H2K is the only one that didn't make worlds after managing to pull off the amazing double of choking in playoffs AND the regional qualifier.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

h2k spend a lot of money without getting the results/fanbase that fnatic/g2 get (and UoL just don't spend money) so of course they'd be frustrated, they're more or less the biggest loser of EU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Radical posted:

h2k spend a lot of money without getting the results/fanbase that fnatic/g2 get (and UoL just don't spend money) so of course they'd be frustrated, they're more or less the biggest loser of EU

Their 2016 iteration was a lot more fun.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
this year the two choices of available pre worlds content are a 6 hour video of a white nationalist chatting to guys i've never heard of, or listening to the na casters talking about how all of their teams are making it out of groups. its cool

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Lovechop posted:

this year the two choices of available pre worlds content are a 6 hour video of a white nationalist chatting to guys i've never heard of, or listening to the na casters talking about how all of their teams are making it out of groups. its cool

Looks like somebody needs to make some content featuring rabid (only talks about Chinese teams), keven (pro wrestler, only talks about tsm), libertine (hasn't watched or played league in a year), myself (complete idiot, only talks about lck), and you (nice fellow).

im old rick bitch
Oct 19, 2004

How does it feel?
just to let everyone know, im stanning for longzhu and tsm, because pray is my bf, and because RealFoxy hates tsm.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Sexpansion posted:

Looks like somebody needs to make some content featuring rabid (only talks about Chinese teams), keven (pro wrestler, only talks about tsm), libertine (hasn't watched or played league in a year), myself (complete idiot, only talks about lck), and you (nice fellow).

i've actually been faxing printouts of this thread to the espn offices for years but they are still refusing to publish us

im old rick bitch
Oct 19, 2004

How does it feel?

Lovechop posted:

i've actually been faxing printouts of this thread to the espn offices for years but they are still refusing to publish us

hosed up if true

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

mirrorquiz posted:

just to let everyone know, im stanning for longzhu and tsm, because pray is my bf, and because RealFoxy hates tsm.
I don't hate TSM I hate america

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

mirrorquiz posted:

hosed up if true

joke's on you, keven is actually an ESPN anchor now, they said they loved his ability to just rant off-topic about anything for 24 hours a day and hired him immediately to fill at least that much airtime per day

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Lovechop posted:

no no no you need to send them to thoorin you see because he is always willing to give a leg up to a potential new fascist foot soldier

er I meant go SKT sorry

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Sexpansion posted:

These descriptions are hilarious. I'd tune into your Skype sessions.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

@keven

http://weibo.com/tv/v/FoPFUBcTQ?fid=1034:13c6df7877dfed3cb3a0e3dba3a61445

Pro click, please watch

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Disgusting.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Roman Reigns will challenge Faker to a 1v1 and win, Faker will lift Roman's arm and say that Roman is indeed the big dog and Summoner's Rift is his yard now. bow wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

RealFoxy posted:

Roman Reigns will challenge Faker to a 1v1 and win, Faker will lift Roman's arm and say that Roman is indeed the big dog and Summoner's Rift is his yard now. bow wow.

roman reigns would be a g2 fan.