Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao The Marksman already has back problems. Sorry you got drafted by the Bulls, big fella.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EMC posted:

https://streamable.com/ojqn5

I took a look at Baynes in the shower and he looks like all of Australia

Lmao I cracked up at this earlier

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Cool Buff Man posted:

Lmao I cracked up at this earlier

"Thick, healthy cock on this guy."

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Brolander posted:

"Thick, healthy cock on this guy."

Nothing's more important

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

can't believe the size of that guy's van diemen

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/gwashburnglobe/status/915041191053406208

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Kyrie becoming the Steve Carlton of basketball is amazing.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Wasn't he voted into the ASG by popularity with fans?

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
Didn't watch the Lakers for a year, is, uh...Julius Randle good now

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

tatankatonk posted:

He was decent against certain teams last year, problem was (and probably is) he doesn't shoot consistently enough or play defense regularly enough to be out there against everyone.

Although the Lakers scoring is so dire this year that they may have no choice.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

tatankatonk posted:

Kind of, he has a pretty good mid-range shot now, but he still seems to have issues with paying attention on defense (though he is very good when he is locked in) and still has a habit of driving into a crowd, but he is better at finishing in crowds

In conclusion, Randle is a land of contrasts

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
It's also pre-season.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Randle's problem is he doesn't know the plays or doesn't care, but this just makes his teammates look bad when he blows up a play, not him.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

I kinda want Kyrie to be an inefficient chucker and the Celtics to fall the to 7th seed. I'll settle for LeBron dunking his soul into the river Lethe on opening night

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no
Steven Adams is a treasure

Only registered members can see post attachments!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
My new theory is that Kyrie only played selfishly in Cleveland because the Cult of Lebron was stifling his personality and he saw iso-ball as his opportunity to lash out. The Celtics will let him play up his faux-intellectual persona in exchange for selfless friendball, making him a perfect cog in Brad's system.

Then they lose to the Cavs in 6 in the ECF anyway because spiteful Lebron is still an unstoppable force

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

It's weird becase I hate listening to Tommy but I also love listening to Tommy. Just one of life's mysteries, I guess.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

RaySmuckles posted:

i don't see a problem using the term "we"

everyone knows what it means and pedantry is lame

some restrictions do apply

Yea im not typing out The Dallas Mavericks every time I mention my team. No one who says "we" actually think theyre suiting up and I dont get why people smugly try to take issue with it

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
If it was just for conciseness there wouldn't have been a moment in time when I switched from calling the Knicks "they" to "we". But I'm far past that now.

And I'm saying anyone who says "we" lacks conviction. On June 20th 2016 I started tellin' everyone I won the NBA Championship with my close personal friend LeBron James. When they leap in joy in front of the TV and say we did it we're going to the playoffs I smile and say no. No "we"'re not going anywhere. I'm going to the playoffs.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

dokmo posted:

Randle's problem is he doesn't know the plays or doesn't care, but this just makes his teammates look bad when he blows up a play, not him.

I dunno, Walton said they aren't running much in the way of formal plays at the moment so that sort of makes knowing the plays hard.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I was looking at some of the box scores from tonight and had to laugh when I saw Psycho T is on a Chinese team. He apparently played 43 minutes.

edit: meanwhile Cuban continues to do more for Puerto Rico than our dumb POTUS.
https://twitter.com/mcuban/status/915008076310368257

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Oct 3, 2017

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Pau Gasol apparently played 41 minutes and scored 0 points. That seems like a super great omen.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Bashez posted:

Pau Gasol apparently played 41 minutes and scored 0 points. That seems like a super great omen.

he didn't.

more like 14. its a typo or something

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

R.D. Mangles posted:

can't believe the size of that guy's van diemen

Hmmm I don't think Baynes has a map of Tassie actually.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

RaySmuckles posted:

he didn't.

more like 14. its a typo or something

That's a Bashez joke.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
The Clubland Cobblers win be a Winners Team

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Embiid has been spotted running around the city in the middle of the night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcdgAcSSigw

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I watched the highlights of Utah beating up on an Australian team and one thing I noticed was that if you threw it anywhere near the backboard Gobert would reach up his Go-Go Gadget arms and finish that oop, so I'm looking forward to Ricky getting a billion assists.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Lmfao

https://twitter.com/GirthAlgar/status/915194003544518656

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Who paid for that?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Why you gotta do my boy Noah like that?

Oh, probably because of the contract

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Hahaha I hope the Knicks are bad forever just so we keep getting poo poo like this.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
lovely FS1 marketing ploy.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Boosh! posted:

lovely FS1 marketing ploy.

My laughter says otherwise, ESPN

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
We haven't been this excited in many years.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah I hear Beasley's using as much as 11 percent of his brain.

A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"

Chairchucker posted:

I watched the highlights of Utah beating up on an Australian team and one thing I noticed was that if you threw it anywhere near the backboard Gobert would reach up his Go-Go Gadget arms and finish that oop, so I'm looking forward to Ricky getting a billion assists.

I'm just glad Utah played their starters against an Australian team! When big soccer clubs play one of our lowly teams they sit all the stars. I hope Joe Ingles has a decent year and Dante Exum develops more.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
[quote="“Cool Buff Man”" post="“477010844”"]
Lmfao

https://twitter.com/GirthAlgar/status/915194003544518656
[/quote]

FORMIDABLE

you hear that, Boston?

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
They scared now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Rick posted:

I dunno, Walton said they aren't running much in the way of formal plays at the moment so that sort of makes knowing the plays hard.

Son of noted Grateful Dead fan Bill- check.

• Locked thread