Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

poty posted:

- Australia is really loving far away
- Beer is cheap but heavy and expensive to ship
- There's nothing special about their beer it's mostly the same as everywhere else

Hope this helps

Actually you'll find if you watched my review that Cooper's Sparkling Ale is loving delicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sebīs gearbox escaped damage after Stroll crashed into him.

It will fail.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

DoctorGonzo posted:

i like LEWIS now, he should drive for Scuderia Ferrari

Why? He wants to win world championships.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

I was at a bar in Shanghai that inexplicably had a whole bunch of small American beers on tap.

I hope you got everything BUT the stuff you'd get at home anyway.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
*is American tourist*

*flies into the heart of Tokyo*

*puts on stetson*

"Dang, honey, come 'ere and lookit these chinamen sure are tiny creatures!! Now lets go get some cheeseburgers'n'dat'dar'fries!"

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

*is American tourist*

*puts on stetson*

"Dang, honey, come 'ere and lookit these chinamen sure are tiny creatures!! Now lets go get some cheeseburgers'n'dat'dar'fries!"

Pls don't doxx me.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

DoctorGonzo posted:

Sebīs gearbox escaped damage after Stroll crashed into him.

It will fail.

The Vettelreich will reign again! :getin:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Theophany posted:

The Vettelreich will reign again! :getin:

Until his gearbox shits out from a fail synchro that incurred a minute stress fracture that was caused by Stroll.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

*is American tourist*

*puts on stetson*

Literally my boss (except for the redneck stuff, but he did desperately want a cheeseburger). I actively avoided anything remotely Western. We went to a brewery but it was local.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

He tried to get us to go to a TGI Friday's.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

1500quidporsche posted:

I've long sad that they need to pull back aero even if that means losing as much as 10 seconds a lap. There's no relevance to the complicated aero poo poo we see in F1 anywhere outside of it. I'd rather they spend that cash developing insane suspension systems or weird split turbo poo poo like on the Merc where it has real world application.

Yeah, it gets to be a bit much. Give them a front wing and back wing of fixed dimensions, and mandate either "smooth" bodies or somehow keep any minor aero devices integrated and innocuous. No winglets sticking out random places, no tabs, fins, whatever. And maybe even use that split rear wing "downforce generator" thing that wouldn't completely ruin following another car.

aequalis posted:

The Stroll sounds like a mouth breathing autist on team radio.

Yeah, I've noticed this. He sounds like an 80's movie nerd stereotype.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

Pls don't doxx me.

Go review some Tsingtao.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

Go review some Tsingtao.

https://youtu.be/mWq_bUSwFhk

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

wicka posted:

I've never seen an Australian beer in the US other than Foster's, it's very strange.

I’m so sorry.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Go review some Tsingtao.

Coors Light in the Orient

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Sean Gelael is an Indonesian F2 driver who recently took part in FP1 for Toro Rosso at Malaysia. Interesting fact about him:

quote:

Sean Gelael's father Ricardo runs the Kentucky Fried Chicken franchise for Indonesia.[14]

He's not just sponsored by KFC but you might say that his entire racing career and existence is owed to battery farms and high pressure frying.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

learnincurve posted:

I’m so sorry.

You can get one of those 25oz Foster's cans at Indy for like $7, I'm not complaining. Put a turkey leg in my other hand and it doesn't matter what the beer tastes like.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

drat you work fast

wicka posted:

Coors Light in the Orient

I remember liking it when I had one months ago.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Phwooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar another 5 Star review by resident Worst Thread Poster, 1500quid :golfclap:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Wirth1000 posted:

Sean Gelael is an Indonesian F2 driver who recently took part in FP1 for Toro Rosso at Malaysia. Interesting fact about him:

He's not just sponsored by KFC but you might say that his entire racing career and existence is owed to battery farms and high pressure frying.

I love KFC so by extension Sean Galael is the new Theophany's Star of the FutureTM. Previous holders of this title have included F1 points-scorer and podium-finisher Lance Stroll and double F1 Grand Prix winner and world champion troll Max Verstappen.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Wirth1000 posted:

*is American tourist*

*puts on stetson*

Piled high

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

1500quidporsche posted:

Actually you'll find if you watched my review that Cooper's Sparkling Ale is loving delicious.

Coopers is all about their magic yeast. Some times it does get really good, fruity, like say how weihenstephaner gets banana-ry; the coopers yeast can do good stuff if the temp is right and it's stressed just so...
I home brew with it and unfortunately have not been able to replicate the perfect fruity coopers brew (neither can they most of the time), it's a special week when you get one like that. The other downside is the yeast does not play well with hops, which is probably why they haven't jumped onto the hop bandwagon. Most of my experiments have not improved on the basic minimal hops, with malt and the yeast flavour forefront.

E: wait, oh poo poo I fell into the aussie trap where someone mentions beer and we all get stuck in.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Oct 3, 2017

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I used a homebrew Cooper's kit and it turned out like poo poo but it was my first time and I was using my pop's wine making equipment so idk. I got really poor carbonation.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYY8puCLkLY

I have that same lamp, 1500quid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0ZF-SRx1_M

Jesus gently caress - the 2018 kart season is gonna be spicy

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Oct 3, 2017

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

lmao, ryo haryanto testing in formula e rn

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

1500quidporsche posted:

I used a homebrew Cooper's kit and it turned out like poo poo but it was my first time and I was using my pop's wine making equipment so idk. I got really poor carbonation.

Nah, you can't use the kit yeast. It's terrible but just supplied because it's guaranteed to work (sort off, with off flavours).
When I say coopers yeast, I mean I saved the dregs from 10 stubbies, and added cooled boiled malt extract and fermented those dregs until they were big and strong enough to do a full fermenters worth of my beer/wort. Giving me the real commercial coopers beer yeast flavour. E: The kit yeast is not the dried version of the stuff coopers use in their beers.
But like I said, doesn't play well with hops, so use us05 if you want to give a homebrew kit another try.

The yeast that comes with the kits is terrible. It has a bad flavour, you can smell it in a boil and you can smell and taste it in a bread (yeah I tried it). I used the kit yeast in a moonshine wash though, works OK but a little slow but you need 6 packs of it.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Oct 3, 2017

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/132177/haas-seeks-compensation-for-drain-crash-damage

Haas? more like rear end!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Fo3 posted:

Nah, you can't use the kit yeast. It's terrible but just supplied because it's guaranteed to work (sort off, with off flavours).
When I say coopers yeast, I mean I saved the dregs from 10 stubbies, and added cooled boiled malt extract and fermented those dregs until they were big and strong enough to do a full fermenters worth of my beer/wort. Giving me the real commercial coopers beer yeast flavour. E: The kit yeast is not the dried version of the stuff coopers use in their beers.
But like I said, doesn't play well with hops, so use us05 if you want to give a homebrew kit another try.

The yeast that comes with the kits is terrible. It has a bad flavour, you can smell it in a boil and you can smell and taste it in a bread (yeah I tried it). I used the kit yeast in a moonshine wash though, works OK but a little slow but you need 6 packs of it.

Ya I really want to get to the point where I can just feel comfortable throwing some poo poo in there and making a batch. This first attempt was pretty bad and I've still gotta kill like 8 or so 1 liter bottles too.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Sind Gunther is doing the right thing.

I can't stand Lewis, but he was right in the drivers' briefing. Haas shouldn't have to pay.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Theophany posted:

I love KFC so by extension Sean Galael is the new Theophany's Star of the FutureTM. Previous holders of this title have included F1 points-scorer and podium-finisher Lance Stroll and double F1 Grand Prix winner and world champion troll Max Verstappen.

You might want to look as his results before committing to that.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Just watch - Honda is going to be competitive next year and Ron Dennis is going to die because of a brain aneurysm a result. And McLaren will look stupid.

http://en.f1i.com/news/281445-honda-success-make-mclaren-look-silly-brown.html#.WdM3lQbE7LQ.twitter

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Wirth1000 posted:

Jagonya Ayam bitches!

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

wicka posted:

I've never seen an Australian beer in the US other than Foster's, it's very strange.

da gently caress is fosters

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I have been told it is Australian for 'Beer'

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Dubs posted:

da gently caress is fosters

The Oil Can.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I've seen Coopers at a Total Wine here, that's it.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
1500quid, please review President's Choice beer, thank you.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

1500quid, please review President's Choice beer, thank you.

https://youtu.be/HjWv39thgkg

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

drat, you work fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO1GEYNTVDg

Looks like they accidentally included a picture of MSC in his current state at the end there.

• Locked thread