Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Jerry Cotton posted:

If all those festival-goers had had guns, there'd be a lot more corpses in the hotel right now.

I'm thinking a country music festival in Nevada probably had an awful lot of Good Guys With Guns around. I kinda wonder if we're going to find that a few of the corpses have bullets in them from guns other than the main shooter's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Trig Discipline posted:

I'm thinking a country music festival in Nevada probably had an awful lot of Good Guys With Guns around. I kinda wonder if we're going to find that a few of the corpses have bullets in them from guns other than the main shooter's.

How many cases have there been of legal carriers going nuts on a crowd because of a panic?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

It snowed a bit today. Clearly as bad as people dying.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

How many cases have there been of legal carriers going nuts on a crowd because of a panic?

No idea, but given how stupid panicky crowds become it seems inevitable.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Hrrrmmm....

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

The Clinton machine is just a rube-Goldberg machine that's an endless series of balls being dropped.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

It was a packed crowd of 22,000 people in a city block. There's no accuracy involved in that.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
An automatic weapons fired into a packed crowd killing dozens of people? Inconceivable! Soros must be behind it! :tinfoil:

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Yeah it's almost like shooting hundreds of people has gotten too easy somehow.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Waterbed Wendy posted:

The Clinton machine is just a rube-Goldberg machine that's an endless series of balls being dropped.

it's actually the new name of the Lolita Express

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Hummm an untrained sad sack can just up and kill 59 ppl and injure over 500 from 32 floors up? Something is not right with that. What could have possibly enabled such a thing?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Trig Discipline posted:

Yeah it's almost like shooting hundreds of people has gotten too easy somehow.

Um, its the opposite. Wouldn't have happened if the audience had a rocket launcher.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:hai:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

TotalLossBrain posted:

Hummm an untrained sad sack can just up and kill 59 ppl and injure over 500 from 32 floors up? Something is not right with that. What could have possibly enabled such a thing?

Apparently his house was full of explosives as well. We're honestly lucky he chose guns and not a bomb.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"False flag planted to stir up public sentiment"

...Against ... nondescript retired white people who leave no manifesto or suicide note or family and set the country to speculating fruitlessly about the many possible motives.

Jesus these soros schemes are as inept as they are omnipotent

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
It's a false flag because the democRATS are trying to take are guns!!!!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

TotalLossBrain posted:

The scary part is how easy it is, and how most of the people who do this poo poo gently caress it up to the degree where the casualties are "only" a dozen or two.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
I almost like the idea of a failed left-wing mastermind desperately trying to stage a gun massacre so horrific your nation will actually do something about it. They put in the call for the crisis actors, get all the fake blood and bodies and the media scripts ready to go and no matter what it never works.

"What if it's kids? Didn't work, ok. What if it's an obvious hate crime? No? What about uh, what about like 600 people for no reason? gently caress, I don't know, Jerry, do you have a better idea?"

But it's just the same pointless, preventable violence over and over again, forever.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Is Alexa social media? Audio is :nws:

https://twitter.com/internetofshit/status/915044482990563330

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
I think we can all agree that this tragedy could have been mitigated if the concert-goers had access to pinpoint accuracy satellite laser cannons

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Fantastic Flyer posted:

I think we can all agree that this tragedy could have been mitigated if the concert-goers had access to pinpoint accuracy satellite laser cannons

I don't think we need to blow Alexa up, TBH

Tequila25
May 12, 2001
Ask me about tapioca.
We need an Awesome People on Social Media post today.

NPR accidentally posted this: https://www.facebook.com/NPR/posts/10156143781801756

The comments are the best.

Tequila25 has a new favorite as of 04:58 on Oct 3, 2017

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

Waterbed Wendy posted:

This is good and should not be ignored.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Tequila25 posted:

We need an Awesome People on Social Media post today.

NPR accidentally posted this: https://www.facebook.com/NPR/posts/10156143781801756

The comments are the best.

they really are :3:

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah someone on my facebook just reminded me of this awesome game.

https://www.thoughtsandprayersthegame.com/

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

loving :laffo:

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
A response to someone posting that one Onion article that gets posted after every mass shooting:

Ah yes, cigarettes and alcohol, well-known as tools for instantly killing hundreds of people in a matter of seconds

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

I feel like I'm having a stroke scrolling through this hashtag, there's like nobody correcting any of the 16,000 people who spelled control without an r?

Knackered
Jul 29, 2006

Trig Discipline posted:

Oh yeah someone on my facebook just reminded me of this awesome game.

https://www.thoughtsandprayersthegame.com/

Hahahaha, holy poo poo, that is brilliant.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

God, this is just too true. I saw this switch in some of my own Facebook connections.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Never before have I wished for Sith powers so that I could reach through my computer and strangle someone.

https://imgur.com/Xd3cI7B

Context: The Charlottesville City Council has decided to rename 4th St. after Heather Heyer. For inexplicable reasons, some people in the Charlottesville area are responding to this news with 'angry' on Facebook. When I asked why, this genius responded with Youtube videos ("ha ha! Heather is so fat and gross, amirite, guys?").

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

jivjov posted:

God, this is just too true. I saw this switch in some of my own Facebook connections.

Laura Loomer, she of the slashed tire Twitter thing, is all in on the Jet Fuel:

https://twitter.com/LauraLoomer/status/914978409729728513

https://twitter.com/LauraLoomer/status/915074266818924544

https://twitter.com/LauraLoomer/status/915014480056242178

https://twitter.com/LauraLoomer/status/914985378515488768

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
In a fun and not at all surprising twist, my anti-vax flat earth cousin-in-law also believes that the Vegas shooting was a hoax! He's deleted the post that actually used the word "hoax", but this one is still up:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Can these guys name a thing in history that actually happened and wasn't a false flag or government hoax

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

zoux posted:

Can these guys name a thing in history that actually happened and wasn't a false flag or government hoax

Yeah, all the things that were done by brown people. It's real when they're scary brown people.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Glagha posted:

Yeah, all the things that were done by brown people. It's real when they're scary brown people.

With the unique exception of 9/11, which was done by robots to trick Americans into thinking that Muslims were terrorists, which it ends up they actually are. Or something.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
It will be absolutely beautiful if the new generation of Ben Garrison harassment comes from furries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

I think Kennedy had more problems with the FBI dog.