Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

My favorite Knicks ad was a on a bus stop that said "why go to a bar and pick up 6s and 7s when you can watch Kidd drop dimes"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Get hype Celtics fans
https://streamable.com/ojqn5

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
How long is it going to take Lakers fans to turn on Lonzo if he isn't great this year

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

morestuff posted:

How long is it going to take Lakers fans to turn on Lonzo if he isn't great this year

4 games

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/tatenoayako/status/915207989300101120

A Celtics fan probably would want this as an avatar.

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
i like this nuggets team and i hope they can get an 8th seed

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Lauren Powell Jobs makes large investment in Ted Leonsis' network.

Save us.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Drunk Canuck posted:

https://twitter.com/tatenoayako/status/915207989300101120

A Celtics fan probably would want this as an avatar.

I sorta prefer

edit: HAHAHA

https://twitter.com/tatenoayako/status/913324112033988608

Lockback fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Oct 3, 2017

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

morestuff posted:

I mean, I already hate him

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The ESPN headline was "Ball impresses in debut" or something and his line was like 8/3/4

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jim Pete didn't sound too impressed when I had the game on as background noise and I trust him way more than ESPN.

Also I'm gonna pimp the Fantasy Basketball Thread one more time for people that are interested in playing - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3835539

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/915261966184304640

Sigh. I wish I could quit this team.

I really wish I could

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Dexo posted:

I really wish I could

Just give in and learn how to love the deer

Go bucks :toot:

ElPedro
Apr 22, 2008
Well the Bulls lineup is ahead on amount of bones at least.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Jack Del Huevos posted:

i like this nuggets team and i hope they can get an 8th seed

The bottom seed in the west is gonna come down to the last day of the season again and it's gonna be great.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Dexo posted:

I really wish I could

Who the gently caress is going to score on this team

e: Joke answer; everyone.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Paul Zuvella posted:

The ESPN headline was "Ball impresses in debut" or something and his line was like 8/3/4

8/3/4 on 50% shooting in 20 minutes is pretty good. He was alright on Tuesday too. So far between summer league and the first couple pre-season games he looks like a pretty solid rookie.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Carlosologist posted:

hmm yes it seems good to pull a 16 year old out of school into social isolation just to do basketball

A modern Marinovich situation is brewing here

Most top NBA prospects attend 80 student christian prep schools that only exist for sports and are only around other basketball players. It's why most of them are #unclutch #weirdo #babies

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Lockback posted:

8/3/4 on 50% shooting in 20 minutes is pretty good. He was alright on Tuesday too. So far between summer league and the first couple pre-season games he looks like a pretty solid rookie.

I know, but there is an insane amount of dumbass Lakers fans who thought he would somehow single-handedly drag this team to the playoffs

Like, the only consolation about how bad the Lakers look is that their best player (Lopez) has yet to play a game. Oh wait, no the other thing, where our best player has a history of injuries and has yet to play a game.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Millions of people wear athletic jerseys yet are not employed by any professional sporting team. A jersey is a signifier of a love for some team and some player from some segment of time. It's been said that people who wear sports branded clothing aren't really fans, but graphic design groupies.
In my orpinion it goes deeper than that. They've paid for an object that helps them retain a golden memory with friends and family when the local men came together and did something wonderful. To put a random unrelated business's logo on that shirt is very callous. Europeans have been subject to it forever, and it hasn't seemed to dent the protice of wearing soccer sweaters and mittens. There's something about it that touches me as deeply wrong.
We can forget the fact that the reasons given for jersey ads are simply lies, the kind of quarterly report financial bumping that don't lead to any more revenue in the long term.

I don't like it, Stan Van Gundy and Tom Gores, Matt Millen and the Ford Family, and every other guy you can name have taken away my innocent home team love, and I feel like jersey ads will do the same for other people. It's not as fun to just enjoy the sport instead of having a group of men to live and die with. It's why I've become much more passionate about boxing, there's no chance of a man trading himself.
We enjoy sport but are subjected to league pass jerseys and cartel decided regional team broadcasts, so lots of us are stuck with a lovely owner and and a mediocre team, unless we want to abandon career and family to live homeless under the aegis of an effective ownership and management group, is that cyberpunk?

EvanTH posted:

If it was just for conciseness there wouldn't have been a moment in time when I switched from calling the Knicks "they" to "we". But I'm far past that now.

And I'm saying anyone who says "we" lacks conviction. On June 20th 2016 I started tellin' everyone I won the NBA Championship with my close personal friend LeBron James. When they leap in joy in front of the TV and say we did it we're going to the playoffs I smile and say no. No "we"'re not going anywhere. I'm going to the playoffs.

:)

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

The Glumslinger posted:

I know, but there is an insane amount of dumbass Lakers fans who thought he would somehow single-handedly drag this team to the playoffs

Like, the only consolation about how bad the Lakers look is that their best player (Lopez) has yet to play a game. Oh wait, no the other thing, where our best player has a history of injuries and has yet to play a game.

People were lined up around a block for a Lavar and Lonzo shirt signing, and they had to buy the shirts. There is a huge Ball hype truck-tractor.

I saw 1/3 of the preseason game and Lonzo still looks like he's going to have a hard time making those off the dribble threes against length and speed. He seems immature and snotty which is not that different than a lot of pampered young players.

His lack of athleticism and shooting could doom him, but he is a really intelligent and graceful passer. He had perfect chemistry with Kyle Kuzma (WHO I SAID WAS GOOD BEFORE THE DRAFT IF ANY NBA SCOUTS ARE READING THIS)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I have the same expression as Westbrook

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

"So what do you do for fun after games?"
"Well there's a Chili's that's open after 11..."

Also Melo's expression is my daily face I miss him

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

"So look, Imma just gonna need you to stand in the corner, if you get a pass you get a pass if not, then you don't."

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Dejan Bimble posted:

I saw 1/3 of the preseason game and Lonzo still looks like he's going to have a hard time making those off the dribble threes against length and speed. He seems immature and snotty which is not that different than a lot of pampered young players.

His lack of athleticism and shooting could doom him, but he is a really intelligent and graceful passer. He had perfect chemistry with Kyle Kuzma (WHO I SAID WAS GOOD BEFORE THE DRAFT IF ANY NBA SCOUTS ARE READING THIS)

Lonzo's taken 8 3s in 2 games, and honestly they all have been pretty clean looks. He's definitely bothered by the speed of the game at this level, but almost all rookies are. Honestly, I think he's been passing up good opportunities for floaters or pull-ups looking for the pass. So far how he creates his offense hasn't really been a bother for him, he just is in that Rubio zone of keeping his usage low because he is taking too long to think "shot".

I think he'll have trouble staying in front of starting PGs, but his instincts on passing lanes and stripping players in transition already looks good, so defensively I think he'll be fine. He needs to learn more creative ways to finish and put together a couple mid-range moves, otherwise he'll be a PG who you can't rely on to score, which is awkward in 2017.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

lol Metapod's new av is calling

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/LakersOutsiders/status/915065578771013633

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I thought magic got skinny

Zoux that hoodie melo shot is spectacular

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Carlosologist posted:

"So what do you do for fun after games?"
"Well there's a Chili's that's open after 11..."

Also Melo's expression is my daily face I miss him

I will not stand by while you steal the exact line from the meme that photo has turned into and pass it off as your own work!!!!!!!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

euphronius posted:

I thought magic got skinny

Zoux that hoodie melo shot is spectacular

Why cut off the sleeves but leave the hood?????

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Jota posted:

I will not stand by while you steal the exact line from the meme that photo has turned into and pass it off as your own work!!!!!!!

I know it's from a meme! But I couldn't find the tweet to share it in the thread

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Anyway, if you're ever watching some fantasy or scifi stuff and there's characters wearing hoods everywhere and you think "look, no one would go around hooded 24/7 irl" well I have a contre example

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/utahjazz/status/914561021926293504

This owns

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah it's too bad that website is almost unreadable .

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/HowardBeck/status/915290395273256961

lol, but good

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
eastern all-stars getting flashbacks of being picked last for pick-up all of a sudden

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Details

quote:

The players who win the fan vote from each conference will be the captains.

There will still be 12 players selected from each conference for the game in Los Angeles on Feb. 18. Five players from each conference will be selected as starters with fan vote being worth 50 percent, player vote worth 25 percent and media vote 25 percent. Seven reserves for each team will be picked by each conference's head coaches.

The new system will enable players from each conference to play against each other and allows current teammates to face off. Depending on the makeup of the teams, it is possible players voted in as starters may not actually start the game.

Last season, LeBron James led fan voting in the East and Stephen Curry had the honor in the West. All-Star voting will begin on Christmas Day.

Look forward to Zhou Qi captaining one of the teams.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Give me Russ as captain passing on KD for 11 rounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
does is mean no more east and west for selecting the players to go to the game or no more east and west once they are already there?

E:nvm, answered

• Locked thread