Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

Josh Lyman posted:

Cherry Browns are the One True mechanical switch and any other is turbo garbage

I actually just got a new work keyboard because I had cherry reds and wanted browns. feels good man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
So I guess everyone is just forgetting about MX Clears then? Must be for Browns to be considered the best.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

SpartanIV posted:

So I guess everyone is just forgetting about MX Clears then? Must be for Browns to be considered the best.
Nope. Clears are the best. I don't even use my keyboards w/Browns anymore.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Aren't Clears just Browns with higher actuation force? Seems like it could be bad for you

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Josh Lyman posted:

Aren't Clears just Browns with higher actuation force? Seems like it could be bad for you

Yeah, bad for my wallet

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
Clears are overrated. They're the Pepsi of cherry switches.

When you're just trying it out as a sample, it seems better, but under repeated normal use, it's too much.

bookkeeper
Jul 14, 2010

it means "the kapital"

At home I have a keyboard with Blues that I like quite a lot.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
Clear seems like the quiet blue, so thats what I'd go for.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Josh Lyman posted:

Cherry Browns are the One True mechanical switch and any other is turbo garbage

Weird way to spell buckling spring.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Jerry Cotton posted:

Weird way to spell buckling spring.
I actually bought an OG IBM Model M a few years ago and tried really hard to make it my primary keyboard, but the lack of Windows keys and media controls, specifically volume control, forced me to sell it after a couple weeks.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I love greens which are basically blues with a higher force, but it seems like their run was extremely limited and you can't get them now without spending an insane amount. I think my next will be a Bluetooth hhkb2, since I was a big fan of the hhkb when I had one

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I bought one of those cat face massagers off of Amazon, since the older of my cats is an absolute FIEND for face rubs, and I thought, okay, let's take this poo poo to the next level

Well.

What I got was a face massager for humans on which someone attempted a little decal-based bamboozling:

long story short he wants no part of the massager

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Glottis posted:

I buy way too much pointless poo poo to post here, but I recently got this "mechanical keyboard" for $20 because it seems like exactly the sort of snob subculture I'd be in to and the $20 barrier of entry was in impulse buy zone

Unfortunately it's loud as gently caress and I just think I'm cut out for very low-travel, laptop-style keyboards. My current favorite keyboard is a wireless HP keyboard, of all brands.

Would these help? Tiptiper 110pcs Rubber O-Ring Switch Dampeners White For Cherry MX

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Interesting idea, seems like they help.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Josh Lyman posted:

I actually bought an OG IBM Model M a few years ago and tried really hard to make it my primary keyboard, but the lack of Windows keys and media controls, specifically volume control, forced me to sell it after a couple weeks.

If you liked typing on it, look into a Unicomp: http://www.pckeyboard.com

I literally type for a living (chat support agent) and having a Model M style has been amazing for my hands.

Also, luckily, I work from home, so the noise isn't a problem. :v:

rawrr
Jul 28, 2007
My favourite keyboard is the washable one that Logitech discontinued. Makes it easier to clean off cheeto dust.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Aside from whatever junk keyboards they have in the office at work that came with the computers, I haven't touched a non-laptop keyboard in almost a decade. Fortunately this and my last both have SteelSeries keyboards which are really nice, especially for laptop keyboards.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Holy poo poo it's hard to believe people are this opinionated about keyboards

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Pastry of the Year posted:

long story short he wants no part of anything having to do with anything

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

khysanth posted:

Hey man it's a third of your life, spend the money

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

khysanth posted:

The monitor, keyboard, and mouse are the only means to interact with your computer. They're even more important than whether you get the latest CPU and video card.

FormatAmerica posted:

Hey man it's a third of your life, spend the money
Just lol if you only spend 1/3 of your life in front of a computer. Closer to 2/3, methinks.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
Some semiprecious birthstone polyhedral dice and one point seven five liters of tequila for MY NERD GIRLFRIEND's birthday:

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

I know we aren't supposed to shop shame but this is testing my will power.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

H110Hawk posted:

Yea how dare someone buy tequila!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

His decision-making process is based entirely around the presence of calories and/or a warm lap.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

H110Hawk posted:

There's certainly better tequila out there, but she likes this stuff, which is the only test it has to pass.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
Once you try Don Julio you'll never go back.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sexual Lorax posted:

Some semiprecious birthstone polyhedral dice and one point seven five liters of tequila for MY NERD GIRLFRIEND's birthday:

Her real boyfriend probably got her better gifts

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

PCOS Bill posted:

Her real boyfriend probably got her better gifts

I assume there's real gifts involved too, or else this guy isn't going to last too long.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

At least it's not Jose Cuervo. I did a flight at a Mexican restaurant that started with Jose Cuervo Silver and it tasted like it came from the bottom shelf.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Sexual Lorax posted:

There's certainly better tequila out there, but she likes this stuff, which is the only test it has to pass.

For the money give Herradura Aņejo a try. It's amazing. My wife's favorite tequila. Don Julio is also quite good and similar price.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Liquor shopping is fun

The best tequila in the world:

Some cachaca, not like there's a lot of options:

The third-best scotch in the world:

Also I bought an expensive sweatshirt and some benadryl + steroids to fix this idiot's mistakes:

You'd think someone who eats 8+ flies a day could recognize that a bee is not a fly. All he sees are sky raisins.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
My most self-loathed schadenfreude comes from dogs eating bees.

It's so sad and I hate that the little pups get hurt but they always look so doofy afterwards it slays me. You ate a bee, stupid!

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

He wasn't in any pain, he just thought it was a special adventure to the vet and then to sleep on my feet at the office all day instead of at home. The best part was him trying to pick up treats off the ground without lips that worked - he kept launching this milkbone in the air and chasing it around barking, like it was trying to evade him.

He is stupid and adorable though, that's for sure.

rawrr
Jul 28, 2007
I had no idea corgis could get any cuter

bookkeeper
Jul 14, 2010

it means "the kapital"

Doggo ate a spicy fly.

Also please don't shop shame the sexual lorax.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

black.lion posted:

I went to look this up to see how it compared to Macallan and I can't find the Laphroaig 18 year anywhere on their website, weird. I love Macallan 25.. mmm

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

I like Macallan but it's not quite the ashes-and-cream taste that I look for - Laphroaig 10 is my usual just bc price, but the 18 is superb i highly sugjest

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

black.lion posted:

Liquor shopping is fun

The best tequila in the world:

Some cachaca, not like there's a lot of options:

Also I bought an expensive sweatshirt and some benadryl + steroids to fix this idiot's mistakes:

You'd think someone who eats 8+ flies a day could recognize that a bee is not a fly. All he sees are sky raisins.

You are a man of fine tastes and a good puppy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

black.lion posted:

I like Macallan but it's not quite the ashes-and-cream taste that I look for - Laphroaig 10 is my usual just bc price, but the 18 is superb i highly sugjest

How does it compare, taste-wise, with Lagavulin?