Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

wormil posted:

Far as I can tell, not being there and only using the internet, Tom Petty is in fact still alive. It's utterly ridiculous but not surprising that news media can't be trusted to report whether someone is alive or dead. Also, the people who misreported Tom Petty's death are also telling you that Discovery is a great show.

Hmm, just missed your window on that one buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
:(

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

wormil posted:

Far as I can tell, not being there and only using the internet, Tom Petty is in fact still alive. It's utterly ridiculous but not surprising that news media can't be trusted to report whether someone is alive or dead. Also, the people who misreported Tom Petty's death are also telling you that Discovery is a great show.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Deleted? Not seeing them

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

:five:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rocksicles posted:

Deleted? Not seeing them

whether this is a joke or not I giggled crazy hard so thanks for that

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Escobarbarian posted:

Went looking, was going to call him a oval office.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The Gifted is surprisingly not terrible. Doesn't really hurt either that they somehow nabbed both Amy Acker and Sean Teale. :swoon:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Amy Acker is back on TV?

I do love me some Amy Acker, my pc is called Winifred, and my laptop is Minifred :worship:

imnotinsane
Jul 19, 2006
Has anyone been watching Get Shorty? I wasn't sure about it at the start but I'm really enjoying it.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

wormil posted:

I remember when Powers Boothe did this to me

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

:drat:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Why no Bob's thread? loving rude.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
so make one!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I'd gene it up, I'm afraid.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone else reading this watch Queen Sugar and if so can you plz let me rant to you about what an overly prideful douchebag Ralph Angel is

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Escobarbarian posted:

We're honestly so far through the looking glass I can't blame anyone for thinking anything is real anymore no matter how insane.

Rocksicles posted:

Amy Acker is back on TV?

I do love me some Amy Acker, my pc is called Winifred, and my laptop is Minifred :worship:

Just lol if your PC isn't called Gibson.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
So I watched STD episode 3. It's a really good Star Trek show. I like it and anyone who doesn't is a dumb.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Croatoan posted:

So I watched STD episode 3. It's a really good Star Trek show. I like it and anyone who doesn't is a dumb.

Yeah episode 3 felt like it should have been the pilot. Keeping her backstory somewhat mysterious for a time, rather than having what amounted to a flashy tv movie about it, would have worked better imo.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So how was Gifted

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

[quote="“Milo and POTUS”" post="“477009286”"]
Why no Bob’s thread? loving rude.
[/quote]

If there was one I'd probably say that while I thought some of the fan art styles were cool and interesting, ultimately it was a distraction and didn't suit the episode.

Was there one with everyone styled after their actors? I was expecting one but don't recall seeing one.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

Does anyone else reading this watch Queen Sugar and if so can you plz let me rant to you about what an overly prideful douchebag Ralph Angel is

I watch it, but I'm behind.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I'd love to see someone comparing Queen of Sugar to Snowfall for best retro drug coming up show to watch (I think that's what they are about, don't know much about them).

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

MiddleOne posted:

The Gifted is surprisingly not terrible. Doesn't really hurt either that they somehow nabbed both Amy Acker and Sean Teale. :swoon:

That's Amy Acker? I kept thinking it was Judy Greer's doppelganger. At least now I can stop trying to think about where I recognize her from.

And I can go back to marveling that Vampire Bill is yet again not using his real accent for Reasons.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I think Gifted is mediocre bordering on bad but on the other hand blonde amy acker

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I got poo poo on for fanboying Amy Acker in Person of Interest a few years back.

I like this incarnation of TV IV better.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Nobody should ever be looked down on for loving Amy Acker imho

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

It's the only reason I'm giving the show a chance. I'm burned out on superheroes.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Josh Lyman posted:

fanboying Amy Acker

What a weirdo

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just kind of have a knee jerk hostility to all Whedon nostalgia or fanboying these days. Like... its been a decade or two. Lets all move on.

Plus he turned out to be a creep, right? Which really shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone from his shows.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

STAC Goat posted:

Plus he turned out to be a creep, right?

He was always a creep, and it amazes me it took so long for some people to figure it out.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

I just kind of have a knee jerk hostility to all Whedon nostalgia or fanboying these days. Like... its been a decade or two. Lets all move on.

Plus he turned out to be a creep, right? Which really shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone from his shows.
I feel the same way about Whedon, but we weren't taking about him? :confused:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

STAC Goat posted:

Who gives a poo poo and why are you bringing this up?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I never liked Whedon and Firefly is terrible

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Whedon't do this, please.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I like Whedon but his style is dated af and I don't get the praise he continued to be showered with post-Angel.

Firefly was good but not groundbreaking. To be honest of his post Buffy/Angel stuff ... I liked Dollhouse more.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gifted got a 1.5, better than Lucifer got in the same slot last year.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Josh Lyman posted:

I feel the same way about Whedon, but we weren't taking about him? :confused:

Like I said, knee jerk reaction to any Whedon associated fanboying like the Amy Acker stuff. Key on "knee jerk." I know its my problem.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Good, keep it to yourself. It's extremely obnoxious and always shits up the conversation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

IMO the internet discourse about Whedon is 100x worse than anything Whedon has ever done on the screen.

• Locked thread