Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

https://hexy-shop.com/shop/sci-fi-miniatures/prusack-scourge-mortar/ for that tank. Bonus points achieved (the real one's just gone up for pre-order)

Hitech are getting in on the act too:

I get why some of these companies make alternative versions of figures with a slightly different aesthetic (or with tits in some cases) but I dunno why these guys are almost literally just ripping off GW's latest releases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
because they can charge a significant amount less than gw does for something thats good enough, while still making a decent profit off each sale. pretty simple really

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
I dunno, 3rd party stuff isn't that much cheaper, especially with God-drat Hitech. For example, I've been looking for cheap Guardsmen, and I don't think I can do that cheaper than my FLGS' offer.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
My experience with Hitech is only one model I won in a grab bag or raffle, but the quality of resin and cast was really bad versus other stuff out there.

The greenstuff version is kinda a lovely way to promote a product because often it does not look anything like that when it comes out of the production line.

I bought an Avatar or War three headed hellhound to use as karanak a while back because the greenstuff pick was so cool. The detail on the model was bearly noticable and the pieces did not fit together. It was a learning experience.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
It pays to be instantly suspicious if a company will only show greenstuff/3d render pictures of the model. If they're not confident enough to show the finished product then they ain't worth your time tbh.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Randomly ran into this dashing rainbow warrior on GIS.

Which led me to his friend the "dreadbowl player"...

and this "topless orc assassin"

Who ultimately introduced me to these fine ladies...

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Those look like perfectly fine Dwarf Cheerleaders.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
In 50,000 years archaeologists will assume that the sculptor was basing it on his own body from the perspective of looking down through his moobs.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Not that far off from those "mother" statues of ancient cultures

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Yeah that's the joke I was making.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Oh.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Is the last one meant to holding two pies, continuing the culinary theme, or just grabbing her boobs because the sculptor reverted to type?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Ugleb posted:

Is the last one meant to holding two pies, continuing the culinary theme, or just grabbing her boobs because the sculptor reverted to type?

It looks to me like she's holding her boobs and trying to lick one?

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
She's got a hungry look. I'm going with pies.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Not the right place... :shrug:

E: not mine.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

hey I'm poopin in here

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
So I just ended up with a few old-school plastic Chaos Dwarfs, and I feel like trad games could use more ridiculous contests for fabulous prizes. Anyone interested in some sort of "weird miniature" board contest with the goal of getting more bizarre stuff painted and shown off? We've got some talented folks, and I feel like it might be a fun time.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I'd paint weird crap if someone sent it to me pro bono :v:

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

JcDent posted:

I'd paint weird crap if someone sent it to me pro bono :v:

PM me your address.

Edit: genuine released models only, not weird crap I have built myself. Still poo poo, though.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I'm always happy to receive surprise packages in Thailand.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Yeah PM me. I'll send stuff to the first three or so people to ask. It's largely not Games Workshop stuff btw - weird old 3rd party metal casts for the main part.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Sent.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Manuel Calavera posted:

Those look like perfectly fine Dwarf Cheerleaders.

Except they are supposed to be the team.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
"It came from...CHHHHIIIIIInnnna"

I've seen some good recasts, but this one is easily the best bad-cast.

It supposed to be a Salamander Recon Tank I think. Its like looking at that tank through a mirror, darkly.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Another satisfied Z customer.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

TTerrible posted:

Another satisfied Z customer.

"But the cow-catcher on the front is in great shape. With a coat of paint, I don't think it will be noticeable as a recast. 9/10"

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I have tried recasts before and they were generally OK. But the smell is terrible, the shipping time is glacial, and both have enough miniatures and need to support my FLGS, so I stopped.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

JcDent posted:

I have tried recasts before and they were generally OK. But the smell is terrible, the shipping time is glacial, and both have enough miniatures and need to support my FLGS, so I stopped.

They're not all like that :ssh:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Oh, I know, I just didn't run into that before dumping the idea.

Jesus Christ, the smell

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Yeah, some of them use horrendously cheap and nasty resin that is full of awful chemicals. They're probably legit dangerous to health just being handled. :gonk:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
If I was going to muck about with recasts I'd probably just do them myself

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Casting bits and pieces for yourself is great fun. Someone at my hackspace built a vacuum chamber out of an old paint pot and its absolutely perfect for just casting up random weapons and stuff.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

TTerrible posted:

Casting bits and pieces for yourself is great fun. Someone at my hackspace built a vacuum chamber out of an old paint pot and its absolutely perfect for just casting up random weapons and stuff.

That way if it's hosed up it's just your own fault

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
It's fun, but it's time consuming, expensive, and a real pain in the rear end when it comes to complex molds. Lots of the Chinacast products suck because they aren't waiting for the resin to properly set up, and are pulling from the molds too early. That's why you get wobbly and saggy parts that don't fit together properly. It also doesn't help that the original FW parts often have problems that are just exacerbated in the copies. I know of exactly one guy who takes the time to fix the FW issues, and he regularly complains about how much time it takes him.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Crazy Ferret posted:

It supposed to be a Salamander Recon Tank I think. Its like looking at that tank through a mirror, darkly.

I'm not entirely sure this is a recast and not just forgeworld.

Back when I did 40k I got some loving atrocious casts.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Crazy Ferret posted:

It looks like it was put in a microwave.

JcDent posted:

Oh, I know, I just didn't run into that before dumping the idea.

Jesus Christ, the smell

It's a great way to make your apartment smell like gasoline, I tell you what.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SRM posted:

It's a great way to make your apartment smell like gasoline, I tell you what.
I prefer the smell of sweet Lady Propane

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Z casts are so lovely I would rather sell an organ and buy legit FW because they take x5 times as much work to fix and clean

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I sell legiones astartes and legiones astartes accessories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

You, ugh, don't need to fix FW issues. You take a lot of picture of any stuff you don't like, and chances are, you'll get replacements sent, which sometimes means getting the same kit twice.

I swear, QA at FW is done by a blind Irish crone and her creepy three legged dog.