Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Chin posted:

Who are you referring to when you say "us"?

There are only thread posters and Derek has added more hilarity to this and the last thread than you ever have with your kindergarten grade invective.

If you actually think you're in some cool kids clique well that's just hilariously stupid.

Lol okay man

Keep on sucking up to derek smart, idiot warlord I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer
I guess it's cool that he only called some people nazis for making fun of his game

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Percelus posted:

blocking/ignoring someone that isn't spamming gold selling ads is basically admitting defeat imo

I've got everyone on ignore but I read their posts anyway

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Variable 5 posted:

Lol okay man

So who's "us" then? Avoiding an embarrassing question?

I've never sucked up to derek, I'm not in any discord, to me he's just another poster in the thread. He makes an rear end of himself sometimes but I think he handles himself well for a boomer on the internet in 2017. Anyone who gets legitimately upset with him is being silly or is desperate to create drama because CIG isn't providing much entertainment.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Bazar Citizen
Set up shop and become a tycoon in this wacky simulator.
Learn harsh retail lessons starting when you install the game and find the installer doesn't exist and never will

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Variable 5 posted:

Lol okay man

pull up

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Her navel is all time musky... Bt look at her face... Her face makes my ROD wakes

Variable 5 posted:

Lol okay man

His meltdowns are entertaining at least.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Chin posted:

So who's "us" then? Avoiding an embarrassing question?

He called everyone that made fun of his lovely control scheme nazis. He is a person that uses "nazi" as an insult for people he doesn't like.

And he is incredibly entertaining when he gets riled up.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

Bazar Citizen
Set up shop and become a tycoon in this wacky simulator.
Learn harsh retail lessons starting when you install the game and find the installer doesn't exist and never will

No haggling dlc?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Star Citizen: The Mobius Meltdown

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Oct 3, 2017

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

Beet Wagon posted:

Star Citizen: The Moebius Meltdown
Your standard for what qualifies as a meltdown is really low.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

That guy is a special kind of "touched".

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
You can say his game sucks and not be "upset" at him.
Mainly because his game sucks.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beet Wagon posted:

Star Citizen: The Mobius Meltdown

Are you trying to imply it will never end?

My god.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Colostomy Bag posted:

Are you trying to imply it will never end?

My god.

Answer the Call, 30XX

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Who taught this idiot how to pet a bird

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

GyverMac posted:

You could say the way WW1 was handled by the governments of Europe is kinda like how SC is handled; " *1914*Best drat war ever! It will be over by christmas, give us your young men! *christmas time* Everything is going great, we expanded the scope, but we need more men, we promise a break through by next summer! We dont have JPGs yet, but heres some pieces of paper you can buy! *Gas gets introduced* Fidelity is higher than ever! Now our men doesn't need to get blown up or shot, they can die just by breathing! Oh if you see somebody not praising the best drat war ever, ostracize them! You want to get out of this whole mess? You gotta talk to the firing squad first, you drat snowflake!"

:five:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Answer the Call, 30XX

We all know what 30XX will bring.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Also jester is a loving moron

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Solarin posted:

Also jester is a loving moron

Completely. It's interesting how he flip-flops from one thing to the next. Just a few weeks back, he was threatening to set /r/ds to read-only mode. He even discussed it on our Discord. In fact, there's a thread there right now about that. Then yesterday, after being slapped around by OSC, he changed his tune to say that other people were trying to get the sub-Reddit set to read-only.

He's so loving transparent. Just like the Star Citizen open development claim.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

D_Smart posted:

He's so loving transparent. Just like the Star Citizen open development claim.

so about as transparent as diarrhea?

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

Initially, CIG told backers, or at least heavily implied, that backers weren't entitled to refunds. This approach has been parroted by TheGremlich and others, with the effect of discouraging backers from even attempting to obtain refunds.

I'm not sure how it started, but it has now been established beyond all doubt that backers ARE entitled to refunds, on the grounds of non-delivery of the promised product within a reasonable timeframe and/or the product now being different from what was promised at the time of pre-purchase.

Derek has been (loudly) pointing out that backers have a legal right to refunds, together with advice as to the process they should follow to ensure they exercise that legal right correctly.

What's illegal/libellous about that?

Personally, as a never-backer, but as someone who doesn't like to see people being ripped off whilst enriching other people unjustly, what I'd like to see is those CIG finances, and where exactly all the money has gone.

Ponzi fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Oct 3, 2017

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

reverend crabhands posted:

What means this?????

So I have one of those Objective2 amps. Not the jdlabs one but they're all the same, on their page it says :

So low impedance is good (or bad)??

Or maybe you want as low as possible but within 1/8th?

On the tech specs bit (https://www.jdslabs.com/products/35/objective2-headphone-amplifier/) it says "Output Impedance 0.54 ohms".

So I can only drive a 4 ohm headphone?

The headphones I have (ATH-40X) are 35 ohms it seems. :confused:

No mate, that amp is all good.
From that you quoted, it would mean the lowest impedance headphones that amp would drive would be 4 ohms.

From their page:

quote:

Max Output (33 Ohms) 613 mW
Max Output (150 Ohms) 355 mW
Max Output (600 Ohms) 88 mW

So probably the simplest way to describe it is that the higher the resistance (impedance) of the headphones, the lower the volume.

EDIT: and thankyou to combat theory for the in depth explanation.

Rugganovich fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Oct 4, 2017

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Ponzi posted:

Initially, CIG told backers, or at least heavily implied, that backers weren't entitled to refunds. This approach has been parroted by TheGremlich and others, with the effect of discouraging backers from even attempting to obtain refunds.

I'm not sure how it started, but it has now been established beyond all doubt that backers ARE entitled to refunds, on the grounds of non-delivery of the promised product within a reasonable timeframe and/or the product now being different from what was promised at the time of pre-purchase.

Derek has been (loudly) pointing out that backers have a legal right to refunds, together with advice as to the process they should follow to ensure they exercise that legal right correctly.

What's illegal/libellous about that?

Personally, as a never-backer, and as someone who doesn't like to see people being ripped off whilst enriching other people unjustly, is those CIG finances, and where exactly all the money has gone.
Backers aren't entitled to refunds, CIG just gives them out of the goodness of their hearts and that phonecall they got from a district attorney that one time is completely unrelated.

This has all been established by the thread's resident legal eagle definitely not Toast.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
Please DO NOT quote these blocked clowns when they respond to me.
=====
AutismVaccine
big nipples big life
Chin
D1E
Jobbo_Fett
Lladre
Mr.Tophat
PhallicPhalanges
Variable 5

we're at around a goon every couple of pages

stay safe blocked goon ghosts

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe
Also, at CitizenCon, I'd love someone to shout 'Show us the finances Chris'

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

where's the loving money Crobowski?!

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Her navel is all time musky... Bt look at her face... Her face makes my ROD wakes
Sweet, I made the cut!

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Solarin posted:

where's the loving money Crobowski?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFq6RXSXg9Y&t=69s

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
"im not a nazi! im not a nazi!!", i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a list of blocked users

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Probate anyone who talks about Derek's block list for a few hours in my opinion.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Make Marching Powder IK.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I should probate you for going at least a page without bringing up space court :colbert:

e: also for stealing Tophat's thread gimmick

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

https://brorlandi.github.io/StarWarsIntroCreator/#!/AKvZRL5B-NLCmnXiacyu

It's coming along. :)

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

thatguy posted:

Probate anyone who talks about Derek's block list for a few hours in my opinion.

i feel like it would be easier to probate derek every time he posted with that sig on

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

thatguy posted:

Make Marching Powder IK.

He's the Sheriff the thread needs, but not the one it wants right now.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

I should probate you for going at least a page without bringing up space court :colbert:

e: also for stealing Tophat's thread gimmick

I brought up hot court action. Not SPACE court action.

Guilty your honor.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
More like Derek Dumb amirite

*is excommunicated*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

doing a let's play of any 3000AD game should be a permaban going forward because it's clearly an attempt to derail the thread