Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

Someone used my credit report to call my grandma and ask her for $3,000 in target gift cards to bail me out of a Philly jail for cocaine possession.

They were so close, yet so far.

Joke's on them, grandma would never bail you out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Someone used my credit report to call my grandma and ask her for $3,000 in target gift cards to bail me out of a Philly jail for cocaine possession.

What's poppin mama yer man's in the pokey and they won't let him out unless i bring them five hundo in michael's gift cards and a green tea frappuccino with whip

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

Steve Yun posted:

Joke's on them, grandma would never bail you out

Exactly.

I called as myself to bail myself out, and the guy from "the 17th precinct" was like "are you telling me you have a cell phone in your jailcell?" I said "yeah bitch I got gift cards too let me outtttaaa heeeeeere"

Then they said there was a mistake and they ran a DNA test and found out it was my brother. Bro you're dealing with two career criminals, even if one of us is reformed.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
you're not allowed to get out of jail until you can spell LIVE LAUGH LOVE with jumbo wall letters in your cell

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Well, I'm now in an empty theater to see Friend Request because I apparently really don't value my free time. Will report back

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

glam rock hamhock posted:

Well, I'm now in an empty theater to see Friend Request because I apparently really don't value my free time. Will report back

I got a half day later, so I might just do the do.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
BLADERUNNER CINEMATIC UNIVERSE WATCHING ORDER:

Blade
Blade 2
Sling Blade
Blade Runner
Blades of Glory
Blade runner directors cut

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man, they are really pushing Suburbicon strong. I have seen this trailer before like every movie I've seen since I got Moviepass. Too bad the early reviews make it sound loving abysmal

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Man, they are really pushing Suburbicon strong. I have seen this trailer before like every movie I've seen since I got Moviepass. Too bad the early reviews make it sound loving abysmal

Wait, really? It looks a little confusing, but I'm very excited to see it. Clooney directing a Coen Bros script? I hated The Monument Men, but I feel like Joel & Ethan would sit him down to make sure he didn't gently caress up their material.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

BLADERUNNER CINEMATIC UNIVERSE WATCHING ORDER:

Blade
Blade 2
Sling Blade
Blade Runner
Blades of Glory
Blade runner directors cut

You forgot Zorro, The Gay Blade.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Budgie Jumping posted:

That's actually part of The Gay cinematic universe (The Gay Bride, The Gay Divorcee, GBF, Macguyver, the Hay Deceivers).

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
It's 86+ degrees in my city and people on my facebook are posting about "sweater weather" here.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

That's actually part of The Gay cinematic universe (The Gay Bride, The Gay Divorcee, GBF, Macguyver, the Hay Deceivers).

It's a crossover, duh.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Budgie Jumping posted:

I could be wrong as it's been a very long time since I saw it, but isn't that actually legit good?

Also, hbomberguy's new video on VHS really is loving incredible, and a little sad too.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
So...um, Friend Request is sorta amazing. It's also incredibly dumb. Like laugh right in the movies face dumb but gloriously so. Like it's the sort of movie that tries to have a dramatic shot if the Facebook "loading older posts" animation. I feel reluctant saying anyone should see it because it's so bad but at the same time it's SO GOOD

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Don't you lie to me

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Do they actually use legit Facebook and whatever in those movies?

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

So...um, Friend Request is sorta amazing. It's also incredibly dumb. Like laugh right in the movies face dumb but gloriously so. Like it's the sort of movie that tries to have a dramatic shot if the Facebook "loading older posts" animation. I feel reluctant saying anyone should see it because it's so bad but at the same time it's SO GOOD

I KNEW IT

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Unfriended knew the dread of the three dots bubble, that's the very least friend request should strive for

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Franchescanado posted:

Wait, really? It looks a little confusing, but I'm very excited to see it. Clooney directing a Coen Bros script? I hated The Monument Men, but I feel like Joel & Ethan would sit him down to make sure he didn't gently caress up their material.

From what I can tell from what little I've read, the Damon part is only half the movie and it's combined with another part to make a Crash level obvious race message movie that borders on being offensive. I too want Clooney to make a good movie again after his really strong start but this doesn't sound like it's it.

CelticPredator posted:

Don't you lie to me

Like, as I said, it's really, really dumb but it's the sort of dumb that I am absolutely incapable of hating. It has some harder to get passed problems (some terrible acting, a few bad scares, some weird mixed messages if you really think about it) but mainly it's just so gleefully clueless about everything that at one point (when they checked to code on the evil girl's webpage and it was all made up of moving matrix style witch script) I just developed a dumb grin on my face and it never left and is still sort of there.

I mean the movie opens with a Kitten video that turns out to be a screamer. I don't think I need to tell you anything else. That should let you know if it's the sort of thing you want to subject yourself to.

Sir Kodiak posted:

Do they actually use legit Facebook and whatever in those movies?

I'm not sure if it was ever shown by name to be Facebook but the website layout was still just Facebook with not even superficial changes. Hell, in it calling support was useless and did nothing, so yeah, Facebook!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/AmznMovieRevws/status/915248451943776257

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I will give him that one of the reasons I liked Devil Inside was because it presents Satan as a thing that if you mess around with, it will gently caress you up. It's a movie where some do gooder priests try to take on Satan and get absolutely wrecked.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
One of the weirder things about The Thing 2011, in hindsight, is seeing Kai Proctor from Banshee as Dr. Halvorsen.

Like, I know Ulrich Thomsen is a veteran character actor and has been in just about loving everything, but I'm always gonna expect him to take his shirt off at some point and reveal that badass Jesus back piece and start Wing Chun-ing on some dudes now.

e: also, I started coming down with either strep throat or a cold from Hell, and I am suddenly very glad the doc hooked me up with a Tramadol script for my kidney stone. It's not a fun painkiller but it is absolutely a fantastic "stop feeling like actual hell" painkiller.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

precision posted:

I could be wrong as it's been a very long time since I saw it, but isn't that actually legit good?

Many years since I've seen it too. poo poo let's have us a YTOTD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoYvjJMNnc0

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

I will give him that one of the reasons I liked Devil Inside was because it presents Satan as a thing that if you mess around with, it will gently caress you up. It's a movie where some do gooder priests try to take on Satan and get absolutely wrecked.

I liked the stuff in the supermarket, and that it started out as vacation footage.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

e: also, I started coming down with either strep throat or a cold from Hell, and I am suddenly very glad the doc hooked me up with a Tramadol script for my kidney stone. It's not a fun painkiller but it is absolutely a fantastic "stop feeling like actual hell" painkiller.

Be careful, the withdrawal effects of coming off Tramadol are far worse than they are coming off an opiate based painkiller in my experience. When I had a lot of tooth work last year, I was on and off hydrocodone all year and withdrawal was never any worse than "slight irritiability". Tramadol, I was once prescribed for just 2 weeks, and when I stopped taking it I felt like I was dying.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I liked the stuff in the supermarket, and that it started out as vacation footage.

That was Devil's Due!

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

precision posted:

Be careful, the withdrawal effects of coming off Tramadol are far worse than they are coming off an opiate based painkiller in my experience. When I had a lot of tooth work last year, I was on and off hydrocodone all year and withdrawal was never any worse than "slight irritiability". Tramadol, I was once prescribed for just 2 weeks, and when I stopped taking it I felt like I was dying.

Eh, I'm not taking shitloads of it or anything. I took one last night so I could sleep, and one today so I can get through work semi-comfortably, and that's probably the extent of my use of it (since I'll probably be feeling okayish by tomorrow).

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

That was Devil's Due!

Oh gently caress. OK, well I did like the first half of Devil Inside and wanted them to get their Ghostbusters' style unsanctioned exorcism business going. The ending that sends you to a website didn't bother me at all.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Oh gently caress. OK, well I did like the first half of Devil Inside and wanted them to get their Ghostbusters' style unsanctioned exorcism business going. The ending that sends you to a website didn't bother me at all.

Same. I thought it worked oddly well. Most people kind of dismissed that as "oh now I have to go to the website for the real ending" but the website didn't actually provide any answers. In a movie that is about characters assuming they know enough to handle taking the Devil straight on, I thought it worked oddly well to assure the audience that there were actually answers just to lead them to a useless (now taken down) website

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Here's a delightful YouTube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWKOUxF-Dso

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I just realized I'm the same age as Kim Jong Un, that's a loving head trip.
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/915187870595518464

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Just found out my stepbrother is in jail for drunk driving and vehicular homicide. My half-brother was in jail for 20 years for murder.

My worst offense has been a speeding ticket and I’m a pacifist, so I guess I’m doing okay.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
New Spoiler Alert is live. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf9GJkRcGjg Table of contents:

1) Unendurable line (2017) - featuring Bill Nye VS Pseudoscience (Part Two!) | Measured Response, spotlight on Design Ah 01:26
2) Jacques Lacan Speaks (1982) 07:25
3) Boniato (2015) 13:17
4) Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (2012) - featuring The Birth of a Nation (1915) and Hamilton (2015) 16:53
5) Sleeping with the Devil (1990) - featuring Geraldo | Manson: Psycho (1988) 21:50
6) Phoenix Forgotten (2017) - featuring The Conspiracy "Theory" Conspiracy (2015) 25:38
7) It Comes at Night (2017) - featuring The Triumph of Death (ca. 1562) 31:41
8) Two Worlds (1929) 34:26

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

I just realized I'm the same age as Kim Jong Un, that's a loving head trip.
Well, why aren't you running your own hosed up, little nation by now? :colbert:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

K. Waste posted:

New Spoiler Alert is live. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf9GJkRcGjg Table of contents:

1) Unendurable line (2017) - featuring Bill Nye VS Pseudoscience (Part Two!) | Measured Response, spotlight on Design Ah 01:26

This is as far as I've gotten but drat this segment is on point.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Safety Factor posted:

Well, why aren't you running your own hosed up, little nation by now? :colbert:

It's all loving legacy hires.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Guys I'm really bummed that Tom Petty is dead. :(

My friends want to drag me out to see It, but I wonder if I can talk them into seeing Blade Runner 2049. I can do both but I've been extremely bad about watching movies lately.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

K. Waste posted:

2) Jacques Lacan Speaks (1982) 07:25
3) Boniato (2015) 13:17
4) Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (2012) - featuring The Birth of a Nation (1915) and Hamilton (2015) 16:53
5) Sleeping with the Devil (1990) - featuring Geraldo | Manson: Psycho (1988) 21:50
6) Phoenix Forgotten (2017) - featuring The Conspiracy "Theory" Conspiracy (2015) 25:38
7) It Comes at Night (2017) - featuring The Triumph of Death (ca. 1562) 31:41
8) Two Worlds (1929) 34:26

Dude you are cranking these out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Since when do jails barter for bail?

• Locked thread