Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Skidding into a ditch and ending the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the prius tie-in anime was good, so i can stand to give this one the benefit of the doubt

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Also the Subaru one

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Drunk wife was pretty good, and appropriately captured that drunk people are kind of a little annoying.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
This new arc of Shokugeki no Soma is looking like it might be one of the best. For some reason, Kuga feels like the perfect foil to Soma and his impulsiveness, being just as arrogant but in a more directed manner.

I would have watched it anyway (since I like the show), but the fact that it features Shizuka Itou and Akira Ishida just makes it better.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

chumbler posted:

Drunk wife was pretty good, and appropriately captured that drunk people are kind of a little annoying.

Their "cocktails" are still poo poo.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Just screwdriver after screwdriver.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
NEW THREAD!!!!!

quote:

Black Clover
Studio Pierrot | Yoshihara, Tatsuya | Fudeyasu, Kazuyuki | Action, Comedy, Magic, Fantasy, Shounen | Manga | Oct 3, 2017
Asta is a young boy who dreams of becoming the greatest mage in the kingdom. Only one problem – he can't use any magic! Luckily for Asta, he receives the incredibly rare five-leaf clover grimoire that gives him the power of anti-magic. Can someone who can't use magic really become the Wizard King? One thing's for sure – Asta will never give up!
PV
Thread

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

I've read the manga for Net-juu no Susume and it reminds me a lot of ReLife (not just because it's published on the same site).

Don't expect any action, because it's not about actually playing the MMORPG. Characters do talk about levels and items etc... all the time, but the actual game barely matters past the introduction. It's mostly a way for the characters to interact anonymously and give them something to talk about.
The story is really about the main character, who was bullied out of her office job, donning a fake identity (her MMORPG-character, where she pretends she's a college student) and resolving others' and her own problems through talking.
And then romance happens, because of course the characters just happen to run across each other IRL, without realizing it for a while.

One warning though: It's possible that the story won't ever be finished. The author hasn't released any new chapters in 2 years due to health reasons, and the only thing that happened since the anime announcement was a post by the site's staff, saying that her health still hasn't recovered to the point where she can continue working on the manga.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

iospace posted:

A Certain Magical Index, where the titular character vanishes from any plot relevance past the initial arc.

Railgun is much better, for reasons outlined above. S3 would be bonkers and I would greatly look forward to Demon Mikoto

Index was really boring and did nothing with the traces of good ideas it did have.

Railgun had that girl with the cute snake, and so was watchable.

Anyway, Juuni Taisen seems really dumb, so I should love it.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Dzhay posted:

Anyway, Juuni Taisen seems really dumb, so I should love it.

I don't know what to think of the first episode. Spoilers- They spent like half of the episode on the Boar's backstory and then she got murdered at the end, so what the hell was the point? The character designs (and the characters) are batshit crazy and the animation is nice though, so I'll stick with it.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I don't know what to think of the first episode. Spoilers- They spent like half of the episode on the Boar's backstory and then she got murdered at the end, so what the hell was the point? The character designs (and the characters) are batshit crazy and the animation is nice though, so I'll stick with it.

They probably want to go through everyone's backstory, and the only time to go through hers was right at the beginning, since she died so quickly. It also makes her death a bit more surprising, since she was ostensibly the main character

Seconding the characters all looking/acting really cool and interesting.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i dunno if it'll be that cut and dried, considering she got killed by a necromancer with her body mostly intact

but worst case scenario they did it because the backstory/POV set up some stuff about the juuni taisen

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I was super hype for Juuni Taisen (Nisio Isin!! Future Diary guy!!), and while it had all the EDGE I was looking for it hasn't done anything cool enough yet to really grab me. I'm still into it tho.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Not a lot of stuff looks interesting to me this season.

Anticipated:
kino's journey
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou

3 episode try
Blend S

Other than that... blah.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Sorry if this has been posted already, but this VA is hilarious.

https://twitter.com/nise_shi/status/914976861041565696

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Konohana Kitan was rather pretty and very cozy. Nothing in the first ep blew me away, but still seems like a solid standard-bearer for CGDCT shows this season.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

They're meant to be things you could make at home I think so they're intentionally simple

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

They're meant to be things you could make at home I think so they're intentionally simple

You can make 99% of proper cocktails at home, you just need to own a handful of common spirits and mixers. Just adding milk to whisky or Kahlua isn't making cocktails. :v:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Lemon-Lime posted:

You can make 99% of proper cocktails at home, you just need to own a handful of common spirits and mixers. Just adding milk to whisky or Kahlua isn't making cocktails. :v:

Sometimes, when I'm feeling adventurous, I just drink milk straight without any whisky at all.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Lemon-Lime posted:

I don't care, as long as the show is still cute.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
the gimmick of juuni taisen according to early screenings is the pov changes every episode

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
that's not really a spoiler, that's the entire premise

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

The Colonel posted:

that's not really a spoiler, that's the entire premise

i posted it without a spoiler tag and then decided someone might think its a spoiler and stealth edited it in, b/c its related to spoiler tagged poo poo in other peoples posts

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
It seems like the obvious thing to do when there's only 12 episodes and 12 members of the Zodiac fighting it out. Should be interesting what they'll do for Snake

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Also since Katanagatari did a similar thing with an episode for each sword

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
im not 100% sold on whether urahara works, but its definitely one of the most interesting premieres i've seen in a while. im a pretty big fan of the visual presentation of it (tho it might nauseate or infuriate some) but i need to see more of the actual story to get hooked i think. its definitely worth a 3 episode test if you liked flip flappers or are interested in more experimental anime design in general

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

The only cocktail you really need is drinking bourbon straight (from the bottle).

Which I don't do any more.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Okay yes Urahara was pretty strange. But not as strange as any of that other Japanese animation (not anime) I saw earlier this evening at a screening event. So overall, Urahara made a refreshing amount of sense.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Juni Taisen is interesting. I'm OK with a nice train wreck anime. It's been a while for me.

Black Clover.. well.. I mean it's shounen as gently caress but it gets better? Maybe Asta's VA will too?

UQ Holder was OK. I don't remember there being a super amount of fanservice so I'm sure I'm terribly wrong there considering who wrote that thing.

:sigh:

Got talked into Urahara too so I'll watch that tonight.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

why would you describe juuni taisen as a trainwreck

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

nielsm posted:

Okay yes Urahara was pretty strange. But not as strange as any of that other Japanese animation (not anime) I saw earlier this evening at a screening event. So overall, Urahara made a refreshing amount of sense.

It was still pretty strange and loaded with pastel madness.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
...I don't think you know what the term "trainwreck" means or implies.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Homura and Sickle posted:

the gimmick of juuni taisen according to early screenings is the pov changes every episode
This is exactly what I was hoping for after the first episode. :toot:

Irritated Goat posted:

UQ Holder was OK. I don't remember there being a super amount of fanservice
I have bad news: someone has stolen most of your memories of UQ Holder.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Calling a show a trainwreck is to ADTRW what declaring something not anime is to Games.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Allarion posted:

Also since Katanagatari did a similar thing with an episode for each sword
But Katanagatari mostly sticks with Togame and Shichika.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

dogsicle posted:

why would you describe juuni taisen as a trainwreck

That may not be an accurate description of the work itself, but it's probably going to be an accurate description of the events it depicts. poo poo is going to get extraordinarily messy, and that's most of the fun.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
[watches a well animated 24 minute program with perhaps an overdone premise but has potential] hmm yes, quite similar to a crashed locomotive that might have killed or harmed others

interested in urahara, friends have told me it's good so ill probably watch that tonight

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i was just asking for clarification :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
more like juuni carcrashsen

• Locked thread