Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
mfw people pretend they invented memes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Lastgirl posted:

theres a good bit 10 mins in about DARPA research and MRI scans about your brain activity when beliefs are being challenged and showing the indication that narratives are easier to sway people rather than attacking their beliefs directly

makes sense since narratives are in third person and aren't personal

the alt-right basically tapped into this primal poo poo that've been around for millenia, through oral tradition or otherwise and just commodified it with image macros and are being masturbatory geniuses thinkfluencers about how its new and edgy and controversial when it's not

their game can be beaten lol

the only thing that can stop a bad guy with a meme is a good guy with a meme

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Jazerus posted:

the only thing that can stop a bad guy with a meme is a good guy with a meme

memes cannot be stopped.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

theres a good bit 10 mins in about DARPA research and MRI scans about your brain activity when beliefs are being challenged and showing the indication that narratives are easier to sway people rather than attacking their beliefs directly

makes sense since narratives are in third person and aren't personal

the alt-right basically tapped into this primal poo poo that've been around for millenia, through oral tradition or otherwise and just commodified it with image macros and are being masturbatory geniuses thinkfluencers about how its new and edgy and controversial when it's not

their game can be beaten lol

the right mostly tapped into the weird fascist undercurrent that came from the confederates/brownshirts never actually being stamped out

dumbasses are very easily lured into some weird poo poo by irony though, i dont doubt some morons got hypnotized by memes

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Admiral Ray posted:

memes cannot be stopped.

memes ate my balls

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

mormonpartyboat posted:

w/an alt-left hook

the baked alaska interview segment here sounds positively deranged because he's so disconnected from reality, talking about a civil war for the collective consciousness :chloe:

uhh dude, people's minds are all individualistic and fragmented into their own little space, you may find some common ground there briefly, for an instant, for a singular event, then it fades away and they move onto something else, scattered in the cyberwind. Then you go offline the real world is going to objectively kick yer rear end regardless

good luck meme magician :thumbsup:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Al! posted:

memes ate my balls

this is the future liberals want

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Al! posted:

mfw people pretend they invented memes

al r u ok

you seem to be a grumpy gus lately

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
memes and the tasmanian devil sold me a nike phone card

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Mariana Horchata posted:

whats a good song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XajKrv6JljE

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

the baked alaska interview segment here sounds positively deranged because he's so disconnected from reality, talking about a civil war for the collective consciousness :chloe:

uhh dude, people's minds are all individualistic and fragmented into their own little space, you may find some common ground there briefly, for an instant, for a singular event, then it fades away and they move onto something else, scattered in the cyberwind. Then you go offline the real world is going to objectively kick yer rear end regardless

meme magic can be disrupted by a particularly strong reality. i.e a fist

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Lastgirl posted:

https://twitter.com/nathanTbernard/status/915431850566406144

hes on a quest of extreme masochism

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

SKULL.GIF posted:

kinda excited for a new country to be born

not excited for the resultant civil war

the chuds aren't organized enough to pull off a civil war/seccession crisis

yet

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the chuds aren't organized enough to pull off a civil war/seccession crisis

yet

if the chuds tried to organize a civil war they'd trip on their own assholes

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

or maybe nothing will happen too

if you can't get excited at the prospect of violence what kind of american are you

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Yinlock posted:

al r u ok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq-4r_Ye-s

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lastgirl posted:

surely by summoning a tornado in this pit of broken glass i will be able to precisely shear the parts of reality i wish to avoid

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Nichael posted:

I have a bizarre respect for how little effort Putin put into this, and how much return he got out of it. It's not hard to make up crazy right wing bullshit, just about anyone could do it.

The necessary and existing conditions were here all along

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
remember that video of some kekistani taking his meme bullshit to some tea party protest and a few dozen old white dudes telling him to gently caress off

that owned

THEY'RE GOOD MEMES, I scream as a burly guy headlocks me and drags me out of the park

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
just waiting for the ultimate meme, the meme to end all memes, the meme that tapped everyone's consciousness for one defining moment in history to capitulate the balkanization of the US in a digital cataclysmic tweetstorm

the perfect meme, the mother of all memes, cannot be outmemed, memeing foreverially to meme, meme meme meme help i cant hmeme memememema a :psyboom:

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Yinlock posted:

al r u ok

he should be banned

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Dahnald throwing sicc shade on the unconstitutional air force by calling them the coast guard was a bigly Art of the Deal move

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
the only way we'll get a civil war while trump is in office is if he bungles something so hard a coup occurs

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lastgirl posted:

just waiting for the ultimate meme, the meme to end all memes, the meme that tapped everyone's consciousness for one defining moment in history to capitulate the balkanization of the US in a digital cataclysmic tweetstorm

the perfect meme, the mother of all memes, cannot be outmemed, memeing foreverially to meme, meme meme meme help i cant hmeme memememema a :psyboom:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
does baked alaska carry around like 12 cell phone batteries

dude livestreams like every second of his life

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

A Handed Missus posted:

Dahnald throwing sicc shade on the unconstitutional air force by calling them the coast guard was a bigly Art of the Deal move

coast guard is also unconstitutional

donny was making a very subtle point here :smugdon:

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

I know Sandy Hook families failed to sue Bushmaster or whoever, but I feel like whoever made the bump fire stocks could really get hosed in the right court room.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Turdfuzz posted:

he should be banned

:heysexy:

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

i told u about the meme wars

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Lastgirl posted:

Dickbutt already exists.

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013

thank you, sometimes i forget about that guy

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

foreverially to meme, meme meme meme help i cant hmeme memememema a :psyboom:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Mariana Horchata posted:

see that's the part i don't like.

had to take a nap...i haven't actually been drinking, I just get headaches from an old spinal injury, it's bullllllshiiiit

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Its really amazing how consistently baked Alaska gets dunked on. Like drat.

Does he still have a squad of fat ginger neckbeard bodyguards or have they been driven off by the stench of (even bigger) loser by now?

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Grem posted:

I know Sandy Hook families failed to sue Bushmaster or whoever, but I feel like whoever made the bump fire stocks could really get hosed in the right court room.

in a 5-4 decision

ed balls

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Spoeank posted:

does baked alaska carry around like 12 cell phone batteries

dude livestreams like every second of his life

i seriously think he might be among the most deranged of these morons because of that.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

YOU A loving HAT posted:

had to take a nap...i haven't actually been drinking, I just get headaches from an old spinal injury, it's bullllllshiiiit

i think i saw a documentary about this where a guy named major paine had amethod to distract from pain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Good Citizen posted:

Its really amazing how consistently baked Alaska gets dunked on. Like drat.

Does he still have a squad of fat ginger neckbeard bodyguards or have they been driven off by the stench of (even bigger) loser by now?

can you imagine the self image problems of the guy who wants to be baked alaskas sidekick

• Locked thread