Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

overseer07 posted:

oh look, Derek is responsible for StreetRoller's refund now. No need to mention him by name, of course.

The best part about this is streetroller widely admitted to not being a goon and only finding out about this thread after his refund when he started googling. He then detailed the steps he had already taken here, Derek then blotted out the sun with another blog about it.

But now Derek made the mainstream media with his blog that exposed the critical weak point in the TOS, invoking the name of the State Authorities and calling forth those who would wish to get a refund with Derek Smarts approval and methods that he pioneered and spread.

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Derek, never stop, k? :allears:

VictorianQueerLit fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Oct 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

VictorianQueerLit posted:

But now Derek made the mainstream media with his blog that exposed the critical weak point in the TOS, invoking the name of the State Authorities and calling forth those who would wish to get a refund with Derek Smarts approval and methods that he pioneered and spread.

Funny enough, my refund that took place at the same time as Streetroller's had no state authority contacted. just the BBB.
I had to wait for the magic date to pass before I could push through my refund request.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Lladre posted:

Funny enough, my refund that took place at the same time as Streetroller's had no state authority contacted. just the BBB.
I had to wait for the magic date to pass before I could push through my refund request.

You mean Derek Smart did research on the TOS, found out that they couldn't deny refunds, and then informed the world. Then you found out what Derek Smart had said and pursued a refund with Derek Smart's methods.

Derek Smart.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Jesus Christ has Lazrin hacked you all or something?

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

D_Smart posted:

I continued to publicize the sub-Reddit, much to the chagrin of Shitizens the world over - especially those crazy-rear end Germans.

careful now...

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

thatguy posted:

Jesus Christ has Lazrin hacked you all or something?

*Derek makes up hilarious bullshit*
*people mock it*

"Jesus are you all trolls or something?!?!"

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Variable 5 posted:

Also lol at anyone that only posts here to attack Derek after he called us all nazis for saying his bad video game control scheme was bad

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

D_Smart posted:

I can tell you how it started.

You see, first there was the famous July Blog which started a major poo poo-storm that CIG still hasn't recovered from.

Then after thorough investigations (from reading their various TOS versions, looking up consumer case law, FTC resources and cases they won on merits etc) which included valuable advice from legal, my blind 3-legged dog - who apparently wears glasses, I discovered that unless and until they actually delivered a work product, CIG has NO choice but to do refunds.

So I encouraged* anyone wanting one, to go ahead and ask. And if refused, to go ahead and notify their State authorities.

One bright morning, I found out that one crazy bastard up in NJ (where else?) decided to give it a shot. He had about $3K (don't ask) in. He asked for a refund. They rather politely told him to gently caress off.

He went straight to California State authorities.

He got a refund. Like days later.

I wrote a blog, Star Citizen Refund Debacle, documenting the whole thing.

It made most of the mainstream news.

poo poo fell apart for CIG.

Yet other crazy bastards (they're all Goons. so there's that) decided to start a new sub-Reddit /r/starcitizen_refunds/ where they created a fantastic and error-free roadmap on how to get refund. Shitizens still don't know how to counter that one so far. But they're all loving useless and incompetent anyway, so no surprise there.

I continued to publicize the sub-Reddit, much to the chagrin of Shitizens the world over - especially those crazy-rear end Germans.

Since that day, refunds were a thing. And Shitizens have been off their meds since. And some of them actually want me dead as a result. Over a loving video game. No joke.

* according to that ignorant gas bag, TheGremlich, for this valuable service, I'm apparently committing "trade defamation". I did say they were loving morons, right?

:allears:

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001
So CIG removed the Completionist package from public viewing. I guess they didn't like it when people could link the $15,000 USD DLC for an unreleased game as an example of Star Citizen being a scam/scum. But don't worry space whales, Concierge level backers can still buy them.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

kilus aof posted:

So CIG removed the Completionist package from public viewing. I guess they didn't like it when people could link the $15,000 USD DLC for an unreleased game as an example of Star Citizen being a scam/scum. But don't worry space whales, Concierge level backers can still buy them.

Wait, did this person give CIG another $50 just so they could see the $15,000 jpeg bundle in the store again?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

kilus aof posted:

Citizenship Must Be Earned

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Citizenship Must Be Earned Bought

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Star Citizen: The Saint Kitts and Nevis of vidya games.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
I don't know about you guys, but I'm super excited about this Star Citizen game. I think it's like space the matrix. I hear it's in early access and I want to get in on the ground floor.

Thinking I need to set up a guild so I can dominate it from early on like eve online. Maybe call it goon squad.

It's ok too because I'm buying some serious capital ships too. Like 10 of them so everybody can be a turret gunner. I figure we may as well start off big.

I think if we try we can convince Derek to join the squad too. But we need to rub hard, rub long, and rub together.

Are you with me??? Let's rub!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

kilus aof posted:

Interesting. There definitely used to be a game package at $2700 and I think also at $5000 and $10000; those are now hidden or removed as well. The top public-facing package is now "only" $1100.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

They have all the money they need to complete the game, no need for those big fancy packages.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

The Titanic posted:

I don't know about you guys, but I'm super excited about this Star Citizen game. I think it's like space the matrix. I hear it's in early access and I want to get in on the ground floor.

Thinking I need to set up a guild so I can dominate it from early on like eve online. Maybe call it goon squad.

It's ok too because I'm buying some serious capital ships too. Like 10 of them so everybody can be a turret gunner. I figure we may as well start off big.

I think if we try we can convince Derek to join the squad too. But we need to rub hard, rub long, and rub together.

Are you with me??? Let's rub!

nggghhh yeah rub against dat berg

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Star Citizen is...

Good for my post count.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Derek reminds me of a group of people

From back in the 40s

In Europe

Who started wars

And that reaaaaally liked revisionist history to make themselves look better than they were.

Those people were called commies

Ha! Bet you didnt see that one coming :smuggo:

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Sure is nice of CIG to be focused on helping Amazon with all these engine updates in Lumberyard while still struggling to get a gutted 3.0 stable enough out to their NDA testers.

Being so flush with cash lets them guide scrappy little underdog Amazon.com while they spend the next 4 or 5 years building up the company.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Exinos posted:

Sure is nice of CIG to be focused on helping Amazon with all these engine updates in Lumberyard while still struggling to get a gutted 3.0 stable enough out to their NDA testers.

Being so flush with cash lets them guide scrappy little underdog Amazon.com while they spend the next 4 or 5 years building up the company.

No, you see, its because Amazon hasnt the roster depth as CIG who just so happen to be stumped regarding their network issues for the last every year theyve been in development. And then theres all the tech theyve worked on and subsequently scrapped, like grabby hands and the soon-to-be-dead FOIP. And im sure that Amazon can rely on CIG for in-depth analysis and design documents the likes of which we havent seen in years and that are largely irrelevant now.

Truly, Amazon owes much to CIG. The only reason we never hear about all this is because CIG is humble and wants AMAZON to claim all the glory for themselves. CIG, and by extension Chris himself, is satisfied with a firm handshake and a special thanks at the bottom of the credit roll.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001
This game being a scam and never releasing is probably a benefit to the faithful. Imagine how much they would hate Star Citizen if it got released and became popular. CASUALS:argh: would play it.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Ponzi posted:

Initially, CIG told backers, or at least heavily implied, that backers weren't entitled to refunds. This approach has been parroted by TheGremlich and others, with the effect of discouraging backers from even attempting to obtain refunds.

I'm not sure how it started, but it has now been established beyond all doubt that backers ARE entitled to refunds, on the grounds of non-delivery of the promised product within a reasonable timeframe and/or the product now being different from what was promised at the time of pre-purchase.

Derek has been (loudly) pointing out that backers have a legal right to refunds, together with advice as to the process they should follow to ensure they exercise that legal right correctly.

What's illegal/libellous about that?

Personally, as a never-backer, but as someone who doesn't like to see people being ripped off whilst enriching other people unjustly, what I'd like to see is those CIG finances, and where exactly all the money has gone.

For me it's idiot nerds throwing their money down black holes despite everyone screaming that they shouldn't.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Zzr posted:

Smart Citizen
Archer infos from a remote dead planet, and bring them back to your blog planet claiming they are yours.

:golfclap:

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

kilus aof posted:

This game being a scam and never releasing is probably a benefit to the faithful. Imagine how much they would hate Star Citizen if it got released and became popular. CASUALS:argh: would play it.

Citizens are in point of fact casual or even non gameplaying persons roleplaying hardcore gamers in real life whom are in turn roleplaying Star Fleet Admirals in game. My god, it's full of casuals all the way down.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

I should get :pgabz: to mail me an authentic barrister's wig so I can put it on kayak and make youtube videos where he hands down judgements to bad posters.

This sounds like the best idea :3:

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
Has anyone ever read one of these so-called 'blogs?' How do we even know they exist?

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Noob question:

Why has only Derek a sig? Do you have to buy one? Can you activate it? How do magnets work?

Also, shoutout to Mirificus. :siren: Please stay safe when messing with weapon grade insanity on a daily basis. :siren:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

You can set one in the user control panel. There's also an option to hide signatures across the site, along with some other neat customisations.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

nawledgelambo posted:

god

over 1000 posts and not one of them has a single cig gently caress up

jesus hcrist will you publicly embarrass yourselves already

End of days for poor goons. We're uber hosed I tell you. Check mate. Guaranteed. 2 weeks. CIG has won.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Tokamak posted:

You can set one in the user control panel. There's also an option to hide signatures across the site, along with some other neat customisations.

Thank you. Found it and i hope it works

AutismVaccine fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Oct 4, 2017

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

God drat this thread is moving again. Put it Video Games or GBS for some real fun.

Or make blerick a mod for this forum. Would serve him right.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

AutismVaccine posted:

Thank you. Found it and i hope it works

I think they are only supposed to show up in certain sub-forums.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
To borrow a phrase from good old Londo...

Only an idiot would keep giving money to Croberts after 3.0 was delayed by two months.
Only the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiots would keep giving money to Croberts after nearly 12 months.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I gotta say, let's rub is my new favorite saying. I don't know why, but it makes me giggle every time.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Chris Roberts vs Derek Smart.

Its like a wizard battle except with autism instead of magic.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Derek, I know you and love you, but I'm doing this as a favor to you.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Just caught up with the thread.

:gary:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

I see this going to good places.

No, not the finger.

Please DO NOT quote these blocked clowns when they respond to me.
=====
Mr Fronts