Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

As much as we make fun of reddit pedophiles insisting that we call them "hebephiles" I think it's actually a very appropriate name.

Because they give me the heebie jeebies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Stop ostrich sizing people outside of the gender binary

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Strom Cuzewon posted:

As much as we make fun of reddit pedophiles insisting that we call them "hebephiles" I think it's actually a very appropriate name.

Because they give me the heebie jeebies.

the heebie gbs

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

Trauma Dog 3000 posted:

how do you use a keyboard?

You add hinges to the keyboards in the middle so it can fold together on command.

As for the fire. Magnesium charges perhaps? I'm open to suggestions.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Tiggum posted:

Wrong.

Still wrong.

Saying you're pansexual because "bisexuals are defined by the gender binary" is just a bullshit backhanded way of saying "I'm more enlightened than you". It's an insult disguised as open-mindedness.

You left of the end of that Wikipedia description

Wikipedia posted:

Wikipedia posted:

Bisexuality is romantic attraction, sexual attraction, or sexual behavior toward both males and females, or romantic or sexual attraction to people of any sex or gender identity; this latter aspect is sometimes alternatively termed pansexuality.

It also says

Wikipedia posted:

The concept of pansexuality deliberately rejects the gender binary, the "notion of two genders and indeed of specific sexual orientations", as pansexual people are open to relationships with people who do not identify as strictly men or women.

And it seems that every other dictionary defines bisexual as two sexes

Merriam-Webster posted:

1 a :possessing characters of both sexes and especially both male and female reproductive structures :hermaphroditic
b :of, relating to, or characterized by sexual or romantic attraction to members of both sexes; also :engaging in sexual activity with partners of more than one gender

2 :of, relating to, or involving both sexes

Oxford dictionary posted:

Sexually attracted not exclusively to people of one particular gender; attracted to both men and women.

I don't understand how you think someone's sexuality is an insult to others. Pansexuals are not going around thinking they are better than others. You realize that sexuality isn't a choice, right?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

when people start pulling out dictionary definitions I think that's the point an internet argument has gone on too long

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Tiggum seems to be really upset about people who identify as pansexual for some reason :psyduck:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Dejawesp posted:

You add hinges to the keyboards in the middle so it can fold together on command.

As for the fire. Magnesium charges perhaps? I'm open to suggestions.

I was picturing like a piano keyboard :buddy:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/nooralsibai/status/915398202718871552

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

wait

why is coroner an elected position

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Seriously, what's being halved

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

TinTower posted:

wait

why is coroner an elected position

Some places elect everyone down to dog catcher.

It's just a scam to keep the profits of big lawn sign high.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

IT’S COCKTOBER 🍆🎃 U KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS 👀👅 DICK SUCKING AWARENESS MONTH 😯🙆🏼👅 SEND THIS TO 12 OF UR CLOSET HOES 👭😈 THAT LOVE THAT DICK 🍆🍆🍆💦💦💦🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃THOT-O-WEEN 🎃IS UPON US !! YOU ARE QUEEN👸🏿 OF THE THOTS!!! FORWARD THIS TO 7⃣ OF THE 🍆THOTTIEST🍆 THOTS 💁🏿 THAT YOU KNOW WILL GET SOME 👉🏿👌🏿 SOON !!! IF YOU DON’T, BE PREPARED 🙍🏿 FOR 6⃣9⃣ DAYS OF BAD LUCK ⚠️ 🍀

This is now my favorite post, thank you.

Cocktober, I mean, :drat:

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

We Know Catheters posted:

Pansexuals are not going around thinking they are better than others.

Lol, sure. And people in open marriages don't act like they're the evolved form of perfect relationships.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Some people do, some people don't. One's sexuality doesn't make you an rear end in a top hat, being an obnoxious idiot does.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Wait, why would the wall be built across the Mexico border and up to Washington

Unless I misread that but I'm not reading that again to check

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Tiggum seems to be really upset about people who identify as pansexual for some reason :psyduck:
I love it when people tell me they identify as pansexual because it's a surefire way to know someone is going to be insufferable to be around.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Wait, why would the wall be built across the Mexico border and up to Washington

Unless I misread that but I'm not reading that again to check

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THE SWAMP

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Ularg posted:

This is now my favorite post, thank you.

Cocktober, I mean, :drat:

Knobvember
Dickcember

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Tiggum posted:

Wrong.

Still wrong.

Saying you're pansexual because "bisexuals are defined by the gender binary" is just a bullshit backhanded way of saying "I'm more enlightened than you". It's an insult disguised as open-mindedness.

My trans friend has found it to be an easy way to know if a person is ok with dating her. I've m7et bisexuals who wouldn't. And lol faux bisexuality was all the rage with the alternative teens on myspace back in the day it doesn't make bisexuality fake. It's also really rich using bisexuality while arguing that a "sexuality" doesn't exist.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Also relevant

https://twitter.com/nytimesarts/status/628966211792056320

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Pansexuals are not going around thinking they are better than others.

I mean, many probably aren't, but there's plenty who are, just like any identity thing. In any group, there's always a subset of insufferables who want you to know that their membership in that group makes them SO MUCH BETTER than the rest of you plebians with your stupid boring non-group interests. Hell, that's like a third of what we see posted here.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

This makes me irrationally angry and I'm literally all three.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
There are a few people in the answers saying that she didn't actually say that and is trying to get it corrected.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Joey Tri-biani

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Pedophilia and hebephilia are both sexualities like homosexuality, bisexuality and other GSMs - and there will be a civil rights movement for them as well. I'd say that the liberation of pedophiles and hebephiles is inevitable.

In Gematria, or Occult Numerology, numbers are added together until they reduce to a single digit number of 1-9. I couldn't help but see some disturbing numerological patterns in regards to the mass shooting that happened yesterday.

The snake of the bible was the man. It is PROVEN that female came before males. So the "adam's rib” stuff is Bullshit. Adam never existed.

I can't believe that LoB has tried to stop this train 3 times, and none of those attempts have stuck. Why are people so angry about sexual identity? Like, I get that assigning something like aromanticism to Hugh Hefner is funny, but arguing about whether or not it exists in the first place is stupid. Please stop.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Puppy Time posted:

I mean, many probably aren't, but there's plenty who are, just like any identity thing. In any group, there's always a subset of insufferables who want you to know that their membership in that group makes them SO MUCH BETTER than the rest of you plebians with your stupid boring non-group interests. Hell, that's like a third of what we see posted here.

I'm a recluse so I can't offer any personal accounts of this stuff, but it kinda sounds like the evolution of white people going 'I'm 1/64th Cherokee!' or whatever Indian tribe they decided to go with. Aside from being a bit too narrowly defined on their terminology for this stuff, I can't really find any fault on any of it. It's all just internet bullshit anyway, and as long as no one getting harmed- and I mean, swatted or doxxed or something besides getting bummed out because someone cursed at you*- I can't really get mad at anyone doing this stuff. I'll still snicker at it though.

*And by that I only mean on the level of rude youtube comments and not like, a TERF or Nazi.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Well yeah, they're just obnoxious most of the time. I guess there's some argument to be made that "obnoxious people in identity" leads to "other people writing off said identity as being ONLY obnoxious people," but eh.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

I'm aromantic, I am sexually aroused by benzene.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

There are seven billion of us so it's not that weird that everyone is struggling to form a unique identity.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Trauma Dog 3000 posted:

how do you use a keyboard?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoBmK6U5KEE :nws:

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Puppy Time posted:

I guess there's some argument to be made that "obnoxious people in identity" leads to "other people writing off said identity as being ONLY obnoxious people," but eh.

That argument was made by the last two pages of this thread.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

SpacePig posted:

I can't believe that LoB has tried to stop this train 3 times, and none of those attempts have stuck. Why are people so angry about sexual identity? Like, I get that assigning something like aromanticism to Hugh Hefner is funny, but arguing about whether or not it exists in the first place is stupid. Please stop.

Do you think posts like these continue or stop derails

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Puppy Time posted:

See also vegans/vegetarians/straight edge people/ New Yorkers etc.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Zelder posted:

Do you think posts like these continue or stop derails

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Have some content

And this was on the front page of Imgur as I hosted my original screencap...

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Sarcopenia posted:

This makes me irrationally angry and I'm literally all three.

:same:

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

You left of the end of that Wikipedia description

It also says

And it seems that every other dictionary defines bisexual as two sexes

I don't understand how you think someone's sexuality is an insult to others. Pansexuals are not going around thinking they are better than others. You realize that sexuality isn't a choice, right?
you're both wrong. pan vs bi is a thing because the bi label can have anti-trans baggage attached

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

SpacePig posted:

I just want to know more about the world the third person lives in where ~49% of all humans are PURE EVIL. :psyduck:

I mean, even MRAs usually don't go "Well you see in the end times all women will be destroyed and true men will go to heaven" or anything, it's a level above the usual stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

90% of the posts on the bisexual sub are about supporting "queer" allies, or referring to themselves as "queer", complaining of "biphobia" (I have yet to see an experience of "biphobia" that doesn't actually fall under homophobia, and we need to name the problem here), yada yada... And the overall vibe feels so tense, as libfem tumblr does... Like everybody is walking on eggshells with forced smiles on their faces.

From my understanding, back in the day when lesbian and gay spaces were established and before queer theory became an endemic, bisexual people created our own spaces instead of being invasive, and it is something that has made me proud to know. But now it's become LG & BT... I feel as though we are choosing queer theory over our gay and lesbian brothers and sisters.

I think a lot of it has to do with internalized homophobia and sexism and compulsive heterosexuality... Most of us seem to be heterosexual-partnered and conform to sex-based stereotypes. And many "bi" or "queer" women (it seems to be mostly women) don't seem to be bi, but straight and pressured to fulfill men's sexual fantasies by playing a role of being sexual with women when men are present (lesbian fetishization).

I really feel alone and wish bisexual communities used a feminist framework for understanding ourselves rather than this queer/pomo bullshit. It's ironic... Many bisexuals complain of bi-erasure more from lesbian and gay people, but the reality is that we seem to be erasing ourselves. The B is becoming the Q, the P, and the T. We show no solidarity for our lesbian and gay brothers and sisters, participate on our own erasure and push for the erasure of the LG, and echo sexist ideas. It's heartbreaking.