Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Suaimhneas posted:

I got one from the Lancer dailies yesterday. According to the JP drops spreadsheet they're 165 AP/drop from the 30AP quest.

Edit: At least I'm guessing that's where it came from, I only noticed I had it today but I don't know where else it could have come from. I didn't start playing until after Nerofest so it wasn't from that.

Did you do the vanilla CuCu interlude? I did and got like two from that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Ashsaber posted:

So for the new dailies, are the higher levels more likely to give out gems? Or are items just really rare in general? ?I kinda want to know whether to do like 20 or 40 AP to get chaos claws.

I'd wait for people to collect more data in NA. Japan says 30AP is best for claws but their data-set was super small and it's unclear when they collected it--new enemies are added to these dailies after every story release. It's to the point where if their data there was accurate 30AP would still be worse than what NA collected for running Germania, which could still end up being the case! And likely is, to be honest.

edit: ^ We can't get homunculus babies from the Lancer Daily yet so yeah must have come from an interlude. The enemies for that won't be in the daily until after London.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Wow, you need to complete Fuyuki now for that first Non-Tutorial 10-roll. That's gonna get old fast.

Still, I haven't give up yet.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!

MonsieurChoc posted:

Wow, you need to complete Fuyuki now for that first Non-Tutorial 10-roll. That's gonna get old fast.

Still, I haven't give up yet.

Wtf that's random as hell.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
What do you mean by that? I was literally rerolling this afternoon and it seemed the same.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I got a Claw of Chaos, an Octuplet Crystal, and a Berserker Monument in a single run :stare::fh:

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

How many pages does the Teach interlude drop? I wanna get Waver done but uncle Vlad needs pages too

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

new zerker dalies are good civilization

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Robviously posted:

How many pages does the Teach interlude drop? I wanna get Waver done but uncle Vlad needs pages too

10, I think. It's pretty generous.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I already got 3 Claws from running the 40 AP Daily 4 times. I also got the materials to 3rd Ascend Heracles, so now I only have 3 Servants left that I want to 3rd Ascend: Waver, Cu, and Artoria. Waver will be done immediately when GudaGuda comes, Cu whenever I can work up the effort to do so, and Artoria last because I regret getting her and wish I didn't and so out of spite I'll get around to her eventually.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I want Golem crystals, game.

These are supposed to be the good Dailies. Give 'em.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Tae posted:

What do you mean by that? I was literally rerolling this afternoon and it seemed the same.

You get the free Tutorial roll, and then you need to complete Fuyuki to get enough Quartz to do another 10-roll.

Did it twice and got nothing even worth giving to someone else so gently caress it for tonight.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Yes? Getting enough Quartz to 10 roll off the bat was an opening month promotion thing.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

I want Golem crystals, game.

These are supposed to be the good Dailies. Give 'em.

You will realize eventually that the new dailies are bad too, it's just that the old ones were even worse.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
They can't be bad because I'm actually getting more than one thing that isn't loving QP or a bronze XP card.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

okay, want to make it clear to people:

the new dalies aren't better for specific improvement materials like golem crystals or feathers. They're a consistent way to get something vaguely useful for that class like gems or monuments, while also having a shot at something else. The vast majority of the time you run the 40 AP one you're gonna get something like a monument, piece and maybe a gem at most.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Wow, the berserker 40s are kinda a hassle. Is there anything good in the 30ap, maybe I should focus on that?

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Tired Moritz posted:

Wow, the berserker 40s are kinda a hassle. Is there anything good in the 30ap, maybe I should focus on that?

From my look at Crinopedia yesterday the 30 and 40 APs give the same materials, just likely at different drop rates. This seems to be the case for all the new dailies.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

30ap is better for red skill gems iirc, I could be wrong on that though.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Yup, if you're after a specific thing that isn't a monument or skill gems, there is probably somewhere more efficient to grind it. The dailies are just good for monuments/gems and modest shots at things you'll find useful eventually.

Finally managed to 4th ascend all 5 of my main servants. Now I'm just waiting on halloween and I'll have Hans and Cursed Arm to do once I get some Homonc babies,. Plus ascend George with some pages from Teach. I also want to raise up Medusa, Arash, Caster Cu from the 30s... Probably David, plus whatever servants I get from halloween.

Nevermind all the ascension materials... I need so many embers. :negative:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Should I be spending my Mana Prisms on anything other than Summon Tickets? I'd like to stuff Marie's face with Fous, but do they like do seasonal events where if you don't have a backstock you eat poo poo?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Clawtopsy posted:

Should I be spending my Mana Prisms on anything other than Summon Tickets? I'd like to stuff Marie's face with Fous, but do they like do seasonal events where if you don't have a backstock you eat poo poo?

Seasonal events are only ever sources of mana prisms. There will be limited time offers of insanely expensive CEs for grinding in the mana prism shop, but imo they're not worth going for unless you really have a lot of time to grind.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Clawtopsy posted:

you never use mana prisms for anything other than the mana prism shop. fous and exp cards are a great use of mana prisms, especially as we get into having events monthly that give like 100-200 mana prisms each.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

Yes? Getting enough Quartz to 10 roll off the bat was an opening month promotion thing.

Yeah, but since the tutorial roll apparently can't give you a 5-Star, it's a hassle. *shrug*

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Berserker dailies are a bit tougher than Lancer, but I feel I've gotten into a pretty good rhythm with them with a Robin/Cu/Support Waver team. Basically spend the first two rounds building NP, and then unleash Yew Bow and/or Gae Bolg on the final set of enemies. With an Imaginary Around on Cu and a Formal Craft on Robin (including an Arts boost from that Fate/Extra Mystic Code), they've been able to break 80,000 and 170,000(!) respectively on the last round. I keep a Medea with a Black Grail and an Orion with Kaleidoscope in the wings as a backup, but so far I've not needed them.

So yeah, you could say I'm now convinced of the superiority of single target NPs.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
The Berserker dailes are rough as hell without being able to rely on the crutch of running 6 guys that are strong against the mobs!

I've started doing vlad/caesar/waver, but if the second round rolls stronger mobs like the chimera or a gold berserker it's very unlikely that they all survive with 100% nps for the last round.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Clawtopsy posted:

Get the Fous

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

There's been a new set of Interludes in the JPN version, and one of the most noteworthy NP upgrades is Nightingale's.

It now gives a 50% Atk Down debuff on the entire enemy team, which combined with the 50% NP Dmg Down debuff already on the NP, basically means that Enemy NPs will tickle your party if used on the correct turn.

So for enemies that have Pierce Invulnerability (AKA you can't use Jeanne) Nightingale would be a great slot in instead.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Fous honestly feel too expensive for what they provide. That's 600 prisms or thereabouts a month for maybe 500 more Attack/HP. I feel like I'd rather work on getting up over 10,000 prisms for Mona Lisa/Chaldea Lunchtime (which should happen pretty quickly once prisms in event shops start being a thing), after which any extra after that can be easily spent without worry on Fous.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Managed to beat the 40 AP berserker. Prototype Cu isn't as good, but still good enough with that triple evasion.

All I keep getting is red gems though....

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Pureauthor posted:

There's been a new set of Interludes in the JPN version, and one of the most noteworthy NP upgrades is Nightingale's.

It now gives a 50% Atk Down debuff on the entire enemy team, which combined with the 50% NP Dmg Down debuff already on the NP, basically means that Enemy NPs will tickle your party if used on the correct turn.

So for enemies that have Pierce Invulnerability (AKA you can't use Jeanne) Nightingale would be a great slot in instead.

Keep in mind 50% Atk Down + 50% NP Dmg Down = 75% actual reduction in damage, not 100% as some may assume.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Fous are for making your husbandos/waifu strong. Worth every prism.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

KoldPT posted:

The Berserker dailes are rough as hell without being able to rely on the crutch of running 6 guys that are strong against the mobs!

I've started doing vlad/caesar/waver, but if the second round rolls stronger mobs like the chimera or a gold berserker it's very unlikely that they all survive with 100% nps for the last round.

This is the team I've been using.

Kill the first wave looking to build NP then at the second most buffs get put out including master attack buff on Cat who mulches the second wave with her NP. Then Caesar takes a big chunk out of Lancelot with his NP and it's just a slugfest after that. Works well enough.

I originally tried Ushi instead of Caesar but she was a bit more fragile than the Roman.

A wave clearing NP really helps with the second wave.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

My party was 40 David, 80 support waver, 40 prototype cu. Backup was 40 mash and Hercules. Reliably beat it twice now with this setup.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
My Jeanne is also level 98 now. Took a little to complete Okeanos as I prefer to do 40 AP dailies during my workout to be time efficient with my AP.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

My team for the Berserker daily is Emiya w/ Kaleidoscope, Tamamo w/ Limited Zero Over, and a support lvl 90 Gilgamesh w/ Kaleidoscope. The first two waves die in a couple rounds and for the final wave I chain UBW and Enuma Elish to knock out 2/3 of the boss's HP. Works pretty well.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Galaga Galaxian posted:

This is the team I've been using.

Kill the first wave looking to build NP then at the second most buffs get put out including master attack buff on Cat who mulches the second wave with her NP. Then Caesar takes a big chunk out of Lancelot with his NP and it's just a slugfest after that. Works well enough.

I originally tried Ushi instead of Caesar but she was a bit more fragile than the Roman.

A wave clearing NP really helps with the second wave.

why do you put master george at the back? who is he going to defend when he comes in at the last minute

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Lancerlot np on second wave and the crits should take out half the boss' life.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I use my Waver + Salter (NP2) with Kaleidoscope and a friend Lancelot or Salter (NP3) with Imaginary or Kaleidoscope. I can kill Wave 1 off the bat cause Waver can fill both NP meters with his skills.

Lancelot NP for Wave 2.

Salter NP + Crit Stars for Wave 3. If Lancelot's still alive I have a Herc and Kojiro in the backline to finish him off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Oh yeah, I randomly wound up getting Sakata Kintoki when I pulled on the stage of his Banner that also featured Jeanne so is he at all decent. I assume he's useful enough just for being a 5* Berserker but I'm still wrapping my head around the actual meta right now.