Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Evil Badman posted:

Wow, didn't think I'd see someone I know in the thread. That's Mikey Neumann, formerly of Gearbox Software (writer, voice of Scooter). You should watch his youtube stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHB039JB5_E

I should have recognized him, but some of the quick flashes in the videos make it hard to fix his face in your memory. Seriously, though, watch Movies With Mikey. Gorgeous production values, and his film analyses are bag on. Good stuff!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Mikey Neumann's good people. He calls into the Desert Bus for Hope livestream every year, and gets them auctioning off a few random insanely-rare collector's editions of games he happens to own :unsmith:.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Mikey Neumann's good people. He calls into the Desert Bus for Hope livestream every year, and gets them auctioning off a few random insanely-rare collector's editions of games he happens to own :unsmith:.

Not only that, bit he frequently puts out cries for sanity in his MwM videos. Like his one for The Iron Giant, which he apparently was finishing right when Orlando hit, so he loops back to his film analysis about xenophobia and begs people to just be human and stop the hate, but in his own style. Really got me right in the cardiac fibers.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Can someone find the show notes for me and tell me if they give the ages of these characters? I hope they're not underage.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pfft, that's just some random guy :rolleyes:.

(It's All-Might's true form from My Hero Academia.)

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

That's ... Some real dedication to the costume.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Scaramouche posted:

That's ... Some real dedication to the costume.

What're you talking about, it's clearly just a scratch :confused:.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

I remember seeing a 'how I did it' post a couple years ago about a cosplay of a character with that sort of breastwear, she had used some kind of boobplate painted to match her flesh tone, and the comments were full of dudes getting angry about it.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Holy poo poo this guy made a Garthim from The Dark Crystal

WIP shots:

More photos: http://www.insgrum.com/user/ryan.wells.88/319793512/1293034174584671447_319793512

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Jack is every girl I dated in highschool where I knew better but didn't care.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Mercy cosplayer playing Mercy with Mercy's VA on stage

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ling, Yao and Chien-Po from Disney's Mulan

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

WIP shots:

More photos: http://www.insgrum.com/user/ryan.wells.88/319793512/1293034174584671447_319793512

Holy fuckamoli

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Mercy cosplayer playing Mercy with Mercy's VA on stage

huh, Mercy's VA is hairier than I thought.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Inzombiac posted:

I knew better but didn't care.
MyLoveLife.txt

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

violentlycitrus
Aug 3, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

Jack is every girl I dated in highschool where I knew better but didn't care.

What is this from? I feel like I recognize it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

violentlycitrus posted:

What is this from? I feel like I recognize it.

Mass Effect 2.
Alternate answer: A long history of bad decisions.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

RareAcumen posted:

Beach body Mcree from Overwatch

why does almost everything about this picture look like a bad photoshop job with good post-production

basically this Bill Bailey bit as "cosplay"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8dZwXnMrRU

stringless has a new favorite as of 13:13 on Oct 3, 2017

jmistajay
Aug 28, 2012

Mango chutney salsa!

FFT posted:

why does almost everything about this picture look like a bad photoshop job with good post-production

basically this Bill Bailey bit as "cosplay"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8dZwXnMrRU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Overwatch crossplay
https://twitter.com/kakimari/status/904075085652398080

https://www.instagram.com/m42sc/

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
looks like a painting

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
You can't tell in this light, but it's actually an oil painting from a Japanese Renaissance artist. He was ahead of his time. It hangs right next to the Mona Lisa.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

I think I've seen enough Jack cosplay to ask - Do they make official pre-tattooed body suits/sleeves, or is everyone customizing sleeves? If the second, how? Sharpie?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

violent sex idiot posted:

looks like a painting

I'd say it looks more like something you'd find airbrushed onto the side of a van (it's from the Witchblade anime, incidentally).

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Donnerberg posted:

You can't tell in this light, but it's actually an oil painting from a Japanese Renaissance artist. He was ahead of his time. It hangs right next to the Mona Lisa.

Not enough farting samurai. Samurais? I dunno the plural but there's not enough of them.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

CzarChasm posted:

I think I've seen enough Jack cosplay to ask - Do they make official pre-tattooed body suits/sleeves, or is everyone customizing sleeves? If the second, how? Sharpie?

You can take a skin-tone body suit and use fabric paint. It's much more reasonable than painting your actual skin and expecting it to remain for more than... 15 minutes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CzarChasm posted:

Some have done makeup on skin (presumably for controlled photo shoots and not for walking around a convention), some stencil and airbrush, some hand tracing, I'm sure by now there have been printed suits since that became such a big thing.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

That seems like a cool cosplay but I have no idea who they are or what it's from.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

robziel posted:

That seems like a cool cosplay but I have no idea who they are or what it's from.

One of the characters from the anime Kemono Friends (Shoebill, I think).

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah that's Shoebill, she was only in one episode but nerds are gonna nerd.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Shoebill got memed pretty hard because of her grumpy face.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
And because the hair is cute as hell. I'm surprised it works so well on a real person, I figured it'd be one of those drawing-only ones

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
Ahh thank you, I've heard of that show but never watched it.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

WIP shots:

He also made a Starship Troopers bug that I love

He's Cosplay of Ryan Wells on facebook