Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.

iospace posted:

Get Robin Miller to do grid runs.

Really, get anyone who isn't an rear end in a top hat so Naomi Campbell or Serena Williams will actually talk to them.

Edit: poo poo, it was Venus, never mind. Who was the other celebrity who snubbed him recently?

McGuinty fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Oct 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Theophany posted:

I fear that a successful career as an engineer has passed me by.

It took staring at that (very good) illustration for me to finally get the joke. In fact, I think I had to try as hard as Theophany did reading poty's political thing. I don't understand why the comedian (lol) would focus on his nose instead of his very obviously Minecraft-square head. :thejoke:

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

I cut the cable 2 months ago. Don't miss it. I was DVR'ing 90% of the races anyway.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Basticle posted:

I'll go out of my way to watch an illegal C4 or Irish broadcast that's for sure

As far as I remember, Eir Sport broadcasts C4's commentary?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

CratSock posted:

It took staring at that (very good) illustration for me to finally get the joke. In fact, I think I had to try as hard as Theophany did reading poty's political thing. I don't understand why the comedian (lol) would focus on his nose instead of his very obviously Minecraft-square head. :thejoke:

It's like that old adage about how explaining a joke is like dissecting a frog. The comedian in question is more about immediate shock humour, but there was a degree of nuance I've no doubt I've inferred and overstated when the comedian's original intent was basically 'lol his Square head <insert sexual reference>'.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

:coolfish:

Powershift posted:

Welcome to Canada's hell.

You're going to have the same loving stupid acura loving commerical 6 loving times in a row every 10 minutes during the loving race.

lol seriously why the hell doesn't TSN mix it up? Acura can't surely have the only interest in buying ad space or maybe they're the only ones interested in doing the PiP style that TSN does and everyone else wants full screen ads.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'll miss the CNBC commercial about making GBS threads in a box and mailing it to a lab

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

RIP Myrddin_Emrys, truly the best and worst of this thread. And creator of the "Are Rossie" phrase. You will be missed friend.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Theophany posted:

It's like that old adage about how explaining a joke is like dissecting a frog. The comedian in question is more about immediate shock humour, but there was a degree of nuance I've no doubt I've inferred and overstated when the comedian's original intent was basically 'lol his Square head <insert sexual reference>'.

That's what bugs me the most... dolphins aren't square.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Maybe, just maybe, an order could come down from on high for Croft and Brundle to drop the bias and actually bwahahahahah I can't even finish that thought

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Wait what happens with Monaco since the one racing thing that ABC/ESPN is deep in promoting is the Indy 500

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I am really bummed about DIffey Matchett and Hobbo not commentating any more. No other broadcast I saw was as good as them. Maybe I didn't give the BBC a chance? I seriously seriously do not want to watch Crofty and Brundle for two hours uninterrupted every weekend. This is a major step backward for F1. Never thought I'd say it, but bring back Bernie.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

exploded mummy posted:

Wait what happens with Monaco since the one racing thing that ABC/ESPN is deep in promoting is the Indy 500

It gets aired in the morning like normal?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I am really bummed about DIffey Matchett and Hobbo not commentating any more. No other broadcast I saw was as good as them. Maybe I didn't give the BBC a chance? I seriously seriously do not want to watch Crofty and Brundle for two hours uninterrupted every weekend. This is a major step backward for F1. Never thought I'd say it, but bring back Bernie.

It'll be ok.

Once Palmer is arseholed out and Lewis gives up on F1 to become a Prince impersonator they'll either commit ritual suicide or calm down and start commentating properly.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

4 wheel drive starting 2021 is beeing discussed. Petrol engine driving the rear, electro the front, no more MGU-H. I'm all for it, exactly the same as my car.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

still lmbo that the hill Myrddin_Emrys chose to die on was "Lowtax is a bastard for making fun of Nazis"

and also that he reported iospace once

and he was a rosberg fan

lmao

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C9hOtchZD8

Charlie Whiting is so incompetent and literally seems to barely have any idea what he's doing, it is so loving cringe worthy

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

People complaining about commentary lol I had Murray/Hunt/Brundle era, no fucker complained, did someone mention big whiney babies somewhere?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

djssniper posted:

People complaining about commentary lol I had Murray/Hunt/Brundle era, no fucker complained, did someone mention big whiney babies somewhere?

Yeah, they all pooped their diapers while typing out those gay posts those stupid gay babys lmao

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ban the rest of the Rosberg apoligists too, IMO.

Also, RIP Chloe Stroll av.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

tuo posted:

4 wheel drive starting 2021 is beeing discussed. Petrol engine driving the rear, electro the front, no more MGU-H. I'm all for it, exactly the same as my car.

The MGU-H is the most interesting part of it, and is what is allowing merc to reach 50% thermal efficiency.

A simple turbo 4 on the back and electric motor on the front would probably make it easier for new entries though.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
4WD F1 cars will drastically change the driving line up and really show who has the attitude and work ethic to get on top fo basically relearning everything they've ever known about car control.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Also I'd rather they didn't.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The Japanese sports app I get also has F1 so I've been enjoying that as of late, certainly a drat site better than the SkyF1 team.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
4wd has been working pretty well in LMP1 for a little while.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

4wd has been working pretty well in LMP1 for a little while.

Yeah the LMP1 class is really thriving lmbo

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Oh gently caress yes the F1 channel just posted one of my favourite F1 battles of all time! Nobody ever seems to remember or talk about this but its that last lap fight between Big Bobby K and Massa in his Prime at Fuji in the wet. I still remember watching this live and just going holy poo poo every time they punted each other off track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnxUu36-uYw

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

NtotheTC posted:

still lmbo that the hill Myrddin_Emrys chose to die on was "Lowtax is a bastard for making fun of Nazis"

and also that he reported iospace once

and he was a rosberg fan

lmao

I just read the thread, thats not why he got banned at all.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

The Unfetered One posted:

I just read the thread, thats not why he got banned at all.

Did Claire Williams ban him?

Edit: Woops, totally forgot, know what I mean Fellas

djssniper fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Oct 4, 2017

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
rain racing is the loving best holy gently caress.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Wirth1000 posted:

Oh gently caress yes the F1 channel just posted one of my favourite F1 battles of all time! Nobody ever seems to remember or talk about this but its that last lap fight between Big Bobby K and Massa in his Prime at Fuji in the wet. I still remember watching this live and just going holy poo poo every time they punted each other off track

this is so cool

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Be quiet!

SERIOUSLY

EVERYONE SHUT THE gently caress UP

If you listen closely you can hear Grosjean complaining about the conditions in this race.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

McGuinty posted:

Back two dumptrucks full of money up to Danny O'Dwyer and Drew Scanlon's respective houses. At least they would be entertaining and have an excuse for making the odd error in driver identification. Drive another 3 dumptrucks full of money directly to Are Jense and get him to do pitwalk/gridwalk/touchscreen/notebook. Make sure he always has a drink in his hand, Julian-from-Trailer-Park-Boys-style.

I'd put money towards that Patreon

EDIT: Also LOL at Americans having to suffer with Brundle and Crofty, especially Brundle's bitterness over Palmer and his cringe worthy Grid Walks

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The best grid walks come from a old dude in sweatpants running down the grid while the camera crew struggles to keep up.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

We need a drunk Jense gridwalk before every race.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

Be quiet!

SERIOUSLY

EVERYONE SHUT THE gently caress UP

If you listen closely you can hear Grosjean complaining about the conditions in this race.

I don't normally get on board bashing outspoken drivers especially when it comes to safety concerns and such. I mean I'm a huge Sir Jackie fan....

...but holy gently caress does Grosjean actually finally define someone that really does whine way, way too much and really should just "get on with it" as they say!

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Wirth1000 posted:

dont doxx my morning commute

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Spicy take: I actually quite like current Fuji Speedway, it's a very nice place to watch motor racing and I'm excited to head there again for the WEC in a couple weeks. Also watching that lap there is so much temporary grandstand seating up at Fuji there, they must've had a ton of people. Understandable but still massive compared to how many people go for the next-biggest event.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Powershift posted:

We need a drunk Jense gridwalk before every race.

I think Liberty has an opening for you in their ideas/marketing department

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I liked the Brundle grid walks because you can watch people treat him like poo poo

• Locked thread