Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
AR Fox died for our sins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

loving hell, that was one of the most intense, and easily one of the nastiest matches I've seen in a long, long time. All the stuff with the glass panes, Fox looking to have a large gash on his back, him losing part of his skin (or hopefully just some board piece covered in blood) on the gurney, drat that was sick to watch. Loved watching this, but I'm not sure I'll ever want to rewatch it.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

That was insane. Most intense Lucha Underground match in a while.

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!
Jesus Christ. I had heard this match was crazy when it was filmed, but watching it now, these guys are absolutely insane. Aside from all of the glass theatrics, just stuff like that apron leg drop from the audience or the casual 450 onto the ladder are just jaw dropping.

And I'm curious about Infamous, Inc., too. I hope it doesn't go down the standard "forced employee" road, a la HBK/JBL. Because the only time that poo poo worked was a sobbing Big Show punching out Dusty Rhodes.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Even the crowd seemed like more stunned and saddened by it, like it was so violent even the believers weren't on board.

Great match but it almost feels superfluous to have these two guys do hardcore spotfests. Like, it was sick but you can drop anyone through a plate of glass and you got two incredible talents here.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ar fox is the loving king

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Even the crowd seemed like more stunned and saddened by it, like it was so violent even the believers weren't on board.

Great match but it almost feels superfluous to have these two guys do hardcore spotfests. Like, it was sick but you can drop anyone through a plate of glass and you got two incredible talents here.

El Jefe loves violence, it's not superfluous to him!

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

folks I think there's some symbolism in Killshot carrying Fox to the medical evac

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mob posted:

folks I think there's some symbolism in Killshot carrying Fox to the medical evac

Let's not talk about the chances of season 4 during Ultima Lucha ok

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Finally got caught up after the Cueto Cup killed my desire to watch this show.

Jesus Christ that Hell of War match. I've gotten a tiny piece of glass in my foot and it ruined my week. I can't imagine taking multiple huge bumps into glass. Both guys are maniacs but Fox takes hatred of is own body to new heights.

Probably the best thing in all of Season 3 because it was a long story that built to a great match that ended the feud. At least I never really cared about Texano so his UL match being setup for a story that will never happen won't bother me.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Texano is fun and good, actually.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
loving hell that was insane. Loved that not even the referee could handle his bs at some points.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I was trying to save all 4 parts of Ultima Lucha to watch in one sitting, but after hearing Dave and Bryan talk about the Fox/Killshot match I broke down and watched it...

and HOLY gently caress that match.

I did love Fox threatening the ref into helping him setup the pane of glass, that was great. So many cool moves: the Spanish Fly cutoff they almost botched, and that sick DDT Killshot gave him when he was caught up in the ropes in the corner.

I think the spot I actually screamed on wasn't the glass or barbed wire but the hosed up suplex out of the ring where it looked like one guy just got his neck totally cranked.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Ultima Lucha continues tonight with Fenix/Marty Mask vs. Hair (over/under on worried Melissa camera shots set at 8), a Battle Royale for a unique opportunity which we may or may not ever find out, and Ivelisse vs. Catrina in the match that was announced like a year ago and literally never mentioned since then.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Pimpi... :allears:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Mil Muertes in a suit :allears:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Jeeeeeeesus she's busted open...

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Well, that match reminded me why Catrina washed out of NXT. Ivelisse was basically wrestling herself.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Fenix is real good at bleeding

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Oh gently caress I'm marking out hard.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Finish was a bit corny but I can't hate on a good ol' fashioned "rasslin' heel loses his hair" story

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Ultima Lucha Tres brought to you by Modelo O Negative.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That was WAY better than I expected. Also someone please gif Crying Bearded Dude.

Are Fenix and Melissa a legit item? If not she's a pretty good actress, and if so Fenix is a lucky man.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I believe she's still dating They Call Him Cage

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Senator Giroux posted:

I believe she's still dating They Call Him Cage

Ah I thought I remembered her posting something that alluded to him cheating or something.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Ah I thought I remembered her posting something that alluded to him cheating or something.

Yeah, she called him out (about a year ago, actually) and apparently they worked it out. She's pregnant with his machine baby, apparently.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Yeah, she called him out (about a year ago, actually) and apparently they worked it out. She's pregnant with his machine baby, apparently.

she's gonna give birth to a healthy and happy tub of creatine

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Well dang, good for them!

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I'm interested to see Mack tagging with a heavily taped Killshot and Dante Fox's corpse.

So Pentagon - Son of Havoc is next week which means that the winner can cash in the gift of the gods right away and insert himself into the title match on the 18th

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I hope Mack and Killshot do all the wrestling while Dante's dead body is propped up on the apron, Weekend at Bernie's style.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I hope they use him as a weapon.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
They should spin him around until all the glass in Fox's body shoots into Drago's scales, reversing hte spell's polarity.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Benne posted:

Well, that match reminded me why Catrina washed out of NXT. Ivelisse was basically wrestling herself.
Considering how much wrestling Catrina has done since, that came as no surprise.

Very disappointed that they didn't take the interesting route of Ivelisse running away with the rock.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

frankenfreak posted:

Considering how much wrestling Catrina has done since, that came as no surprise.

Very disappointed that they didn't take the interesting route of Ivelisse running away with the rock.

I don't think LU can afford Dwayne Johnson.

I appreciate blood in big matches occasionally but the last couple weeks have overdone it a bit for me. Too much man on woman violence as well. This is the darkest year of our luchadventures.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I was wondering what got the mat so bloody during last week's show and we got the answer :stare:

Also, really interesting route they took to the go-to booking of "all black guys team up." The writing absolutely fell apart this season.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

LobsterMobster posted:

she's gonna give birth to a healthy and happy tub of creatine

Don't let it get near John Cena!

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I was wondering what got the mat so bloody during last week's show and we got the answer :stare:

Also, really interesting route they took to the go-to booking of "all black guys team up." The writing absolutely fell apart this season.

Well, Killshot and the Mack were both part of Big Ryck's faction when they debuted on Lucha Underground. It's not totally out of left-field to team them up.

And saddling the Mack with two badly-injured wrestlers that hate each other as his tag partners against a fresh team who currently hold the title is the kind of dick move Dario Cueto is famous for.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Quiet Python posted:

And saddling the Mack with two badly-injured wrestlers that hate each other as his tag partners against a fresh team who currently hold the title is the kind of dick move Dario Cueto is famous for.
That's really all there is to it and anything else is overthinking this.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

frankenfreak posted:

That's really all there is to it and anything else is overthinking this.

Yeah it's just Cueto having fun loving people over

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Oct 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Tonight is Part 3 of Ultima Lucha and also the penultimate episode for LU as a whole. The good news is that it's a stacked card this week.

-- The Mack, Killshot and Dante Fox's Dead Body vs. the Lizard People for the Trios titles

-- Sexy Star vs. Taya in a Last Lucharora Standing match (hopefully with no shoot armbars involved)

-- Pentagon Dark vs. Son of Havoc in a LAAAAAAADERRRRRRRR MAAAAAAAAAATTCCCCHHH for Gift of the Gods

• Locked thread