Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
words have meanings, actions have consequences

choose both wisely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Konohana Kitan seems nice enough, it's pretty and calm and the head attendant is cute. Still not really into the character designs generally, Yuzu's shocked diamond mouth is pretty great though

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Knorth posted:

Konohana Kitan seems nice enough, it's pretty and calm and the head attendant is cute. Still not really into the character designs generally, Yuzu's shocked diamond mouth is pretty great though

You might like Big Windup, it's full of diamond mouths and duck faces :>

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Juuni Taisen is quite some edge indeed.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Wasn't there another cute comedy show with weird mouths? Not diamonds, but like teardrops or that kind of thing.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Moltrey posted:

[watches a well animated 24 minute program with perhaps an overdone premise but has potential] hmm yes, quite similar to a crashed locomotive that might have killed or harmed others

interested in urahara, friends have told me it's good so ill probably watch that tonight

Look, we've got a bunch of murderous freaks trying to kill each other in bizarre and gruesome ways. If this doesn't end in a hideous screaming mass of tangled wreckage, I will not feel that I have received my money's worth.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I want them to talk put their differences and end on neutral or friendly terms.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

chumbler posted:

I want them to talk put their differences and end on neutral or friendly terms.

Monkey is probably the most hosed up one outta them all!

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Wasn't there another cute comedy show with weird mouths? Not diamonds, but like teardrops or that kind of thing.

Minami-ke.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i hope the fake rear end friendly ape gets shot

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

if anyone wants to make a konohana kitan thread, i offer up my thread title services free of charge

Konohana Kitan: CGDCT - Canidae Girls Doing Canidae Things

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I hope they go the very predictable path of the Ox guy Boar kept talking up wins it

im not just saying that cause he's the most bishonen i promise

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Moltrey posted:

I hope they go the very predictable path of the Ox guy Boar kept talking up wins it

im not just saying that cause he's the most bishonen i promise

whats this now

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the main character of juuni taisen's first ep says that this guy is the fan-favorite to win the battle royale and is like the only person she speaks highly of

i just like his look

e: okay the image wont link but just google juuni taisen ox, he's the long hair noble boy

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Talking about conflicts being resolved by handsome people just talking has got me thinking about ACCA again.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

chumbler posted:

Talking about conflicts being resolved by handsome people just talking has got me thinking about ACCA again.

its got me thinking about my own life

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I dunno if I'll end up watching much of Urahara but I really like how it looks, and the characters seem sweet

https://files.catbox.moe/uba9zg.webm

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I'll watch the liquor couple anime in a bit, but I'm torn about the localized name.

It doesn't seem accurate, but it is cute.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
cuteness > accuracy in every situation

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Knorth posted:

I dunno if I'll end up watching much of Urahara but I really like how it looks, and the characters seem sweet

It has such a simple, breezy premise yet it feels weirdly plodding. I hope the show eventually finds its grove cause I really want to like it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

an actual dog posted:

It has such a simple, breezy premise yet it feels weirdly plodding. I hope the show eventually finds its grove cause I really want to like it.

I originally saw that as genre and not groove. Both seem accurate.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i dunno if infinit force will grab a wide audience but it totally hits the mark for me. some of the best-looking cg anime has been graced with, writing that is overdone just enough in the right ways, and a vibe like tatsunoko mashed up an otome game with a toku show.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
[quote="“Strange Quark”" post="“477063144”"]
whats this now
[/quote]

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Xelkelvos posted:

I originally saw that as genre and not groove. Both seem accurate.

It's supposed to be a silly magical girl thing but the tone was wildly off lol.

So many cool designs tho. The fried shrimp mascot was brilliant.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I kind of thought the magical girl stuff was the weakest part of the episode, I'd probably be completely down for watching more if it was just about them making and selling clothes and desserts, and skateboarding around Harajuku feeding cats

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

dogsicle posted:

i dunno if infinit force will grab a wide audience but it totally hits the mark for me. some of the best-looking cg anime has been graced with, writing that is overdone just enough in the right ways, and a vibe like tatsunoko mashed up an otome game with a toku show.

Sold

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Lemon-Lime posted:

You can make 99% of proper cocktails at home, you just need to own a handful of common spirits and mixers. Just adding milk to whisky or Kahlua isn't making cocktails. :v:

That's cream to vodka and kahlua, and it is a classy drink.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

they set up the mc's dissatisfaction with life by showing her as she crosses out words like "happy" and "family" in the dictionary. later someone asks her what kanji her name is written with and it's the character for laughter. also gatchaman mostly exists in the show to get owned for being an old man, because his series is the oldest of the four represented.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

dogsicle posted:

if anyone wants to make a konohana kitan thread, i offer up my thread title services free of charge

Konohana Kitan: CGDCT - Canidae Girls Doing Canidae Things

I appreciate this

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

thanks for talking about it because it's a fun show and I'm gonna watch it

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Freakazoid_ posted:

I'm more a fan of vodka, amaretto, and cream. (The Godfather).

It's tasty.

Sadly. I can't drink cream anymore.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

amaretto is good but i don't need a cocktail, i'll drink it straight

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Spiced rum, kahlua and cream is pretty delicious

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

you present a compelling case

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

rat is also pretty cute, he's a very sleepy boy

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

dogsicle posted:

amaretto is good but i don't need a cocktail, i'll drink it straight

I tried drinking amaretto straight once and it was gross.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
tequila is like the one thing I can't do easily enough. one time a woman at a bar bought me a shot of expensive Patrón and i just felt bad for her

im a garbage young person so i mostly just drink cheap 40s

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Knorth posted:

This looks neat as heck. Gonna watch.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Urahara looks really really pretty and unique, but the first episode seemed too slow and exposition-y. I really hope it'll fall into place better going forward because seriously just look at that aesthetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Freakazoid_ posted:

• Locked thread