Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Slow_Moe posted:

I think you're right with the good intentions initially. But when they started shoving out stretch goals like crazy, that's when it ventured into scam territory. I think crobbers is just the right kind of sleazy to get in on it when it's happening, but not sleazy enough to start out as a scammer. After all, the backers will never know...

You've got the sleazy almost right I think.

Chris Roberts is sleazy enough that once SC started to venture into the "maybe I should stop now..." territory, he said gently caress it and went for broke like an addict with no morals who'd do anything for their next hit.

His conscience is clearly dead. And that's sad. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

You skipped the best part where he claims to have called NMSbeing a failure because he “thoroughly evaluated” Sean’s body language and could tell he was fake. This is at the 1;00 mark.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
[quote="“A Neurotic Corncob”" post="“477053473”"]
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/749xey/cig_just_backed_their_first_kickstarter_in_over/
https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/cig

[/quote]

I hope the backers like seeing their money funneled into other scams now. :

I'm sure they'll ignore it though. It's not like there aren't 42,000,000 other reasons that bring up red flags they chose to ignore.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
[quote="“hot balls man no homo”" post="“477055000”"]
Well they did get this out of it:

I mean how the gently caress do you spend this much cash on a sweater?

[/quote]

It's real easy. Once money comes at you like air, you lose the value of it. It's real easy to throw money away at that point at whatever because you just don't care.

When you have children like Chris Roberts and Sandi at the helm of so much money, there's little doubt in me they've lost their head about it a few years ago. Right now they're in full on "I'm a rockstar!" mode.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
Star fighter matches in battlefront 2 are an absolute blast. I'm just wrecking people with my thrustmaster wharthog. Got a 20 kill streak and basically get top kills in every match I've played.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Finally caught up again. I'll say gently caress cancer, and also jesus christ you glorious bastards. Love the new thread title.

Also I want a good sig, but i'm also arutistically challenged so that'll never happen :rip:

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Warhawk109 posted:

Star fighter matches in battlefront 2 are an absolute blast. I'm just wrecking people with my thrustmaster wharthog. Got a 20 kill streak and basically get top kills in every match I've played.

You better not play with my heart like that. It's been too long since we had a good star wars game with a worthy joystick implementation

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Just stop

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Yeah, yeah, every penny towards development. Save it for the judge Mrs. Roberts. Now llama ask you some questions about the Alpaca farm, and you're gonna tell me truth. gently caress me? Alright John, turn the interrogation lamp back on. Yeah we're gonna sweater, see if this little bird changes her tune.

This little yarn of yours sure is unrevalling, Sandra.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Sure is unrevalling.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Combat Theory posted:

You better not play with my heart like that. It's been too long since we had a good star wars game with a worthy joystick implementation

I wouldn't say it's good. Takes a bit of tinkering. Had to turn off roll in the setting for instance since it constantly tries to fight with you. I also get a weird glitch every now and then where I have to recenter with the Xbox controller. Still a load of fun.

Edit: also can't really rebind any of the buttons as far as I can tell.

Warhawk109 fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Oct 5, 2017

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
battlefront 2 is fuckin fun, been running around the beta for awhile

the shoot feel and responsiveness is pretty goddamn spot on and the new class system is p neato. also yay to fuckin no more rando pickups

also it really looks and sounds like a star wars battle

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
:lol:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
and divinity OS2 is probably my favorite rpg since...well since a long time. Pillars was great but I think the first several hours of DOS2 really shines brighter

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

TheAgent posted:

battlefront 2 is fuckin fun, been running around the beta for awhile

the shoot feel and responsiveness is pretty goddamn spot on and the new class system is p neato. also yay to fuckin no more rando pickups

also it really looks and sounds like a star wars battle

Yea it's a great game. Excellent graphics as well, I have everything on ultra on my 3 year old machine and get good frame rates too. Star fighter battle is much better than the first game, loved that they removed those dumb "do a barrel roll" abilities.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I started D:OS2 but I tried loading it up again and it kept getting stuck on trying to load Reapers Coast. :( Did that get fixed for anyone?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
DOS1 was good but often clunky from what I've been told, and DOS2 really fixed most problems. I've backed both on KS, but I haven't taken the time to play yet :negative:

GW2, Stellaris and FF14 sucking all my gaming time.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Warhawk109 posted:

Yea it's a great game. Excellent graphics as well, I have everything on ultra on my 3 year old machine and get good frame rates too. Star fighter battle is much better than the first game, loved that they removed those dumb "do a barrel roll" abilities.
yeap, you're actually able to fly and maneuver a lot easier. the space maps are way, way loving better this time around too

I think this and BF1 will be my go to "shoot things mindlessly for hours" games

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
if y'all wanna play without preorderin

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefront/comments/748cud/psa_ea_support_gives_out_pc_beta_keys_to_everyone/

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

TheAgent posted:

yeap, you're actually able to fly and maneuver a lot easier. the space maps are way, way loving better this time around too

I think this and BF1 will be my go to "shoot things mindlessly for hours" games

It's fun, not keen on the loving constant leaves blowing around and a billion proceduraly generated birds flying around though when in the fps bit. Maybe it's just that map in particular but gently caress they've gone overboard with the constant *lovely floaty crap in front of your face all the time* thing.

Other than that, it seems quite fun especially piloting the standard Tie fighter. :)

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Is it possible for a scam to jump the shark?

Or rather jump the whale

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

TheAgent posted:

and divinity OS2 is probably my favorite rpg since...well since a long time. Pillars was great but I think the first several hours of DOS2 really shines brighter
:yossame:

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Wow, this sent me the key before I even got the confirmation e-mail that I had submitted a support ticket. Thanks!

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Because this is the highest fidelity alpaca wool in the world and it should be accessible to everyone.

Huh. Guess you guys dont like alpacas.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

OK

Stop what?

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Virtual Captain posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtrgOUVMr6I

From youtube transcript:
2:42 - "Star Citizen is not having anywhere near the problems that No Man's Sky is; in fact just the absolute opposite"
He's not wrong. Star Citizen has way more problems.

5:16 - "Star Citizen is already loaded to the brim with features"
:psyduck:

10:30 - "We might be able to do a type of trapping system, because we already have boxes that persist in the game like cargo."
boredgamer often goes off into fantasy land, we thought that was the extremity of such delusions. This guy is off the scale.

he claims most of the features he was excited for in NMS are in SC and i was all like "sc has features?!?!?! :eyepoop:"

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
:lesnick: letting us know the sort of quality that has always been present in Chris Roberts' games.
https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/915698456664010752

eta: Bah, bloody thing doesn't display the linked tweet. Screenshot for posterity:

Sunswipe fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Oct 5, 2017

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Dogeh posted:

OK

Stop what?

I think he wants Mirificus to stop posting things for us to laugh at. Or maybe he's Autorottentater and doesn't want anyone to see that he got owned.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Sunswipe posted:

:lesnick: letting us know the sort of quality that has always been present in Chris Roberts' games.

:headshakingslowly:

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i'm the guy who thinks sc will have the best hunting of all time ever despite having played the current build :downs:

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.
Okay. I just read through over three thousand stupid posts. No offense to any of the many stupid posters. Obviously, nothing is currently happening (at least as revealed to the public) in regards to CIG's ultimate downfall and likely bankruptcy in the last month.

I'm tired of monitoring this thread. Hopefully Croberts & Co. will do something incredibly stupid so we can all talk about that stupidity instead of Derek's obvious autistic insanity or loving lovely anime or Rick & Morty or whatever....

Until then, if any of the corporate entities file any papers and anyone wants some color on that (from a lawyer's non-lawyer perspective), please shoot me a PM.

Otherwise, I'm loving out. You fuckers be craycray....

Peace out!

doge tax:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I only pop in when the thread title changes

Speaking of, nice one pgabz

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sunswipe posted:

eta: Bah, bloody thing doesn't display the linked tweet. Screenshot for posterity:

L oh loving L

Never change CR never ever change.

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

The Titanic posted:

You've got the sleazy almost right I think.

Chris Roberts is sleazy enough that once SC started to venture into the "maybe I should stop now..." territory, he said gently caress it and went for broke like an addict with no morals who'd do anything for their next hit.

His conscience is clearly dead. And that's sad. :(

He definitely strikes me as a man who lacks moral fibre. I get the impression that, while he's a nightmare boss to his underlings, he gets absolutely steamrolled by Sandi and Ortwin. It may have gone down as you said, but I think it's also possible that he genuinely did want to make a game (competence notwithstanding) but got steamrolled by Sandi's aspirations and maybe (pure speculation here) Ortwin/Sandi's desire to drastically monetise the game's crowdfunding. When I see him talk about sales or ships he doesn't seem hugely enthusiastic about it; sometimes he almost seems reticent about it (not that it stops him, of course).

Basically i'm saying he seems to me as either someone too weak to resist temptation or too weak to stop his equals from steamrolling him. Either way, not what you want in a project leader.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Abuminable posted:

I think he wants Mirificus to stop posting things for us to laugh at. Or maybe he's Autorottentater and doesn't want anyone to see that he got owned.

To be honest, I don't read most of the reddit stuff, I wait and see if anyone singles out something particularly stupid. The ability to just not read things you're not interested in seems to be a rare one.

Percelus posted:

i'm the guy who thinks sc will have the best hunting of all time ever despite having played the current build :downs:

I think the hunt for Ortwin when he disappears with the money will be quite good. Maybe Star Citizen will find it's true form as an augmented reality game where backers from across the world work together to try and get some money back. The main enemy is goons spreading rumours like "Ortwin was totally seen withdrawing a pile of cash from a bank in Neasdon. Anyone who can get there today can probably catch him."

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

TheAgent posted:

Stop hyping up games I want to play but can't afford. :argh:

Between this, Stellaris, and now BF2, I kinda hate you.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

L oh loving L

Never change CR never ever change.

Guys how come whenever I try to board my Idris it crashes to desktop with a CD read error?

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Toops should sue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
This bodes very well for my three legged underwear kickstarter. Sandi might not back, but I know Crobber, Ben, and Lando sure will.