Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

In retrospect, Dangerfield is a top bloke and I wish him will in his future endeavours

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

NTRabbit posted:

Supposedly he got his initial offer, went out and put himself up for auction and Melbourne made the best offer, he took that back to the Crows, the CBA happened and they made a better offer and a number of other players restructured their deals with paycuts to fit it in, then he took that to Melbourne who upped their offer, which he took back to the Crows and said beat it or I'm leaving. The players who took the paycuts to keep him were very unimpressed.

Fair enough, these guys often only have a short career so good luck to him to get the most out of it before his reconstructed knee goes full Morabito

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
I'm just loving that the further we get into this the more it looks as though he's a selfish disruptive trainwreck and that Melbourne are on the hook to deal with his poo poo

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Jake the Snake will fix the culture problem left behind by Jack Watts

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I reckon it would be pretty embarrassing rocking up on day one of pre-season and getting introduced to Jones, Viney, Petracca et al and knowing that you're getting paid more than all of them.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Lever having amassed a colossal 1 (one) Brownlow vote in his career

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Watts out Stringer in, have him, Lever, Bugg, Vince, Lewis, Oliver all line up round 1, the good bloke brigade

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

If he had just done the true Adelaide thing and dissolved his old gear in a barrel none of this would have happened

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

Watts out Stringer in, have him, Lever, Bugg, Vince, Lewis, Oliver all line up round 1, the good bloke brigade

You could give Hodge his farewell tour as well.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Solemn Sloth posted:

If he had just done the true Adelaide thing and dissolved his old gear in a barrel none of this would have happened

:eyepop:

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

hiddenmovement posted:

I'm just loving that the further we get into this the more it looks as though he's a selfish disruptive trainwreck and that Melbourne are on the hook to deal with his poo poo

I don't really see it that way at all, IMO he's handled himself professionally and Adelaide have looked childish and petty. Their statement, the story about Tex Walker calling him to spray him, and the Adelaide list bloke closing his laptop and walking out of a meeting made them come across horrendously I reckon.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Shmoses posted:

I don't really see it that way at all, IMO he's handled himself professionally and Adelaide have looked childish and petty. Their statement, the story about Tex Walker calling him to spray him, and the Adelaide list bloke closing his laptop and walking out of a meeting made them come across horrendously I reckon.

I agree, but think both parties look pretty bad. Adelaide look worse though, because they are a club full of grown men and not just one young (grown) man.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Lever called Walker, and the story about Reid closing his laptop and walking out sounds like a twitter fanfic

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I'm happy that they are dummy spitting and playing hard ball rather than doing what they normally do which is 'gently caress nothing'.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Shmoses posted:

I agree. It's a pretty bad look and it's no wonder Sloane wants out of that shithole

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Lot of Big Footy tier speculation going in this thread atm.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

NTRabbit posted:

In retrospect, Dangerfield is a top bloke and I wish him will in his future endeavours

:O

But yeah Patty's cool

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Stuart Dew appointed Gold Coast coach

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS

Solemn Sloth posted:

Lmfao

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I picked up a neat book called Time and Space by James Coventry which covers how Aussie rules tactics have evolved since inception. I got it partly because I don't actually know poo poo about AFL tactics, but what's cool is all the rule exploits teams constantly came up with that shaped the game, like when Carlton abused the fact there was no minimum distance for marks by prodding the ball with their foot into someone's hands, or when a visionary realized that while everyone played in the spirit of the offside rule because it was Gentlemanly, the rule wasn't actually codified, so he had all his players dash past a stunned Melbourne with the ball.

Lotta good blokes around those times too.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Barry Hall figured out you could just fully punch another player in the head

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Things like the flick pass amuses me.

I see things like what you might call the "scoop tap" which can be effective but I sometimes think that's getting close to throwing.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

Shmoses posted:

Stuart Dew appointed Gold Coast coach

Crazy that this is the job he's finally taken.

Solemn Sloth posted:

lol

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Solemn Sloth posted:

Another quote to take this all the way to the bank.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Menzel is gone from the crows apparently

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Friend saw Crameri at the Bulldogs B&F, looking very fit and happy. It sounds like we are tossing up between moving him & Honeychurch on and he's the one that we want to keep.

The Deadly Hume posted:

I see things like what you might call the "scoop tap" which can be effective but I sometimes think that's getting close to throwing.

And we don't have enough of that going on.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

gay picnic defence posted:

Source?

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Devon Smith has nominated the Dons.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

gay picnic defence posted:

I thought he still had a year left

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Periphery posted:

Devon Smith has nominated the Dons.

Collingwoods list manager really not earning his keep

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

quote:

ST KILDA has flagged its interest in boosting its key defensive stocks by opening discussions with delisted Sydney backman Michael Talia.

I'm getting in early here with a backline/rack lines joke, just so you're all aware.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Here's a complete list of every AFL player who hasn't tried coke:

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Periphery posted:

Here's a complete list of every AFL player who hasn't tried coke:

Now you've got me thinking who probably wouldn't have:

Shane Parker, Darren Glass, the Swallow brothers, Shaun Heart

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Gary Ablett Jnr

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

The bombers just go to show that doesn't matter how horrifically lax you are in your duty of care to your players when you maintain a legacy of success in your history it will keep you being a destination club regardless

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Spedman posted:

Now you've got me thinking who probably wouldn't have:

Shane Parker, Darren Glass, the Swallow brothers, Shaun Heart

Rance

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

There was a reason why Talia didn't play a game this year for Sydney.

(HE'S ACTUALLY KINDA BAD)

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

snaeksikn posted:

The bombers just go to show that doesn't matter how horrifically lax you are in your duty of care to your players when you maintain a legacy of success in your history it will keep you being a destination club regardless

Adam Saad has acknowledge this fact by nominating the Bombers as the club he wants to be traded to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Have heard that Daniel Talia is a mediocre bloke. Might be a family trait

• Locked thread