Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Collins? He has the higher workload I assume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Does anyone know if you're able to put OUT players in the IR slot on yahoo?

Some dude dropped Dalvin Cook and it's a keeper league, so i want to grab him and stash him as he'd cost a 4th rounder next season.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

VietCampo posted:

Does anyone know if you're able to put OUT players in the IR slot on yahoo?

Some dude dropped Dalvin Cook and it's a keeper league, so i want to grab him and stash him as he'd cost a 4th rounder next season.

I'm not sure if it's true of all Yahoo leagues, but this is definitely true in mine. I've got Carr there right now.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

MarquisDeCarabas posted:

In one of the leagues I manage, we have an absent owner as he is protesting the NFL in response to recent players protests; let's not talk about that but let's discuss how to manage his team in the meantime (I don't want his opponents essentially getting a bye).

Last week, I set his roster based solely on (bullshit) ESPN projections; however, I have two issues this week:

(1) His only TE (Fleener) is on bye;
(2) He has six Flex-eligible players with the same ESPN projection.

How do I resolve these issues? I am trying to "manage" this team completely objectively so no one complains...

Fill the entire roster with anthem-kneelers and email him a screenshot of the teams performance once a week.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I feel like our goon-project football website needs to exert more control over our injury report guest writers:
So, My Wife Died Last Night: A Week 5 NFL Injury Report

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Gobias Ind. posted:

I'm not sure if it's true of all Yahoo leagues, but this is definitely true in mine. I've got Carr there right now.

Thanks, it worked.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Kloaked00 posted:

Would you trade Michael Thomas for Julio in 0 PPR?

Yep. I'm scared of Julio's back a bit but he's a way better option that Thomas

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Doltos posted:

I'm curious as to why you think he's a way better option.

For me it'd be a toss up honestly at this point, with a slight lean to Thomas with the Julio back injury.

Last year, Julio was wildly boom or bust, and still isn't getting the amount of redzone/goal line looks he should be. Game flow also works heavily in Thomas favor.

I think you're highly underrating Thomas so far.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

VietCampo posted:

For me it'd be a toss up honestly at this point, with a slight lean to Thomas with the Julio back injury.

Last year, Julio was wildly boom or bust, and still isn't getting the amount of redzone/goal line looks he should be. Game flow also works heavily in Thomas favor.

Thomas is my main WR1 this season and I've been super happy with him in 0.5 PPR. He gets targets! But I kind of feel like Julio will rack up more yards when he's 100% so I'd lean towards him in 0 PPR. They're both fine really.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Cost me a 2019 3rd round rookie pick as well, but I'm getting Winston for Carr

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

gloom posted:

Thomas is my main WR1 this season and I've been super happy with him in 0.5 PPR. He gets targets! But I kind of feel like Julio will rack up more yards when he's 100% so I'd lean towards him in 0 PPR. They're both fine really.

Yea Thomas is my WR3 atm, but i wouldn't trade him for Julio as i see it as a toss up and no point.

Julio for some dumb reason doesn't get nearly enough redzone looks and is usually nursing some type of ailment every other week. OTOH the Saints will be guaranteed to be playing from behind or engaged in a shootout nearly every week with their defense, which is why i lean Thomas atm.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Gorman Thomas posted:

What do y'all think about this trade (0.5 PPR 12 team)

GIVE: J Howard + Landry
GET: Hopkins

Current team
RB: Zeke, Monty, Howard, Powell, Duke
WR: Baldwin, Landry, Garcon, Humphries, Corey Davis

Guy I'm offering the deal to has Fat Rob, Veeren, and Forte at RB (yikes)

Okay, I received a counter offer of
GIVE: Monty + Powell

I'd love to sell high on Powell but I'm leaning no.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Doltos posted:

Atlanta's schedule looks really good for WRs after the bye.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Gorman Thomas posted:

It's an easy yes for me given your roster, but I may be underrating one or both of Montgomery and Powell

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Gorman Thomas posted:

Yes, from me. Broken RB and RB selling high for top 10 wr in terms of skill with the hottest young qb. :get in:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Drunk Nerds posted:

I feel like our goon-project football website needs to exert more control over our injury report guest writers:
So, My Wife Died Last Night: A Week 5 NFL Injury Report

:stare:

:golfclap:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

VietCampo posted:

Maybe not way better but Julio I'd lean towards him in a toss up. Jones gets to play Tampa twice and the Saints twice during weeks 11 to 16, three of those matchups occur during the playoffs. He also gets to take on the Pats, Jets, Cowboys, and Panthers before that who all have questionable secondaries. The problem right now is Jones is injured while Thomas is healthy. Jones also capped out at 10 TDs for a career high and he won't hit that this year, Thomas might easily go past that this year. That rules in 0 PPR which is what I guess the Jones owner is banking on.

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001

MarquisDeCarabas posted:

How do I resolve these issues? I am trying to "manage" this team completely objectively so no one complains...

Don't bother with his team. If his opponent scores in the top half of the league that week they get a win and it not they get a loss. Can't imagine that would get you too many complaints.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Felter Chesthard posted:

Don't bother with his team. If his opponent scores in the top half of the league that week they get a win and it not they get a loss. Can't imagine that would get you too many complaints.

I'm not even in the league and i'd complain about that. That's dumb.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

If the dude is boycotting fantasy football then he's out of the league, find a replacement. You don't get to just give away free wins to opponents, it's a given in this game that you try every week to win.

Trying to manage his team just isn't going to work. Tell dude he's gotta either deal with his team or quit the league.

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

If the dude is boycotting fantasy football then he's out of the league, find a replacement. You don't get to just give away free wins to opponents, it's a given in this game that you try every week to win.

Trying to manage his team just isn't going to work. Tell dude he's gotta either deal with his team or quit the league.

I share the opinion and attitude of everyone that has contributed to this discussion (I.e. "gently caress him") but it isn't that simple. It's a work-league with no money on the line and this guy is fine walking away from the team, I'm not talking him in to coming back. We also exhausted every possibility to fill the league before the season, there is no one else that wants to play. In my view, managing his team is the only way to make this season fair IRT: his opponents. Beyond this year, I don't give a poo poo because I am leaving it.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
wait it's a free league? lol

Just set it as best you can and nothing else, there's nothing on the line.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Oct 5, 2017

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

With Luck starting to practice, I feel like this might be a good time to try to buy low on Hilton. The Hilton owner sounds pretty amenable to a trade. Out of these RBs (ranked in approximately the order that I like them), how high should I be willing to go for Hilton (1 PPR):

Kareem Hunt
Tarik Cohen
Christian McCaffrey
Duke Johnson
Frank Gore
Aaron Jones

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
That guy is a dick for leaving you to deal with the hassle

Last year in my league there was an uprising against our commissioner and people were wanting to nominate me to replace him and I said gently caress that. Sounds like a pain in the rear end

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Someone in my 0ppr league dropped Adam Thielen, and I could really use more depth at WR. Unfortunately, the only droppable players I have are either Steelers or Jaguars defense, and they've been having pretty good alternating schedules so far.

Currently I have Keenan Allen, Larry Fitzgerald, Amari Cooper, and Chris Hogan. No backup QB or TE, and I'm loving loaded at RB. All attempts at trading have been the other guy wanting to fleece me for Devonta Freeman. Should I drop a defense or just stay put? I'm 3-1, and have a pretty cupcake schedule for the next month.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

MarquisDeCarabas posted:

In one of the leagues I manage, we have an absent owner as he is protesting the NFL in response to recent players protests; let's not talk about that but let's discuss how to manage his team in the meantime (I don't want his opponents essentially getting a bye).

Last week, I set his roster based solely on (bullshit) ESPN projections; however, I have two issues this week:

(1) His only TE (Fleener) is on bye;
(2) He has six Flex-eligible players with the same ESPN projection.

If it's a paid league and depending on how horrible his roster is, I'll take it over.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Free leagues are stupid and irrelevant

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

[quote="“Doppelganger”" post="“477068677”"]
Someone in my 0ppr league dropped Adam Thielen, and I could really use more depth at WR. Unfortunately, the only droppable players I have are either Steelers or Jaguars defense, and they’ve been having pretty good alternating schedules so far.

Currently I have Keenan Allen, Larry Fitzgerald, Amari Cooper, and Chris Hogan. No backup QB or TE, and I’m loving loaded at RB. All attempts at trading have been the other guy wanting to fleece me for Devonta Freeman. Should I drop a defense or just stay put? I’m 3-1, and have a pretty cupcake schedule for the next month.
[/quote]

Drop a defense...

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

MarquisDeCarabas posted:

I share the opinion and attitude of everyone that has contributed to this discussion (I.e. "gently caress him") but it isn't that simple. It's a work-league with no money on the line and this guy is fine walking away from the team, I'm not talking him in to coming back. We also exhausted every possibility to fill the league before the season, there is no one else that wants to play. In my view, managing his team is the only way to make this season fair IRT: his opponents. Beyond this year, I don't give a poo poo because I am leaving it.

I will do a free league and be active

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Doltos posted:

The only time league snob guy. What's the point. Ill join a 2 team league if there's a payout

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Doltos posted:

My family league is free and I will gladly lose every other league to win it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/FF_TravisM/status/915795447318482945

I swear to god fantasy twitter has literally no idea how to differentiate quality and location of targets. This is Amari Cooper in reverse.

I think this off-season I'm going to learn a bunch of actual stat poo poo and chart stuff and crunch numbers on figuring out how to weigh targets for volume and odds that a target is a touchdown in different parts of the field.

While Hogan will regress to the mean this guy is acting like he has four TDs now and will end with 6 or 7.

Edit: I want to clarify that I don't think Hogan is a monster and a sell high is good but FF twitter acts like a target is a target is a target, is a catch is a catch is a catch.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Oct 5, 2017

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
So standard scoring 10 team league had me flying high after draft day but its time to make some moves and I know what should be done (get some value for one of my running backs) but don't know how to go about it. My WRs are a mess and all of them feel interchangeable right now. I felt good about crabtree but hes banged up and Car is out. Should I try to dump crabtree and hedge away from the stupid raiders? I can't get poo poo for lynch right now and hes the RB I'd most like to get rid of, maybe try to work a deal with the guy who has Demarco for Henry? Please help goons.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
too small to read friend

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

ScottyJSno posted:

I will do a free league and be active

I appreciate the offer, but all 14 (now 13) of us know each other and don't want to open it up. FP rankings it is for breaking projections ties and his team rolls with no TE this week.

In our league message board, I did post that I found it curious he only decided on this protest after he went 1-2 and that I support anyone else taking a knee and sitting this season out as it makes it easier for me. I also changed my team name to Big Ben and the Kneelers (Ben is my QB [ugh]) *shrug*

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
He didn't drop out because of players kneeling. He is butthurt his team sucks or he got denied in a traderape.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Man I'm not sure anyone Tom Brady looks for especially in the red zone is a sell high

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Got drunk yesterday. Was comparing players and accidentally sent a trade request, forgot about it, and woke up this morning to an acceptance.

I gave Julio & Powell received C.J. Anderson

0ppr league so how screwed am I?

I could have sworn I put another WR in there on his end but alas I did not.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Alfalfa posted:

Got drunk yesterday. Was comparing players and accidentally sent a trade request, forgot about it, and woke up this morning to an acceptance.

I gave Julio & Powell received C.J. Anderson

0ppr league so how screwed am I?

I could have sworn I put another WR in there on his end but alas I did not.

Talk to your commish about rescinding the trade, after explaining what happened to your will-be-disappointed trading partner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I just traded my Ajayi & TY Hilton for Jordy Nelson & Jamaal Charles. Feel kind of dirty really.

• Locked thread