Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

BarronsArtGallery posted:

i think this is the only spoiler thread in history without any actual spoilers

Has there been any leaks along the lines of "han solo dies in the third act?"

also it amazes me that everyone who read that leak kept it under wraps. There were no videos of people driving by the movie theater shouting it out and nobody blaring it on facebook. I was actually in awe that everyone was so respectful about not loving over other people for once.

Well yeah except for "FYAD: Han Solo dies in Episode VII" being the Forum's title for two weeks prior to release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Lol if you think that production finished means that the film is done.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.

Leia gets ejected into space at some point and is injured. This was something planned before Fisher's passing, and people are theorizing it may be used to have her pass away rather than recover as originally planned.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

also it amazes me that everyone who read that leak kept it under wraps. There were no videos of people driving by the movie theater shouting it out and nobody blaring it on facebook. I was actually in awe that everyone was so respectful about not loving over other people for once.
Probably because nobody wanted to be a footnote in "Star Wars enthusiast, 39, slays 6 with replica samurai sword"

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Remulak posted:

I mean, yeah.

https://twitter.com/rianjohnson/status/911055570106331136

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Remulak posted:

when you're done with post-production, you're done. unless you count marketing the film's release and showing up to the premiere?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Also that anyone who knew anything about Harrison Ford and Star Wars basically knew Han was going to die from the moment he was coming back to play him.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Hundreds of directors are able to handle pre-production on mammoth productions while they're spending every few days doing some press stuff. It is almost a natural part of the process if you decide to go down the blockbuster route.

Johnson probably wants to get something he's been working on off the ground and make that next, considering this is literally his first for-hire job (there was a time where he was trying to get commercial work - we're talking post Brothers Bloom - and nobody took to his reel). Now he can walk into any studio and go "I wanna do this" and they'll go "well you made a (probably) critically-acclaimed, gigantically successful Star Wars movie and we can use that in marketing to at least make back the costs, so here you go, have fun".

Either that or he wants to maybe take a year off, get married to Karina Longworth, and go "I don't have to worry about making money, this is pretty sweet".

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

when you're done with post-production, you're done. unless you count marketing the film's release and showing up to the premiere?

Color Grading still in progress :coolfish:

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Some new info on the new A-wing has popped up
https://imgur.com/a/S20wP

It seems that TLJ starts with the First Order finding the Resistance base and forcing them to flee from it.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Captain Splendid posted:

It seems that TLJ starts with the First Order finding the Resistance base and forcing them to flee from it.

What a novel way to start a second Star Wars movie.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Don't worry, I'm sure Poe knows of a safe place they can hide. You see, he's got this old friend who's something of a gambler.....

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Canemacar posted:

Don't worry, I'm sure Poe knows of a safe place they can hide. You see, he's got this old friend who's something of a gambler.....

Seriously, nothing about the universe in TFA makes any sense.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Seriously, nothing about the universe in TFA makes any sense.

???

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I think he means the kind of murky distinction about the Resistance's vs The Republic and what it means now that The Republic is 'destroyed'. Which is something explained in the canon EU but obviously most people don't read that poo poo.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I think he means the kind of murky distinction about the Resistance's vs The Republic and what it means now that The Republic is 'destroyed'. Which is something explained in the canon EU but obviously most people don't read that poo poo.

Even in the newEU canon, it's a lot more convoluted than the post-Endor era used to be. Which is probably a function of requiring the storyline to eventually end up where Episode VII starts, rather than letting the EU expand naturally, but hey.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Captain Splendid posted:

:laffo:

you're kidding me right? this is going to get really painful when they end it with one of the new characters getting taken captive

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I get the feeling people forget what actually happens in these movies.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
It's getting ridiculous at this point. They had to know people would call them out on this poo poo immediately right?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Kingtheninja posted:

It's getting ridiculous at this point. They had to know people would call them out on this poo poo immediately right?

you seem to think they care about being called out

they do not.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Might not one say that, from a certain point of view, rhymes it does?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Kingtheninja posted:

only nerds like us on the internet will care

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
In fairness it could be in act 2

But still.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Holy poo poo that's exactly beat-for-beat like the beginning of Empire and not at all just a vague description of just the Battle of Hoth. You see, the only part that matters is the spectacular battle and not the interpersonal moments between characters or the setup for later parts of the film.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
that's cool empire was a good movie

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Was it ever going to be anything else though? The first order categorically knew where the resistance base was at the end of TFA, and I'm pretty sure Rian basically said 'deal with it' when asked if it was going to reprise some ideas from ESB

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Since it's picking up with Luke and Rey seconds later I guess pretty much everyone else in the story is packing up and running at that time.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
It doesn't sounds like there's going to be a land battle at that point, instead focusing on an orbital battle as they flee.

The ground attack with the gorilla walkers will come later when they move to Crait.

So yeah, it's similar, but it appears to feature something not really covered in ESB, and moves the ground portion to the end of the film.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Warning: Here be unsubstantiated spoilers!

Edit: There might be bits and pieces in this that sound plausible, but I feel like the majority of it is fan fiction.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Oct 5, 2017

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Gonz posted:

Warning: Here be unsubstantiated spoilers!

Edit: There might be bits and pieces in this that sound plausible, but I feel like the majority of it is fan fiction.

Holy hell that sounds like absolute garbage.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Kylo Ren’s redemption arc happens in Act 2 of the second movie!

LOL no.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

So it all circles back to the Prequel era with the droids vs troopers.

I hope that part is true because it could actually lead to that droid movie David Fincher wants to make.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Ok but where are the porgs? I was promised porgs and that spoiler has not a porg in sight.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
highly doubt that's legit but if so, lmao. just absolute lmao.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

That post is way to hard to read on a phone, what are the bullet points? Does it have a scene where Kylo turns good and cuts off all of his hair except for a Padawan braid?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Can't be legit

We don't find out who Rey's parents are .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I did like the Snoke story though although as mentioned it seems a little fan wankish.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
It's very, very kotor. Murdering planets to become godlike was the sith emperors shtick, a long with body swapping. I think this is someone who wants their bad mmo to be canon.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
It has that silly fan desire to post hoc necessitate plot points as like a smoothing effect of the universe. Like the reason we keep building death stars, the inconsistent droid personalities, etc.

Danger fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Oct 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Funny story. Sounds Unbelievable. Probably True.

• Locked thread