Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

NXT doing a war games match is also a good trial run to see if they want to run one of the main roster after the Shield are a group again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

NXT doing a war games match is also a good trial run to see if they want to run one of the main roster after the Shield are a group again

Shield vs. reunited OG Wyatts War Games, please and thank you.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

sportsgenius86 posted:

So Takeover is

WarGames
Sanity Vs. Undisputed Era vs. AOP/Strong

NXT Title
Drew McIntyre vs. Andrade Almas

Women's Title
Kairi Sane vs. Nikki Cross vs. Ember Moon vs. Peyton Royce

Aleister Black vs. Velveteen Dream?
Lars vs Kassius it seems

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Rovert was right

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hunter finally got his WarGames match. Good for him. :unsmith:

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
A 3-way War Games seems odd to me, but still super excited.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Will anyone under the age of 30 give a gently caress about War Games though? It is just a flatter Hell in the Cell.

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

Almas getting a push, Kairi and war games.

Good times

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

rovert posted:

Will anyone under the age of 30 give a gently caress about War Games though? It is just a flatter Hell in the Cell.

Wargames is good, 3 team Wargames is significantly less good

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

It's not remotely this. You should take some time between now and Takeover to watch some War Games matches on the award-winning WWE Network

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

rovert posted:

lmao if you think anyone under 30 gives a gently caress about wrestling

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

rovert posted:

At this point war games is a thousand times more interesting than hell in a cell

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Put it in the video game and sell the playset for the action figures and schoolyards across America will be awash with the blood of hapless nerds whose faces have been raked across chainlink fence

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Go RV! posted:

lmao if you think anyone under 30 gives a gently caress about wrestling

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

At this point war games is a thousand times more interesting than hell in a cell

Solid points

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Midnightghoul posted:

Wargames is good, 3 team Wargames is significantly less good

I mean, it literally can't be worse than the other 3 team wargames match

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's not remotely this. You should take some time between now and Takeover to watch some War Games matches on the award-winning WWE Network

do you think they'll do a straight war games match without changing the format because it dont think they will

staggered entrances probably staying but two rings, submissions only, and tiny cage?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if it's not two rings i'll say hell.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I thought they already confirmed the two-ring setup. Triple H has been wanting to do this for literal decades so I doubt they mess with the general formula (with less blood, for better or worse).

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

definitely for worse

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I think the setup mostly stays the same, maybe they change the style of cage a bit for visibility. The staggered entrances are pretty key to the match and already happens in Elimination Chamber and the Rumble, so I'd imagine that's staying too. I don't care much for the subs but it should be fine.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Honestly my only real complaint is that the UK guys aren't involved

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

Lars vs Kassius it seems

its probably both Aleister vs Dream and Lars vs. Ohno

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I think Lars/Ohno gets bumped to the dark tapings. That's already a pretty full card and War Games will likely go 40+ minutes between entrances and match time.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Hideo Itami is the biggest MIA person from the taped matches that I can think of. A bit of a fall from wrestling at the last Takeover against Black.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
As interesting to me is that McIntrye v Almos will get two rings so we get to see Almos go full Sombra

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Now all of the matches can theoretically stretch across both rings. Gives the women more room to work with anyways.

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!

rovert posted:

Hideo Itami is the biggest MIA person from the taped matches that I can think of. A bit of a fall from wrestling at the last Takeover against Black.

Do you know if there's a reason for this?

Hideo seems to be finally finding his feet, so it's a shame he wasn't used.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Latino Pete posted:

Do you know if there's a reason for this?

Hideo seems to be finally finding his feet, so it's a shame he wasn't used.

He wrestled last weekend so it isn't an injury. I think he just lost out on the numbers game as the roster is so big.

TM61 wrestled a dark match on the prior taping but didn't work last night either. Again likely the same deal.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The wrestlers will work hard to get the match over but NXT War Games will all new elements which are goofy as gently caress. Fans of the WCW one won't like it at all.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What are the new elements?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

drat it Hunter you were told not to mess with alchemy again.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

drat it Hunter you were told not to mess with alchemy again.

He's definitely not trying to find a way to smash Vince's phylactery, why would you even ask him that?!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The cage is "electrified" isn't it?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

What kind of retarded-rear end War Games has three teams of three people?

Hunter's a huge fan of the loving Warrior one, I guess?

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
I'm going to assume it's three teams because they want all three groups on the card and don't have the time/room on the card for one of them to wrestle someone else.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
if you can't trust hhh to book a good match involving something from wcw you literally cannot trust anyone

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
and don't say hhh v sting b/c Kevin Nash faked a quad injury instantly making it one of the best matches of all time

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MotU posted:

and don't say hhh v sting b/c Kevin Nash faked a quad injury instantly making it one of the best matches of all time

why the gently caress would i give hhh credit for something Nash clearly did all by himself for us because he loves us

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
hhh inspires creativity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

MotU posted:

if you can't trust hhh to book a good match involving something from wcw you literally cannot trust anyone

Is booker t considered "from WCW" in this situation