Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I am very glad the rats lived up to expectations.

They are very good rats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Oh so that's why Warp Lightning Cannons are insanely good: they cause explosion damage in addition to their standard damage. Maybe another reason apart from the rapid lightning impacts why my FPS drops to poo poo whenever I'm zoomed in on a target catching fire.

This is awesome because your Warlock Engineers also get Extra Powder, which gives a bonus to explosion-type damage to nearby units. gently caress, Skaven are awesome.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Afriscipio posted:

Help! Teclis is in my back yard and he won't leave... It might have something to do with me sending Queek to his back yard and taking 5 settlements.

Seriously though, his army is 12 sea guard and 2 swordmasters and nothing I have in my home provinces can deal with it.

The forests in warhammer 2 are so thick with trees that it's pretty much impossible for a archer to do anything in them, they can drain their entire ammo any barely scratch their target if they are parked in the middle of a forest.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Night10194 posted:

Do you mean a mod wherein every now and then 4 random guys and gals show up and totally wreck all your rats, or a mod for Vermintide wherein you go and have high elves talk down to Kerillian for being an elf hick while you all fight rats alongside lizards and poo poo.

I was originally thinking a mod where the AI skaven have stupidly low recruitment/upkeep costs so they can drown the world in rats, but a couple of buff heroes vs skaven horde is also acceptable.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
Game is fun, loving my playable Jurassic park simulator. What do goons think of putting Mazdamundi on a mount instead of the hoverchair?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

boho posted:

And everything is so goddamn slow, unless you want to run Skinks, which are the same tier as and barely cheaper than Saruses and are also baked rear end unless you manage to lure their opponent into water.

Please don't skink shame.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

skaven armored horse archers (blessed by the lady)

rat slingers riding rat ogres

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Tarantula posted:

Game is fun, loving my playable Jurassic park simulator. What do goons think of putting Mazdamundi on a mount instead of the hoverchair?
He looks really dumb without his Rascal but is much more fighty.

Jeza posted:

Please don't skink shame.

:discourse:

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Tarantula posted:

Combat stats go up a lot, but fashion stats go way, way down since he doesn't 360noscope psychoslam fools.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I always liked the mods for all hero armies and poo poo so I'm hoping I get to take a bunch of elite rats on a mission thanks to some modder.

Also rats really need warplock jezzails as a ranged option for sniping heroes. You don't have much that can go toe to toe so having a small squad of tier one operators who are easy to kill but snipe characters would be cool.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

I really wish they'd fix this bug where you tell your siege weapons to fire at a tower and instead they move towards it, despite having a totally unobstructed line of sight. Anyone know what triggers it or if there's some way to get them to stop moving and just loving kill the tower?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Jeza posted:

Please don't skink shame

new thread title right here please please

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Wafflecopper posted:

I really wish they'd fix this bug where you tell your siege weapons to fire at a tower and instead they move towards it, despite having a totally unobstructed line of sight. Anyone know what triggers it or if there's some way to get them to stop moving and just loving kill the tower?

Relatedly, what do the colors when prepping an artillery target actually mean?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Iirc they can only target the unit in the tower.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Speaking of skinks... is it just me or do they say "hola skinks!" when you select them?

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

ogres will be the main anti-Chaos faction

I really like the rogue armies but drat they will just build up until you wipe them out completely. Pirates of the Southern Sea got a chuckle out of me when they showed up with 15 peasant mobs and 2 mortars, but I didn't wipe the stack out and it came back again with 15 handgunners and 3 cannon. Where did you idiots come up with all those guns in Naggaroth? You weren't even raiding!

Also what's the most efficient way to kill Mung as Delves? Especially the horse archer and chariot spam. Just more and more Darkshards with minimal spears and swords??

Swords don't seem effective in the slightest, and I have zero idea why. They have the same stats as the spears, but when I put them together the swords get wiped out twice as fast/break twice as fast as the spears, so ???

I usually do a line of about 5-6 spears protecting my 8ish Darkshards, Focus 2 Shards on either side to kill the Marauder Cav that "flanked" you, and watch them easily shred them up. Have Malekith/your other heavy hitters focus down the frontline.

Chariots will break through, but I've never seen them do particularly high damage to Darkshards, and it's trivial for Malekith to get over there and slaughter them.

The bigger question of the day for me is how the gently caress I beat this Celestial Storm army with nothing but Darkspears, Darkshards, and a Bolt Thrower. I've got Black Guards/Hydras on the way, but they are several turns away from even getting the unit production buildings down, and these lizards are rampaging through my poo poo now.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Randarkman posted:

Speaking of skinks... is it just me or do they say "hola skinks!" when you select them?

Yes it's an Estalian loan word

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Swordsmen are good at taking out spearmen and that is about it.

The whole thing as dark elves is you need as many as your guys to survive until murder time. Spears do that job better. Once murder time happens, it doesn't matter what you have.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Holy gently caress gate garrisons are no joke and it's very painful that you can't bring siege equipment to them. I got so intensely owned it's actually a little funny (but mostly sad and painful and I'm savescumming because this campaign is easy and I can't take a blow to my ego like that).

Blackguard are p loving good you guys.

Also, anyone else having the problem with the High Magic phoenix fire spell firing near walls? Twice now I've aimed it next and perpendicular to a wall, and twice it's gone off in some other direction.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Night10194 posted:

I am very glad the rats lived up to expectations.

They are very good rats.

Yeah, even from the intro cutscene it was clear that they nailed it.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Third World Reggin posted:

Swordsmen are good at taking out spearmen and that is about it.

The whole thing as dark elves is you need as many as your guys to survive until murder time. Spears do that job better. Once murder time happens, it doesn't matter what you have.

That and your darkshards and shades are probably going to be doing the lions share of the murdering anyway. Hold the line longer so that the archers are getting their murder in.

Is it just me or is the sorceress castable version of fireball way, way better than the bound version you get from Teclis/Ruby Ring? The sorceress version seems like it penetrates deeper into ranks and generally does more damage. With a fire sorceress I consistently target a unit with it behind 3-4 other units and it mulched through each unit and kept on going out the back side. With Teclis's bound fireball it won't even pass the first unit if it doesn't whiff entirely.

My fire sorceress had 400 kills one battle due to slinging fireballs into the side flank of a battle and having it pass through the entire front.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

ChickenWing posted:

Also, anyone else having the problem with the High Magic phoenix fire spell firing near walls? Twice now I've aimed it next and perpendicular to a wall, and twice it's gone off in some other direction.
Every line spell plays really, really weirdly near walls. My Pendulums and Chillwind do the same thing.

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

quote:

I love how the new world colonists solely exist to be a pet nation for Mazdamundi to look after, then, on the last day of his training, they give him a gun and order him to kill the dog.

Lizardman: the secret service :getin:

golden circle works too I guess because of the whole lizardman gold thing

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Jeza posted:

please don't skink shame

consider it in the list, I only changed the title last week ;)

pnutz fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Oct 5, 2017

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Been playing a lot of this, shades own, skaven as a whole own. The only faction that's a bit meh is high elves but Teclis and Tyrion are cool heroes, a think Tyrion is like the fightiest non monster in the game.

I've already played both skaven starts and find the map a little limiting and boring though is my problem. Also every faction that isn't skaven feels a bit boring after them.

I really need my blood dlc and steam workshop methinks

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
As Skaven it's real easy to just move Continent, just find an empty ruin and start an empire abroad instead

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador

JBP posted:

I'm in the same situation except as Teclis. Now known as Teclis, Frog Friend.

Same but as Queek, with Malekith. It's a little sad that I have to reject all his requests to be buddies, since he's almost ready to start the fourth ritual. He wants to be friends so badly after I started razing Ulthuan.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

is there a way to save my settings? getting a little tired of redoing my skip AI turns, don't tell me lords havent moved etc every time I start a new game

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Wait, is this a dragon or Throgg?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Fans posted:

As Skaven it's real easy to just move Continent, just find an empty ruin and start an empire abroad instead

I might try that with Queek when I move up to Very Hard. Good idea. Just span the strait, then try to force Pestilens into confederation.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Has anyone else hit a but wherein an AI army that has a Ruby Ring of Ruin will apparently start making GBS threads out rapid fire fireballs nonstop for the better part of the first 5 minutes of a battle? I had a battle as lizardmen vs a high elf w/ the ruby ring and the second my terradons got in range it was like he was a magical fire AA gun.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
Can someone tell me how the hell to use a doomwheel? Mine keep getting chomped on by Carnosaurs and they can't run away. :(

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Gaghskull posted:

Can someone tell me how the hell to use a doomwheel? Mine keep getting chomped on by Carnosaurs and they can't run away. :(

Use it like a chariot. If you're getting it stuck in a fight you're doing it wrong. Slam into their flanks and get clear so you can turn around and do it again.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Gaghskull posted:

Keep it away from large monsters and have it go mulch infantry. Scattered formations mean it'll never bog down, but it can slam through thinner lines really easily too.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Gaghskull posted:

Don't fight large stuff, ram it into infantry who don't have anti-large (or anti-large infantry who are otherwise engaged) then ideally run it away and charge somewhere else/again.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Gaghskull posted:

Yeah, as others have said, like a chariot. Wait till your infantry have engaged and then sweep in the doomwheels from the flanks or rear. They're best against thin infantry formations where they can cycle charge.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
The workshop is up by the way

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The trait system is so tight, I had a lizardman general get an insane trait for being in chaos corrupted lands for too long.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Tenzarin posted:

The trait system is so tight, I had a lizardman general get an insane trait for being in chaos corrupted lands for too long.

Yeah they have dramatically improved the trait system over the first game. It was really annoying before, now it's great.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

Yeah, a good chunk of my Death Hags have it now. Its a pain to clear. Theoretically, being in uncorrupted lands should do it after awhile, but either they need to be [i]really[i/] uncorrupted (thanks, Morathi) or they need to spend a long, long time there.

I really like that they tell you how you got negative/positive traits and how to influence them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Trait system is a standout QOL winner in this game.

It's very good that Tyrion has never, and will never, get "Likes Dark Elves"