Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

FizFashizzle posted:

yeah I don't know if you saw the sheriff's interview last night but uh.....something seems like a coverrup.

not that there was a second shooter or anything but sounds like the cops hosed something up.

Have they released what was on the note they found?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

Have they released what was on the note they found?

dunno.

Anyone preordered shadow of war yet?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

No but im finally getting on board the Switch train tomorrow

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

FizFashizzle posted:

dunno.

Anyone preordered shadow of war yet?

I hated The Evil Within but am weirdly excited for the sequel next week.

I am going to rent it first though because of Bethesdas terrible review policy

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I hated The Evil Within but am weirdly excited for the sequel next week.

I am going to rent it first though because of Bethesdas terrible review policy

Some mother fucker (Kalli I think :argh:) reminded me Divinity Original Sin 2 is out and now I have another 800 hour RPG to play. One which on early returns I'm not smart enough to play well, but I'm too stubborn to stop or turn it down to the easy setting.

On the bright side hopefully I won't be tempted to waste money on games for a while.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Some mother fucker (Kalli I think :argh:) reminded me Divinity Original Sin 2 is out and now I have another 800 hour RPG to play. One which on early returns I'm not smart enough to play well, but I'm too stubborn to stop or turn it down to the easy setting.

On the bright side hopefully I won't be tempted to waste money on games for a while.

I'm waiting for that poo poo to go on sale.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

FizFashizzle posted:

I'm waiting for that poo poo to go on sale for console

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Divinity is a bad series and Larian are a bunch of fuckheads

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Alaois posted:

Divinity is a bad series and Larian are a bunch of fuckheads

gonna elaborate or just drop this and roll out

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Absolutely killed it at the gym yesterday. Now to get my diet back in line with normalcy. Step one is to not drink a coke for breakfast.

Okay done.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Why in the h*ck would you play divinity on console

Gotta be able to leave that poo poo running in he background and casually play it throughout the day

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Gotta be able to leave that poo poo running in he background and casually play it throughout the day

Because I dont want to gently caress with hooking my laptop up to my tv :colbert:

Also sleep mode bitch

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I played a lot of Divinity: Original Sin when I first got it... but just kind of lost interest over time and wandered off before finishing the game. So I dunno if I want to go in for the sequel or not.

Plus I played a ton of Pillars of Eternity and Witcher 3 over the last year or so and am kind of burned out on fantasy game poo poo in general.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

sean10mm posted:

I played a lot of Divinity: Original Sin when I first got it... but just kind of lost interest over time and wandered off before finishing the game. So I dunno if I want to go in for the sequel or not.

Plus I played a ton of Pillars of Eternity and Witcher 3 over the last year or so and am kind of burned out on fantasy game poo poo in general.

Yeah, the gameplay mechanics were fantastic but the world and story were so boring I kinda lost interest. Made it to the zombie town and the mansion with a billion traps and kinda just lost interest.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Lol if you dont have a VNC or other RDP client from work hooked to your home pc to play poo poo at work

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

CyberPingu posted:

No but im finally getting on board the Switch train tomorrow

Toot toot!

You gonna start with BoTW?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Im just really excited for shadow of war.

Not gonna pay for a single extra loving thing either

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

weird Asian candy posted:

Toot toot!

You gonna start with BoTW?

Gonna get Mario Kart and BoTW. Then hermit myself when Fire Emblem/Mario Oddessy/Xenoblade comes out

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

CyberPingu posted:

Gonna get Mario Kart and BoTW. Then hermit myself when Fire Emblem/Mario Oddessy/Xenoblade comes out

My man! See you in 2018!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Im just really excited for shadow of war.

Not gonna pay for a single extra loving thing either

good

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

sean10mm posted:

This I get. That said whenever you get back in the mood Divinity 2 is pretty dope. I'm about 2/3 of the way through with my little brother and we're having a blast.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

weird Asian candy posted:

My man! See you in 2018!

It gives me something to do on the 40min bus journey to and from work. Also i can play games whilst the SO is watching poo poo i really dont care about but want to spend time with her

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I just got a PS4 pro

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
gently caress didn't realize Shadow of War comes out next week. Definitely going to play that next.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Just lol if you don't leave your console running for days on end with a game paused

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
October has a stupid amount of high profile games I'm interested in trying at some point. Shadow of War, South Park, Super Mario Odyssey, Wolfenstein, Assassin's Creed... loving bananas.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Cuphead is good.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Wolfenstein the New Order had the best nazi stabbing I've ever played so I am so ready for that game.

Is it going to have that weird create a multiplayer mode thing Doom had? 'Cuz I know there's a bit of suburbs stuff, so can I use those models to make BJ Blaskowitz goes to Charlottsville?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I've been playing Mafia III recently because it was on sale. Fun game but it's basically just fetch quest simulator: go here, kill this dude, blow a thing up ok now go talk to this other dude and kill dudes and blow things up for him.

The story is interesting but the base game is repetitive as hell. I'm hoping it's just still early in the game and it's still in the "training" portion of the game.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Watching the morning news, police are looking for a hispanic male who punched out a person he apparently didn't know. No motive is known

*sees red hat on the ground*

I have a theory

e: I think the anchors know too. One of them said "You can see he punches him and the hat comes right off his head"

Intruder fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Oct 5, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I've been a die hard Zelda fan and bought a switch and botw day one. I put 70 hours into it and then all desire to finish it left me. I haven't touched it since. I don't really know why.

I mean I 100%ed Skyward loving Sword back in 2011. Somethings wrong with me.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I've been a die hard Zelda fan and bought a switch and botw day one. I put 70 hours into it and then all desire to finish it left me. I haven't touched it since. I don't really know why.

Sounds like your testicles descended. Congrats!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Joey Freshwater posted:

I've been playing Mafia III recently because it was on sale. Fun game but it's basically just fetch quest simulator: go here, kill this dude, blow a thing up ok now go talk to this other dude and kill dudes and blow things up for him.

The story is interesting but the base game is repetitive as hell. I'm hoping it's just still early in the game and it's still in the "training" portion of the game.

Unfortunately no. It'd be a much better game if it cut out half the random fetch quests needed to open up the story missions.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Sounds like your testicles descended. Congrats!

I don't get excited about video games anymore. I find it really sad.

I still play games but mostly Strategy games nowadays.

I LOVED Horizon though so I still have some childlike wonder in me.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

Unfortunately no. It'd be a much better game if it cut out half the random fetch quests needed to open up the story missions.

Well crap. I still enjoy the game but it's not something I can sink a lot of hours into at a time because I get bored with it. I need something that's not as repetitive.

I wish Spec Ops: The Line was on Xbone, that game was awesome. Open to suggestions, all I have is Xbone though.

....maybe I'll just play Witcher 3 again

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I mean I 100%ed Skyward loving Sword back in 2011. Somethings wrong with me.

I find this with these stupidly large games nowadays that there is just too much to do and i get bored, ironically.

Im convinced that every average 100+ hour game has a really loving great 20 hour game in it somewhere, it just has a load of superfluous poo poo that probably doesnt need to be there. e.g every GTA game since Vice City, the Witcher 3 etc.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Commercial for Gotham just came on. Teenage Bruce Wayne is a vigilante, except instead of being Batman he's dressed like Kickass but in all black? Are you loving kidding me?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Kalli posted:

Wolfenstein the New Order had the best nazi stabbing I've ever played so I am so ready for that game.

Is it going to have that weird create a multiplayer mode thing Doom had? 'Cuz I know there's a bit of suburbs stuff, so can I use those models to make BJ Blaskowitz goes to Charlottsville?

No, it's single player only.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Intruder posted:

Watching the morning news, police are looking for a hispanic male who punched out a person he apparently didn't know. No motive is known

*sees red hat on the ground*

I have a theory

e: I think the anchors know too. One of them said "You can see he punches him and the hat comes right off his head"

Lol the chuds are gonna zero in on this with laser focus so they can ignore the fact that a fox news grandpa just shot 600 people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Intruder posted:

Commercial for Gotham just came on. Teenage Bruce Wayne is a vigilante, except instead of being Batman he's dressed like Kickass but in all black? Are you loving kidding me?

He looked like he was wearing a budget halloween gimp suit

• Locked thread