Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Ace Attorney posted:

I've started playing again just to give Frod a hard time and stroke his Nirvana ego.

I haven't seen Shinjobi, though. This makes me sad.

I've seen him on and around every now and then. But my playtime is so scattered that I can't pinpoint a time range of whenever who is on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sevenflow
Jun 28, 2003
just watch it for a second
I ended up getting to 99 without going any further in RoV because I hate myself. Looking forward to going through everything over the next few months. Did Rank 6-10 missions come before Zilart? Trying to figure out if those or Zilart come first.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

sevenflow posted:

I ended up getting to 99 without going any further in RoV because I hate myself. Looking forward to going through everything over the next few months. Did Rank 6-10 missions come before Zilart? Trying to figure out if those or Zilart come first.

6 thru 10 are all sort of their own thing, came out around the same time as zilart.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

Looking for help with shinryu abjurations.

Kieyen
Dec 18, 2006

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Looking for help with shinryu abjurations.

Sure, which ones and what jobs you got?

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

RDM and DRG are the only things close to useful.

Also looking for nyzul isle, einherjar, and assault buddies if anyones interested.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Paladine_PSoT posted:

RDM and DRG are the only things close to useful.

Also looking for nyzul isle, einherjar, and assault buddies if anyones interested.

grab me for these anytime. ign Herewaard

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Putting this here to track my progress:

An Imperial Heist:
Assaults: 24 to captain

Duties, Tasks, Deeds:
Ichor: 22560/100000
Tokens: 9547/150000
Alex: 891/30000

Scoria: 0/5
Beitetsu: 399/10000

Job points: 21/2100

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Paladine_PSoT posted:

An Imperial Heist:

Duties, Tasks, Deeds:

What job?

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

RDM

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Paladine_PSoT posted:

An Imperial Heist:

Duties, Tasks, Deeds:

Think it's 3 scoria and 10,300 Beitetsu.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Ugh, updating because i didnt do it right

An Imperial Heist:
Assaults: 15 to captain

Duties, Tasks, Deeds:
Alex: 30082/30000 gently caress IT i'm done

Scoria: 3/3
Beitetsu: 1176/10300

Rdm

Paladine_PSoT fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Sep 22, 2017

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Ugh, updating because i didnt do it right

An Imperial Heist:
Assaults: 20 to captain

Duties, Tasks, Deeds:
Alex: 5844/30000

Scoria: 0/3
Beitetsu: 399/10300

Don't forget the 50 assault redos, the 4 salvage boss titles, and the 3 king titles.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

frodnonnag posted:

Don't forget the 50 assault redos, the 4 salvage boss titles, and the 3 king titles.

Ive got the titles, the captain rank is all that's left. Once I get it i'll move it into DTD

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
The Neo Nyzul campaigns are actually rather helpful for Mythic stuff. Just soloing to floor 40 I would get about 1000 tokens but more importantly the "??? Box +2 " that would drop from the 20 and 40 bosses is usually either a cotton coin purse, linen coin purse, or a T3 or T4 ZNM pop item. During the last campaign I was able to snag all 3 ZNM items needed as well as a bunch of the T3 KIs. Plus a few hundred k gil in random sellables from each run.

I only lost one run because floor 39 was an order floor and then on floor 40 my weaponskills were locked.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Majumbo posted:

The Neo Nyzul campaigns are actually rather helpful for Mythic stuff. Just soloing to floor 40 I would get about 1000 tokens but more importantly the "??? Box +2 " that would drop from the 20 and 40 bosses is usually either a cotton coin purse, linen coin purse, or a T3 or T4 ZNM pop item. During the last campaign I was able to snag all 3 ZNM items needed as well as a bunch of the T3 KIs. Plus a few hundred k gil in random sellables from each run.

I only lost one run because floor 39 was an order floor and then on floor 40 my weaponskills were locked.
Yes Nyzul Isle campaign is good for znm pops while getting tokens.

Ideal method for grinding this poo poo would be to start off with Einherjar than do assaults until you can enter again till 100k.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

LiquidFriend posted:

Yes Nyzul Isle campaign is good for znm pops while getting tokens.

Ideal method for grinding this poo poo would be to start off with Einherjar than do assaults until you can enter again till 100k.

Can I solo Einherjar now?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Can I solo Einherjar now?
Easily

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ace Attorney posted:

I've started playing again just to give Frod a hard time and stroke his Nirvana ego.

I haven't seen Shinjobi, though. This makes me sad.

I'm still alive. Had to cancel my card a couple months ago after losing it in the trash, so it's taken me a bit to get back and situated with Vanadiel.

Well, wedding preparations get in the way too, but don't worry. I'll be back soon.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Paladine_PSoT posted:

An Imperial Heist: DONE

Duties, Tasks, Deeds:
Ichor: 32240/100000
Tokens: 39504/150000
Alex: DONE
Assaults: 19/50

Scoria: Done
Beitetsu: Done

Job points: 28/2100

Rdm

Start of weekend numbers
Also completed Carmine +1 set

Paladine_PSoT fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Sep 30, 2017

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
How long did the Alex take ya?

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Is this the game where a boss was supposed to be unkillable, then when a guild got within a few moments of killing it, Sony killed the servers? I'm trying to remember that story but I don't recall what game it was.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Is this the game where a boss was supposed to be unkillable, then when a guild got within a few moments of killing it, Sony killed the servers? I'm trying to remember that story but I don't recall what game it was.

No it's the one where the guild spent 18 hours trying to kill it before giving up.

Also the one where another guild spent months working their way through a notorious monster system only to have the end boss be a placeholder. (Look up ATNM Test)

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Thanks, I'd never heard of either of those. This stuff is super interesting.

The one I was thinking of was The Sleeper from Everquest.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

How long did the Alex take ya?

4-6 days or so, I unabashedly bought it.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

Kazy posted:

No it's the one where the guild spent 18 hours trying to kill it before giving up.

Also the one where another guild spent months working their way through a notorious monster system only to have the end boss be a placeholder. (Look up ATNM Test)

Wasn't the 18 hour fight due to the alliance trying to brute force the boss down through effectively infinite healing?

Now that I'm actually into the endgame properly and am doing lots of group content, I've discovered that the pubs in this game are alarmingly clueless for the most part. I don't get how people have played this game for like more then a decade and still gently caress up skill chains and poo poo.

Also Puppetmaster is officially the coolest.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

The 18-hour fight was the original version of Pandemonium Warden, which had several more forms than it does now (including the five Serpent Generals, among others).

Before that, there was Absolute Virtue, which was supposedly killable at the time, but as far as I know, nobody ever figured out the ability-locking or regen-removing mechanics. Eventually things like Alexander's Perfect Defense and the level cap increases made the fight far more manageable and the major mechanics could be brute-forced.

And yeah, The Sleeper from Everquest is one of those legends of MMO lore at this point. It had no loot table and wasn't intended to be killed; it was part of a one-time-per-server permanent world event. After killing the mobs that kept the Sleeper sealed, he woke up, killed everyone in the area, and then rampaged across the world to kill a specific named mob.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Anyone in the linkshell beaten Ygnas Directive 6? I don't think I've got any job geared well enough to attempt to sleep the mobs.

I'd appreciate help, if possible.

Botman
Mar 3, 2006
DASH DASH DASH!!!!
Well, it's been about 10 years since I quit and switched to WoW, but I'm about to install this again, and see if I can can get interested in playing it with all the changes made to make stuff easier. I was around 55-60 when I stopped playing (shortly after WotG came out). First thing on the agenda: get the trust NPCs and all the other new systems, and see if that will help me finally conquer my old demons, and let me get my level cap quests and Artifact Equipment.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Botman posted:

Well, it's been about 10 years since I quit and switched to WoW, but I'm about to install this again, and see if I can can get interested in playing it with all the changes made to make stuff easier. I was around 55-60 when I stopped playing (shortly after WotG came out). First thing on the agenda: get the trust NPCs and all the other new systems, and see if that will help me finally conquer my old demons, and let me get my level cap quests and Artifact Equipment.

Don't stress out too much over AF gear. With the way the game works now you'll quickly outpace gear upgrades while leveling. You'll want it eventually for i119 upgrades, but on the road to 99 you can wear whatever as long as you keep your weapons up-to-date and have good trusts out.

Botman
Mar 3, 2006
DASH DASH DASH!!!!

DizzyBum posted:

Don't stress out too much over AF gear. With the way the game works now you'll quickly outpace gear upgrades while leveling. You'll want it eventually for i119 upgrades, but on the road to 99 you can wear whatever as long as you keep your weapons up-to-date and have good trusts out.

I figured, but this is something I want to do (at least for my main jobs). As long as the quests are trivialized enough at a high enough level, I'm going to do them, because not being able to do them back then was what caused me to quit in the first place.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
they're especially trivialized cause you can buy coffer keys from a moogle now depending on how far you've done rhapsodies of vanadiel quests (which it sounds like you'll be fine since you'll be getting the trusts)

the only real roadblock on the ROVs is an NM fight Siren but anyone in the LS can stomp it for you

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Paladine_PSoT posted:

RDM

Duties, Tasks, Deeds:
Ichor: 56720/100000
Tokens: 55364/150000
Alex: 30000/30000
Assaults: 50/50

Scoria: 3/3
Beitetsu: 10300/10300

Job points: 45/2100

sevenflow
Jun 28, 2003
just watch it for a second
I'm going to play a lot Friday evening and this weekend. Who should I talk to for a Linkpearl? In game name is Acebase.

Botman
Mar 3, 2006
DASH DASH DASH!!!!

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

they're especially trivialized cause you can buy coffer keys from a moogle now depending on how far you've done rhapsodies of vanadiel quests (which it sounds like you'll be fine since you'll be getting the trusts)

the only real roadblock on the ROVs is an NM fight Siren but anyone in the LS can stomp it for you

I think I'll server transfer over the weekend and join up if I don't find any activity from the LS courier on my current server before then (I'm on Quetzalcoatl, a holdover from when the Goon shell was on Midgardsomr). Looking at the quests, it looks like I can do everything up to The Lion's Roar for RoV content. I'll see if I can get that done, then it seems like Altepa Desert is where I want to start the grind for my 55 MNK. (I don't think I even picked up the teleport crystal there.)

Is there any other Post-Aht Urghan content/unlocks for low to mid level characters I should know about besides that? (Already got RoE and Bastok Trusts unlocked.)

Botman fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Oct 4, 2017

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Botman posted:

I think I'll server transfer over the weekend and join up if I don't find any activity from the LS courier on my current server before then (I'm on Quetzalcoatl, a holdover from when the Goon shell was on Midgardsomr). Looking at the quests, it looks like I can do everything up to The Lion's Roar for RoV content. I'll see if I can get that done, then it seems like Altepa Desert is where I want to start the grind for my 55 MNK. (I don't think I even picked up the teleport crystal there.)

Is there any other Post-Aht Urghan content/unlocks for low to mid level characters I should know about besides that? (Already got RoE and Bastok Trusts unlocked.)

I think 55 is a good time to grind in escha zi'tah, too. The trusts you get through the basic records of eminence quests will be good.

Also join a unity when you can. I recommend yoran-oran or apururu because both are good healers

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

sevenflow posted:

I'm going to play a lot Friday evening and this weekend. Who should I talk to for a Linkpearl? In game name is Acebase.

I should be around most of Friday evening and Saturday morning and can get you a pearl. ign Herewaard

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
level MNK if you enjoy and like it but be warned it's extremely out of the current endgame meta cause it produces too much TP and all its weaponskills suck ultimately.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

level MNK if you enjoy and like it but be warned it's extremely out of the current endgame meta cause it produces too much TP and all its weaponskills suck ultimately.

If you just want to do current badass job, it's blu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
yeah blu/war with the right spells gets double attack, store tp, triple attack, attack and accuracy traits, dual wield, and a bunch of poo poo. it's a monster DD job.

the job point gifts are extremely good too: 100 and 1200 job point gifts increase the tier of all traits by one level each. so setting dual wield 1 gives you dual wield 3. (doesn't effect traits that change with higher tiers, like double attack/triple attack and gil finder/treasure hunter and auto refresh for some reason)

it's also a really powerful AOE job since it isn't limited by mob density (number of mobs doesn't affect damage done to each). this mage ability also lets it participate in a lot of higher end content since it can nuke decently where meleeing isn't as much of the focus point. the versatility is great.

a lot of the more traditional DDs are still good too, dark knight and warriors can do some loving work.