Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

GobiasIndustries posted:

the power to the entire hosting service went out, and once the forums were back up somehow all of ZDR's posts were wiped out, which hosed with the page count. Rather than waiting for the DB to re-index everything (since nobody was sure it would) a new thread was made.

also the forums got taken offline for a few minutes to fix poo poo and the Read My Twitter! link on the downtime page went straight to the taxman's own permabanned page, which was funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Al! posted:

yeah it'll explode in2 drama sooner or l8r

:gbsmith:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

brugroffil posted:

this is always the case for "we can't find workers!!!" stories even during 2009-2010. "Why won't anyone move to rural Tennessee and pay for their own training to get a 6 month temp machinist job for $12/hr?? Lazy ingrates!"

i mean if u accept that people are lazy ingrates who will not work for below a certain wage then the sensible thing to me seems to be to offer a wage higher than that but you know i also am not a corporation so im dumb af

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

That's definitely not unknown

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Addamere posted:

not gonna click the story but there is a 100% chance the measures taken to hire american did not include higher wages, benefits, time off, or anything else that would make the job desirable to articulate white people or even inarticulate white people or you know people in general

nah he actually did, he wasn't paying 14 an hour before, he was offering flex scheduling for college kids and letting women work only when their kids were in school

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

who is this and also what

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

pathetic little tramp posted:

lol Americans are pussies

Manual labor like that is backbreaking work and lots of the people who do it sacrifice their bodies and often end up "retired" on disability in their 40's-50's assuming they are eligible.

It's naked exploitation of poor migrant workers generally. Anyone who has done that kind of stuff for even a short time (I did it for maybe 9 months) can appreciate not having to do it

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

it's goth mrs frizzle :q:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

https://twitter.com/Tennessean/status/915970240927948801

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

lol McConnell is so hosed

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Mons Hubris posted:

That's definitely not unknown

yeah i think the deku tree siad that in link to the past??????

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Thank you for linking the heartwarming tale of the former illegal immigrant who discovered the magic of slave labor through capitalism.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

There was some college kid on the bus today listening to RATM in his headphones and I had the terrifying thought that they were as old and removed from his own era as like, Pink Floyd's The Wall was to me as a teenager.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

any1 have a verrit code for it

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/gaileyfrey/status/915258913762582529

:thunk:

not even the film plot tells you..its outrageous imo...

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Al! posted:

i'm going to whip ur rear end like a deku scrub

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

lol why would you ask nicely when you can just offer to suck his dick

its win-win baby

Al! posted:

nah it was sheik

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

is Blackburn good or bad

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

gently caress, breath of the wild is so good you guys

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Al! posted:

gently caress, breath of the wild is so good you guys

it's the best

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Naerasa posted:

nah it was sheik

na it was definitely "time mage" from FFT when casting a specific time spell

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

and I can't get enough hillary clinton shutting the gently caress up

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
But the core core problem is most Americans don't want to pay what something is worth. They want their landscaping done super cheap and don't give a gently caress.

So the places that hire illegals for less than minwage are going to get all the business while if you try to pay your legal workers the right amount, they'll say you're too expensive and fire you.

Americans simultaneously want cheap slave labour to do their jobs and bitch that they can't get jobs because there's all this cheap slave labour around.

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

the bitcoin of weed posted:

also the forums got taken offline for a few minutes to fix poo poo and the Read My Twitter! link on the downtime page went straight to the taxman's own permabanned page, which was funny

good poo poo

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

euphronius posted:

is Blackburn good or bad

So bad

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/NoToFeminism/status/915967099108941824

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

devour the rich whole

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Epic High Five posted:

lol McConnell is so hosed

If I were him I'd hang it up and give a big fat 'nope' to running again in 2020. He'll be almost 80 at that point, I can't see the job getting any more enjoyable regardless of who wins. But hey i'm not the litch king so what do I know?

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

pathetic little tramp posted:

But the core core problem is most Americans don't want to pay what something is worth. They want their landscaping done super cheap and don't give a gently caress.

So the places that hire illegals for less than minwage are going to get all the business while if you try to pay your legal workers the right amount, they'll say you're too expensive and fire you.

Americans simultaneously want cheap slave labour to do their jobs and bitch that they can't get jobs because there's all this cheap slave labour around.

in closing, america is a land of contrasts

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
[quote="“juche avocado”" post="“477081387”"]
cspam’s collective constitution is really fragile judging by some of the chattin in discord but discord yay :unsmith:
[/quote]

need to reroll higher constitution

BrownieMinusEye
Apr 22, 2008

Oven Wrangler

The Warthog posted:

I'm not well versed in Tennessee politics. Is she more lovely than any generic republican?

Yeah, Blackburn was a fascist poo poo before it was cool

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Lastgirl posted:

LIFE IS SHORT! BURY! TIME FLOWS LIKE A STEADY SWORD!

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/sarahjeong/status/915978283266719745

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

juche avocado posted:

it's goth mrs frizzle :q:

The Warthog
Mar 25, 2013

Did I just do your job for you?

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

She refuses to speak to constituents. Lives in a safely gerrymandered county with old antebellum plantation slave owner families. Stopped supporting violence against women bill as soon as Trans women were involved. Co-sponsored the bill to allow ISPs to monetize your search history. Repeatedly backed Blue Lives Matter groups.

Literally the worst person to take Corker's already lovely senate seat.

Well, with a track record like that, I'm sure she couldn't win a statewide election...right? :smithicide:

she will

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

euphronius posted:

is Blackburn good or bad

Political cancer-AIDS bad

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

holy poo poo the rest of this guy's twitter

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Lastgirl posted:

you might be thinking about what the judge says whenever you earn judge points

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

GobiasIndustries posted:

If I were him I'd hang it up and give a big fat 'nope' to running again in 2020. He'll be almost 80 at that point, I can't see the job getting any more enjoyable regardless of who wins. But hey i'm not the litch king so what do I know?

It's really hard to understand the motivations of someone like that. Why is he putting so much work and time into taking away people's healthcare? It doesn't benefit him at all. He already has more money then he can spend in what's left of his lifetime.

Is it just sadism?

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

gun control is antifemnisn becuause what if i need to shoot my rapist to death, take that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

There was some college kid on the bus today listening to RATM in his headphones and I had the terrifying thought that they were as old and removed from his own era as like, Pink Floyd's The Wall was to me as a teenager.

• Locked thread