Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

I like Moscow mules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Trainwreck anime examples: Valvrave\Code Geass.

poo poo is either hilariously bad and\or a wreckage of humanity smashing into one another.

Considering the 1st episode, I'm better on the latter.

For those wondering, Valvrave is the former and a reason I now use that term.

I watched part of the 1st episode of Urahara and holy poo poo, that style. :3:

It does seem kind of slow so far but nothing I'd stop watching for.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
gin & bourbon are good

ed: is shingaki no bahamut - virgin soul a trainwreck? I have never seen anything go off the rails quite like that

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

trainwreck as a term should really be retired, so i'm reluctant to say even a show like bahamut s2, which totally took a dive in the back half and burned a ton of fan goodwill, should be described as one.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

dogsicle posted:

trainwreck as a term should really be retired, so i'm reluctant to say even a show like bahamut s2, which totally took a dive in the back half and burned a ton of fan goodwill, should be described as one.

It's usage has turned into a bit of a trainwreck

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
The less sense a plot direction takes, the more of a trainwreck it is.

Some shows just flat out deserve it. Juni Taisen just has me waiting for the dumbest possible plot points since the 1st one had I'm gonna drive my sister to insanity so I can get the "honor" of murdering 11 other people and make daddy proud

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the trainwreck scale

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Does the train wreck in Kabaneri?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

chumbler posted:

Oh god I forgot about that show. Completely.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

chumbler posted:

It literally gets suplexed.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
which show this season will be the deconstruction of a trainwreck

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Everything Burrito posted:

I'm sure at least one will be, but only because it's ironic satire.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

I would assume Girls' Last Tour will involve salvaging machine parts from wreckage.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

well it was supposed to be pop team epic but that got delayed for a presumably trainwreck production cycle

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"

dogsicle posted:

Pretty much this. The term means less and less every time it's used. For instance, Kabaneri did have the literal wrecking of a train, but the show was a standard shonen anime to its core and everything that happened wasn't unexpected for an "Attack on Titan meets Resident Evil except in steampunk Japan" concept.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
i checked out just because just because its an original anime and those are rare af these days, and its a well enough made boring slice of life piece of poo poo if you enjoy those

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

there is plenty original anime

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
no

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

like 1/4 of the shows this season are original

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
well enough made piece of poo poo if you like those

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Neo Yokio.

I cannot tell if I'm being ironic or not.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

http://www.kamikazedouga.co.jp/archives/news_2017_12.html

Kamikaze Douga is animating a Batman thing next year.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Neo Yokio was many things. A deconstruction is not one of them.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
A deconstruction of Jaden Smith's career.

Just kidding, he doesn't have one.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
it was many things, most of all, Good.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Oct 6, 2017

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Moltrey posted:

Ezra, is that you?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The teens of Just Because all have phones that never stop buzzing. I kept thinking my phone was going off lol.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
New Thread :toot:

quote:

Urahara
Shirogumi ; EMTē | Kubo, Amika | Takahashi, Natsuko | Sci-Fi, Comedy, Fantasy | Web Manga | Oct 4, 2017
Three high school girls are putting together a limited-time shop called "PARK" in Japan's Harajuku. One day, aliens come to Earth with the intent to steal the famed district's culture. At the same time, a mysterious girl appears. The three girls band together to defeat the alien threat and protect their beloved Harajuku.
PV
Thread

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

dogsicle posted:

drat, really? I heard so much praise for it in the first half I was really looking forward to watching it.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

drat, really? I heard so much praise for it in the first half I was really looking forward to watching it.

i've seen a few people mention actually liking the ending but most of the opinions i saw between ANN and twitter were gradually more and more negative.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

anyway if you still believe in the term trainwreck, it seems like King's Game will be the show to deliver on that front this season

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Moltrey posted:

It was the best and I desperately want a season 2.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwUghPuqNAU

Takehashi Rie. excellent

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I'm enjoying Just Because because it gets across a peculiar mood: that kind of ennui you get when you are on the cusp of a great transition in your life, but at the same time it feels like you are half-assing that scenario. Everyone's prepping for college or work, but at the same time no one is particularly successful and it feels like a slog. The show tries to explore that atmosphere.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

well, half assed and slog are certainly words i'd use to describe it, just with zero enjoyment

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I didn't find Bahamut s2's second half to be particularly weaker than the first, except for the last few eps, which went all GIANT EPIC FANTASY BATTLE. Not as interesting as swashbuckling hijinks, though they pulled it off better than s1 did. I liked the show a lot.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

juuni taisen is some good edgy bullshit

king's game is some bad edgy bullshit

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I didn't find Bahamut s2's second half to be particularly weaker than the first, except for the last few eps, which went all GIANT EPIC FANTASY BATTLE. Not as interesting as swashbuckling hijinks, though they pulled it off better than s1 did. I liked the show a lot.

Does Bahamut show up in Season 2?

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I don't mind giant epic fantasy battles (especially when the opening has promised them), but the number of characters shoehorned in made things a lot weaker and the refusal to actually engage with Charioce's actions was idiotic.

I would have been very happy with him going down in flames and Nina learning that sometimes you crush on people who turn out to be awful, but apparently the writer disagreed. The fate of some other characters just made things worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

More like Chuuni Taisen

• Locked thread