Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

iPodschun posted:

I don't remember my exact setup but I believe I had three physical characters with OSBs ready to unload before the doom timer finished. My party was probably something like Noctis, Cloud or Squall, OK (I have his BSB and OSB), Setzer, Rosa forgot about the aoe sleep so I probably used Larsa.

Sigh, I have 2 physical OSBs, one of which is Cid's, and she absorbs both of his elements. I don't know how I can pump out enough damage to burst her down that fast, my mage team is way better at that but then she has innate shell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Pulled on the Crystal Tower banner - got Sarah BSB in the draw, and selected Yuna BSB2.

Then I realized I had Palom/Porom BSB (the one that also has the faithga) and I was all :doh:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
It is REALLY nice to be able to take down Fenrir for free with a mage team. I can finally start farming up Enkidu.

Being able to hit the magic cap with the entire team is really cool and fun and having a pile of 99 magicites making everyone even better feels great after all the frustration I've experienced with other magicites. I'm also going to experiment with the Cloud USB Demonsblood strat for Living Flame. I almost got it to work against Omega Apex so I'm pretty confident I can do it against at least one magicite. Finally having Y'shtola's BSB has made everything in general so much easier. Her full Legend Dive doubling her BSB commands allows me to basically solo heal a ton of things I couldn't before.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Sigh, I have 2 physical OSBs, one of which is Cid's, and she absorbs both of his elements. I don't know how I can pump out enough damage to burst her down that fast, my mage team is way better at that but then she has innate shell.
My primary source of damage was RW Cloud USB -> Shadow's BSB backed by dark imperil from Rufus and an entrust bot for three more bars. The relevant thing there is that his opener is instacast, so despite its relatively low power it still deals hilarious DPS in a damage race like this.

Of course you may not actually have Shadow's BSB, but more generally you'd do well to find some high speed effect in your arsenal and then amplify it as much as possible.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Ok wow I severely underestimated Dusk's Decree. Bismark down, magicite dungeons cleared. :toot:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Nihilarian posted:

Ok wow I severely underestimated Dusk's Decree. Bismark down, magicite dungeons cleared. :toot:

Congrats! :toot:

Dusk's Decree is still really really good and I'm glad another person is learning to appreciate it. The healing on command 1 is really what makes it so awesome.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Nihilarian posted:

Can say, Ashe and Laguna be enough deeps to kill the whale? I'm really on the fence about taking Kain or Fuujin. I've got a drat good phys wind team but I remember reading that golem is particularly rude to a phys comp. Fuujin would be it for wind magic, so I'm not sure?

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Servaetes posted:

Can say, Ashe and Laguna be enough deeps to kill the whale? I'm really on the fence about taking Kain or Fuujin. I've got a drat good phys wind team but I remember reading that golem is particularly rude to a phys comp. Fuujin would be it for wind magic, so I'm not sure?

MIght take a while depending on how well you can buff both attack and magic. On the other hand Bismark's lacks any of the status effects of the other magicites, opting instead for more mixed elemental damage, so you can take it a little slower and try for a battle of attrition.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Servaetes posted:

I'm not sure how well my experience will translate to your situation since I took a dedicated mage team with 3 faithgas, rather than a mixed team. I didn't feel like I had much difficulty damaging him but my damage mitigation was a bit lacking.

I'm really glad Ashe got 4* witch, incidentally. I max ranked both of the 4* witch skills for the magicite dungeons and they've been way more useful than the 5* ones so far.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
Trying to decide on my gem banner relic, what's the consensus on Delita's USB/BSB combo? I drew the USB during the fest and it seems to be made to pair nicely with the Burst. The issue I'm having is I'm already all-in on spellblades; I fully decked out Bartz (LMR and Bursts 1-3) and Squall (BSB2) so I'm worried another dual-spellblader is just overkill. Plus he lacks en-element.

My other considerations are Master for the non-elemental damage or something with Last Stand.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Philouza posted:

Trying to decide on my gem banner relic, what's the consensus on Delita's USB/BSB combo? I drew the USB during the fest and it seems to be made to pair nicely with the Burst. The issue I'm having is I'm already all-in on spellblades; I fully decked out Bartz (LMR and Bursts 1-3) and Squall (BSB2) so I'm worried another dual-spellblader is just overkill. Plus he lacks en-element.

My other considerations are Master for the non-elemental damage or something with Last Stand.

I'm really interested to hear more about the Delita combo, but I ultimately took Raines myself. Doesn't sound like you any overwhelming good alternatives though, so that's where my vote is going for you. He can at least cover elements for Magicite (at least on paper). But yeah, there's unfortunately not much out there about Delita's effectiveness.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
The XI torment is a real bitch. I couldn't do it so I picked Prishe BSB from the CT selection betraying Kain, a person who would never betray anyone.

I still can't do the drat thing. Holy crap are there many things that can go wrong here.

Maybe I'll just settle for a 2 CM and do it later.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

The XI torment is a real bitch. I couldn't do it so I picked Prishe BSB from the CT selection betraying Kain, a person who would never betray anyone.

I still can't do the drat thing. Holy crap are there many things that can go wrong here.

I ended up doing it with a mixed elemental team. I had Locke BSB and Celes BSB2 at the same time with Cloud USB shenanigans. Fire imperil wasn't enough to take down the dragon in the 300 but Celes flattened it really easy.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Did Prishe contribute anything of value? It's still on my radar with Larsa, Beatrix and maybe Sarah for my choices. I'm leaning towards Beatrix for need, but there's good reason for me to pick any of them.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
How in the absolute gently caress did you guys beat this Chandarnook Jumpstart? He's continually killing my party before my very first commands go off. If I get lucky and manage to sneak out wall+proshell, he immediately swaps to Godess form and all my queued attacks kill me.

This is really goddamn frustrating!

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

ceaselessfuture posted:

How in the absolute gently caress did you guys beat this Chandarnook Jumpstart? He's continually killing my party before my very first commands go off. If I get lucky and manage to sneak out wall+proshell, he immediately swaps to Godess form and all my queued attacks kill me.

Lightning resist accessories and a lot of luck.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

ceaselessfuture posted:

Fully-dived Agrias, Cloud USB RW + Divine Ruination BSB, lighting and status resist gear, Tyro USB (the status evade one), Affliction Break, then good timing to blow his doors off with Agrias and USB.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
All poo poo I don't have yet and my fresh new characters aren't fully leveled...

Hmm. I might be missing out on much needed 5* Bravery motes this time, but I think I still have a few hours.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I may just legend dive Vaan after experiencing his USB used with Cloud USB RW

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

iamsosmrt posted:

Did Prishe contribute anything of value? It's still on my radar with Larsa, Beatrix and maybe Sarah for my choices. I'm leaning towards Beatrix for need, but there's good reason for me to pick any of them.

Some, but that's just about what you'd expect from a level 80 without a dive. I'll try to see if I can round some of the rough edges with my strategy but the randomness makes it hard. I'm running a fairly low power team so your experience might be better.

MegaRamza
Lightning with OSB and ice/fire R2 shots (gently caress the airy shield though)

80 Prishe with the fresh BSB
80 Ayame
80 Aphmau

The fire/ice weakness really screws me over. Lightning isn't very good here but still seems like the best pick considering her high stats from the pile of mastered soul breaks.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

ceaselessfuture posted:

All poo poo I don't have yet and my fresh new characters aren't fully leveled...

Hmm. I might be missing out on much needed 5* Bravery motes this time, but I think I still have a few hours.

If you have any sources of fire damage both forms are weak to it. I took Refia and Steiner with BSB and when I could finally get my defenses up and strip its physical immunity it melted pretty quickly. Still was a close call due to a form change getting my healer confused and killed but I was able to burst its last phase down.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

Meh, maybe I'll try more XI later.

For now I took the 2 CM replacing Ayame with Vaan (BSB).

With Ayame on board I could kill the Seeker using one Cloud USB and no SBs from Lightning. You'd think one Cloud USB, 4 Ice Twinshots and 3 Lightning SBs could take down the dragon but that thing is built like a brick shithouse.

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.
Any suggestions for what I should choose on this bonus relic? I started playing this game right before this event started so I have none of these things. Basically what is the best one for a newbie?

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Fru Fru posted:

Any suggestions for what I should choose on this bonus relic? I started playing this game right before this event started so I have none of these things. Basically what is the best one for a newbie?

A healer bsb would be the best bet if you don't have one already. Ysh'tola and Vanille each have their bsbs available here and they are pretty much the gold standard in healer bsbs for different reasons.

Ysh'tola has been my primary healer for a year now based on the strength of her bsb, wall, and wrath access.

saltylopez fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Oct 5, 2017

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

Fru Fru posted:

Assuming you have absolutely nothing the best pick in a vacuum is Yshtola's Healing Circlet (Asylum). When you build a team it goes something like this:

Suitable DPS
Suitable DPS
Suitable DPS
Support
Healer

The DPS slots come and go based on the fight and whatever you are lucky enough to pull. Yshtola with Asylum is good enough to be your main healer for as long as you'll play the game.

If you already have another healing Burst Soul Break (BSB) you should look elsewhere though. I'd recommend Beatrix in that case as she's a strong, versatile character with a wonderful BSB.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i think beatrix/agrias's bursts are getting a little long in the tooth by now

for a new player i think larsa's is very interesting, keeping in mind that status blink is fairly rare, and while asylum is strong you can usually get enough healing from non-yshtola sources.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I spent a while last night agonizing over Larsa vs Y'sholta and settled on Larsa because I think I'm more likely to pull on an XIV banner and I'd really want Stoneskin for Ysh anyway.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Do the mote dungeons still reopen from time to time?

I think there's one I never finished.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

3/11 on Crystal Tower, nothing but junk SSBs. Oh well, still worth it for Y'shtola's BSB.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Prav posted:

i think beatrix/agrias's bursts are getting a little long in the tooth by now
Agrias using Cloud RW and 3xBurst vs belias and his archdemons is BEAUTIFUL.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Crazy Larry posted:

If you have any sources of fire damage both forms are weak to it. I took Refia and Steiner with BSB and when I could finally get my defenses up and strip its physical immunity it melted pretty quickly. Still was a close call due to a form change getting my healer confused and killed but I was able to burst its last phase down.

Yeah, a few, but they're all 80. I'm currently torn between a somewhat successful mage option and making a fire-based physical option. Would love some help:

Mage party

Vayne
Ace
Iris/Hope
Sazh
Larsa

My current best attempt; got him to around 50% with Ace alone, but I'm sure I could do better.

Relevant characters:

Auron BSB
Galuf BSB

For obvious reasons

Gilgamesh BSB, USB for drawtaliate which might curb the 4 physical attack nonsense

Noctis SSB, USB for Insta party spam, mostly (problem is the Phy immunity for a while)

Vayne SSB, BSB for another party Insta and more mage or fighter support

Penelo USB for insta healing

Marach BSB for debuffing option

Reks, Ramza, and Gladio for +Atk

Not sure if any of my other characters would be relevant. I'd love to bring Vaan to this but he's only level 60. Zidane seems useless, and my other mages are also under leveled.

Thanks for any help, friends!

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'm kinda agonizing over the choice because I literally pulled three new healer BSBs on the medica lucky and that was my only real luck during the festival, but I also have Kain's and Agrias's (i.e. Beatrix's) BSBs already so i don't know what damage option I'd actually take other than Orlandu. Which, eh.

None of the damage options are as useful or interesting as the healing ones, and most are on characters I don't like or from games I don't care about. I prolly woulda taken Leila or Edgar just for the novelty of a poison one, RIP.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

as a long-time player i think i'm just gonna pass on the selection. 50 myth for a CM-medica and some random ancient SSB is pretty steep.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Orlandeau's BSB looks like it would work well with his SSB, which I already have, is that the case?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Nihilarian posted:

Orlandeau's BSB looks like it would work well with his SSB, which I already have, is that the case?

ehhhhhh

The OSB works so well cause it covers the whole BSB duration (and does a shitton of damage on its own). The SSB is pretty cool, being instant and AOE, but it's potency isn't OSB tier and it only affects the next two actions, not the whole BSB.

It's better than nothing?

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.

Assuming you have absolutely nothing the best pick in a vacuum is Yshtola's Healing Circlet (Asylum). When you build a team it goes something like this:

Suitable DPS
Suitable DPS
Suitable DPS
Support
Healer

The DPS slots come and go based on the fight and whatever you are lucky enough to pull. Yshtola with Asylum is good enough to be your main healer for as long as you'll play the game.

If you already have another healing Burst Soul Break (BSB) you should look elsewhere though. I'd recommend Beatrix in that case as she's a strong, versatile character with a wonderful BSB.

I have been using Ovelia's. Is that good enough or should I switch?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Alright, so my decision is basically between Fujin, Kain, and Orlandeau I guess.

I have OSBs for Fujin and Orlandeau, and it seems like Orlandeau in particular has a good combo there. But wind magic is rare, and Fujin's relic has +wind that requires no synergy, which is kinda nice.

I don't even know if Kain's BSB still holds up, but I don't have a ton of physical lightning stuff and it's also a +lightning spear.

What should I go with here?

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

ceaselessfuture posted:

Yeah, a few, but they're all 80. I'm currently torn between a somewhat successful mage option and making a fire-based physical option. Would love some help:

Mage party

Vayne
Ace
Iris/Hope
Sazh
Larsa

My current best attempt; got him to around 50% with Ace alone, but I'm sure I could do better.

Relevant characters:

Auron BSB
Galuf BSB

For obvious reasons

Gilgamesh BSB, USB for drawtaliate which might curb the 4 physical attack nonsense

Noctis SSB, USB for Insta party spam, mostly (problem is the Phy immunity for a while)

Vayne SSB, BSB for another party Insta and more mage or fighter support

Penelo USB for insta healing

Marach BSB for debuffing option

Reks, Ramza, and Gladio for +Atk

Not sure if any of my other characters would be relevant. I'd love to bring Vaan to this but he's only level 60. Zidane seems useless, and my other mages are also under leveled.

Thanks for any help, friends!

I'd probably build a party around Galuf and Auron. Takes a little more setting up to get around the immunity but their BSBs should tear through its hp once you do. Assuming you have a SB for Ace that makes him relevant you might be able to put Chadarnook in its very weak phase (after it takes 275k damage) mostly just using the SBs themselves, which locks it in demon form.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
my conundrum is between the I II and XIV healer bursts

I don't have a healer bsb for any of these realms and while yshtola should be the obvious choice, shes already got wall and proshellga sb duty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Snazzy Frocks posted:

my conundrum is between the I II and XIV healer bursts

I don't have a healer bsb for any of these realms and while yshtola should be the obvious choice, shes already got wall and proshellga sb duty
Minwu's BSB doesn't heal on entry, and I don't think offensive white mages ever really took off

• Locked thread