Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
So it looks like the Las Vegas gunman was planning a shooting back in August that could have been a lot worse:

quote:

CHICAGO -- Stephen Paddock, the gunman in the Las Vegas massacre, booked two rooms in the Blackstone Hotel overlooking Lollapalooza, according to TMZ.

The Blackstone Hotel is located at 636 S Michigan Ave, directly across the street from Chicago's Grant Park where the annual musical festival is held.

Paddock booked one room for August 1, 2017 -- two days before the festival started. He booked a second room for an August 3 arrival. Both rooms had a checkout date of August 6, when Lollapalooza ended.

Paddock requested a room with a view, but never showed up for his reservation, according to TMZ sources.

http://wgntv.com/2017/10/05/las-vegas-gunman-booked-hotel-overlooking-lollapalooza-report-says/

That bridge you see down there is completely jam-packed during Lollapalooza with people trying to get into the festival. There's basically no way to escape the bridge other than by jumping off from the sides to your potential death in the event there's loving gunfire raining down on you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Every missed reservation at a music festival is now going to trigger a massive manhunt now, isn't it?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Its Rinaldo posted:

I thought everyone ran at the lowest settings to avoid lag regardless of how beastly their rig is I have a pretty good rig and run it at low for same reasons

Yeah the game is buggy and most people run the settings low. But having a high resolution screen in this game, which has nothing to do with the game settings, makes a HUGE difference.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Can we talk about how e-sports are the worst development in the history of the human experience?

Starcraft and CSGO e-sports is actually really entertaining but I can't get into other games..that's probably because I play those though

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Yeah Pro Starcraft is great because the game has been out for 20 years unchanged which means at this point the best players are on a level beyond what anyone thought possible

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Oh man the NRA is shook

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Trump just decertified the Iran deal, likely to make Rex's life as miserable as possible.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Starcraft and CSGO e-sports is actually really entertaining but I can't get into other games..that's probably because I play those though

Part of the problem though is publishers keep pushing developers to make the next esports game.

With call of duty numbers steadily declining Activision pushed bungie to develop the pvp side of destiny 2 with esports in mind. A lot of what made the original a lot of fun from the final iteration has been removed making it feel a lot more vanilla.

Problem is no one sprung for dedicated servers and bungie have an "everyone gets a hug" mentality with their games so the match making is skill rather than connection based.

So it becomes a laggy mess if you have any ability at shooters. Kind of a shame especially when you compare it to a game like titan fall which was fun as hell and had 0 competitive scene.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Its Rinaldo posted:

^^^^Well they are likely Niners fans heyoooo illl see myself out

:same:

I left the land of the niners.

They're all raiders rams and seahawks

loving disgusting subhuman filth

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Trump just decertified the Iran deal, likely to make Rex's life as miserable as possible.

It's gonna be interesting because Europe is not gonna back out of it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

FizFashizzle posted:

He's trying to get Rex to resign because he's too cowardly to fire him.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Where are you getting the Iran thing because I can't find anything about it

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Where are you getting the Iran thing because I can't find anything about it

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...1e38_story.html

President Trump plans to announce next week that he will “decertify” the international nuclear deal with Iran, saying it is not in the national interest of the United States and kicking the issue to a reluctant Congress, people briefed on an emerging White House strategy for Iran said Thursday.
The move would mark the first step in a process that could eventually result in the resumption of U.S. sanctions against Iran, which would blow up a deal limiting Iran’s nuclear activities that the country reached in 2015 with the U.S. and five other nations.
Trump is expected to deliver a speech, tentatively scheduled for Oct. 12, laying out a larger strategy for confronting the nation it blames for terrorism and instability throughout the Middle East.
Under what is described as a tougher and more comprehensive approach, Trump would open the door to modifying the landmark 2015 agreement he has repeatedly bashed as a raw deal for the United States. But for now he would hold off on recommending that Congress reimpose sanctions on Iran that would abrogate the agreement, said four people familiar with aspects of the president’s thinking.
All cautioned that plans are not fully set and could change. The White House would not confirm plans for a speech or its contents. Trump faces an Oct. 15 deadline to report to Congress on whether Iran is complying with the agreement and whether he judges the deal to be in the U.S. national interest.

President Trump criticized the Iran nuclear deal and called the Iranian government a “corrupt dictatorship” while addressing the United Nations General Assembly on Sept. 19.
“The administration looks forward to sharing details of our Iran strategy at the appropriate time,” said Michael A. Anton, spokesman for the White House national security council.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Embarrassingly, the best thing for world peace would be for some nation to give Iran some ICBM's immediately.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

Embarrassingly, the best thing for world peace would be for some nation to give Iran some ICBM's immediately.

They don't need them. Iran could do far more harm to the us by cratering the energy market than it ever could with a nuke.

If they had a nuke, it would mean if ever there was a dust up with the United States, American politicians would be forced to go in a take out their nuclear capabilities.

As it stands, america has no reason to actually put boots on the ground there, and Iran has the deterrent of sinking an oil transporter and watching the insurance and crude markets implode.

Nov 6, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

They don't need them. Iran could do far more harm to the us by cratering the energy market than it ever could with a nuke.

If they had a nuke, it would mean if ever there was a dust up with the United States, American politicians would be forced to go in a take out their nuclear capabilities.

As it stands, america has no reason to actually put boots on the ground there, and Iran has the deterrent of sinking an oil transporter and watching the insurance and crude markets implode.

None of that prevented the Iraqi invasion.

There are all sorts of idiots in Congress and the White House salivating at the idea of a war with Iran.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

It sounds like he wants to look tough while essentially letting someone else (congress) quietly continue the status quo

Also whatever happened to him supposedly saying nevermind to leaving the Paris Accords

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
the Paris accords thing was labeled as misinformation and swiftly denied iirc

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

None of that prevented the Iraqi invasion.

There are all sorts of idiots in Congress and the White House salivating at the idea of a war with Iran.

Iran could shut down all oil coming out of the gulf very easily.

Iraq, as catastrophically stupid as that was, couldn't make the same claim.

There was pressure within the bush admin to go ahead and invade Iran too and the rest of the republicans (and bush) resisted it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Iran could shut down all oil coming out of the gulf very easily.

Iraq, as catastrophically stupid as that was, couldn't make the same claim.

There was pressure within the bush admin to go ahead and invade Iran too and the rest of the republicans (and bush) resisted it.

Was it Rumsfeld? It was Rumsfeld wasn't it?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Was it Rumsfeld? It was Rumsfeld wasn't it?

Rumsfeld then Cheney.

Cheney still almost managed to convince w to start a shooting war with Russia over Georgia.

Oh wait never mind we've already fired the nukes

https://twitter.com/charliespiering/status/916022067400654848

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I am starting he feel like he is gonna just quit the presidency at some point

the moment he can find an out that lets him save face he will just Sarah Palin

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Sarah palin didn't even do that.

She just got high on pain meds and scrawled her name on some stationary.

Nov 6, 2002

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I've had a tremendous amount of success and accomplished everything I set out to! Really amazing, lots of wins for the American people. But my businesses have suffered, and my family needs me, so I'm gonna turn my attention to that.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The Sellout by Paul Beatty is such a good book. Incredibly funny and biting.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I remember when McCain conceded in 2008 and Palin wanted to speak during his concession

They were like "nnnnnnnnnnope"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Adlai Stevenson posted:

I love playing fighting games with my friends when we hang out. New KoF is fun and all but Kensou feels awkward and slow now and I can't forgive that. RIP my main since KoF95

kensou must die for the crime of being a fuckboy

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

like the dude clearly wants to be a full time guy who stream of consciousnesses on a podium more than he wants to be president

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Eli Wiggum posted:

I remember when McCain conceded in 2008 and Palin wanted to speak during his concession

They were like "nnnnnnnnnnope"

I loved that scene in Game Change. Julianne Moore was sooo good.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

https://twitter.com/AP/status/916031359017115648

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Haha

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Mel Mudkiper posted:

like the dude clearly wants to be a full time guy who stream of consciousnesses on a podium more than he wants to be president

No joke, I would watch the hell out of a Trump reality show or a talk show.

Maybe I have issues

Nov 6, 2002

Is that new Trek any good?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
bye whore!

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Roke. posted:

~~hello boys~~~

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I have many questions

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Skwirl posted:

Every missed reservation at a music festival is now going to trigger a massive manhunt now, isn't it?

I'm way more worried this will inspire more of this poo poo at things like music festivals and other outdoor events. The suicide cluster for gunman in this country is going strong and, seemingly, getting stronger.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Is that new Trek any good?

I watched the first episode and it was like... hmm. Maybe?

But then I found out you have to pay a minimum of $60/yr to CBS to watch the rest. $100 a year to watch the rest without commercials. So I was like, gently caress it, The Orville is better anyway.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Hot Diggity! posted:

The Sellout by Paul Beatty is such a good book. Incredibly funny and biting.

This is a pro rec for TFF book chat. You should read The White Boy Shuffle too if you haven't already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I have many questions

Admit Tom Brady is the best and I will explain

• Locked thread