Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Epic High Five posted:

let's be honest though, Christian dominionism is so strong in the air force now that they'd just use a civil war as an excuse to send out all their nukes and bring on the end times

i hear they're currently in the process of reacting into r/atheist types

so probably still down for the side thats about killing muslims

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

tacodaemon posted:

I'm using the Mechanical Soros to pay my shitposting legions in the Saudi Orb Room

wow that's some next level poo poo

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

GobiasIndustries posted:

guess the stories were true, murphy really doesn't believe in carrying things to full term

:trumppop:

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

triple sulk posted:

murphy resigned lol

wut

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

HAHA OUR HEADLINE IS A JOKE. We do not think that Robert Mueller is literally doing that! But Reuters reports that Mueller’s investigation is now specifically using the Steele Dossier, which has not been discredited, despite what Rep. Devin Nunes and other Republicans would like you to believe:

gently caress off

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Soros would be broke if he funded everything people say he funded

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Duscat posted:

i've fully automated my posting using amazon turk

what do you pay per post

asking for a friend

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Mons Hubris posted:

have you seen his tax returns

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

RoboGOP

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
https://twitter.com/aestheticnon/status/916037457237377024

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Mons Hubris posted:

but hes a JEW you see!

obviously has access to some dwarven mine that produces him infinite wealth

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

hey is this iran thing bad or super bad?

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
huh wonkettes still a thing

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
reminder for the mid-afternoon crew:

this is trump's america

what's so civil about war, anyway?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

weird that republicans hate soros so much but are still gonna give him a tax break

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Bearjew posted:

what do you pay per post

asking for a friend

well, i'm not paying for quality, i'll tell you that much

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Basebf555 posted:

Cigarette Smoking Man knew that nothing matters. He knew what was up.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

is soros running

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

lol

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

all these resignations are just a prelude to collapse/revolution, right?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I did a thing posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/922321981

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Did you know??? TRUMP

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Al! posted:

my second favorite character is a three way tie between the alone gunfighters

what about sen kirsten gillibrand

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

a.lo posted:

is soros running

to JAIL where all GLOBALISTS belong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! share if you agree

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

angerbeet posted:

Did you know??? TRUMP

huhh?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

angerbeet posted:

Did you know??? TRUMP

yuuuuge if true :smugdon:

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

I did a thing posted:

well, everything we're experiencing is a prelude to the Collapse but I'm not sure if that's what you're referring to

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

I did a thing posted:

This is a standard "caught telling his mistress to get an abortion" Republican scandal. It just looks weird because you're not used to things mattering.

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

me as a child after i time travel to the 90s and try to warn myself of what is to come before getting gunned down by the time police

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Brother Friendship posted:

well, everything we're experiencing is a prelude to the Collapse but I'm not sure if that's what you're referring to

I think you mean "prolapse"

:haw:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

there's something like 1.5 million people in the american military (and that includes all the support and logistics staff)

america has 320,000,000 people

to rapidly shut down a civil war you'd need to seize cities and shut down shipping and logistics routes and starve people out until they agree to submit, not bomb hundreds of millions into oblivion. the military doesn't have remotely enough personnel to do this with even ONLY just attempting to control seattle/sf/la/houston/new orleans/tampa/miami/jacksonville/charleston/norfolk/baltimore/philly/nyc/boston -- and that's just major coastal cities and not the two dozen large inland american cities which have their own support infrastructure, food, supplies

if an actual full-blown second civil war breaks out, and that's an enormous if because such a scenario would require a dozen other horrific events and societal breakdowns to occur first, it would last years and years even with all the fancy toys the military has at its disposal unless they're willing to essentially commit suicide and annihilate america with nuclear weapons. even without that, the death toll would be absolutely enormous

it doesn't matter how fat and stupid americans are if entire regions are rebelling, especially when so many of them are armed. thousands would (and will) die easily and there'd still be tens of thousands more. in each city.

iraq had ~25 million people when we invaded them, afghanistan about the same, vietnam ~38 million during the vietnam war

america is more than ten times that and a hundred times more complex to deal with, on top of an enormous, absolutely enormous landmass. it wouldn't end in seven hours or even seven months

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

This is a standard "caught telling his mistress to get an abortion" Republican scandal. It just looks weird because you're not used to things mattering.

i was more appalled by the anecdote of the dude driving while texting and watching youtube lol

Brother Friendship posted:

me as a child after i time travel to the 90s and try to warn myself of what is to come before getting gunned down by the time police
scott aukerman, time bobby, coming to kick your rear end

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

angerbeet posted:

Did you know??? TRUMP

This guy??

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

here's a photo of the grand entrance to the place in riyadh where the glowing orb is

they also have a slick brochure in English: https://etidal.org/files/En_Etidal.pdf

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

I miss the ye olde republican scandals like getting caught in an airport bathroom looking to hookup

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

whaaa?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

BeOSPOS posted:

I miss the ye olde republican scandals like getting caught in an airport bathroom looking to hookup

ways to shut that down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

there's something like 1.5 million people in the american military (and that includes all the support and logistics staff)

america has 320,000,000 people

to rapidly shut down a civil war you'd need to seize cities and shut down shipping and logistics routes and starve people out until they agree to submit, not bomb hundreds of millions into oblivion. the military doesn't have remotely enough personnel to do this with even ONLY just attempting to control seattle/sf/la/houston/new orleans/tampa/miami/jacksonville/charleston/norfolk/baltimore/philly/nyc/boston -- and that's just major coastal cities and not the two dozen large inland american cities which have their own support infrastructure, food, supplies

if an actual full-blown second civil war breaks out, and that's an enormous if because such a scenario would require a dozen other horrific events and societal breakdowns to occur first, it would last years and years even with all the fancy toys the military has at its disposal unless they're willing to essentially commit suicide and annihilate america with nuclear weapons. even without that, the death toll would be absolutely enormous

it doesn't matter how fat and stupid americans are if entire regions are rebelling, especially when so many of them are armed. thousands would (and will) die easily and there'd still be tens of thousands more. in each city.

iraq had ~25 million people when we invaded them, afghanistan about the same, vietnam ~38 million during the vietnam war

america is more than ten times that and a hundred times more complex to deal with, on top of an enormous, absolutely enormous landmass. it wouldn't end in seven hours or even seven months

i change my answer to seven minutes. the first time a predator drone blew up a car everyone in the street would immediately surrender lmao

• Locked thread