Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Derek, you should have posted in FYAD for a while before daring the GBS waters.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Oct 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Derek is Toast? :thunk:

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!
It's amazing some of the poo poo that stewed in this thread while I was absent from posting for 2 or so weeks. I was glad to see Smart hasn't changed (in fact, I feel he's really starting to go off the deep end with his theories), and to see some of you arguing as to whether or not I'm financially stable to just throw money away at a non-existent game led by a scam artist. Good job all.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer
Countdown to derek coming back claiming that he asked to be probated

Or calling Jeffrey a Nazi

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

hot balls man no homo posted:

3.0 by Citcon MoMA? [y/n]

I'm sure he'll make an accurate prediction any second now.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

hot balls man no homo posted:

3.0 by Citcon MoMA? [y/n]

gently caress if I know. Spin a wheel - you'll get a better guess.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

MilesK posted:

The only lore video I've ever watched said the Space Whale is just a whale shaped asteroid orbiting the Nemo system. Apparently I got lied to by in-fiction sources.

You've gotta be patient with these things, remember that the NPCs have to support themselves with actual jobs like mopping and sewing jackets, they can't dedicate all their time to writing lore.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

"inability to code"

I love it

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

tooterfish posted:

Derek left edges behind long ago.

He exists now exclusively in non-euclidean space.
Normal frameworks of space-time cannot encompass or contain him.

That would explain why all his blog posts, no matter when wrote them, are posted in July.

And why an event that was supposedly imminent two years ago that still hasn't happened is proof that he "called it".

He's basically a Hound of TIndalos at this point.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

What shade of purple do you think his face was when he read the probe?

I'm thinking a Mardi Gras or maybe Byzantium

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

thread is bad again

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Solarin posted:

thread is bad again

It's always bad.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

AP posted:

We can only hope he comes to his senses and becomes a better poster by just constantly bitching about posting by other posters while posting about posting.

Someone should start a kickstarter for this.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

FMguru posted:

Normal frameworks of space-time cannot encompass or contain him.

That would explain why all his blog posts, no matter when wrote them, are posted in July.

And why an event that was supposedly imminent two years ago that still hasn't happened is proof that he "called it".

He's basically a Hound of TIndalos at this point.
He's not a Hound. But if you listen very carefully to recordings of his voice, you can hear them... whimpering.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
The real reason that Miles Eckhart's jacket keeps being refactored is that the Star Citizen economy is dominated by jacket manufacturers and without this added demand for new jackets the whole industry would collapse and thousands of NPCs would starve.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Variable 5 posted:

It's always bad.

I'm doing my part dot gif

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Wiz posted:

You've gotta be patient with these things, remember that the NPCs have to support themselves with actual jobs like mopping and sewing jackets, they can't dedicate all their time to writing lore.
I am the procedural generated mop man with a life, wife and kids. I spend my space day in a mo'cap loop pondering this month's budget and how I will be able to afford Forums Commander 3017.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Wiz posted:

Not if they have a brand new writing mop! It's the future and they have found ways for black people to mop while engaging in literary endeavors. For only $45 they can do both things at the same time.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

There comes a time where we all feel grief and must rub together.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Foo Diddley posted:

It is kind of suspicious how you never see both of them posting at the same time :thunk:

derek is busy teaching moma how to make soap, burn off fingerprints with lye and generally gently caress poo poo up

moma is derek's smirking revenge

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

So, when's citcon? Or is it already over? Did Chris do a repeat of his blow-fueled "JUST DO IT!"-thing from last year (or a year before)?

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Real talk, CIG is getting more adept at hiding their fuckups to the point we're talking about them accidentally backing another Kickstarter on their corporate account, or a junior developer leaving to move across the country with their wife.

SC is gonna slowly fizzle into nonexistence and the only thing that will happen is that Derek will be screaming that he called it four years ago. For better or worse, he is the most entertaining thing going on right now.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Colostomy Bag posted:

There comes a time where we all feel grief and must rub together.

rub you in the 'verse, space commandoboy

*finger gun*

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Variable 5 posted:

For better or worse, he is the most entertaining thing going on right now.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

D_Smart posted:

No. As soon as I find out who is doing it, I am going to delete my SA account if it's an admin|mod doing it.

:pray:

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

No. As soon as I find out who is doing it, I am going to delete my SA account if it's an admin|mod doing it.

No way we get that lucky.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

i call this this invincible blob bug! better have a grenade or teammate nearby, otherwise run your rear end away if they're on the enemy team!

this and the "grab invisible medipens" bugs are the most annoying ones. you ever stop and do a grabbing animation? you're grabbing invisible medipens (and it does actually re-stock you with medipens). then the "doesn't bring gun back up after throwing grenade" bug...and the no eva jets after changing armor bug, the magazine-attach-to-p4-barrel bug...

https://clips.twitch.tv/AgreeablePoliteRutabagaKeyboardCat

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

flip a coin and perma ban half the posters in the thread imo

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Some strangly coincidental timing going on in this thread today. :confused:

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

I'm glad FAU is changing Derek's avatars out of spite for tanking the value of his ship jpeg collection.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

One guy says "lol" during the entire 30 second clip. The streamer says "my viewers loved it".

Not sure that's how plurals work, mate.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Two eyes, two viewing lenses.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Beet Wagon posted:

Things worth posting about :
  • Star Citizen
  • Alpacas
  • Freelancer
  • Chris Roberts
  • Erin Roberts
  • Basically anything aside from "this poster or group of posters sucks for these reasons"

Things not worth posting about :
  • "This poster or group of posters sucks for these reasons"

Seriously, if you're typing up a hot take on why someone here sucks (including Derek Smart) just do everyone a favor and post a recipe instead or something. I know everyone's still all frothy-mouthed over the recent drama or whatever, but this thread seriously needs to pull itself up out of the idiot slapfight nosedive.

so you are saying anime is good then?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Derek got rekt, or cucked. Whatever the kids are saying these days

How long until someone discovers this alpaca sweater company is one of Sandi's clothing companies

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Wiz posted:

See, that's where you've got it all wrong. If the AI's job is 'writer of LORE', then I fail to see why she would be mopping and sewing jackets.

And let's face it, with the in-depth economy and subsumption, if there was to be a slump in the LORE market, then the LORE writers would go onto social benefits, or some such.........
I honestly think you are trivialising that which shouldn't be trivialised, the BDSSGTVEE.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Rugganovich posted:

See, that's where you've got it all wrong. If the AI's job is 'writer of LORE', then I fail to see why she would be mopping and sewing jackets.

And let's face it, with the in-depth economy and subsumption, if there was to be a slump in the LORE market, then the LORE writers would go onto social benefits, or some such.........
I honestly think you are trivialising that which shouldn't be trivialised, the BDSSGTVEE.

Uh, Star Citizen has a *realistic* economy, in which aspiring NPC writers can't simply support themselves right off the bat without working a second job. Maybe in a less fidelitous game it would not be so, but frankly then you might as well be playing Call of Duty.

Fortunately you can help the lore along by pledging to Citreon, through which you can support struggling NPC writers with the purchase of JPEGs.

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Raskolnikov posted:

Successful Star Citizen ships, for example, need 37 pieces of flair...

But Chris, this ship has the requisite 15 pieces of flair?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

LOL you really are a bigger idiot than I thought. I KEEP SPREADSHEETS ON SHITIZENS. Honestly, almost as bad as smart in some respects. Get off it dude - it's a video game.

A $3k video game apparently.

Don't blame me because you were a loving idiot and I was telling you for years to get your money out.

It doesn't work, think about it "I paid $3k for a $60 game".

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Also not really a video game, if we're being honest about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

AP posted:

A $3k video game apparently.

Don't blame me because you were a loving idiot and I was telling you for years to get your money out.

It doesn't work, think about it "I paid $3k for a $60 game".

Dreams happen now.

*is conned by a thumb*