Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

selec
Sep 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Montasque posted:

I've only skimmed the buzzfeed article but goddamn... the alt right 5th column is real.

Peter Thiel, according to world class piece of loving poo poo Curtis Yarvin, is fully in on the project.

gently caress that loving vampire piece of poo poo forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

rudatron posted:

In many respects, I think this is chickens coming home to roost. For a long time, a lot of really dumb and overzealous tumblr people (on these forums especially) thought you could shame people into changing (see: the parable of the racist tree). But actually it turns out that doesn't work. They'll just resent you in secret, and send tip offs to gay nazis, out of spite.

lol keep beatin this drum endlessly rudatron

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i can't believe white male fragility was invented by sjws in 2007 but im looking at these papers [points to massive teetering manga collection] and it says that no white men lashed out at women or minorities before people got mad about video games

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
LF destroyed the left, and ultimately, america

mission accomplished

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

deadgoon posted:

LF destroyed the left, and ultimately, america

mission accomplished

lf bullied nazis into existence, its true. exactly the same way that women bullied incels into existence.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
its all so goddamn stupid

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

lol keep beatin this drum endlessly rudatron
It didn't turn people racist, but it doesn't fix them either. That's the point.

Literally all it does is stop them being public about it, so they simmer in private/act as a 5th column.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

we'll show you to call us nazis

by acting like... nazis

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I realize this revelation may undermine your own sense of pride, considering who you are, and therefore you have to act defensively to save your own ego. But its the truth.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

rudatron posted:

Literally all it does is stop them being public about it, so they simmer in private/act as a 5th column.

you seem to miss that the whole point is to get them to shut up about it

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

rudatron posted:

i dunno this seems preferable to the alternative if we have to have nazis

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

lmfao milo's fans are out copy/pasting "its funny that buzzfeed is saying a gay man married to a black gay man is a white supremecist"

also, that his excuse for not seeing hitler salutes in the front row is "muh opia" lmfaoooo

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
shutting up is half the problem, but they need like a program or pogrom or something ffs

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 23 days!)

rudatron posted:

I realize this revelation may undermine your own sense of pride, considering who you are, and therefore you have to act defensively to save your own ego. But its the truth.

:ironicat:

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

quote:

And on September 15, Sebastian Gorka, then an adviser to the Trump campaign, sent Yiannopoulos, Bannon, and Michael Flynn Jr., the son of Trump’s future national security adviser, a meme “as found on Twitter.” Watermarked by a conservative satire site called the Patriot Retort, the image was titled “The Deplorables,” and had superimposed various TrumpWorld faces on top of the all-star action movie heroes of the 2010 Sylvester Stallone vehicle The Expendables.

“I presume you Gents approved of this,” Gorka wrote.

GOOOOORRKAAAAA

selec
Sep 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

rudatron posted:

Turning them into isolated, simmering nutbags heightens the contradiction. The ones who refuse to give up become more and more isolated and nutty, which is the image we want them to present to the world of their beliefs and movement: loving crackpots. The rest of them either just swallow it and vote republican, which they were going to do anyway, or give in and listen and maybe become better humans.

All of these are better outcomes than whatever the gently caress hugging them and pandering to them will get us.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

boy its terrible that nazis are afraid to operate out in the open and have to resort to passive agressive doxxing tactics that fail 99% of the time. things were better when they used to drag gay people behind their pickup trucks and openly harass women at the work place

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

you seem to miss that the whole point is to get them to shut up about it
You haven't actually changed society though, merely modified how prejudice is expressed (ie through methods with more pausible deniability, like cops shooting black people).

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
some of em are dead loving serious and left to hide and conspire in the dark will also do some lovely poo poo.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

rudatron posted:

You haven't actually changed society though, merely modified how prejudice is expressed (ie through methods with more pausible deniability, like cops shooting black people).

no, there has 100% been a change by driving them underground, just that things have gotten better for groups other than straight white men

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
its a start is all im saying. just hushing the baby dont change the diaper.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 23 days!)

rudatron posted:

Guess we shouldn't do anything until the revolution then. *leans back into armchair*

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i guess if you refuse to look at society, history, material conditions, or really anything beyond your own personal ideology of what you want to be correct, nothing has changed

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
president trump isn't underground tho

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

deadgoon posted:

president trump isn't underground tho

we dont know where he goes at night

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

ClancyEverafter posted:

Turning them into isolated, simmering nutbags heightens the contradiction. The ones who refuse to give up become more and more isolated and nutty, which is the image we want them to present to the world of their beliefs and movement: loving crackpots. The rest of them either just swallow it and vote republican, which they were going to do anyway, or give in and listen and maybe become better humans.

All of these are better outcomes than whatever the gently caress hugging them and pandering to them will get us.
Pandering to them does nothing, that's the centrist fallacy. But your own wording ("give in") demonstrates your subversive desire - you want to express dominance. That's the emotional driver behind your actions.

Conversely, people fundamentally resist being dominated, in order to maintain a sense of self. That's true whether your right or wrong.

Ergo, you and your opponents are emotionally compelled to never change, in either thought or action, and this disgusting world continues its decline.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Guess we shouldn't do anything until the revolution then. *leans back into armchair*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8qcccZy03s

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

ya'll.

there now exists definitive proof that breitbart is a platform meant to stealthily introduce white nationalism into the american mainstream. i mean, we've always known, but now we really loving know. this is like....lex luthor level poo poo

quote:

On occasion Yiannopoulos didn’t ease his masters at Breitbart in gently enough. Frequently, Alex Marlow’s job editing him came down to rejecting anti-Semitic and racist ideas and jokes. In April 2016, Yiannopoulos tried to secure approval for the neo-Nazi hacker “Weev” Auernheimer, the system administrator for the Daily Stormer, to appear on his podcast.

“Great provocative guest,” Yiannopoulos wrote. “He’s one of the funniest, smartest and most interesting people I know. ... Very on brand for me.”

"Please don’t forward chains like that showing the sausage being made."
“Gotta think about it,” Marlow wrote back. “He’s a legit racist. … This is a major strategic decision for this company and as of now I’m leaning against it.” (Weev never appeared on the podcast.)

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
... using ergo ever makes you a giant floppy weenerhead.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

#NotRacist

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/wolfenstein/status/916075551382585344

:qq: way to make this game political :qq:

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
can't we just turn them into meat

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

do these idiots not do pre-show work to get their stories straight or something?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Bullfrog posted:

lmfao milo's fans are out copy/pasting "its funny that buzzfeed is saying a gay man married to a black gay man is a white supremecist"

also, that his excuse for not seeing hitler salutes in the front row is "muh opia" lmfaoooo

how do we know milo even knows his husband is black if hes htat blind? someone should tell him

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

sneakyfrog posted:

... using ergo ever makes you a giant floppy weenerhead.

look who just used it

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Grand Prize Winner posted:

look who just used it

i have been hoist by my own petard

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Sir Tonk posted:

do these idiots not do pre-show work to get their stories straight or something?

Alex Jones is a being of pure talk radio, he preys on the weak and infirm which is why PJW is on that show in the first place

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

sneakyfrog posted:

i have been hoist by my own petard
Look at this hoity toity stiff quoting shakespeare

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

rudatron posted:

Look at this hoity toity stiff quoting shakespeare

kill the bougie