Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Heihachi didn't go far enough. Confirm the kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Saint Freak posted:

Tekken does not have pit fatalities.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I'm pretty bummed right now because I can't find my copy of Mischief Makers :(

It was 100% complete and I got it on my birthday with Goldeneye and Star Fox 64, pissing off all my cousins because I wanted to SHAKE SHAKE instead of slapping people in four player deathmatch. It's literally the only N64 game from my collection that just vanished wtf.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

Raxivace posted:

Akuma is deceitful and a liar. His name would have you believe he is some kind of a bear but clearly he's just a guy.

I think Akuma is only called that because they called him that on Usenet.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I hope Tekken 8 reveals even more devil gene backstory and makes Heihachi's mother-in-law playable

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Akuma's a bitch, his 1 and only confirmed kill was an old man with cancer

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Here's some good fuckin news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMGWsjjCTpE

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Imagine if the recent remakes of disney games looked like Cuphead.

I doubt anybody is gonna look back at the 3d Castle of Illusion remake and give a poo poo.

Nobody cares less about the quality of Disney games than Disney themselves.
The days of the Genesis Lion King where they got the actual animators to do the animations are long gone and they ain't coming back.

Help Im Alive posted:

When I'm a powerful video game executive I'll say to the boardroom "the easiest way to pander to these idiots is letting them pet 'cattes' 'doggos' and 'puppers'"

The inability to pet dogs in Breath of the Wild was a critical flaw so I don't know why the gently caress you're framing this as a bad thing

Raxivace posted:

Akuma is deceitful and a liar. His name would have you believe he is some kind of a bear but clearly he's just a guy.

Fortunately Tekken 7 lets you match him up against Kuma to set the record straight

hyphz posted:

I think Akuma is only called that because they called him that on Usenet.

Dunno if it originated with Usenet but they definitely called him that in the game magazines at the time.
If you used the code to play as him in the console versions of SSF2T, the versus mode score listings had him labeled as Gouki though.
Dunno why they didn't just stick with that for the English translations, maybe they thought people would pronounce it "gooky" or something.

raditts fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Oct 5, 2017

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
I'm sad I missed the bee jokes page. I want to make a bee qwop game, but I haven't made a video game before so I've decided to start with a bee cookie clicker. :kiddo: one day i can make a game good

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

homeless snail posted:

what happened to ZDR

Nothing. Just technical issues he's working on.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
My bank won't approve a loan to buy enough micro-transactions to get Shadow of War's true ending.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Saint Freak posted:

My bank won't approve a loan to buy enough micro-transactions to get Shadow of War's true ending.

I don't know whether to be annoyed at the lovely implementation or relieved that it's not worse. Oh well, I'll probably pick it up when it's $20 or so.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
uuuuuugh

quote:

Game system contrivances have always sat uneasily inside Assassin's Creed's beautiful, authentic worlds. I'm used to futuristic UIs floating in front of dusty snapshots of ancient life, but there is a lot more game in Assassin's Creed: Origins, and more friction between the setting and your moment-to-moment behaviour. We left Assassin's Creed as an action series, now it emerges from its two-year hibernation as an RPG in The Witcher 3 mould, complete with levelling, skill trees, an extensive loot system, and crafting.

These elements have appeared in Assassin's Creed games before, but the way Origins gates your progress, using your level and the quality of your gear, is a fundamental change. Missions have level recommendations, and if you strive too far ahead of your level you will barely be able to damage basic enemies. To move between story missions you need to grind out side quests and kill wildlife to gain crafting components and upgrade your gear.

This is terrible, why would anyone do that, crib the worst aspects you could. Absolutely nobody ever praised Wild Hunt's level gates and crafting!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Samuringa posted:

uuuuuugh

This is terrible, why would anyone do that, crib the worst aspects you could. Absolutely nobody ever praised Wild Hunt's level gates and crafting!

Now they just need to sell level up / exp boosts and the cycle is complete :suicide:

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

How will those systems interact with the "skip gameplay" features

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

More excited about the asscreed DLC where you don't even play the dumb game and just get historical poo poo thrown your way while traveling around.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Crafting mechanics in games can suck my balls

I don't want to go around the map killing 8 pigs so I can hold more ammo

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Some sick people like collectathons

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

"every game is an mmo" has now become "every game has mmo item levels" :whitewater:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Making it so you can't hurt enemies without good enough equipment seems weird, isn't AC mostly stealth/assassinations

Why would it matter

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Honestly that all sounds more fun to me than just another AC game.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I'm trying to buy Cuphead for Win10, and it seems like the store doesn't support people who have separate e-mail accounts for their OS and Xbox account?

Is there like a guide for dealing with separate e-mail accounts for Windows/Xbox gamertags and such, because there aren't a lot of "sign into a different account" buttons in the log-in forms for some reason.

When I tried changing my gamertag named, the drat buggers tried to sign me into a third e-mail account ...

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It's on Steam.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Did chrome update again or something

If this keeps happening I'm really gonna flip my lid

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Phantasium posted:

It's on Steam.
I know, but I thought I'd try giving a not-Steam a chance, especially since MS are doubling down on the Win10 games.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

ufarn posted:

I know, but I thought I'd try giving a not-Steam a chance, especially since MS are doubling down on the Win10 games.

Yea, the Steam version won't be UWP.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Samuringa posted:

uuuuuugh

Level gating in the way they described was in the direct predecessor to Origins, it is nothing new. It had level gating, skill trees, level recommendations for missions, and crafting. Literally every single thing mentioned in that article was in Syndicate and should not be a surprise to anyone who has followed the series.

The gating in Syndicate was ridiculously binary too. If you were one level below the recommendation enemies would Matrix-dodge your attacks and kill you in one hit. If you were one level above the recommendation it was babytown frolics to mash through fights

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

homeless snail posted:

"every game is an mmo" has now become "every game has mmo item levels" :whitewater:

Damage numbers popping up with each hit in an fps should be a crime.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Help Im Alive posted:

Making it so you can't hurt enemies without good enough equipment seems weird, isn't AC mostly stealth/assassinations

Why would it matter

If you're weaker than your enemy your knife shatters into a million pieces the moment it touches his throat

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Saint Freak posted:

He later did tbf.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I thought the whole point of the assassins in AC is to rail against the Templars and their attempts to gate knowledge and power, in turn making Templars a higher class of citizen and stratifying the rest of the world. The assassins counter this by reminding them that all men are equal and equally susceptible to death, often via a short, sharp piece of metal. The modern games are pretty much saying that some people simply are better than others and that they require a higher class of weaponry and skill to kill. In effect, the Assassin's Creed games are proving the Templars right.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

LawfulWaffle posted:

I thought the whole point of the assassins in AC is to rail against the Templars and their attempts to gate knowledge and power, in turn making Templars a higher class of citizen and stratifying the rest of the world. The assassins counter this by reminding them that all men are equal and equally susceptible to death, often via a short, sharp piece of metal. The modern games are pretty much saying that some people simply are better than others and that they require a higher class of weaponry and skill to kill. In effect, the Assassin's Creed games are proving the Templars right.

But that's just a theory... asjdha BAW GAME THEORY.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

There was that one game that did "From my point of view, the Assassins are evil"

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
a hat in time is a game that makes me feel any emotion, so it's already more of a game than yooka-laylee

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

What if...

both the assassins and templars are wrong?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chumbler posted:

Damage numbers popping up with each hit in an fps should be a crime.

Agreed, that, health bars, and hit indicators need to go from my first person shooters. I remember when Red Orchestra 2 first came out and I was so blown away by a shooter letting you murder a man and the only indicator was his lifeless body falling over. It was really nice!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

ufarn posted:

Don't buy it on the store you'll get a PC wrapper around the Xbox version

Get the PC version on steam

MS aren't doubling down on Win10 games, they're doubling down on xbox and being lazy about porting it to Win10 with a really loving lovely UWP system that's just as bad as GFWL.

Dude why

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I was excited for the Age of Empires remaster but I got in the beta and its a loving UWP app so :rip: not buying that

E: In order to play UWP games online you have to turn Windows Firewall ON to a specific setting. That's so stupid. Achievements don't work half the time, runs like crap... just don't do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

Agreed, that, health bars, and hit indicators need to go from my first person shooters. I remember when Red Orchestra 2 first came out and I was so blown away by a shooter letting you murder a man and the only indicator was his lifeless body falling over. It was really nice!
quake has hit indicators so I'm okay with those

• Locked thread