Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
The Rise & Fall of LSU Football

Hearsay at this point, but Landry is about as much of an insider as you can be without currently being employed by the athletic department. If even remotely true this is a poo poo-show of magnificent scale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
Hello Stanford how are you

I hope tomorrow's game goes well and no one gets injured

I'm not very good at getting riled up for Pac 12 games

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I low-key wouldn't mind if Auburn beat Alabama some time in the next few years, entirely to justify an expansion to the Roll Tide/War Eagle documentary

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

zimbomonkey posted:

So you're telling me that our only shot at getting a decent bowl game is if USF also wins all of their games up to our match? Great.

If UCF (or USF for that matter) win the AAC going undefeated they should be a shoe-in for the G5 autobid to one of the NY6 bowls. Unless SDSU goes undefeated, they can probably have a loss or two and still get the autobid.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

JT Jag posted:

I low-key wouldn't mind if Auburn beat Alabama some time in the next few years, entirely to justify an expansion to the Roll Tide/War Eagle documentary

gently caress you

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Scionix posted:

gently caress you

No one is ever gonna feel sorry for you Alabama fucks take your once a decade loss in crippling fashion like a REAL MAN

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Brandon Snyder (Iowa's starting SS last year) tore his ACL in the spring, was supposed to be out all year...and is somehow already cleared to play this week. Amazing that Wolverine apparently had to walk on.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug

Adlai Stevenson posted:

Hello Stanford how are you

I hope tomorrow's game goes well and no one gets injured

I'm not very good at getting riled up for Pac 12 games

Hi. I hope that Bryce Love does some cool plays for lots of yards and that no one on either side gets injured. Rice-Eccles Stadium is the only Pac-12 stadium at which David Shaw has not won a game as head coach so it would be neat to get a win there, but Utah is a very good team so I expect them to win. Good luck in your future games!

I think the game is on Saturday not tomorrow, right? I'm on the east coast so it's very late for me.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

If UF finds its way into the SECCG game again, Bama is going to destroy them in a way that'll make the Fiasco Bowl look quaint.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

opposable thumbs.db posted:

Hi. I hope that Bryce Love does some cool plays for lots of yards and that no one on either side gets injured. Rice-Eccles Stadium is the only Pac-12 stadium at which David Shaw has not won a game as head coach so it would be neat to get a win there, but Utah is a very good team so I expect them to win. Good luck in your future games!

I think the game is on Saturday not tomorrow, right? I'm on the east coast so it's very late for me.

Yeah, the game's Saturday at 8:15 Mountain so have fun staying up for that.

I can see the game going a few different ways. I don't think Utah will be able to fully corral Stanford's running game even on their best night and Utah's offense is unremarkable so far. I think either Utah wins a close game or they get behind early and flail to try to catch up while Stanford controls the clock.

Either way USC is kicking Utah's face in next week so that'll be nice

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

The Notorious ZSB posted:

No one is ever gonna feel sorry for you Alabama fucks take your once a decade loss in crippling fashion like a REAL MAN

Make me bitch we're never gonna lose again roll drat tide

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.
stickers and buttons for the Purdue game this week.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

College football will be better when the singularity of skill and talent that is Alabama is no more.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

MourningView posted:

Brandon Snyder (Iowa's starting SS last year) tore his ACL in the spring, was supposed to be out all year...and is somehow already cleared to play this week. Amazing that Wolverine apparently had to walk on.

Wolverine is short and coaches are less likely to give scholarships to short guys. Short and Canadian? No chance.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
The really sad thing about Alabama's reign o terror is that it never feels like Saban takes any pleasure in it. I think it'd be easier to swallow (and hate) if he had more of a Spurrier personality but there's a roboticism to it all that just ends up being dull in the end. The quote from a couple years ago about him being annoyed by winning the natty because it's impacting recruiting is so telling on so many levels.

Taerkar posted:

College football will be better when the singularity of skill and talent that is Alabama is no more.

Fingers crossed that this coincides with The U being great again

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Taerkar posted:

The process has repeated itself more times than you can fathom. Football dynasties rise, evolve, advance, and at the apex of their glory they are extinguished. Clemson, Notre Dame, they were not the first. They did not invent the playoffs. They merely played in them - the legacy of the crimson tide

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
remember we had a chance to nip this whole Alabama thing in the bud but nooooooo you all had to cheer against Texas and it turned Colt McCoy's arm into a noodle and now we're all arguing on the order in which we get gassed by Nick Saban

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
Texas A&M exists because we allow it. They will end when we demand it.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Scionix posted:

I wish but my SEC team is the Vols sooo :cry:

I hope they keep it under 70 in a few weeks.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Proud Christian Mom posted:

remember we had a chance to nip this whole Alabama thing in the bud but nooooooo you all had to cheer against Texas and it turned Colt McCoy's arm into a noodle and now we're all arguing on the order in which we get gassed by Nick Saban

As someone who grew up largely in the Midwest I stand by that decision even now

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Counterpoint: gently caress Texas. And they shouldn't have even made that title game :colbert:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

I wish but my SEC team is the Vols sooo :cry:

I hope they keep it under 70 in a few weeks.

I had a UGA friend get mad at me for saying that Georgia was good but not Bama good and his response was "Lets see if they beat you 41-0!"

I was like well, yeah it's gonna be way more than that.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Dango Bango posted:

Counterpoint: gently caress Texas. And they shouldn't have even made that title game :colbert:

There was totally a second left.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Joey Freshwater posted:

I had a UGA friend get mad at me for saying that Georgia was good but not Bama good and his response was "Lets see if they beat you 41-0!"

I was like well, yeah it's gonna be way more than that.

I feel like I've seen bama hang 40+ on the Vols way more often than I've seen the Vols break 14 against em.

e: yup since I went to UTK for school the Vols have score more than 14 points once ('14) vs Bama scoring 40+ 4 times in that span ('10,'12,'13,'16).

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Oct 5, 2017

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

CannonFodder posted:

Wolverine is short and coaches are less likely to give scholarships to short guys. Short and Canadian? No chance.

We have had multiple number one overall CFL draft picks, it's a proud lineage

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Scionix posted:

You lose every time you wake up and look in the mirror lmao

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Reminder: Louisville at NC State tonight

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

angryrobots posted:

Reminder: Louisville at NC State tonight

Thank you, was wondering if anything good would be on tonight, especially after last night's abortion. Should be a really good game, NCSU has the kind of DL that could harass Jackson.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

MourningView posted:

We have had multiple number one overall CFL draft picks, it's a proud lineage

Have you been extending scholarships to McGill transfers? That's what I'm talking about.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Hearsay at this point, but Landry is about as much of an insider as you can be without currently being employed by the athletic department. If even remotely true this is a poo poo-show of magnificent scale.

Wow, that was an amazing and sad 40 minutes well spent for any LSU fan. We should have never let Mark Emmert go. :(

There's nothing in that podcast that strikes me as not believable. I honestly don't know if it's true but I have no reason to think otherwise. But Alleva needs to go yesterday.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

C2C - 2.0 posted:

quote:

“(Alleva’s) theory was, after having a guy in Les Miles that would never listen to him, he got a guy in Ed Orgeron who would do whatever he wanted him to do,” Landry continues. “So they go out and they spend money on coordinators and we’re just going to prop up the head coach – just be a head coach and he’s gonna’ talk and be all Cajun and we’re going to let the offensive coordinator run the offense and let the defensive coordinator run the defense.
Folks, there’s a problem, and again, an administrator doesn’t know this because you’re talking about someone that doesn’t know football. If you don’t have a head coach that has a strong handle on the football team then where does the coordinators go for assistance and where is there accountability? Well, there is none. And that’s lead to the problems they’ve had in the early part of the staff.”

I could totally have been convinced that was a great plan. Don't hire me as your athletic director.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

so, Mid-Week Maction thread or does this rate making the actual weekend's GDT?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

CannonFodder posted:

Have you been extending scholarships to McGill transfers? That's what I'm talking about.

CFL teams are required to have a certain number of native born players so if you were born in Canada and played major college football at all you wind up being in really high demand there. The number one pick last year was our second string DT

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i want to start following CIS football

it's fascinating

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Alaois posted:

i want to start following CIS football

it's fascinating

It's really fun! I don't follow super closely but it's cool to have on ESPN3 during the offseason when you're missing football

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MourningView posted:

It's really fun! I don't follow super closely but it's cool to have on ESPN3 during the offseason when you're missing football

They got a team called the X-Men! It's wildlands up there

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Alaois posted:

so, Mid-Week Maction thread or does this rate making the actual weekend's GDT?

This has gotta be the best Thursday night game we're gonna get all year but no thread, very sad.

I'm lazy though so

Big Piece O Shit
Jan 30, 2006

The Twinkie Czar posted:

“(Alleva’s) theory was, after having a guy in Les Miles that would never listen to him, he got a guy in Ed Orgeron who would do whatever he wanted him to do,” Landry continues. “So they go out and they spend money on coordinators and we’re just going to prop up the head coach – just be a head coach and he’s gonna’ talk and be all Cajun and we’re going to let the offensive coordinator run the offense and let the defensive coordinator run the defense.
Folks, there’s a problem, and again, an administrator doesn’t know this because you’re talking about someone that doesn’t know football. If you don’t have a head coach that has a strong handle on the football team then where does the coordinators go for assistance and where is there accountability? Well, there is none. And that’s lead to the problems they’ve had in the early part of the staff.”

This strategy works pretty well for Clemson.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
That's worked out well for lots of guys it just sounds like Ogeron has been loving with his coordinators instead of leaving them alone like Dabo seems to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I can understand wanting to dictate tempo, so if you need to chew clock, tell the OC to slow the game down, but if you hire an OC because they are rad at their job, let them do their job man.

• Locked thread