Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Akkad is good for farming credits but the Index is better

Seimeni was good when I was new and drops o-cells too. Not sure if it's peak efficiency or w/e though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Seimeni on Ceres is good because it has the same (or like 1k or 2k higher?) payout as akkad, only not being at the end of the star chart. Great for loners who don't wanna or can't get a taxi from friendly goons.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
true, individual levels are good for farming, but the dark sector system itself is irrelevant.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

It's not even a system you can interact with anymore. Clans can't capture or lose anything anymore. They are just locked at what they were.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

randombattle posted:

It's not even a system you can interact with anymore. Clans can't capture or lose anything anymore. They are just locked at what they were.

Oh wow, the dark sector page on wiki is super outdated then.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
de often puts out an ambitious, poorly thought-out system that doesn't mesh with the rest of the game and then abandon it entirely.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

de often puts out an ambitious, poorly thought-out system that doesn't mesh with the rest of the game and then abandon it entirely.

Could you give any other examples?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Sininu posted:

Could you give any other examples?

Sometimes I also forget that archwing missions exist.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

turn off the TV posted:

Sometimes I also forget that archwing missions exist.

I go to the Orokin Derelict once a month

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I got kicked out of GOON for inactivity I think, or DE hosed with the entire system, I have no idea at this point. Plains of Eidolon is almost out, and this bitch of a game gave me a daily tribute...75% off my next plat purchase. This might be the time to play with strangers in a smaller chat room and with some new nunchuks.

Unless it's full. Don't know if there's a limit.

EDIT: I also just saw 100 days of Warframe on youtube, and that pretty much accurately describes my past couple of years in this game. I want back in.

DOUBLE EDIT: Jesus christ, do they overhaul the map every update? How do they do this? I was around for like the second iteration of Warframe and this is the third time i've seen a map overhaul like this.

Last iteration sucked rear end though, so maybe this'll be better.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Oct 6, 2017

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

There was an alert for an alternative Loki helmet so now mine doesn't have to look like a retarded hammerhead shark anymore.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Luckily they're fixing/meshing alot of the most notable problem systems into Plains of Eidolon in either potentially interesting ways, or ones that make sense.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I go to the Orokin Derelict once a month

My love/fetish for Infested weaponry has me going there alot. I need to remake my Caustacyst and farm for my Clan's Hema.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Oct 6, 2017

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

hey all how close are we with the hema research still a couple of years ok great thanks

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Hema is fuckin' mediocre. I don't care about its single target armor stripping in the simulacrum.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
plains probably don't drop any mutagens, either.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I went to see how many mutagens we needed vs how many I had, and I just had a sensible chuckle and walked away.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I donated at least 6 this week.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah. Everyone can do what they want but it's an inaccurate burst rifle with travel time projectiles and a very slow ROF that needs 4-5 forma.

If that sounds like something you want to farm for then we are very different people.

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Oct 6, 2017

spaceships
Aug 4, 2005

i love too dumptruck

guacamole aficionado
am i supposed to play Nidus as an angry melee dude, because that's what i'm doing and it owns

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

spaceships posted:

am i supposed to play Nidus as an angry melee dude, because that's what i'm doing and it owns

You're supposed to play him like a demon that's been locked up for 5000 years who just found out that the Grineer were behind it, so yes

I use the Caustacyst and put Sprint and Natural Talent on him to really round him out like that.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you don't need guns for nidus.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Octavia is so good but I can't stand playing her, it's like Mallet is the real hero and I am the rear end in a top hat who carries Mallet from place to place

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Baro has the Prisma Daedalus set this time around, a very solid option as far as armour sets go. I can certainly recommend it to would-be fashion framers with ducats to spare.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Soothing Vapors posted:

Octavia is so good but I can't stand playing her, it's like Mallet is the real hero and I am the rear end in a top hat who carries Mallet from place to place

I have Max range set on Ember and I play a game where I race towards enemies to see if I can kill them before World on Fire does

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
Before they merged Synoid Simulor, I did the same thing on Mirage.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

This stance has broken my elbows.

e:

Anyone done some cool stuff with decorations? I managed to get these ones floating.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Oct 6, 2017

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

New weapons seem pretty decent, and that Mag skin is baller.

Those mod sets they're introducing look pretty mediocre for the most part, though. Except for Gladiator, which actually seems like you could build something kinda rad around it.

Sandweed posted:

I donated at least 6 this week.
I just found out that at some point DE added the ability for me to see how much stuff y'all have donated on an individual level for some reason. Not like, overall, just on current projects. I can only imagine that this is because the Hema brought out the lovely control freak in a lot of people leading the larger clans.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think the mod sets look really cool in a 'fun to play around with' way, and in a game like warframe where you're tuned to kill everything easily i honestly think the game can always use more things that are fun to play with

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

i think the mod sets look really cool in a 'fun to play around with' way, and in a game like warframe where you're tuned to kill everything easily i honestly think the game can always use more things that are fun to play with

That's generally how I approach it. I don't really care so much about the dress up because everyone is moving so fast no one cares.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
My main issue is that the set bonuses don't feel like they do anything that another mod doesn't do better. I could equip six weak mods that give me a set-bonus Blood Rush....or I could just equip Blood Rush and not have a warframe build with a ton of junk in it.

The enhanced crit thing could be cool but I already feel like I need about four more mod slots than I have on most weapons, so I'm not exactly hyped to give up one for 0.4 punch through + set bonus.

Blain
Mar 6, 2008

My feeling is that DE expects a lot of new players will jump in for PoE, so these are the new starter mods that also happen to let vets further specialize frame builds.

RecoomesSexyRear
Jul 18, 2003

Here are the mods and weps available from baro

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The syandana he has this week is really nice if you don't already have it.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I saw an article about an upcoming open world patch so I decided to download the game again and poke at it for the first time in probably a couple years and, uh, this is pretty loving overwhelming. The last time I played was I think around the time the arcwing stuff released, and then only for a couple days.

The map is completely changed, I don't seem to have access to some of the weapons I had before and it feels like there's a billion progression systems that have been added. Is there a post floating around in this thread that will help explain stuff to returning players? I feel like I'm going to just bounce off the game again because there's just so much to learn and my character is way past all the tutorial stuff.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
So I managed to get an Arca Plasmor riven and people are telling me it can potentially be worth thousands of plat. Is that actually true? I'm not even sure how to go about selling it. People in chat told me to just throw it out there in trade for now and see if there's bites or try to reroll it for some better stats. How easy it to actually sell?

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

I finally made an infestapuppy. :neckbeard:

I think he's cute!

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

TheMostFrench posted:

This stance has broken my elbows.

Yeah the arca plasma style big chunky rifle model does that pretty badly with nearly every noble animation set, and more than a few agile ones on most frames. It actually doesn't look too lovely on Inaros agile, since he's supposed to be a hosed up space mummy though.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Blain posted:

My feeling is that DE expects a lot of new players will jump in for PoE, so these are the new starter mods that also happen to let vets further specialize frame builds.

that's a way i look at it, too. i know some are going to be like 'okay, why do i care about a set effect for blood rush if i have blood rush', but there's quite a lot of players who don't have a huge stable of mods to slot in whenever.

also, like with a lot of things in the game, this initial crop of set mods is kinda like the first look at the potential of more sets.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Poultron posted:

So I managed to get an Arca Plasmor riven and people are telling me it can potentially be worth thousands of plat. Is that actually true? I'm not even sure how to go about selling it. People in chat told me to just throw it out there in trade for now and see if there's bites or try to reroll it for some better stats. How easy it to actually sell?

Don't reroll it. If it already has has good stats that's great but if not it is worth more with no rerolls. Just go to trade chat link it and say PM offers. I've heard people say you can get 500 even with crap stats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Pendent posted:

I saw an article about an upcoming open world patch so I decided to download the game again and poke at it for the first time in probably a couple years and, uh, this is pretty loving overwhelming. The last time I played was I think around the time the arcwing stuff released, and then only for a couple days.

The map is completely changed, I don't seem to have access to some of the weapons I had before and it feels like there's a billion progression systems that have been added. Is there a post floating around in this thread that will help explain stuff to returning players? I feel like I'm going to just bounce off the game again because there's just so much to learn and my character is way past all the tutorial stuff.

First off, the movement system is totally reworked, go into the codex part of the ship and find the movement tutorial bit for all the advanced stuff if you haven't got all that down yet.

Secondly, yes! The map has been changed. You have to work through the planets in order, although now it's through planetary rails, requiring you to fight a warframe specter guarding it. Kill the specter, unlock the next planet... although any planets you had access to you still do. You should beat the specters though, as each rail you clear is worth 1000 points to your overall rank.

You *should* still have access to all of your weapons, although if they changed the mastery rank requirements of some of them that may have locked you out? I think every time they did that they should've grandfathered in everybody that already had one.

Keys have changed for getting prime equipment, now they are relics. Each relic has 5 different items in it, with rarer items being... well, rarer. Take a relic into a void fissure mission (you see them on your mission list tab with the sort of flame looking thing), kill corrupted that spawn, pick up 10 of these glowy ball things they drop, and you'll crack open the relic and get your prize. Note that you can pick ANY player's reward, so bring your friends so you have more chances to get the rare poo poo.

There's only been one super major progression system, but that's only if you've completed The Second Dream quest. You don't have to worry about it until you're done with that.