Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

BUT THIS YEAR IT HAS KURT ANGLE AND A NEW HAT!!!!

Seem pretty mad about people enjoying something you don't like there friend.

Maybe you should consider a different hobby than wrestleman gaems?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

I think I will wait forever because spending any amount of money on garbage seems like a waste of money.

:same:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

don't waste your 70+ bux on 2K, Fire Pro is only 15 and it keeps getting better and better

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

BUT THIS YEAR IT HAS KURT ANGLE AND A NEW HAT!!!!

Wait, does the preorder bonus get tiny cowboy hat Kurt?

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Astro7x posted:

Wait, does the preorder bonus get tiny cowboy hat Kurt?

This is a 2K game, we're not getting tiny hat Kurt until next year as DLC.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

joylessdivision posted:

Seem pretty mad about people enjoying something you don't like there friend.

Maybe you should consider a different hobby than wrestleman gaems?

You got me. I get so fed up with these WRESTLING GAMES GRRRRR

You will make detective in no time. Here, as a reward for cracking the case have a copy of 2k's latest achievement wwe2k18. THERE ARE DIFFERENT HAIR STYLES WOW!!!!!!!!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

14:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIRiHnz43iU&t=855s

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

loving amazing.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this game looks like poo poo

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Big show cosplaying as jamie lee curtis in "copycat" I see

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Now that's a power slam.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I thought you were just linking for the initial glitch but good lord it kept getting better

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
there are five stings in wwe2k18

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

I thought you were just linking for the initial glitch but good lord it kept getting better

I lost it when Big Show went racing across the backstage area behind the sentient gearbox

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

WWE2k18 is an abstract statement on Kurt Angle's body-a broken, jangled mess barely held together

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

I'm in loving tears laughing at Big Show shimmying along the wall

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

This actually looks glitchier than previous versions. The graphics look worse too.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

But is has Rick Martel in it!!

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Updated 2K18 commercial:

http://www.tubedubber.com/?q=VIRiHnz43iU:95fc58ZEw-A:0:100:937:1:1

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I dunno man I'm looking forward to the main event of my Universe Elimination Chamber always being "Five Stings and some rando"

Enter The Sting Chamber

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm sorry but seriously why are there five Stings. There's less Mick Foley than there is Sting! There's two distinct, bespoke, Neon Stings. Who has strong opinions about which of those Stings is better?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's very important that Joker Sting be 1 more powerful than regular Crow Sting, so he can't be a costume,

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

sexpig by night posted:

I'm sorry but seriously why are there five Stings. There's less Mick Foley than there is Sting! There's two distinct, bespoke, Neon Stings. Who has strong opinions about which of those Stings is better?

It's so you can play as Triple H and beat all of them single handedly just like irl

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

super macho dude posted:

It's so you can play as Triple H and beat all of them single handedly just like irl

Oh man that's gonna be the 6th man in my Chamber of Stings yea.

Every year it's the same, the Sting Shaming PPV was a controversial choice but most fans agree 'yea alright'.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I know the answer is "because these games are awful and the developers and publishers don't give a gently caress", but why does Alexa Bliss look like a gangyaru girl?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's like they do 2D scans instead of 3D or something.

There's usually one angle where it looks dead on (it's never the directly in front angle though) then you rotate a bit and it's completely gone.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
the 2k trend of 'we did VERY detailed scans of exactly 4 people who we assume will always be the big stars and then the rest we outsourced to a team of 5 year olds working off a general description and no picture' is maybe one of my favorites.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I'll be having fun making Noam Dar (who I have edited to have overalls and Goku hair) shooting into the ceiling after being hit by a bell while you nerds are having erudite simulations of Tatsumi Fujinami vs. Dean Ambrose at the Tokyo Dome in Fire Pro thank you very much

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

2k18 looks terrible and glitchier than an mkdickie game, I can't wait to sink too many hours into it

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

WWE2k18 should be priced like a Mcdickie game

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Hey wasn't one thing the devs said they were working on was smoothing out the stats or whatever that made it so even NXT jobbers took at least 2 finishers from Cena to be counted out? Did that ever pan out or am I just talkin crazy?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

sexpig by night posted:

Hey wasn't one thing the devs said they were working on was smoothing out the stats or whatever that made it so even NXT jobbers took at least 2 finishers from Cena to be counted out? Did that ever pan out or am I just talkin crazy?

the last time they tried fixing weaker wrestlers kicking out at two after taking finishers they just took out two counts entirely.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Mdickie should be hired to spruce up Universe mode.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

sexpig by night posted:

I dunno, but I do know they added in modifiers into MyCareer and Universe that will sometimes affect you depending on who you're facing and if that other wrestler has some dumb hot streak or something, ie. you'll have to face a Super Cena but you only have half energy and little stamina to replicate a squash match.

Last year did it in Universe, but they never explained it to you.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

super macho dude posted:

I dunno, but I do know they added in modifiers into MyCareer and Universe that will sometimes affect you depending on who you're facing and if that other wrestler has some dumb hot streak or something, ie. you'll have to face a Super Cena but you only have half energy and little stamina to replicate a squash match.

Last year did it in Universe, but they never explained it to you.

oh is THAT what that stuff was? Neat idea.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

remusclaw posted:

Mdickie should be hired to spruce up Universe mode.

2K games would improve astronomically if MDickie had access to their tools. Similarly MDickie games would improve a lot if he had an actual engine, even the 2K one, as opposed to the C++ abominations he makes

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Bayley is making GBS threads the bed at the Nintendo World Championships right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaiQcqR8vps

Astro7x fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Oct 7, 2017

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
put a mask on her

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Astro7x posted:

Bayley is making GBS threads the bed at the Nintendo World Championships right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaiQcqR8vps

man she's really committed to her "getting squashed constantly" gimmick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Bayley was doing her impersonation of wwe2k18-a resounding failure

(But check out the finals they were awesome)