Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Density 2: My ICQ # is 35414979

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I thought it was a fairly decent and meaty twab yet reddit seems to be going in full meltdown over it. I guess I'm a normie I suppose

It's reddit.
If a streamer coughs the wrong way during a weapon review video, they'll have a meltdown over it.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i like how they said the prestige mode offers no bonus for doing it, which means the already-slight population that does hard mode content when it's current will have even less reason to do it than they did before

i can't wait for the iron banner gear to be restorative so i can get the same loving gear from every pvp activity in the game it's gonna be loving amazing

pretty sure there's some vanity items tied to the Prestige raid that were found in the database, which honestly is healthier than putting pressure on people to go and hit their face against a really hard challenge hoping to grind that extra 10 Power

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

ElNarez posted:

pretty sure there's some vanity items tied to the Prestige raid that were found in the database, which honestly is healthier than putting pressure on people to go and hit their face against a really hard challenge hoping to grind that extra 10 Power

I'm just glad you could get the trophy from the nightfall. If the prestige raid doesn't offer anything but minor cosmetic bonuses I have no desire to do it until it too is on farm status.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Density 2: My ICQ # is 35414979

poo poo now i want to go find my old icq number, l,ight that poo poo up

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Hello! We need one more Person for a fresh raid.

PSN: NotAntagonist

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

DrNutt posted:

I'm just glad you could get the trophy from the nightfall. If the prestige raid doesn't offer anything but minor cosmetic bonuses I have no desire to do it until it too is on farm status.

Same and I really enjoy destiny raids. Also I really hope there are unique iron banner weapons next week.

The lack of different weapon rolls is gonna be really boring long term imo. I don't want Eyasluna style rolls but more year 3 IB rolls and Variks rank up packages rolls(soulstealers, aegis of the reef, etc..). Those weapons had really good base stats and most rolls were very usable. They really need to add something similiar to strike specific gear/skeleton keys again, I would grind out some strikes for unique gear that only drops from the boss. The strikes have cool set pieces and are well designed but the loot is very lackluster.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

texaholic posted:

Same and I really enjoy destiny raids. Also I really hope there are unique iron banner weapons next week.

The lack of different weapon rolls is gonna be really boring long term imo. I don't want Eyasluna style rolls but more year 3 IB rolls and Variks rank up packages rolls(soulstealers, aegis of the reef, etc..). Those weapons had really good base stats and most rolls were very usable. They really need to add something similiar to strike specific gear/skeleton keys again, I would grind out some strikes for unique gear that only drops from the boss. The strikes have cool set pieces and are well designed but the loot is very lackluster.

I think the strike rewards are meant to be the vanguard tokens you turn in to Vuvuzela, who gives mostly unique loot (on top of whatever engrams you get in the loot chest, of course).

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Coldforge posted:

I think the strike rewards are meant to be the vanguard tokens you turn in to Vuvuzela, who gives mostly unique loot (on top of whatever engrams you get in the loot chest, of course).

Tokens in general aren't a bad idea. If NM hadn't been a quest reward I'd be grinding strikes hard until I got one. If it was targeted from a boss, and you could target specific strikes, I'd do that too. Despite it being almost the exact same thing there is something more satisfying about plunking in tokens for the random chance. Doubly so since they can also give out tokens for challenges, which make challenges mean something. Unfortunately none of this matters at all because for the vast majority of your play time those tokens are worthless.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
[Extremely ignorant 80s voice] iron banner looks loving gay

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

[Extremely ignorant 80s voice] iron banner looks loving gay

There's a chance... it will have reforging banner guns. Unlikely but maybe. *clutches a maxed out felwinters*

It's maybe possible.

E- banner is the whole reason I bought the game cause it's my favorite "event". I am a scrub player though. Would have preferred supremacy gametype this time around. Hopefully it rotates.

swims fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Oct 6, 2017

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

swims posted:

Would have preferred supremacy gametype

There's something you don't see said often.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I feel like they would have mentioned if there were going to be new IB guns

Not really excited to play a bad 4v4 gametype (3 points with 4 per team is....not good) for cosmetic rewards that aren't actually hard to get or anything.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
The Control change that is good though is the immediate rush to B since A and C are already clicked. I like that adjustment. It'll be crew goes B and two scatter to A and C. I mean I would theory craft it that way.

Control still kinda sucks but it is what it is. ,

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

CheeseFactory posted:

Yeah. End game loot that is basically cosmetic.

I'm...okay with that

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I feel like this is a dumb question but what do I spend glimmer on? Most of the weapons I can buy are level 200, and I bought some of the maps and things. I keep reaching the cap . Should I be buying more poo poo?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Weapon mods.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Xur on Earth

Vigilance, Foetracer, Skullfort, Nezarec's Sin

they are all very solid exotics, they are all already owned by me, thanks Xur, for nothing

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Mazerunner posted:

Xur on Earth

Vigilance, Foetracer, Skullfort, Nezarec's Sin

they are all very solid exotics, they are all already owned by me, thanks Xur, for nothing

Yep. Guess I'm not going to visit him this week either.

At least I have today off so I can just chill

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Does the Optimacy armour from Eververse have some trick to it that makes it good as a set or glitched, because a level 15 armour with 10 light is dumb if that’s all it is.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Anime_Otaku posted:

Does the Optimacy armour from Eververse have some trick to it that makes it good as a set or glitched, because a level 15 armour with 10 light is dumb if that’s all it is.

It's for pretty pretty princessing

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Anime_Otaku posted:

It's the same as any other armor set, you like the stats and look of it or not. It starts at 10 so you can infuse it because otherwise people would say it was "pay to win."

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Anime_Otaku posted:

It looks fresh to death, that's it

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Akuma posted:

It's the same as any other armor set, you like the stats and look of it or not. It starts at 10 so you can infuse it because otherwise people would say it was "pay to win."

I don't know if mine is glitched but I could only infuse my eververse cloak one time and the game won't let me do it again.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Legs Benedict posted:

remember that deej doesn’t write that poo poo in a vacuum and if it’s in the TWAB it’s reflective of the team’s design philosophy

his purple prose is garbage but that paragraph says a lot about what kind of game LS and company want Destiny 2 to be

Remember when D1 shipped and Deej was making claims that were 1) obviously not true and 2) immediately refuted by the design team? And then he went radio silent for like 2 months? Yeah, that was cool.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Did xur seriously bring back Foetracer?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Mill Village posted:

I don't know if mine is glitched but I could only infuse my eververse cloak one time and the game won't let me do it again.
The item being used as infusion fuel needs to be higher power than the one being infused into, with any legendary mods ignored. That is, an item at 281 with a legendary mod is actually 276 power. Forgive me if you already know this, but could that be the issue?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Calaveron posted:

Did xur seriously bring back Foetracer?

the week before iron banner as well :suicide:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Broke the 280 Light barrier and shot up another seven levels ten minutes later. :psyduck:

Does it speed up again at this point or what?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

[post deleted]

Tei fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Oct 6, 2017

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Buying legendary mods is basically a free 5 levels, now you're probably back to being gated by drops but also raid ready so that's a bunch of extra weekly drops.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Cleared the raid in an hour last night, and got about 15 purples between engrams and vendors. Still no raid RL or Uriel's, but I did get my 5th 305 crown of tempests. I also got lunafactions, which I really wanted for the raid, so I can't complain too much.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The new raid-ready is 300.

The new endgame is friendship.

We are all gay,

-gogogadgetchris

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Anime_Otaku posted:

There is a trick

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The problem is you had to have a full set of 10 light items and the only way you could get the guns was from clan engrams, which Bungie patched to drop higher for some reason

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I have always advocate Destiny has a way to make friends. But using it has a way to defend the current design of the game is weird.

The direct effect of not activating levels in Trials and Iron Banner is to make leveling pointless. Static perks already kind of make grinding useless. Character progression is out of the window. Character builds are gone with streamlined perk design. What is left, really. I play the game because my friends play the game, but if the only sustain of the game is friendship, thats not very future proof, the game will turn into a ghost town very quick.

Everything dies, I mean, maybe people get bored and want to move to something else. Maybe this is Bungie way to say "Please, lets us kill Destiny, we don't want to do this for 10 years".

If the game is now a worse country strike, I stopped playing arena shooters more than a decade ago. I played Overwatch a few months, and then it was my time to quit, because arena shooters are kind of stale, without a progression or a way to change the game style to you instead of adapting yourself to the game.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Re: endgame, they're going to talk about "Seasons" at Twitchcon and that's likely to be the future of the endgame.

Also, after 4 years and with all the catering to new and casual players they still couldn't be bothered to make some kind of Infusion tutorial.

There were people in D1 who almost reached 400 light and never knew what Infusion was. They probably sharded so much god roll purples

Roman fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Oct 6, 2017

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The new raid-ready is 300.

The new endgame is friendship.

We are all gay,

-gogogadgetchris

I like to go on a raid with my five closest friends, and then decide which two or three of those I don't really like that much if we want to do something after the raid.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

basically if you arent happy with the endgame its because you have lovely friends, so you need to grind a bunch of better friends and then infuse them into your existing friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
That wasn't even remotely what he was saying but it's cool. Get mad a dude talked about friends. Healthy.