Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I wonder how they're going to keep Hitman going on an indie budget. Seems expensive to make even if they use the same three voice actors constantly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I wonder how they're going to keep Hitman going on an indie budget. Seems expensive to make even if they use the same three voice actors constantly
But think about what's already finished: engine, animations, etc. They have to make new buildings and furniture for levels, and hire voice actors. But the levels are dense, not huge, and they don't have to build them all at once.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I thought season 2 was fairly complete already

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Has IO spoken publicly about season 2 since Square dropped them? Even if it's smaller in scope compared to season 1, it'd be a shame for things to end with the final elusive target next month.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

But think about what's already finished: engine, animations, etc. They have to make new buildings and furniture for levels, and hire voice actors. But the levels are dense, not huge, and they don't have to build them all at once.

Oh man yeah the episodic stuff will keep a steady cash flow coming in

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3767789&perpage=40&pagenumber=8#post472276489

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Jesus christ

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

huh a rollercoaster in twitter form

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In Training posted:

IO made Paris free forever now, and discounted Season 1's price. So please play this if you haven't yet

Hm meh. Ill wait until the whole thing comes out. Its EXTREMELY important us gamers show how we feel about episodic content.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

HORMELCHILI posted:

Hm meh. Ill wait until the whole thing comes out. Its EXTREMELY important us gamers show how we feel about episodic content.

lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
*pauses youtube video of fat british guy yelling* Man, if you support the knicker grubbing cuntshites at IO, you're a sodding twit.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

*pauses youtube video of fat british guy yelling* Man, if you support the knicker grubbing cuntshites at IO, you're a sodding twit.

lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lmao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

lol holy poo poo

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The final elusive target is out now, in case anyone wants to get one last one in for Season 1. If you haven't been doing any you won't unlock anything, but if you've done a few this is your last chance to maybe unlock some of the bonus outfits. Can't wait for Season 2.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

The final elusive target is out now, in case anyone wants to get one last one in for Season 1. If you haven't been doing any you won't unlock anything, but if you've done a few this is your last chance to maybe unlock some of the bonus outfits. Can't wait for Season 2.

Speaking of which, do you know when that's coming out? And yeah, I liked killing "Mr Giggles". The extra step in the mission was an interesting addition/twist.

How did you do it? I climbed on top of the building next to where Mr Giggles' meeting/poisoning is (IIRC the agency pickup is up there), then pelted a brick at Mr Giggles after the ambassador left. I then hit the two bodyguards with bricks as well, when they went over to his body. (I left him unconscious like that in case I needed to reload :v:)
After that, I went into the café and put rat sack in his PA's drink, then just knocked her out after she went to the toilets to throw up. After that was done, I went back to Mr Giggles, broke his neck, then left.
I didn't get a perfect score due to being spotted, but eh, I don't care about that when it comes to the elusive targets. I mostly just want the bonus outfits, haha

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I passed it but was one target shy of the signature suit with gloves :smith:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

im watching the 1956 version of Man Who Knew Too Much and the first 30 minutes is about the assassination of a french men in the marrakesh marketplace and i have the urge to reinstall this game and make a Man Who Knew Too Much Player Contract. i need news about season 2!!! and sorry for bumping this without more news...

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

It's fine, I don't want this getting auto archived

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In Training posted:

im watching the 1956 version of Man Who Knew Too Much and the first 30 minutes is about the assassination of a french men in the marrakesh marketplace and i have the urge to reinstall this game and make a Man Who Knew Too Much Player Contract. i need news about season 2!!! and sorry for bumping this without more news...

Definitely post it if you do i will play it

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

HORMELCHILI posted:

Definitely post it if you do i will play it

Seconded

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

right before ioi saved themselves from being destroyed by Square Enix they said that they had most of the maps for season 2 done already

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

io should make the saboteur 2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Maybe they'll announce something at the PlayStation Experience

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

THey confirmed theyre doing Season 2 so they can take as long as they want after how good season 1 was imo

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

THey confirmed theyre doing Season 2 so they can take as long as they want after how good season 1 was imo

Yeah, season one was amazing. I was highly dubious of the new Hitman initially, but after actually trying it out ages ago, I found that it's probably my favourite one. (Even without the dual pistols. Although to be honest, accurately dual-wielding handguns is pretty unrealistic, so I'm not fussed one way or another, in that regard)
I hope season two is just as good (and sells just as well) as the first one, so that they decide to continue on and do a third.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thinking about how I spent my Christmas watching the fake home alone duo wander around the Paris map loving up for hours while my family pleaded with me to join them for festive celebration lol.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
yeah, I recently thought about vacationing in Vernazza but no one else wanted to go ("guys you can bike in the mointains! and there is a castle!"

Goa Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Oct 6, 2017

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/916266380630134786

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Agent 47 is basking in all the glorious Content

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

We’re going to let the announcement itself do all the talking, but there is one thing we want to clarify before then; this upcoming content is not “Season 2”. We’re saying that now to keep expectations in check.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's Season 3 and it's going to be an MGS2 style game

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Trying to think of cool locations I want for season 2

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Major Isoor posted:

Yeah, season one was amazing. I was highly dubious of the new Hitman initially, but after actually trying it out ages ago, I found that it's probably my favourite one. (Even without the dual pistols. Although to be honest, accurately dual-wielding handguns is pretty unrealistic, so I'm not fussed one way or another, in that regard)
47 is an amazing drummer, I'm sure he has the hand-eye coordination required for accurate dual-wielding.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'd like a desert/Middle East setting but the first season's play areas seemed a little too compact for that to work.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

julian assflange posted:

I'd like a desert/Middle East setting but the first season's play areas seemed a little too compact for that to work.
I think they could make a Valley of the Kings setting work in terms of layout/size, and it has some obvious curse of the pharaohs potential in terms of disguises and opportunities.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
a bus/train terminal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

A Buttery Pastry posted:

47 is an amazing drummer, I'm sure he has the hand-eye coordination required for accurate dual-wielding.

Oh yeah, true - I forgot he drummed quite well in that Thailand mission

Goa Tse-tung posted:

a bus/train terminal

Ah, yeah this would be good. Or maybe an airport or something, if that hasn't been done yet. A nice bustling location like that would be good - especially with the timed opportunities that the arriving/departing trains/etc. would present.

• Locked thread