Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Per the Observer Fred Yehi is the next WWE indie signee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

rovert posted:

Per the Observer Fred Yehi is the next WWE indie signee.
Surprised they are skipping over Ricochet since he will be able to sign after next week

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Who said they are skipping over Ricochet?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

love fred to death but that's a weird fit for wwe

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

rovert posted:

Who said they are skipping over Ricochet?
Well I thought WWE would be knocking on the door after next week when he is a free agent.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

oatgan posted:

love fred to death but that's a weird fit for wwe

Same. Different ring style and charisma than the rigid WWE format.

Then all the historic/regressive baggage African Americans in WWE or Wrestling has. NXT and WWE have all the standard Wrestling stereotypes covered, don't they?

achillesforever6 posted:

Well I thought WWE would be knocking on the door after next week when he is a free agent.

The signing process is long. Fred could have the jump on Ricochet. Meltzer wouldn't report it if it wasn't at an advanced or certain stage.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

achillesforever6 posted:

Surprised they are skipping over Ricochet since he will be able to sign after next week

i think the lu contracts are that you're free to do american television after seven months after the last episode of the season(season 7 for most, season 3 for ric) airs, right?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Le Saboteur posted:

I think the Dream/Black angle is one of the best angles WWEs done as a company in quite some time but I keep wondering when they're putting the belt on Black. The Takeover during Mania week maybe?

I feel like it's a little early to go that far on the angle. It's only been 2 weeks of interaction and not a whole ton has happened. There's still time for them to gently caress it up (not saying or expecting that they will).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Phenix Rising posted:

I feel like it's a little early to go that far on the angle. It's only been 2 weeks of interaction and not a whole ton has happened. There's still time for them to gently caress it up (not saying or expecting that they will).

Yeah but there's like 4 weeks of spoilers available to know exactly where it's going.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I wish they'd give Nikki cross skinny jeans or something. The bootcut pants are super unflattering.

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
WWE isn't skipping over Ricochet. Ricochet is skipping over WWE. To all non-WWE wrestlers New Japan is the cool promotion and the place to be. That's why Cobb and Riddle are New Japan bound soon. Ricochet is also one of these wrestlers who wrestle to impress Dave Meltzer and fans on twitter, which wouldn't happen if he was in WWE.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Roque11 posted:

WWE isn't skipping over Ricochet. Ricochet is skipping over WWE. To all non-WWE wrestlers New Japan is the cool promotion and the place to be. That's why Cobb and Riddle are New Japan bound soon. Ricochet is also one of these wrestlers who wrestle to impress Dave Meltzer and fans on twitter, which wouldn't happen if he was in WWE.

I am now much more confident Ricochet will end up in WWE.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
matt riddle knows that japan is seriously very not cool with pot right

oblique
Sep 20, 2001

Like me, they have no way to go but up.

Roque11 posted:

Yeah Ricochet definitely wrestles to get over on Twitter

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Roque11 posted:

Do you watch NXT

Tell me how you felt about the latest NXT episode

Or if you don't have anything to say about NXT, stop posting in the NXT thread and take your bitching elsewhere

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
That episode was really good.

Great main event but jesus, the size differential between McIntyre and Strong is incredible. It's kind of weird, actually that Strong does all these power moves like backbreakers and whatnot, and he's not actually in what I'd think of as 'Big Power Wrestler Move' shape, like a Riddle or a Cobb. He looks more like a tag wrestler, for some reason. Not that it makes a difference to anything, I was really thinking of his presentation.

Drew McIntyre, I'd like to see him against some big lads like Cesaro or Sheamus or whoever on the main roster. He looks loving nails.

Adam Cole's physique reminds me of when Shawn Michaels returned from his retirement to have matches against HHH and was well off the gas.

THIS HAS BEEN PHYSIQUE CHAT.

Also Kairi Sane is awesome and all her mannerisms are great.

Love the Velevteen Dream/Black thing, I liked how Lio Rush is brought in and then clobbered unfairly, so people are denied seeing his awesomeness.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I am mega pissed off about them taking Yehi away to do absolutely nothing with

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oblique posted:

Yeah Ricochet definitely wrestles to get over on Twitter

you'd be surprised

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Roddy doesn't look big but he is a monster in the gym and has that Freaky Roderick Strength (FRS). He and McIntyre had a good match at PWG's Bowie last year

oblique
Sep 20, 2001

Like me, they have no way to go but up.

Super No Vacancy posted:

you'd be surprised

I talked to him just yesterday and he vehemently denied it. Then he kissed me on the forehead.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Roddy doesn't look big but he is a monster in the gym and has that Freaky Roderick Strength (FRS). He and McIntyre had a good match at PWG's Bowie last year

McIntyre gives me the feeling that he really enjoys having matches with guys where they can just brutalize each other.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
this new nikki cross song is trying so hard to make me hate nikki cross. it wont work, not yet at least. but man.

peyton royce took a nasty neck bump in this match god drat.

shiksa fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Oct 12, 2017

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

haha they're really going with purple rainmaker for velveteen dreams elbow.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

shiksa posted:

haha they're really going with purple rainmaker for velveteen dreams elbow.

Okada blessed it so whatever I guess?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i suppose its all good then.

the bounce up from the second rope that he added is really cool. i like velveteen dream, im just surprised they went with it because it sounded sooo much like mauro just doing mauro things.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Is it me or does the crowd at full sail just get more and more dead each week.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

The_Rob posted:

They shoot like five episodes a time, so...

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Lio rush rules though.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Gargano/Almas was real good. Shame about the dead-rear end crowd.

...I just wanted Johnny to win. :(

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
For what its worth, apparently sometimes the full sail crowd decides to chant pretty bad things every once in awhile, and their mics/reactions have to be muted.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

The_Rob posted:

Apparently people are now trying to shush each other because they want to hear Mauro

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

The_Rob posted:

Complaining about Full Sail is overdone but there was people front row who looked like they were being held at gunpoint.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

The_Rob posted:

Honestly, the roster is a bit lovely at the moment so there isn't a whole lot to be excited about.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

rovert posted:

Complaining about Full Sail is overdone but there was people front row who looked like they were being held at gunpoint.
Which is weird since I always hear "Man this is such a great match go see it!!!" from the regulars who post on twitter, then when that match happens its dead as a doornail

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I like how on the WWE YouTube clip of the Cross/Royce/Morgan match, there are tons of excited Brazilians about Taynara Conti. Sounds like an untapped market if you ask me.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TBF the current taping was from right after the state was ravaged by a hurricane, so there may be a lot of people with other things on their minds.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Post here back in March/April that the plan was for Peyton to win the title later in the year.

https://twitter.com/WWEPeytonRoyce/status/918233516206411776

https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/918269300137394177

If the title was in Ember's immediate future she would have won it at Brooklyn. Sane shouldn't win the title immediately.

Peyton (& Billie) can do the heavy lifting talking wise for Sane. Think how WWE formats their TV/feuds. Billie can take the pinfall in set up matches.

There's also seemingly zero other heels on Peyton's level and she has improved a lot this past year.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
The biggest issue I have with the Peyton/Billie pair is that they come off more annoying than anything else. I don’t deny they’ve improved a ton since Asuka dropped both of them on their heads at the same time, but listening to them talk makes me want to stuff burning rags in my ears.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

spudsbuckley posted:

Honestly, the roster is a bit lovely at the moment so there isn't a whole lot to be excited about.

I know you're spudsbuckley and all but this is the best roster NXT has had in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

YeehawMcKickass posted:

The biggest issue I have with the Peyton/Billie pair is that they come off more annoying than anything else. I don’t deny they’ve improved a ton since Asuka dropped both of them on their heads at the same time, but listening to them talk makes me want to stuff burning rags in my ears.

Yup, which is one of the reasons why I don't think their reign will last long. What I imagine will happen is:

Peyton will win the title at Takeover: Houston. Ember will lose at the Takeover before the Royal Rumble (and probably get called up). Kairi can then win at Takeover: New Orleans, before Wrestlemania.

The Iconic Duo's gimmick has an incredibly short shelf life before people get sick of it (overexposure). Peyton is okay in the ring, but Billie Kay is pretty bad. Neither of them hold a candle to Ember, Kairi, or Nikki though, in ring wise.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Oct 12, 2017

• Locked thread