Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Hitl3rD1dN0thingWr0ng19391944RIP

edit. poo poo...ctrl V in the wrong field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CyberPingu posted:

Hitl3rD1dN0thingWr0ng19391944RIP

edit. poo poo...ctrl V in the wrong field.

Missing a 14 and an 88 in there.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Skwirl posted:

Missing a 14 and an 88 in there.

Im not giving him that much credit

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CyberPingu posted:

Im not giving him that much credit

1290 is a pretty deep cut in terms of anti-semitism, I'm fully willing to give Milo the entire benefit of the doubt when it comes to being a Nazi.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

I dont want to google "Famous historical Jewish atrocity events" but im sure 1290 would be easy to find if you were seriously loving mental about that stuff.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Well poo poo, this isn't football related at all other than a name! But I typed this all up so I guess I'll post it here.

Didn't know whether to post it here [originally meant for NCAA Aftermath] or in the NFL thread, but Jay Novacek's kid is suing an OU frat for hazing.

quote:

Blake Novacek, the son of former Dallas Cowboys tight end Jay Novacek, is suing the Gamma Phi chapter of Beta Theta Pi, its parent organization Beta Theta Pi and two of the fraternity’s members in Tulsa County Court, claiming the alleged hazing incident led to brain damage.

The Oklahoma lawsuit stems from an alleged incident that took place after the University of Texas beat Oklahoma 24 to 17 in a daytime football game in Dallas on Oct. 10, 2015....When Novacek couldn’t recall a specific fact, Muselmann allegedly “became enraged” and swung a baseball bat into the pledge’s stomach. Novacek then fell back, hit his head on something hard, and lost consciousness, according to the lawsuit.

“He was carted down to the basement and put on a couch and sat unconscious for 10 hours with no medical help,” Christopher Cooke, one of Novacek’s attorneys, told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Months later, Novacek met with an unnamed fraternity member who asked him not to file a hazing report, the lawsuit said. The next day, someone vandalized Novacek’s car, the lawsuit stated.

The frat (Beta Theta Pi?) and it's lawyers are of course denying any of this and act like it's all completely mystifying (their word).

Hmm, I assumed Blake Novacek was a football recruit because of the name but after looking I guess this is just a random thing?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

So UK college/university culture is completely different apparently, are US Colleges just like extensions of High School?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Greek life is its own thing in college, and I don't know much about it other than it seemed to make a lot of people irrationally arrogant. I was a proud GDI (goddamned independent).

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

I only know about frat houses from Animal House and college footballers raping people.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Frats are all pretty much horrible.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Buying my Switch after work today so of course this afternoon is dragging and i have a meeting at 4pm to discuss the companies key objectives for the next Q.

On the plus side...the beer fridge opens at 4

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Hey now, not all frats are bad!
Why yes, I have had a tennis racket handle shove up my butt. Why is that relevant?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Hot Diggity! posted:

Yup. There are a lot of interesting group psychology reasons for it but the only real solution is to ban them entirely

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Leperflesh posted:

but in the meantime until we invent some kind of new society where everyone feels fulfilled and stuff, we probably just have to relentlessly attack bigotry and ignorance and hatred using whatever means prove to be most effective

I mean the methods we used to kill Nazis in WWII seemed pretty effective.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
true fact I was briefly in a frat and stole all the frat secrets and have discovered all frats have the same secrets but think they are special secrets only they have because they never tell the other frats about them

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Go on....

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sean10mm posted:

I mean the methods we used to kill Nazis in WWII seemed pretty effective.

Well, yes...but I question whether we're at the point daytime carpet bombing raids and the purposeful destruction of infrastructure are necessary at this point.

Plus I'd totally be caught in a carpet bombing because so many of these fucks live in the midwest.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

CyberPingu posted:

So UK college/university culture is completely different apparently, are US Colleges just like extensions of High School?

Let's ask David Cameron about that.

In the US, that pig would still be alive

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

Unrelated but this bit about the Iron Bowl never fails to make me laugh.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

They all have the same secret handshake for one, and the secret code is pretty much always just the last names of the founder/s

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Kalli posted:

Fair. I didnt say they dont exist over here, its just they are suuuuuper fringe and only exist in the upper echelon of Universities or private schools

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh I know, I just wanted to mention that David Cameron put his pecker in a pig.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Kalli posted:

Oh I know, I just wanted to mention that David Cameron put his pecker in a pig.

He did, it wasnt as hilarious in the end as people thought, he rested his dick in a pigs mouth during a roast pig meal. Kinda like dipping your balls in the punch bowl at a wedding.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

It's at least an adult pig which puts him above most British upper class figures

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

CyberPingu posted:

Kinda like dipping your balls in the punch bowl at a wedding.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrmZAXezkhA

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Hot Diggity! posted:

Nah, it's the same as the vocal minority thing with politics. I was in a frat all four years and nobody stuck anything up my butt and nobody raped anybody. Mostly it was just a bunch of dudes hanging out playing video games and getting drunk most nights of the week.

I think the worst thing that happened was one guy was caught stealing from the frat and the guys rooms, but he was kicked out immediately.

I'd rather not specifically say which one it was but it's one of the more well known ones.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Joey Freshwater posted:

Nah, it's the same as the vocal minority thing with politics. I was in a frat all four years and nobody stuck anything up my butt and nobody raped anybody. Mostly it was just a bunch of dudes hanging out playing video games and getting drunk most nights of the week.

I think the worst thing that happened was one guy was caught stealing from the frat and the guys rooms, but he was kicked out immediately.

I'd rather not specifically say which one it was but it's one of the more well known ones.

Yeah our frat was terrible for a completely different reason which was that our frat was obsessed with INTEGRITY and UPHOLDING OUR SACRED VALUES.

Like, the president forbid big brother/little brother pairings because they promoted hazing or some poo poo

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

quote:

The University of Florida announced it would allow white nationalist Richard Spencer to speak on campus later this month. The event will be Spencer’s first appearance at a university since he led the torch rally at U-Va. the day before violence broke out in Charlottesville.

Oh good. Nice job again Florida.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Really does seem like the kind of guy who would force you to evolve your pikachu against your will.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

richard spencer is going to get punched in the face again

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

Oh good. Nice job again Florida.

We, in the interest of free speech, invite Richard Spencer to speak in front of his supporters here at UF. He will he be speaking in the open on the green, in a wide field with very little cover, surrounded by many multiple story windowed buildings. We believe this invitation is in the best interest of the good of the national discourse.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Grittybeard posted:

Unrelated but this bit about the Iron Bowl never fails to make me laugh.

"A local darby between amateur students" kills me every time.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

No Butt Stuff posted:

richard spencer is going to get punched in the face again
Would hoping for a knife to the carotid artery be going too far?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

UF set up a whole page explaining why he is allowed to speak:

https://freespeech.ufl.edu/qa-for-1019-event/

tl;dr: UF can't prevent anyone from renting space and speaking as they are a state institution. They also can't pass the security costs onto him. No one at UF is sponsoring the event and no one invited him.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

swickles posted:

UF set up a whole page explaining why he is allowed to speak:

https://freespeech.ufl.edu/qa-for-1019-event/

tl;dr: UF can't prevent anyone from renting space and speaking as they are a state institution. They also can't pass the security costs onto him. No one at UF is sponsoring the event and no one invited him.

lol, of course a Florida school wouldn't require student group sponsorship.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Neil Armbong posted:

lol, of course a Florida school wouldn't require student group sponsorship.

It's the same for literally any state school.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

So Spencer is showing up to UF just for the hell of it?

I hope he shits on SEC football again

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Eli Wiggum posted:

Would hoping for a knife to the carotid artery be going too far?

i would never do anything to take away your freedom of speech

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I hope he dies hilariously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

If there is nothing against the rules prohibiting nazi rallies on campus perhaps we must consider revising the rules

• Locked thread