Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Seriously though it's an amazing trick that opens up so many contract possibilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Nakar posted:

Found a Hokkaido contract you might be interested in, Mondian: 1-10-5269815-78

Not mine, just a random one I found. Interesting target choices, potential for quite a bit of routing. My speedrun's a bit slow due to being lazy about one of the kills but I'll mess around with it. Don't check my YouTube channel if you wish to remain unspoiled as I have a video up for it (though the first part of the video is a restriction run which should be safe viewing).

This was several months ago, but I had to take a forced hiatus due to not having time to dick around with video games and just recently came back to catch up. Fun contract, I checked out your video and we had similar ideas. I shaved 25sec off your time by using this one wierd trick! (that I learned when doing your "blow up all the targets series") Yuki evacuates immediately instead of fleeing to her room if you spook her before she finishes her introduction with the director

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0GSra03kfk

Could probably improve on it further by taking a more efficient route, but I am real rusty and playing sloppy (as the video proves) and those guys in the security office react seemingly at random so the whole thing is a frustrating mess to orchestrate properly.

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Complete the new Master Plumber challenges to unlock the .. hammer

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
In honor of my upcoming computer upgrade that might let me actually stream/record at 60fps instead of 30, here's a bunch of contracts, some of which suck. I've set times on all of them but they're pretty bad right now so they should be easy to beat. Target locations provided for recreators.

A Coup Times Two (Marrakesh): 1-06-7379827-02

* Ameen Mu'nis Salib: Downstairs officer near the radio guys.
* Faheem Attar: In the area where dismissed soldiers go, talking to another guy.
* In'am Yusri Kouri: In the central courtyard, talking to another guy.
* Othman Jaun Fakhoury: Upstairs in the mess hall.
* Rafeeq Lone: Upstairs in the bunkroom, asleep.

The Sellout (Bangkok): 1-08-3121216-02

* Russ Jones: Upstairs in the recording studio near Wes Liston.
* Otis Kaplan: Ken Morgan's bodyguard, should be easy to find.

Video Games'll Fry Your Brain (Colorado): 1-09-0613232-02 & 1-09-9584813-02 (Suit Ver)

* Greg Barnes: Downstairs by the evidence computer talking to a guard.
* Tyler Gordon: Patrols the backyard from the door near Barnes to near the shed.

Suit version for added difficulty if you care. This contract is harder than it should be due to an issue I didn't realize until I started making the non-suit version. The water trough in the shed doesn't count as Drowning.

Faulty Wiring (Colorado): 1-09-4675348-02

All four targets are near the water tower in the technician area near the trailer.

The Botox Botch Job (Hokkaido): 1-10-1214356-02

* Haruo Nakamoto: The surgeon who meets with Jason Portman upstairs.
* Satomu Sugiyama: One of the bodyguards in the hospital break room.

Enforcer Hunt: Doctor (Hokkaido): 1-10-7342744-02

Inspired by the Gardener version in Sapienza, take out the four enforcers of the Doctor disguise:

* Andrew Roovers: In the room across from the hospital bathroom.
* Ikkei Andou: One of the two doctors in the upstairs office.
* Takemi Shiraishi: Watching the surgery from the observation room.
* Ikuma Nakazawa: Talking to the female doctor in the hallway leading to the helipad.

Nakar fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Sep 12, 2017

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Nakar posted:

* Takemi Shiraishi: Watching the surgery from the observation room.

Is there a trick to isolating this guy without wasting time pulling the guard out first?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I just watched John Wick Chapter 2 and it made me realize that something missing from Hitman 2016, which I hope they include in season 2, is a multi-assassin level, where it's either a Murder of Crows type thing where you have to protect a target against multiple other assassins in the level, or some kind of "be the first to get the target" thing. Missions on timers are generally kind of lovely, but for the former they could set it up in the same way that it worked in Blood Money, where you get a VERY generous time limit before the assassins actually do anything (which can also be postponed indefinitely by simply intercepting the courier with the payment before he delivers it), and for the latter the obvious solution would just be that taking out your competitors before the target would give you all the time in the world (and again, even if you didn't, they could put them on a pretty generous timer so you'd have to deliberately stall to actually get beaten to the target - although it might be a cool element if assassins would make failed attempts on the target first, which would change the target's behaviour).

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i want a prison level, i think the only one of those was in absolution and that was just a courtroom jailhouse

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Multiplayer mission with multiple assassins all other players.

Hunt or be hunted, trying to get to the target first.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Vahakyla posted:

Multiplayer mission with multiple assassins all other players.

Hunt or be hunted, trying to get to the target first.

Some kind of Assassin's Creed/The Ship style multiplayer mode would fit in really well with the game too, where everyone is assigned a generic NPC identity and you're tasked with taking out another player, although it would probably be more work than would be worthwhile for them considering how they just split from Square-Enix and are most likely working with a much more limited budget now.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Buccaneer posted:

Complete the new Master Plumber challenges to unlock the .. hammer

The hammer's actually pretty handy as a universally innocuous melee. Also, take a closer look at it.

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I just watched John Wick Chapter 2 and it made me realize that something missing from Hitman 2016, which I hope they include in season 2, is a multi-assassin level, where it's either a Murder of Crows type thing where you have to protect a target against multiple other assassins in the level, or some kind of "be the first to get the target" thing. Missions on timers are generally kind of lovely, but for the former they could set it up in the same way that it worked in Blood Money, where you get a VERY generous time limit before the assassins actually do anything (which can also be postponed indefinitely by simply intercepting the courier with the payment before he delivers it), and for the latter the obvious solution would just be that taking out your competitors before the target would give you all the time in the world (and again, even if you didn't, they could put them on a pretty generous timer so you'd have to deliberately stall to actually get beaten to the target - although it might be a cool element if assassins would make failed attempts on the target first, which would change the target's behaviour).

The paris christmas level was cool, having targets who would sneak around the whole level trying to accomplish objectives made it interesting

Discendo Vox posted:

The hammer's actually pretty handy as a universally innocuous melee. Also, take a closer look at it.

It's useful and possibly a mario reference but it really should have been the wrench

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Buccaneer posted:

It's useful and possibly a mario reference but it really should have been the wrench

Look closer.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
They made it a hammer because only hammers are "non-useful" tools. A crowbar, wrench, or screwdriver would break the game wide open in too many unpredictable ways, and as it is the Claw Hammer being legal melee you can start with is already pretty useful in a number of situations where no non-lethal melee is available near a start location.

Basically look at the non-lethal unlocks as follows:
  • Okinawan Tonfa: Illegal as civilian and legal as guard on Normal, illegal for both on Pro. Doesn't pass frisks. Normal stealth KO animation, slow frontal KO animation, average throw. Normal Mastery unlock, easy to get.
  • Concealable Baton: Illegal as civilian and legal as guard on Normal, same on Pro. Passes frisks. Normal Stealth KO animation, slow frontal KO animation, average throw. Normal Mastery unlock, easy to get.
  • Crystal Ball: Legal on Normal, suspicious in any disguise on Pro (it's a reskinned Brick for whatever reason). Passes frisks on Normal. Fastest stealth KO animation (same as Brick/Soda Can), fast frontal KO animation, fast throw with a lot of momentum if a target is moving strangely. Breaks after one use. Level 10 Professional Mastery unlock, thus tedious to get.
  • Claw Hammer: Legal on Normal, suspicious in non-repairman disguises on Pro. Passes frisks when legal. Normal stealth KO animation, fastest frontal KO animation (same as the Cleaver* but non-lethal), average throw. Challenge pack unlock, mildly time-consuming to get.
The Okinawan Tonfa is terrible; the Concealable Baton is identical or better in every circumstance and has a unique niche on Pro where it's legal in a guard disguise. The Crystal Ball has some marginal value due to its speed but it's breakable and the Claw Hammer isn't so it's basically worse on Normal unless you need the fastest possible knockout. The Claw Hammer is as good as the Tonfa/Baton for stealth knockouts and better than any other weapon for knocking out an aware person because of its ludicrously fast animation, but it becomes Suspicious on Pro.

There's also one more point in the Crystal Ball's favor: Due to a bug, the Tonfa/Baton/Hammer cannot be smuggled into Small drop points, even though they're considered Small items. They can be put in Large drops but not the Small ones, so there's a greater limitation on where you can pick them up. The Crystal Ball can be smuggled anywhere. That said, generally if you're smuggling in melee it's because you intend to use it right away, as otherwise you can probably find non-lethal melee lying around.

* Surprisingly enough, the Cleaver is the best lethal melee weapon in the game. It has the fastest stealth and frontal kill animations, leaving 47 in animation lock for the least time which is crucial if you're fighting guards on a rampage or something. Compare that to the slow frontal animation shared by the Crowbar/Wrench/Baton/Saber with the double strike, it just takes forever in comparison. The (Claw) Hammer shares the same frontal animation but uses the Crowbar/Wrench/Baton stealth animation.

EDIT: I'm not 100% on this but I think the speed of lethal stealth animations roughly goes Cleaver > Knife > Screwdriver > Saber/Machete > Katana > Axe > Fiber Wire. Frontal animations are more complex but the Cleaver is by far the fastest, the Katana becomes much faster than most other options, the Saber drops to bottom tier, axes vary because they have different animations (the forehead chop is slow as hell but the abdomen strike is fast), and the Screwdriver/Knife have the same animation.

Nakar fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Sep 16, 2017

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
This came out surprisingly well. A lot more complex than I expected, anyway. Best of luck!

Pests in the Marketplace (Marrakesh): 1-06-5610536-02

EDIT: See above.

It Does Everything!!! (Colorado): 1-09-6803868-02

Nakar fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Sep 23, 2017

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!
I'm going to try that Marrakesh one, once I get the second injectable poison.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I gotta say, Hitman has been a low key great game once I found well made contracts and kind of understood the game at a deeper level.

I wish contracts had saving only because I'm much more of a "replay until you get it 100% cool and undetected" but at the same time, the extra challenge isn't a bad thing.

I hope that S2 is solid.

Also gently caress you let me pay $10 and I'll buy the loving elusive target suits. I wasn't playing the game when those were a thing. Literally losing my money that I would piss away to wear gloves. Do you hear how stupid I am, devs?! Let me throw loving cold hard cash at you for your dumb rear end suits. I'll do it right now.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
They'd make bank on DLC holiday suits. Easter bunny, Leprechaun, etc.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
For those interested in trying something new and wacky, I've made a playlist where I do 8 of the 10 new Featured Contracts with "Zero Mastery." Basically default start, default loadout, nothing smuggled, still get SA. The two that I didn't do are technically impossible under these rules (Meleecyclist requires the Masamune, The Expendable One requires a Sniper Rifle), but all the rest are possible. They're commentated, so check them out if you're frustrated with any of them or having trouble getting SA. The routes aren't fast, but I tried to make them pretty safe and reasonably easy to replicate, and since they're with default loadouts you shouldn't end up stuck for lack of something like Napoleon or other unlocks you might not have yet.

There's also a five-contract challenge for those courageous enough to try this ruleset. Watch the video for the overview or just check out the contracts below:

0MC-01: Whatever’s Lyin’ Around (Paris): 1-02-5219211-02
Master Restriction: Don’t knock out non-targets.

0MC-02: Unique Opportunities (Bangkok): 1-08-7971362-02
Master Restriction: Don’t use the Hotel Security disguise.

0MC-03: Unattended Consequences (Colorado): 1-09-7797197-02
Master Restriction: No knockouts, and do not fire a gun at any time for any reason.

0MC-04: You Done Fugu’d Up Now (Hokkaido): 1-10-5757122-02
Master Restriction: Suit Only, no knockouts.

0MC-05: I’m You, But Way Better (Sapienza): 1-03-3908494-02
Master Restriction: No knockouts, do not force any doors open with a Crowbar.

You could also just do these as regular contracts, if you want. I think only the last three are especially interesting that way.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!

Lollerich posted:

I'm going to try that Marrakesh one, once I get the second injectable poison.
This contract is pretty annoying. It takes 7-8 minutes to get the extra poisons and you have to watch all the targets and their habits for a long time. Otherwise when you poison their food you might accidentally poison an innocent because multiple people eat from the various food sources.

Anyway I didn't finish it, maybe some day - I've marked it as a favourite so I might find it later again.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
New content (NOT SEASON TWO) announcement later this month:

https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/916266380630134786

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

[quote="“The Kins”" post="“477112002”"]
New content (NOT SEASON TWO) announcement later this month:

https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/916266380630134786
[/quote]

Assassinate the sun

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Boiled Water posted:

Assassinate the sun

Piece of cake. Just push it over a railing.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

drown it in a toilet.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Remember to place a coin on the lip of the toilet bowl to lure the sun into position

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Looking forward to assassinating a literal wizard.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Assassinating a cult leader. Nice bonus ep.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Looking forward to assassinating a literal wizard.

Fed up with his job after rediscovering his true calling as an airplane mechanic drummer, 47 decides he cannot fight all these syndicates and providences and what have you — he has to go straight to the top and put an end to his own services once and for all.

“Good morning, 47. Your target is The Grim Reaper…”

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

Tippis posted:

Fed up with his job after rediscovering his true calling as an airplane mechanic drummer, 47 decides he cannot fight all these syndicates and providences and what have you — he has to go straight to the top and put an end to his own services once and for all.

I wasn't really thinking what I was reading and instantly got a great visual in my head of 47 on the middle of an airplane, passengers on both sides, whacking a drum set with a couple of wrenches. It almost seems dumb enough to happen for this game and if only I could draw

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Tippis posted:

Grim reaper: I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS! *drowns in toilet he just puked in*

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Master Scarecrow Pack on the 13th, too. This bonus thing might be the Church of the Ascendants.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Thats a top-view of a guy falling into the pit from Temple of Doom.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Discendo Vox posted:

Master Scarecrow Pack on the 13th, too. This bonus thing might be the Church of the Ascendants.
It doesn't match what is probably their logo (visible in Colorado), nor does this logo appear anywhere else. If I had to take a stab at it, I'd say a bonus mission in Bangkok, but who knows.

Real question is what unlock we'll get from Master Scarecrow. Another two-handed melee weapon would be boring and worse than the Masamune, another one-handed melee weapon would be pointless, and it's unlikely they'd give us another tool when they deliberately avoided giving us a useful one with the Claw Hammer. I can't think of much else that would make an interesting reskin of an in-map item to become an unlockable. Sedative Syringe is unlikely because it has nothing thematically to do with the Scarecrow, and I doubt they'd give us an item with an entirely new functionality (though if the Oct 28th thing is a new bonus mission, we might get one from that).

EDIT: Something like an alternate skin Fiber Wire (barbed wire?) would be neat, but the Fiber Wire can't exactly be reskinned when it doesn't have a model.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

You're all wrong, we're assassinating Ubisoft, by the looks of it.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Anime Store Adventure posted:

A noble goal if there ever was one.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Good afternoon, 47. Your target is Yves Guillemot.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

AceOfFlames posted:

Good afternoon, 47. Your target is Yves Guillemot.
You mean Yves Hascoët, Serge Martinez, and Alain Guillemot. Any resemblance to real life people is entirely accidental.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

smuh posted:

I wasn't really thinking what I was reading and instantly got a great visual in my head of 47 on the middle of an airplane, passengers on both sides, whacking a drum set with a couple of wrenches. It almost seems dumb enough to happen for this game and if only I could draw

47 would be a perfect fit for the blue man group. Do it IOI.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Our client, Vivendi SA, has asked that you apply extreme discretion. Being seen as hiring contract killers to aid a hostile corporate takeover is rarely good for one's stock price, after all.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Nakar posted:

It doesn't match what is probably their logo (visible in Colorado), nor does this logo appear anywhere else. If I had to take a stab at it, I'd say a bonus mission in Bangkok, but who knows.

You're right, wishful thinking on my part.

I want an antique sedative just to complete the trifecta. Maybe an Old Axe loadout item?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

You're right, wishful thinking on my part.

I want an antique sedative just to complete the trifecta. Maybe an Old Axe loadout item?
You know what 47 could really use? A rope.